[Sweet Apple Acres, Open-PM, Invite, Friends, Family] Apple Bloom's Big Day!

SteelEagle

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack was surprised by Carrot's sudden burst at her. It really seemed a little rash. Applejack wasn't about to rage a war over something so silly on this important day, so she shrugged it off. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Ok, ok. Sheesh." [/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack had seen Cheerilee talking to a filly who apparently was to blame for the throwing of the cake. Applejack smiled. For if it wasn't for Rarity being so prissy, a little cake thrown around wasn't only not a problem, it was almost encouraged. Fillies should be allowed to have fun.

Applejack gave her sister a highhoof and chuckled. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Yup. All along. In fact, Granny and I had to try really hard to keep Big Mac from spilling the beans. He almost couldn't keep from flapping that big mouth of his."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack noticed that Apple Bloom was a little overwhelmed with excitement. But she seemed eager to get some presents unwrapped. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Don't forget the present Granny, Big Mac, and I got you."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack pointed at a big box in the corner, which seemed to serve as a table for all of the other smaller presents that were placed on it by guests. Applejack winked at her little sister, but then noticed she had pie crumbs all over her face. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Um, Abby. Come 'ere, hold still."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] She grabbed a nearby table cloth, spit of Apple Bloom's face and then wipe her face of any mess she made trying to eat a pie. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"There we go. Maybe you should eat the smaller pies. You know the ones we have for the newborn guests?"[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack pointed across the way where a picnic table was set with mares who were recently gifted with newborn foals were feeding their kin with these bite-sized apple fritters.

Applejack threw a towel at Rarity. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Heh, heh. Rarity you're like the dirtiest one here. What's wrong with you? Heh, heh. Hey, all you big ponies should come back to the kitchen, and I'll let you try our new experimental apple cider. It needs to be tested, and you guys will have the honor of being the first to try! So who wants some?"[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack hooked herself to the cart and pulled it towards the opposite end of the barn, the end where the entrance to the kitchen was.[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie heartily laughed as the cheery Apple Bloom consumed the pie on her face with one lick. It was nice to know that her distant niece… or cousin (Ingrid didn’t understand the finer subtleties of genealogy) didn’t let a couple of embarrassing moments get her down. Very shortly after, Applejack finally arrived with two kegs. When the cowgirl mare got around to greeting Ingrid, the unicorn eagerly replied; [colour=#008080]“Ah, Applejack! So good to finally see you and the family! I hope everything has been going well here at Sweet Apple Acres?”[/colour]

Not long after, Applejack brought out the experimental cider for the adults. Asking the adults who wanted to test the cider, Ingrid Marie saw fit to volunteer first; [colour=#008080]“Mmkay, I’ll have some.”[/colour] With nearly every other edible treat destroyed, the unicorn did not want to suffer the misfortune of not being able to eat or drink anything at the party at all. Trotting towards the kitchen end of the barn, Ingrid turned towards her new acquaintance Cheerilee and shouted; [colour=#008080]“Hey Cheerilee, wanna taste test with me?”[/colour]

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

There were probably a full two million gifts waiting for her, Apple Bloom figured, her math skills in full display as she assumed it was an accurate estimate. It certainly looked like it. It may just have been because there was a giant gift from her family taking up so much space but still, a lot of gifts.

[colour=#ff0000]"That is one big hookin' gift right thar, Applejack! Ah don't know what it could be...did I get a pet cow?!"[/colour] She asked, momentarily considering opening it first. Then she realized that it was surrounded by dozens of other gifts like a party minefield. Probably better to thin the crowd first.

[colour=#ff0000]"But..."[/colour] She said with a smile, picking Nursery Rhyme out and then blasting her with the widest grin possible,[colour=#ff0000] "Ah'm openin' yours first!"[/colour] Apple Bloom swiftly grabbed the gift, tossed the card to Nursery Rhyme, and set out unleashing her excitement on the fine box. In a matter of moments, the gift was revealed: Personalized, super pretty Apple family band-aids! She opened up the box and looked at them. It must have taken some time to make them! She momentarily dropped the box as she gave Nursery Rhyme a hug.

[colour=#ff0000]"Thanks, Nursery! Why, these bandaids are super pretty. Haha, and Ah'm sure Ah'll need one sooner rather than later..." [/colour]She said, her eyes suddenly setting on the unsettled Rarity, who was attempting to make quite the scene. Apple Bloom giggled as she snuck up on the messy pony and swiftly applied the band aid right on her flank, partially covering up her cutie mark.

[colour=#ff0000]"Thar ya go, Rarity. Now yer alllllll better!"[/colour] She giggled again, cantering up to Nursery and getting the box all tidied up.

[colour=#ff0000]"Now time ta read tha letter!"[/colour] She said, eyes glued on Nursery as the real gift of friendship was about to be expressed.

SGGcP.png

Nursery gave a little squeak as Applebloom hugged her. There had always been something disarming about her directness, which Nursery appreciated. She giggled when she saw where the first band-aid went, thought it certainly was a good use of a band-aid like this. First and foremost, she had taken so much time to make them because she's hoped to spread a few smiles with them. That certainly seemed to work.

She was a little nervous about the letter, though. She wasn't much of a writer, but she had tried very hard to make something great for her friend Applebloom. [colour=#ee82ee]"I h-hope you like it." [/colour]She said meekly, waiting for her friend to unfold the paper.

It was a folded piece of cream coloured carton, with a big, red apple on the front of it, hoofdrawn by the the future nurse herself. As the Apple filly unfolded it, she saw:

OWNAu.jpg

[colour=#a9a9a9](Keeping this one short, since it had just been my turn)[/colour]

• Like 3

[colour=#800080]Sweetie Belle[/colour]

Sweetie blinked rapidly as she was freed from the hay bale along with Apple Bloom, giving her head a little shake. She felt a little woozy, but it was all right. Food flying, falling hay bales, Rarity a mess ... wait, why was Rarity such a mess?! How was she not freaking out?! Sweetie giggled impishly. This was a weird party.

But as much as she wanted to go see what was happening with her big sister, this was Apple Bloom's party, and she was eager to see what gifts her bestest friend got! She bounced eagerly with the thought of what Apple Bloom would say about *her* gift, but didn't want to push it forward. Best to save it for last, anyway!

[colour=#800080]"Oh, wow, Apple Bloom! Those look like they'll be *real* handy for all our Crusading!"[/colour] She squeaked excitedly, then lowered her voice to half-whisper to her friend, [colour=#800080]"Especially with all the pine needles!"[/colour]

-----

[colour=#0000cd]Rainbow Dash[/colour]

Dash's eyes lit up excitedly as AJ informed her that there was extra *special* cider for the adults back in the kitchen! Man, if this cider was this good, how good must the extra AWESOME cider be? She grinned to Scootaloo and nodded, handing the lil' orange pegasus the mug Dash had been about to drink from. [colour=#0000cd]"Here ya go, kid! Drink up, and glad ya like it! I bet this is some of the batch I helped make!"[/colour] She nodded sagely. She was pretty sure that would make the drink even more special for her favorite fanfilly. [colour=#0000cd]"I gotta go check out this special batch!"[/colour]

With that, she disappeared back into the kitchen, trotting along happily.

-----

[colour=#006400]Purple Haze[/colour]

When Carrot Fields finally got back outside, he saw a sight indeed ... his little sister carefully balancing on one hind hoof, her various foods and platters all arrayed balanced about her. There was the wrapped loaf of carrot bread balanced on her head, with the assorted carrot discs platter balanced atop of that. The carrot cupcakes seemed all stacked up on her left forehoof, while the big bowl of garlic-fried carrot sticks was on her right. A serving spoon clenched in her teeth had a bowl of carrot-ranch dip balanced atop it, and her left rear leg was lifted up to try to steady the wagon and keep any of the rest of the snacks from falling over, cause she'd run out of ways to catch them! And as Carrot watched, a lil' pink butterfly settled down to land on Purple Haze's upturned nose ... "mmph mph!" she said, her eyes a little panicked.

Apple Bloom could hardly contain herself as she let the envelope fall to the floor. Nursery Rhymes' letter was just so sweet and cool that it was almost better than a box of personalized bandaids that had a better chance of being placed on ponies for comical reasons than any sort of injury. She hugged Nursery Rhyme again, then placed the letter in her mane, between the mane itself and her bow. That was as good as taped now.

[colour=#ff0000]"Tha' was a real nice letter thar, Nursery. Why, Ah've half a mind ta tape it ta tha clubhouse wall. Whatcha think o' that, Sweetie Belle?"[/colour] Apple Bloom asked as she turned to her fellow Crusader, taking in the whispered use of the bandaids. Yeah, pine needles could be a real pain in the plot, literally and figuratively.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, why ah bet with these bandaids we can go crusadin' more than EVER! Now we'll be ready for anythin', no matter what!" [/colour]She exclaimed as she laid the bandaids down in a safe place. Well, as safe as it could get. Her party had quickly turned into a cyclone of chaos, which oddly seemed to have dulled her to any one emergency. There were fourteen different disasters unfolding behind her. In front of her? Only a single pile of gifts. It stood out so much more.

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright! Who's next!?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF6600] [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Heh, heh. Rarity you're like the dirtiest one here. What's wrong with you? Heh, heh."[/colour]

Rarity just glared at Applejack as she laughed at her expense. Didn't she understand how grave a matter this?! It was all over her and it just felt so messy! It truly was the worst! She grumbled bitterly as she took the towel thrown at her and tried to wipe herself down. Successfully she was able remove the clumps of cake and frosting from her coat and mane, but the stickiness stuck with her, leaving her feeling dirtied.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thar ya go, Rarity. Now yer alllllll better!"[/colour]

Rarity tried hard not glower at the filly as she placed the bandage suddenly on her flank. It was Apple Bloom's birthday, and Rarity definitely respected it, but in her distressed state it was still kind of hard not to go off on the filly. Instead she just gave a resounding sigh and a weak, [colour=#663399]"Thank you, dear."[/colour]

She trotted back toward AJ, having heard something about cider from the mare. "[colour=#663399]I think I'll partake in some of your cider as well, darling. With all the horror that I've been forced to endure here thus far, Celestia knows I need it...[/colour]" she said , throwing her sticky mane back as she approached AJ and the others gathered around.

For a moment, Guiding Light just lay there unconscious with the punch bowl resting on top of him. Then his eyes slowly opened as he tried to take stock of his surroundings.

[colour=#DAA520]"Where am I? Why is there a pnch bowl on my head? Oh, I'm at Apple Bloom's party. I wonder if she opened her presents yet."[/colour]

A wave of fear suddenly overtook the colt. What if Apple Bloom had opened his present already? Then he wouldn't get to see the reaction on her face! Light always liked to see joy on his friends' faces and he knew how special giving gifts was to ponies.

[colour=#DAA520]"If you didn't open mine yet, then you can open my gift," [/colour]Light suddenly shouted as he spung to his hooves suddenly, causing the punch bowl to go rolling. Ignoring it he realized that his outburst would probably turn a few heads, Casually he tried to lessen the impact.

[colour=#DAA520]"Um... that is if you wwant to. It's your party after all."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Cheerilee[/colour]

Cheerilee wasn't surprised that Granny Smith didn't put two and two together - content on letting Haywire's supposed innocence stand; as long as she actually helped clean up and did whatever the Apple matriarch needed. Pinkie, on the other hoof was much harder to deal with; Cheerilee had no hold there given the weird pink pony was an adult, but she hoped Pinkie would do to right thing instead of becoming instantly distracted, as distant a hope as that was.

At least Applebloom took it all in stride, not even losing a beat. Some foals are spoiled, but certainly not this one, even if she was a bit impatient about presents. Cheerilee smiled warmly as Abby opened Nursery Rhyme's, it was both adorable and personal. The schoolmare was fairly confident in her own gift to Applebloom, and more than happy to be patient about waiting her turn, but she got distracted when Ingrid spoke about the "special cider." [colour=#800080]"Well, I can certainly give it a taste test, just be sure to have a large mug for me to test with!"[/colour] She laughed; if it was anything like her previous cider experiences she already knew how much she would love it ... and how much she'd be testing!

[colour=#ff8c00]Carrot Fields[/colour]

Carrot Fields ran back to the wagon, disappointed that with all the distractions - and not a bit of help from any of them! He'd really hoped to get help from the unicorn, Rarity, and not just because she was pretty stunning, even with the food splattered on her. A bit of unicorn magic would have been handy. His disappointment turned to shock upon seeing the precarious situation his sister was in! Carrot quickly ran up to shoo the butterfly away from Purple's nose. [colour=#ff8c00]"Ach, sorry 'bout this, sis! 'ere were fallin' bales, an' fallin' ponies, an' flyin' pies, an' Oi cannae find anypony tae hie up th' wagon!" [/colour] He grabbed the bowl of carrot-ranch dip carefully with his forehooves and placed it softly on the ground - it looked like the biggest mess-maker, and he knew he'd never hear the end of it if that got all over his fine kilt.

He quickly ran around to the part of the wagon being steadied by his sister's hind leg, and lifted it with his own to the point that the top of the wagon was level, relieving her of the burden. [colour=#ff8c00]"Better hie this food inside roit quick! All th' food jes went flyin' through th' air! Now's the time tae save the day wi' yer tasty snacks!"[/colour] He was sure Purple wasn't too happy with him at the moment, but at least he could hold the wagon up while she went back and forth getting the food out and set up.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff0000]"Heh heh. No, its not a cow."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack laughed at Apple Bloom's guess. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"You'll just hafta wait and see. You can open that big one last." [/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack winked as she helped move around some of the food on the desert table so that it was always rotated and fresh. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I gotta leaves ya for one moment Apple Bloom, but don't worry, we'll be back. I just gotta share mah new cider with the gang."[/colour]

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack shouted to all the kids in the area. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Ya'll drink plenty of the cider out here, now. I reserved that batch just for this occasion! Don't let it go to waste!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack saw Carrot with food. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Oh thanks, Carrot and Purple! You can put those on the table on the side here, right next to the apple chips and dip."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack could already tell the gray pony was flustered and worried. He wouldn't be the same pony if he wasn't sweating all the time. Such a silly stallion. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Wanna come back and taste mah cider?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack had reached the kitchen and unloaded the heavy barrel of experimental cider just inside the entrance. She propped it up on a table and fastened a spigot on the side of the barrel. She was ready to share the cider with any of her friends that followed her to the kitchen. Applejack introduced the drink as she began pouring the cider into mugs. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Now, ya'll, I want you to be completely honest. I want to make it perfect, so your feedback is important. This cider has a special ingredient added to it that is supposed to make it really improve mood and make it easier for you to just kick back and relax."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack leaned forward and lowered her voice. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"It's called fermentation."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack raised an eyebrow and smirk with confidence. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Ah learned about it when I went to the last fruit market party in Fillydelphia last month."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack passed around mugs of cider to whoever was there. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Go ahead and drink up. Tell me what ya think!"[/colour]

((OOC-

Cider at the party tables (for foals): if your character drinks it, it tastes like:

good spiced apple cider with a very strong kick; inebriation follows.

Cider in the kitchen (for big ponies): if your character drinks it, it takes like:

regular cider

And yes, these are correctly written.))

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

There weren't too many colts at her party, which wasn't much of a shock considering there seemed to only be a hooffull of the buggers in town. As Guiding light offered his present as the next one she should open, Apple Bloom couldn't help but wonder what it was a colt thought a filly wanted. If it was a dress, she'd buck him right out of the barn

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright! Ah'll get yers next, Guidin'!"[/colour] Apple Bloom bounced over an empty pie catch placed for sinister reasons, fishing out Guiding Light's gift. She was on the verge of opening it when Applejack informed them that their cider was ready and- well, promptly all the adults left the barn. Or most of them. Did Carrot count as an adult? Maybe. Maaaaybe. Either way, Apple Bloom's head slowly peeked out of the pile of gifts. When she was sure the adults had well and truly left, she perked up.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hay! I'm gonna go and get tha Cider Season mugs!"[/colour] Apple Bloom said before deftly using several nearby hay bales to jump onto the second story landing. Thanks to Haywire and her Haywirin', the second floor was mostly clear. That meant that she had no problem getting to the back and finding four large crates covered loosely, the smell of cleaning chemical thick on them. She knocked a cover off, revealing dozens of mugs that were used during Cider Season. In between, they were stored for safe keeping, washed and kept warm and dry. Apple Bloom took one in mouth and galloped towards the landing on the second floor.

[colour=#ff0000]"Catch!" [/colour]She said through the mug, tossing one towards Sweetie Belle. She made several trips, each time sending another mug to the foals below. She then leapt down the hay bales with a mug balanced on top of her head and pranced on over to the cider keg. It didn't take long for her to fill it up, the spicy aroma already thick. Mug in hoof, Apple Bloom returned to her gift.

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright! Time for more gifts!" [/colour]And with that, she tore into Guiding Light's present. It didn't take but a few seconds and with only one hoof the wrapping was on the floor. It was a sweet little necklace with the beads alternating the colors of apples. She quickly tossed it over her head and wormed it on, the pretty little necklace hanging loosely. She grabbed the letter in her free hoof.

[colour=#ff0000]"Awww! Thank ya, Guidin'! It's real pretty!"[/colour] Apple Bloom then hugged the colt, reading the letter out loud as she did so.

[colour=#ff0000]"Dear Apple Bloom,

Thank ya fo' being mah friend. Ya saw past mah shyness an' act'ally wanted ta get ta know me. Hopefully in tha futcha we can be better friends. In the meantime, Ah hope ya have a great birthday! Ya deserve to be happy.

Yer friend,

Guidin' Light"

"That's a super sweet letter, Guidin'!"[/colour]

She gave him an extra tight hug and then released him, placing the letter in her mane alongside the first. She than sat down for a second and in one huge, overwhelming chug, downed the full mug of cider. It dripped in tiny streams past her cheeks and onto the floor and caked her lips like she was a rabid dog.

A burp followed.

[colour=#ff0000]"Wow! That's mighty...spicy!" [/colour]She exclaimed. Luckily, she liked spicy things, though there was a certain aftertaste that was beggining to pale the experience. No matter, as Apple Bloom trotted towards the keg and poured herself another mug, then trotted back to the gift pile with the mug bouncing on her head.

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright! Which one do Ah do next?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie chuckled with Cheerliee as the school teacher described her love for cider. Just as the group of adult ponies reached the kitchen however, Ingrid caught out of the corner of her eye Apple Bloom balancing a mug on the top of her head. Hearing the birthday filly ask which present to open next, the unicorn remembered that she didn’t stick her birthday card with her present. She only bought it this morning back in Canterlot after wrapping Apple Bloom’s My Little Princess gift, and one glimpse at all the cute unicorns and magic spells drawn on card’s cover (titled “Happy Birthday, My Little Pony!” written in big and colorful letters) and the message written inside betrayed the fact that the card was not marketed for earth ponies:

“Hope your birthday is a MAGICAL one!”

Not as personal as a letter written by one’s self… but at least Ingrid signed “With Love: Auntie Marie” at the bottom and left ten bits. [colour=#008080]“I’ll be with you in a minute Cheerliee,”[/colour] the unicorn alerted; [colour=#008080]“I want to give Apple Bloom her birthday card first!”[/colour] Getting her card out of her saddlebag with levitation and trotting over to the young filly, Ingrid tried getting her Apple Bloom’s attention. [colour=#008080]“You want to open my letter and gift next, sweetie?”[/colour] Ingrid sweety asked, pointing towards her present.

[colour=#008080]~Let’s just hope she likes my present… I swear this is the last time I’ll wait til’ the last minute to buy birthday gifts~[/colour]

fber10.jpg

With disappointment Scootaloo watched as Rainbow Dash left her. The blue mare was off to try the SPECIAL cider, and Scootaloo wished she could have some too. This filly cider was just delicious! It was spicy, but not the kind of spicy that burned your tongue for as long as possible. It was sweet and piping hot, and with every sip Scootaloo seemed to smile a little wider.

She suddenly remembered why she was at this party in the first place- Apple Bloom! Scootaloo looked around frantically and eventually spotted her red-maned friend. She ran as quickly as she could over to her, feeling apologetic.

[colour=#cc0066]"Apple Bloom! Apple Bloom! Did you open my present?! Did you like it?!"[/colour]

A certain fuzziness crowded the edges of her awareness, but it wasn't enough to even begin to stop her from accepting Ingrid's invitation. She didn't have much to go on regarding the mare besides her formal attire and what she had caught in conversation. She seemed nice enough, but as was standard fare amongst little fillies, a new adult was going to be judged on the quality of her gift. Apple Bloom smiled and waved at the mare before starting to bounce towards the gift pile. She remembered the shape of the box. Ingrid pointing didn't hurt either. She grabbed the gift and downed the second cup- a certain numbing effect followed- and she burped as she reached Ingrid.

[colour=#ff0000]"Well thanksh! AH BET YA got meh a super gift," [/colour]She said, taking the letter in the same hoof as the mug. She then sat down hard- wooziness was settling in- and tore open the gift. She almost lacked the wherewithall when she reached the actual present to refrain from slashing open the box. Luckily the box was saved as she recognized it. Well, less recognized it than knew what it was based on Diamond Tiara's constant bragging about her own Princess doll. Apple Bloom held the present up and for a fraction of a moment her face was that of stone. Then she realized how awesome it was and leaped up into the air.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yaaaaay! Thankscha! Why, Ah might just be tha second filly in all Ponyville ta have one! Ahm'a name 'er...Princess...errr...Hoofen..ton...a," [/colour]Her brain wasn't exactly working at full capacity at this point as she wobbled and fell back on her flank. She shook her head clear, which oddly enough didn't clear much as she opened the letter. It took her another full second to catch up with the joke.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hahahaha, that's a funny one right thar! Well, they say us earth ponies are plenty magical, so Ah guess it still fits! Thanks for tha sweet card!" [/colour]Apple Bloom spoke far too loudly just before stuffing it in her mane. Then Scoots spoke almost as excitedly.

Apple Bloom turned to Scootaloo.Apple Bloom decided she really liked Scootaloo and laid a big 'ol hug on the pegasus filly when she drew close.

[colour=#ff0000]"Nah, but Ah'll open yers next!...Where's it?"[/colour]

SGGcP.png

The cream coloured filly eeped again and giggles lowly as Apple Bloom hugged her again. Her gift had been spot on, and though she really hadn't been sure about her hoofmade card, apparently she loved it! Young Nursery was beaming brightly, and as the Apple filly went on to the next gift, she helped herself to some cider from the party table that Applejack had so thoughtfully provided.

She'd been very thirsty, and the gulp of punch earlier hadn't really quenched that, so she took a few, big gulps from her cup. To her surprise, it didn't taste like the Cider she usually had, and she instantly felt a little dizzy. She almost stepped on her own hoof as she took a few steps back. Maybe she'd just drunk too fast. Yeah, that surely was it. Just a little light headed from drinking too fast.

She sat down on her rump right where she had stood, and looked around. Surely, it would go away any minute now.

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Yee haw! Jist look at that little filly go!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith neighed, watching Haywire working to clean up all the stray haybales all over the barn floor. [colour=#00FF00]"Strudel? Is y'all a seein' this? Strudel? STRUDEL!!"[/colour]

The elderly bearded stallion was still busy munching on one of the stray haybales when his gray maned sister grabbed a broom off the wall and smacked him with it.

[colour=#00FF00]"Stop feedin' yur face, brother! Lookie over yander at that hard workin' filly! Go on over thar and help her out!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I vas helping her, mein sister!" [/colour]Strudel neighed defensively. [colour=#006400]"I vas helping to get rid of all dis hay, but I can only eat so fast!"[/colour]

As the two elderly siblings argued, Haywire continued her work. She felt very bad about all the chaos she had caused and wanted Applebloom's party to be the very best. After clearing the floor as best she could, the rust colored filly galloped over to Applebloom.

[colour=#B22222]"I hope ya like the special gift I gotcha, made it myself!" [/colour]Haywire boasted. [colour=#B22222]"Kin I gitcha another piece o'cake er some cider?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

Despite signs of Apple Bloom acting a bit stranger than usual for a filly, Ingrid Marie didn’t notice any of these signs at all. No; the unicorn instead spent most of her mental energy fretting whether the birthday pony would like her gift or not. Ingrid didn’t want to leave Apple Bloom with a lasting impression that her “auntie” didn’t really care for her at all. As far as the unicorn was concerned, this was her big chance to make a first meaningful connection with one of her extended relatives.

Fortunately, Apple Bloom really loved the My Little Princess doll; apparently, she was only the second filly in Ponyville to own such a toy. In fact, the filly enjoyed her gift so much that she lost her sense of balance. Ingrid sighed in relief, glad to have dodged a crossbow bolt concerning the last-minute present. Apple Bloom also found Ingrid’s birthday card humorous, commenting that earth ponies had magic too. Ingrid had no objections to that claim; after all, it was the intuitive-gifts of earth ponies which allowed them to become one of the greatest masters of agriculture in the known world.

[colour=#008080]“Well, I’m glad you enjoyed your gift, sweetie!”[/colour] beamed an elated Ingrid Marie. [colour=#008080]“Have fun with your little friends now, Apple Bloom; Auntie Marie has to get back to the kitchen with the other big ponies.”[/colour] It was so that Ingrid made her back to where Applejack was serving the special cider, unknowingly abandoning Apple Bloom to her own inebriated devices. Spying Applejack with the cider mugs, Ingrid used a telekinetic spell to take one mug from the young mare and then sip from it.

[colour=#008080]~Hmmmm........ it's not amazing, but it's not bad either. Then again, I hardly drink cider all that much anyway, so I suppose it's alright?~[/colour]

Ingrid didn't quite know what to make of Applejack's cider; maybe she needed a second opinion? The unicorn took a larger second drink, but her indecisive opinion did not budge. One thing was for sure though, thought Ingrid; from her personal experience, this experimental cider seemed to lack the kick that most other fermented drinks contained. Not sure of how to review the drink however, the unicorn kept her mouth shut for the moment, waiting for somepony else to speak up first.

[colour=#FF6600] [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Now, ya'll, I want you to be completely honest. I want to make it perfect, so your feedback is important. This cider has a special ingredient added to it that is supposed to make it really improve mood and make it easier for you to just kick back and relax. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]It's called fermentation. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Ah learned about it when I went to the last fruit market party in Fillydelphia last month. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Go ahead and drink up. Tell me what ya think!"[/colour]

Rarity gave a quiet giggle at the words spoke by the mare. Fermentation? Perfect! A good strong drink was just what she needed to relieve her stress and allow her to enjoy the party again. She became increasingly excited at the idea as AJ poured the mugs. She was sure she was in for a rare treat.

[colour=#663399]"Thank you, dear. I'm sure a stiff glass of cider will be just what I need,"[/colour] Rarity said as she took her drink. She smiled and nodded at the others and then she took a small sip from the glass.

[colour=#663399]"Hmm..."[/colour] she started. it was awful mild for hard cider at a taste. Rarity smacked her lips together and frowned a little. Well, this was new territory for AJ. Maybe she didn't have the recipe quite right yet? It wasn't bad; it still tasted of the best apples in Equestria, after all. It just... was missing something. [colour=#663399]"It's good, but..."[/colour]

Rarity trailed off and took another, bigger sip. It tasted very familiar. The taste struck Rarity like something she had had many times before. Rarity, gave a nod. It tasted exactly like the usual sweet apple cider the farm had produced as long as Rarity could remember. It was a delightful taste, the sort all of Ponyville lined up for each cider season, but Rarity doubted it would do anything to assuage her cake related stress and tension. There were no two ways about it. It had no kick. It was ordinary sweet cider, nothing more, nothing less.

[colour=#663399]"Appplejack dear, I think there might have been some manner of mistake here," [/colour]Rarity said in a somewhat strained voice. [colour=#663399]"This is your normal cider; it's delightful, of course, but there is no fermentation here. The taste is exactly the same as it ever was."[/colour] She paused a moment and looked down. [colour=#663399]"Are you sure you opened the right barrel?"[/colour]

Haywire had one heck of an idea. She had lots of good ideas, like unleashing bales and attacking ponies with tacks. Apple Bloom nodded wildly at Haywire's suggestion.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah yeah yeah, that'sa great ahdea thar, Haywire. Ahnoth'r mug'of this dandy spiced cider and some cahk...and Ah like yer ideas, Haywire, like, lots of good ideas," [/colour]Apple Bloom blubbered, finishing off with a sweet tapping of the cheek. Her gaze then fell on what was going on with Carrot and Purple. Poor ponies too busy being busy.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah'll open mohr presents when..."[/colour] she shook her head and took a step back to rebalance herself, [colour=#ff0000]"we gotta help Puhple, 'cause...look at all 'em treats!"[/colour] Apple Bloom blurted before very slowly, carefully, and oddly trotting towards the treat pile up. She burped and then looked at Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

[colour=#ff0000]"Cutie Mark Cu..Cuhsahders treat savers...?" [/colour]An obnoxiously loud giggle before she tapped Carrot on the flank.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ahright, Ah guess yer...in need of oahr 'elp..."[/colour]

Cheerilee smiled at the increasingly excited foals as Abby’s present opening had begun, content on waiting her turn as she figured little Applebloom would no doubt get through them all soon enough. Besides, there was cider to be had, and Applejack promised that it would be a special blend for the adults, which suited Cheerilee just fine. She could really stand to relax a bit, and how better than with the most famous cider in Ponyville!

The mulberry colored mare eagerly took a mug, then sat down to relax between Ingrid and Rarity. At least that way, if she did get woozy, there were a couple unicorns right there to help her, and it never hurt to get more social time in. She took a sip, and it was delicious! She couldn't even taste the tang of the alcohol. Cheerilee took one long draw, drinking the mug empty of its contents, but if there was meant to be any kick it must have been a foal’s kick. [colour=#800080]"It tastes great as usual, Applejack! However, ummm..."[/colour] Cheerilee didn't like to criticize, always cautious as she was used to dealing with fragile self-esteem of young ponies. [colour=#800080]"It seems a little ... mild. Delicious! But ... "[/colour]

Figuring it would be good to change the subject, she turned back to Ingrid, speaking quickly to cover her awkwardness. [colour=#800080]"So, I never got to ask. Do you have a family back in Canterlot? Husband? Foals of your own?"[/colour]

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"All this here catterwallin's made me thirtsy!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith announced as she walked over to the table where the cider was, poured herself a cup and drank it down in one gulp. [colour=#00FF00]"Ain't got much kick to it, reckon we're servin' the lighter cider cause a all the youngin's here."[/colour]

Meanwhile, as Apple Strudel continued munching on the fallen haybales, Haywire couldn't help but notice AppleBloom's well than normal behavior.

[colour=#B22222]"Applebloom, you alright?" [/colour]the rust colored filly said, waving her hoof in front of her face and noticing little reaction. [colour=#B22222]"You don't look so good. Maybe ya orta open my gift later on. Don't think yer ready fer it right now."[/colour]

Eating all that hay made Apple Strudel very thirsty so the bearded stallion galloped over to the nearest cider barrel and served himself a mug to drink.

[colour=#006400]"Down dee hatch!" [/colour]he shouted as he drank it all in one gulp. As luck would have it, he chose the stronger cider. [colour=#006400]"VONDERBA! Now DIS is dee vay vee make cider back in Germaney! I vill have MORE!"[/colour]

The excited gray maned stallion drank mug after mug of this 'cider' under he began to wobble.

Guiding Light had seen some fillies act very silly. Sometimes they would travel like packs of wolves around town. Others talked about funny things like hooficures and spa treatments. Still others acted funny when a colt passed by. But these were noting compared to how Apple Bloom was acting.

The colt watched as the birthday pony went from being normal (well as normal as how Apple Bloom acted on a daily basis) to this pony that slurred her words and tottered back and forth like some chair with wobbly legs.

[colour=#DAA520]"Err.., Apple Bloom? Are you ok? You're not sick or anything, are you?"[/colour]

Apple Bloom's smile was lopsided and entirely too wide and her eyes were lucid, but she wasn't aware of life itself enough to note it. All she could think about was how happy she was and how awesome the whole world was. Apple Bloom bopped Haywire on the head and patted her on the head.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm jus' fahn, Haywah, jus' sup'r,"[/colour] Apple Bloom then ruffled her mane before she promptly put the mug in Guiding Light's hand. She was happy and she wanted everypony else to be happy and that spicy cider was the key that unlocked all happiness, apparently. At least it made things fuzzy and if kittens had taught her anything, it was that fuzzy cute stuff was fun. Fun was good and fun was something that should happen at her awesome birthday.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm fahn. Guidin'. Git yerself some of that thar cider, it'sa real treat, real' spicy. Here," [/colour]She then took the mug and forced it down his throat, [colour=#ff0000]"It's real good. Everypony, git yerself some of tha cider!"[/colour] Apple Bloom chortled with an insane amount of mirth. Then with just as much inebriated swagger, she approached Carrot Fields.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah wanna 'elp Puhrple," [/colour]Apple Bloom nearly tripped on herself and that pesky air, [colour=#ff0000]"Whatcha need?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

Reaching out for her levitating cider mug with her hoof, Ingrid Marie took yet another sip of her drink. Nope; it definitely lacked any kick whatsoever. Staring at her mug with great intensity, Cheerilee’s question startled her and broke her out of her trance.

[colour=#008080]“My uhhh, family?”[/colour] Now it was Ingrid’s turn to feel awkward. While finding a special somepony and raising a family had never been all that much of a priority for the unicorn, a tiny part of Ingrid felt that just perhaps it was a bit odd that she had yet to well… “settle down”; hence why she never liked it when ponies inquired on such matters. Ingrid’s prior attempts to find a partner were few, short-lived, and far between; as for foals of her own, she had never felt the compulsion to adopt. Aside from those itsy-bitsy voids however, Ingrid felt she was getting most of what she wanted out of life anyway. Not having an family by now might have been somewhat embarrassing at her middle-age... but it was not embarrassing enough that she'd devote actual time and energy to deal with it.

Recovering from Cheerilee’s curveball question, the self-conscious Ingrid turned towards the earth pony while avoiding eye contact and stammered; [colour=#008080]“Well uhhhh, I don’t really have a errr, family of my own. Just never really bothered errr, finding the time for that sort of thing....... mmkay.”[/colour] Turning her gaze back towards her mug, Ms. Marie gave into the temptation to chug the entire mug down. Gazing into her now-empty cider mug, the unicorn then simply asked; [colour=#008080]“And you, Cheerilee?”[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]Rainbow Dash[/colour]

Dash wandered on into the kitchen merrily, seeing all the adults all gathered round drinkin' cider.

This was kinda neat. Sometimes she wondered whether she'd really 'grown up' at all ... she'd never had that moment where everything suddenly made sense, like it seemed to have done for so many of her friends ... she still napped a lot, she still loved fun and games ... and sure, she worked hard, but her work was *fun*. It was a challenge! That wasn't really *work*, and the poor saps paid her for it! But here ... she remembered during parties when she was a foal, when all the parents would go into the kitchen and crack open a bottle of special juice, and stand around talking about parent-stuff. And here she was, doing the same! Sure, not a parent, but an adult, truly!

She glanced over at Rarity and *snorted*. [colour=#0000cd]"Wow, Rarity, what happened to you?"[/colour] she asked, as she poured a frothy mug of the apple cider, oblivious to the fact that she'd started Rarity's journey to mess herself. [colour=#0000cd]"You're all spiky-furred! It's actually kinda rad, sorta punkish, but I don't usually see you looking so cool!" [/colour] She giggled and used her hooves to pull Rarity's mane up into a mohawk, where the sugary remnants of frosting kept it sticking straight up. Rainbow's eyes widened and brightened. [colour=#0000cd]"Oh, that is *awesome*! You are *stylin'*! And you smell *delicious!*"[/colour] She gave a testing lil' lick at Rarity's cheek, smacked her lips. [colour=#0000cd]"Apple-y! Is this a new fashion?"[/colour]

She took a deep drink of the cider, then, and let out a long, satisfied exhalation. [colour=#0000cd]"Ahhhhhhh... No, this is awesome! It's absolutely *delicious!*"[/colour] She smacked her lips happily. She'd missed the subtleties of the conversation, but she did know that this cider was wonderful. [colour=#0000cd]"So,"[/colour] she said, leaning the elbow of her foreleg carrying the mug on Rarity's shoulder, [colour=#0000cd]"What sorta adult stuff should we talk about?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Sweetie Belle[/colour]

Sweetie took one of the mugs with both hooves, and looked around as all the other little foals took such deep drinks, and started acting like silly ponies. She, herself, had been well coached by Rarity, and thus she only took a smaller sip, as befit a polite young foal. She blink-blinked rapidly, and her lips twisted into a pucker. Ew! Ew! The apple cider had gone bad! But everyone else seemed to be liking it, and she didn't want to be *rude* ... [colour=#800080]"Um ... yes, it's ... quite a unique and ... potent flavor!"[/colour] she said, trying to be generous ... And everyone made faces at her cooking? Life was so unfair.

[colour=#FF8C00]Purple Haze[/colour]

Purple's nose twitched as the butterfly fluttered there, feeling a sneeze coming on ... but then her big brae came in and saved th' day! "Oh, *thank*ee!" she gasped, as he relieved her of the most difficult to balance of her load. [colour=#ff8c00]"Ye'd nae believe wha' happened!"[/colour] she said, as she totteringly followed after Carrot. [colour=#ff8c00]"Aye, thankee, Apple Bloom! Ye've a roit bit a timin' there! Whynae hie out tae th' wagon back there, ye'll find me wee carrot cupcakes, an' a barrel ah me special Hazy Brew!"[/colour]

Finally, she could look into the barn ... and saw the hay barrels everywhere, dust in the air, and ... HORRORS! Food splattered ALL OVER THE FLOOR?! Who ... how ... why ... who ... who could so mistreat *FOOD*?! She paused in the doorway, just ... staring in horror ...

[colour=#ff8c00]"But ... the food ..."[/colour] she whimpered ... eyes wide and watery from the injustice of it!
  • Like 3