Bon Bon's Bonbons: Open for Business(and Bonbons)! (Open, Ponyville)

SteelEagle

BonBonPostBannerwithtext.jpg

Bon Bon was the luckiest of mares, she thought to herself as the sun lazily pulled itself over the hills in the distance. Lazy, lazy sun- Bon Bon wasn't about to blame Celestia but ya'd think that she'd use the fine summer months to their full effect by blasting everypony with her sun for a few extra hours. It certainly would have made her mornings easier as she found herself having to rely upon everything up to and including the kitchen sink to get the energy to not go back to bed. It was a very tempting and warm thought and she had no doubt that Lyra would appreciate an extra hour or two or three or four or the whole morning to themselves. But alas, Bon Bon was a business mare of some caliber and reputation and she could ill afford to allow a day to pass by without trotting out her wares. Even if her bed was cozy, the sun wasn't fully up yet, the house was nice and cool, the tea was nice and refreshing, her bed was cozy, she didn't feel like leaving the house, her bed was cozy, Lyra was fun to hang out with on a lazy day, she felt lazy, and her bed was cozy.

But she was the luckiest of mares, for even in this somewhat unhappy state her task for the day was one she could pleasantly toss herself into once she managed to get out the door. Who didn't love treats? Well, Gilded didn't like treats but Gilded didn't like anything and that was why nopony liked him during his school colt days, but aside from him? Everypony loved treats! Bonbons were her specialty but she could give you anything you wanted as long as that everything you wanted involved sweets enrobed in chocolate. She frowned at the thought that her selection had grown a bit lazy lately but Sugarcube Corner had cornered the market on pretty much everything. She thought about expanding into ice cream but then you had to worry about keeping them iced and she didn't know if Lyra had enough magic in her to get the job done. Obviously she needed somepony else to love, somepony else with the proper magical abilities to further her inert business ambitions! Maybe Twilight could be the next one, since she could do anything. Would she be content with being the fridge mare? Probably not. Did the Apples even know about refrigeration? Did they even know about technology? She wouldn't bet on it. Maybe Rainbow Dash could snuggle up at night and whip up some snow? Nah, she could be a grump. No, Bon Bon thought to herself with a Cheshire grin, she would have to be satisfied with her relatively tame partner and her lack of business-helping magical attributes.

Bon Bon tied the apron around her and then trotted outside, long shadows tempting the sun as she yawned optimistically and gazed at her cart. Everything was still in order. It was a nice sized stand, large enough for a little workspace and a decent variety of chocolates. She slowly peeled the covers off of the merchandise and let the aroma of decently fresh chocolates to hit her like a brick.

"Aha, yeah, this is what it's all about," She said in a low pitched voice, imitating almost to a tee a rather burly stallion she had known as an older filly. He was a cute one but had a penchant for dresses that bordered on the creepy. He was a nice enough stallion but it was hard to really get the image of him in a dress out of her mind. Not because a stallion was in a dress, she wasn't close minded about that, but it was her dress that had went missing weeks earlier and it was on the night of the community's formal dance. Salt did crazy things, petty thievery included!

Bon Bon strapped herself into the front, the harness easing against her with unnerving dullness. She looked closely but could scarcely see through bloodshot eyes the lines on her neck that marked where the harness had delved into her over the years. Unflattering and unsurprising. She was about to come up with something witty when the sun finally breached the surroundings and shone directly into her face.

"Okay already, geez! Turn it down already," She said hypocritically, her eyes closing tight for a second as she turned away from the offensive light and pulled down her business sign.

Bon Bon's Bonbons and Chocolates- Open for Business! The sign read almost in an amateuristic fashion, the letters fading as time passed to hide their slightly different sizes. Life was imperfect and Bon Bon wasn't even perfect at life. She took a deep breath, unleashed another yawn, and started trotting towards the center of town.

It was time to get her sale on.

Cloudchaser gave a small yawn as she flew over Ponyville, another late night weather shift having been completed with the arrival of the new morning. She'd return home for some much needed sleep in time, but for now she would instead go into town. She liked to do a little Ponyville exploring in her early mornings. Sometimes it'd lead her to interesting stuff, like those two sales stallions in the funny hats who had sold her a case of really strange elixir that had done all kinds of weird stuff to her. She wasn't expecting to see them again, but maybe she'd catch one of the regular vendors as they opened up shop? It was worth trying at least, she figured.

As she swooped toward the center of town, the pegasus mare's eyes found a familiar cream colored earth mare. She was that pony who sold those delicious Bonbons. What was her name again? Oh, right, Bon Bon. It was funny how that kind of thing usually worked out. She wondered how it happened that pony's named Bon Bon ended up making bonbons and ponies with Apple names ended up doing apple-y stuff and ponies named Cloudchaser ended up chasing clouds. Wasn't that kind of weird in a way. It gave Cloudchaser pause as she thought about it. This wasn't necessarily a good thing, however, as Cloudchaser was not a particularly good pony at having "deep" thoughts while also flying. Only narrowly did she avoid crashing straight into the roof of a nearby shop.

Adjusting her course and shaking her head vigorously back to focus, she made her final descent and walked toward the mare. Bon Bon made good bonbons. Cloudchaser figured she could use something sweet and tasty to munch on, plus Flitter would probably be super stoked if she receive some sweets as a gift. Yeah, that could make it really worth it, she thought, nodding. She stepped toward the other mare with a vacant smile on her face.

"Hiya, Bon Bon!" the spiky-maned pegasus started cheerfully. "I think I wanna buy a big bunch of bonb--" Cloudchaser came to a stop as her tongue failed to keep up with the alliterative phrase leaving it. She shook her head and laughed. "Gah, that's a lot of Bs!"

Distracted from her point, Cloudchaser's mind returned to an earlier point. She laughed and rubbed the back of her head with a hoof. "Don't you think it's funny that your name is Bon Bon and you make bonbons? I mean, like how does that happen? Isn't it kind of weird?" the mare continued off on a tangent, looking upward slightly.

• Like 1

Pegasi were nuts.

They spent all day flying around the tameless, nearly boundless sky. They could go anywhere they wanted, from the great cloud cities of Las Pegasus and Cloudsdale to the deepest dungeon. Not even fancy schmanchy unicorns and their magical ways could do what the pegasi could. The sort of freedom they enjoyed was so grand that it was only natural most of them shunned it and instead seemed to live on the ground. Why, if Bon Bon could fly, she'd fly as high as possible and sleep on clouds perched over volcanoes. She saw no need to go anywhere near that thin layer of earth that the rest of the pony world crawled around on if she could go anywhere she wanted. But then again, that was probably why she was a silly Earth pony and not one of those awesome, cool Pegasi.

Of course, food didn't grow in the sky and the unicorns couldn't do it well on their own, so thank Celestia she was an Earth pony who wasn't some absurdly silly Pegasus who nearly flew into buildings. Bon Bon had to give a hearty chuckle as she saw her friend do her best normal pegasus impression. Cloudchaser was a unique pony with her head in the clouds, pun fully intended, and Bon Bon appreciated every little bit of her wholly spontaneous personality. It reminded her of little fillies and anyone who told you little fillies and little colts weren't the best part of life were insane. Clinically, even, barking mad if the tales were true. She wanted some herself if only so she could have that brief snapshot of time where they were vacantly innocent and adorably naive and spontaneous as Cloudchaser was. Then they'd turn into a bunch of mules and they day they left the house, she'd have a party to celebrate with all the hard cider and salt blocks a desperate mare could hope for. Still worth it, though.

Cloudchaser spoke and Bon Bon's smile was genuine and gleeful as she finished. Cloudchaser, what a doll!

"Yes, well, you know what they say. Simple advertisements are the key!" That was a lie, what they said was to give the customer a name they couldn't forget and Bon Bon's Bonbons did the trick. It was an earworm, it got the message across effectively, and the alliteration was attractive from a memory standpoint. Victory, Bon Bon's cold business logic!

As for her second point...

"Well, destiny and all that since our cutie marks are about what makes us special and our parents probably have some innate connection to it," She said off-hoofedly, trying to deflect the fact that she had no answer for a question so broad and quasi-philosophical that only a pony with the audacity of ignorance could ask it. Bless Cloudchaser. Bon Bon reached into her cart and start piling in the goodies that Cloudchaser normally got, a smattering of her chocolate treats with her special bonbons on top. She got a small bag full and placed them on top.

"Want your usual or do you have something new in mind?" She asked sweetly, almost as sweet as her treats, but that would have been quite the feat given that every treat was extra sweet!

• Like 1

"Yes, well, you know what they say. Simple advertisements are the key!"

Cloudchaser nodded. She liked simple things; they tended to not be complicated. Complicated things on the other hand usually made her head spin; usually she'd have to ask Flitter about them, and even then sometimes they didn't make a lot of sense. She supposed there wasn't much simpler than being able to buy bunches of bonbons from Bon Bon's bonbons--even if thinking that still did kinda made her head spin.

"Well, destiny and all that since our cutie marks are about what makes us special and our parents probably have some innate connection to it."

The light blue mare nodded along, even though she didn't entirely get it. What exactly was an "innate"? Was it a type of bonbon? She just shrugged and kept smiling.

"I see," she said with a few more nods. "Don't you think it would be funny if you're name was Bon Bon, but instead you sold lawn ornaments or novelty hats?" the pony continued off on a tangent. "I mean, nopony would be expecting it and stuff!"

"Want your usual or do you have something new in mind?"

This brought the mare back to attention. That's right. She was here to buy bonbons from Bon Bon. She nodded and then tilted her head to the side as she thought for a moment.

"Well, I was looking to get something for myself and also maybe something special for Flitter," she said, coming to a small pause. "You got anything special today, Bon Bon?"

Cloudchaser continued to speak and Bon Bon feel increasingly in love with her sillyness and ability to ask the most inane questions. She was definitely an airhead- the pun almost hurt- but with her head in the clouds- ooh, that one stung- Bon Bon had to reckon that it wouldn't be long before she chased it- okay, that was bad- to get it back on straight. And Celestia above, that would be a tragedy. No, Bon Bon had to enjoy Cloudchaser while she lasted.

"Well, yes, that would be a real hoot I bet! I wonder what it'd sound like, though..." She trailed off for a moment before she pepped back up and immediately set her jaw, "Uh-hmmm, welcome ta Bon Bon's Lawn Ornament and Novelty Hat Emporium, half off of awl lawn ornaments," She said, her voice scarily accurate to that of a stout and gruff stallion. She looked around her cart for a special bag and after a few moments found something, placing a small yet well-tied together bag with a pretty bow on it.

"Uhh-hmm, special for the day is jus' one bag o' fine bonbons for ta' bits. Added wit' yer bag right thar and we dun make a deal for seven bits, eeyup," She continued on in her fake gruff stallion voice before ending on an imitation of Big Mac, giggling and snorting as it ended. She loved doing all sorts of voices, especially for ponies like Cloudchaser who wouldn't look at her too weird.

Rose was wandering around and decided to buy for herself some of sweet chocolates. Lately she was a lot of busy with her roses as their did grow a lot and she still had to sell some of them to get money for herself to live When she saw Bon Bon shop, she was in real joy, she saw sometimes Bon Bon in city and thought that she is cool pony so it would be nice to meet with her and actually talk. She had some of the roses in her bag, so maybe she could even sell them to her or some of her customer if Bon Bon would be ok with that. She approached Bon Bon and Cloudchaser.

"Hi there!" She smiled while saying so, she always was happy pony and she liked to talk with other ponies.

"I saw the sign and I decided to drop by, I hope it isn't really a problem? My name is Roseluck and it is nice to meet You." She said that very calm but still was a bit smiling.

Razor stretched his wings, flying in early to finish a delivery for the Ponyville Mail Office. Now he had time for himself till he could find some more delivery work.

"So....what to do? I could get started on my training schedule.." As he walked he spotted a sign.

'Hmmm....bonbons, those are good.' He thought, 'I shouldn't eat too many sweets...but a few couldn't hurt. Besides I deserve a little indulging for my hard work.'

"Right. Bonbons it is." He said to himself and walked over.

"Well, yes, that would be a real hoot I bet! I wonder what it'd sound like, though... Uh-hmmm, welcome ta Bon Bon's Lawn Ornament and Novelty Hat Emporium, half off of awl lawn ornaments,"

Cloudchaser stared ahead blankly. She hadn't ever really noticed much before, but wow, her voice really changed a lot. She wondered why that was? It was pretty extreme. She remembered hearing a story from one of the other weather ponies that they had heard from Rainbow Dash about Fluttershy and her getting a deep stallion voice one time for some reason. Maybe this was like that? Or maybe she had bought some of that funny elixir off those salesponies? Then again, maybe she was just doing it herself.

"Uhh-hmm, special for the day is jus' one bag o' fine bonbons for ta' bits. Added wit' yer bag right thar and we dun make a deal for seven bits, eeyup,"

She continued on in the deep voice, causing Cloudchaser to tilt her head and stare. "Whoa, dude, what happened with your voice?" she asked blankly. "it's like all deep and stuff. How do you do that?"

"It's not because of the bonbons is it?" she asked as she reached to grab for her bit purse and began to count out the bits. "Because I kinda like my voice already..."

Shortly after that, some other customers approached. The first, an earth pony, introduced herself as Roseluck. Cloudchaser smiled. "Nice to meetcha!" she said back to the mare with a grin. "I'm Cloudchaser!" she declared. Noticing the griffon who had lined up behind her, she then waved her hoof.

Bon Bon was still enjoying Cloudchaser's presence but as other customers started to crowd around, her willingness to spend time fooling around with her dwindled. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy that Cloudchaser's vacant space in between the ears expressed itself so earnestly, but waiting around was a recipe for losing customers and one didn't become a successful businessmare by losing customers. It might have served her right, however, as she did overcharge a full bit for the delicious treats she was serving but if Cloudchaser wasn't going to argue the price she wasn't going to point it out to her. She needed the bit even more than Cloudchaser and judging by her earlier flight pattern, Bon Bon was sure Cloudchaser needed all the bits she could get. Hospitals were expensive, but so was living and Bon Bon valued living.

She chuckled, rolling her eyes and giving a disappointed smile.

"Oh, Cloudchaser, my bonbons don't make you change voices. I just have a natural affinity for picking up on accents and voices. Something you pick up in Canterlot, probably, and I enjoy doing it because it's so much fun!" She said as her voice leveled out again, regaining itself in the absence of some silly voice.

"Anyhoof, that'll be seven bits," She said as her eyes caught Rose and a griffon approaching.

Judging by Roseluck's greeting, she didn't know Bon Bon very well. That was a shame as Bon Bon knew Rose well, or at least thought she did. She had a funny way of speaking and seemed a little too attached to some of her flowers- hence the name, she supposed- but Bonnie wasn't about to let that bring her opinion down. Celestia knows Bon Bon watered a patch of flowers near the bridge during her sales route, and she didn't even know who they belonged to! Obsessing over your own flowers was understandable in relation.

"I know who you are, Roseluck! We've met before. Often, in fact," Bon Bon said cheerily, hiding with great success the fact she was a little disappointed that apparently she had the mental imprint of a horse fly. Probably less, as horse flies were extremely annoying and freakin' huge! They always buzzed around your flank and you had to whip your tail around to get them to leave you alone, only for them to leap in and out of your nostrils for a few minutes and ruining your buzz in the processes. Buzzing buzzards ruined your buzz. Alliteration!

The griffon walked over. Walked, not flew, and walking never looked right on a griffon. Not only did they have majestic wings, but they had talons that looked goofy when they walked on them. Why anygriffon wouldn't just fly and hover around was a matter of debate, and a dumb one at that, because there was no smart answer that pointed to them walking. Still though, a customer was a customer and she sold bonbons to anypony- or anygriffon- with the bits regardless of whether or not they made sense. Heck, if she sold bonbons to Cloudchaser then she'd sell bonbons to anypony and/or anygriffon!

"And well well well, look at this giant walking muscle of a griffon. How're ya doing today, sir?" She asked, her voice unknowingly taking more of a gentle feminine tilt as she deployed subconsciously all the tricks of the trade.

Razor stopped moving and blinked. 'Muscle?' He felt a bit embaressed, especialy by the feminine tone of the pony.

"Um...thanks. Um, names Razor, the greatest flier of the world, and was just wanting to buy a bonbon or two."

"Oh, Cloudchaser, my bonbons don't make you change voices. I just have a natural affinity for picking up on accents and voices. Something you pick up in Canterlot, probably, and I enjoy doing it because it's so much fun! Anyhoof, that'll be seven bits,"

Cloudchaser nodded. That was good. She didn't want to buy bonbons that would make her and Flitter talk all funny, even if they surely did taste good. She smiled at the mare and counted out her bits. She made double sure not to give her too many like she sometimes did when she wasn't paying attention. Seven bits, no more or less.

"But I went to Canterlot once, and I never learned how to do that stuff to my voice!" she declared, still kind of confused. "Though then again, when I went I did kinda just lie unconscious in a giant puddle for several hours then go to a bar and eat pie with Rainbow Dash..."

"Anyway, here ya go," she said hoofing off the bits and taking her two bags of bonbons. She opened one bag and tossed a bonbon into her mouth and chewed it hungrily. "Oh, wow. I forgot how totally awesome these were!" she declared, her mouth still partially full of bonbon. "Thanks a lot!"

With that, she stepped back so that Bon Bon might engage with her other customers.

Bon Bin was happy to serve her customers in Ponyville despite all the sorts of silly behaviors they clinged to. Cloudchaser proved this beyond any doubt, because she was the definition of silly as she could hardly seem to keep up with Bon Bon. And Bon Bon wasn't necessarily a mare of the most straight-laced disposition either, so coming from her that was a...compliment. Despite of all this, Bon Bon was happy to have started her day with Cloudchaser. It could only get better, it allowed her to ease into her day, and her bits were as good as anypony else's. Seven bits was an awesome way to start the day and as Bon Bon double checked what she had been given, she felt like all was just swell with the world.

"See ya later, Cloudchaser! Enjoy your bonbons!" Bon Bon bleated belatedly as Cloudchaser cantered carelessly away. She could now face the griffon, who in all of his majestic size had been unable to handle all of Bon Bon's awesomeness when her voice had changed. It was just one of those things that happened almost outside of of her control. The fact it had set the griffon in front her at some obvious unease was more funny than anything. Good to hear that he had a healthy ego though. Greatest flier in all the world? Heh, she knew of at least one pegasus who would argue that title endlessly.

"Oooh, confident too! I know a pegasus or seven who'd argue that," Her voice naturally reformed into that feminine lilt that defined her earlier before she gave a laugh, "And at least one griffon, though I can already tell you're miles more approachable than she is. And your wings are absolutely incredible! I must say, they seem larger than your average griffon's. I bet they're stronger as well," She flattered him, though the size was noticeably larger. At least to Bon Bon who had almost no dealings with his kind. Maybe they were small for other griffons.

"So, a single bonbon? That'll be a quarter of a bit. OR you can buy six for a bit, a small bag for five, or a large bag for eight!" She said enthusiastically, her voice remaining quite heavily feminine but losing some of the lilt as she continued.

LyraBanner.png

A nearby bush rustled as a shape darted out of it. A blur of aquamarine and blue-white that then jumped behind a trash can. Then dashing out again to hide behind a cart being pulled by a hulking stallion. The cart moved on, with the tip tap of hooves lightly touching the ground following behind it.

Finally, the mysterious being found itself behind Bon Bon's stall, scanning the contents with an appraising eye.

Slowly, carefully, it opened the cover of the nearest box, with a flash of golden magic. Yes, this was it! The perfect crime! A single chocolate (dark, cream-filled) levitated it's way out of the box...

"Ah-ah-ah-AAAAHH-CHOO!"

And if Lyra hadn't sneezed she would have gotten away with it. The sweet dropped back into the box unceremoniously.

"Oh, uh, hey Bonnie! How's it going?"

Razor blushed a bit. He wasn't exaclty use to compliments.

"Um uh uh...well...I'm a bit smaller then most griffons," Razor said, but then straightened with his chest puffed out, "but that doesn't stop me from being the best."

As he spoke he got out his sack of bits and gave the required amount for the bon bon, "Thanks. and who are these pegasi anyway? I'll prove them I'm the fastest."

Hearing the sneeze Razor turned towards the source of the sound.

Bon Bon smiled as she took the quarter bit and hoofed over a single Bon Bon. Seemed a waste of time really but she supposed that griffons were mysterious enough creatures without her questioning their chocolate purchasing habits. Did they have habits in that regard? Maybe one day she'd as Twilight to start questioning it.

"Thank you, sir! As for the pegasi, well, I'd contact the Wonderbolts, or Rainbow Dash, or a few dozen others in Cloudsdale for a start. But I'm sure a Griffon of your sleekness would do just fine. Have a great da-" She began before events from her peripheral divided her attention.

There were a great many things that Bon Bon had come to expect in her years as a salesmare of the most delectable of chocolate engossed treats this side of Ponyville. The other side was Sugarcube Corner and she had truthfully little patience to discuss that den of evil, especially during working hours. Personal time she could discuss the evils of their delicious bakery often while consuming said evil, but nopony could be perfect, not even Bon Bon. Regardless, she had come to know many things and one of those things was this particular tingling feeling that danced on her spinal column whenever thievery was about to take place, and a wholly different sensation when that thievery happened to involve someone close to her. Sometimes that meant close to the heart and other times that meant close to the cart, and this time it meant both. Lyra's sneeze stole Bon Bon's attention away from her customer and sent her taking a surprised step back.

"Lyra!" Her voice returned to normal- at least in flavor, as it filled with shock and some amusement. She shook her head clear and allowed the jingle jangles of shock to wear off, a sly grin parked on her voice as she considered her marefriend's scrambling for normalcy.

"Well, I guess that's one way to make your presence known. Though I gotta say that my cart just sits outside all night, so you've got free reign then to steal from your supposed love," One of her eyebrows shot up, though the grin stayed in place, "I'm not going to find myself critically short on product today, am I?"

She turned back to the griffon, who was still standing there.

"This is Lyra, my fillyfriend and potential bonbon thief, I suppose."

Razor took the Bon Bon and ate it in one bite. The smooth creamy chocolate assaulting his tastebuds with deliciousness.

Swallowing he then said, "Thanks. For the info and the bon bon."

Razor stepped out of the way for other customers to get ahead in line. He looked at the pony Lyra.

"Hello." He said extending a claw out.

LyraBanner.png

[colour=#0000cd]"Lyra!"[/colour]

Ooh, busted! At least the unicorn had the sense to look a little embarassed.

[colour=#0000cd]"Well, I guess that's one way to make your presence known. Though I gotta say that my cart just sits outside all night, so you've got free reign then to steal from your supposed love, [/colour][colour=#0000cd]I'm not going to find myself critically short on product today, am I?"[/colour]

Lyra just giggled and winked at Bon Bon. [colour=#00cc99]"Aw, I'm not out to actually steal your stuff Bonnie! I just wanted to see if could get away with taking one and putting it back later. You seem to always know when somepony is after your sweets, it's uncanny!"[/colour] Lyra walked over to Bon Bon and gave the mare a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, just to make sure there were no hard feelings. [colour=#00cc99]"Anyway, I woke up earlier than usual today, and since my singing class is on hiatus while Dulcet Tones has laryngitis, I figured I'd come spend some time with you."[/colour]

After Bon Bon introduced her to the griffon, Lyra held out her hoof and shook his hand. Claw? Talon? Whatever it was, she shook it heartilly. She briefly wondered what it would be like to have fingers and claws on the ends of her hooves. Would probably look rather silly. Though maybe if she had a beak to go with it...

[colour=#00cc99]"Nice to meet you! I don't think I've ever met a griffon before! Are you here to buy Bon Bon's bonbons? Hee hee hee! Oh, I always laugh when I say that! It's so much fun! Bon Bon's bonny bonbonbons!"[/colour] she said, giggling like a school filly.

Bon Bon wasn't sure she entirely bough Lyra's story, seeing as it seemed awfully silly. Then she remembered they were a pair of terribly silly fillies and didn't think much of it, though she subconsciously closed the tray with a trite more force than needed. Just to be certain. Because magic. Lyra launched a warm hug and Bon Bon felt any vague suspicion vanish underneath the tender hug and delicious kiss. Yep, Lyra was a silly filly who was probably trying to take a bonbon from Bon Bon, but she was her silly filly. Bon Bon returned the hug, placing a half-hug around the neck as she kissed Lyra right below the ear.

[colour=#0000cd]"Well, their loss is my gain for sure. I'd be happy to have you tag along, though-"[/colour] Bon Bon dared a glance back just to make sure the bonbons were currently unmolested by magic, [colour=#0000cd]"I'm keeping my eyes on you. Well, I suppose that isn't any different from usual," [/colour]She left off with a sly smile as she chuckled, almost pulling Lyra next to her as she refocused on the griffon. Poor fellow must have been confused, as his expression played clear. Of course, he could be confused because he couldn't quite figure them out, or because Lyra had a fit of the giggling hysterics when she was around Bon Bon. It wasn't often that Bon Bon was the most collected of ponies, but around Lyra, she held that position. Especially when it was early in the day and Lyra had a whole carriage full of excited energy pent up and ready to explode. Almost like a schoolfilly, and though it could sometimes tire even Bon Bon out, it was so utterly charming. But the possibility that it was Lyra who confused him vanished when he asked what they were in relation to one another.

Did the poor fellow not hear her when she told him earlier? Maybe Griffons were hard of hearing. Maybe the beak was responsible!

[colour=#0000cd]"Aww, the poor guy must be deaf...or something similar. I already told him we were fillyfriends,"[/colour] Her voice and tone grew sympathetic as she gazed at the griffon for a full second before trotting to his side, putting her snout next to his hear, and repeating it.

[colour=#0000cd]"LYRA IS MY FILLYFRIEND!"[/colour] She blasted at full volume directly into his ear, hoping that if he did have any hearing, there would be no mistaking what was said.

Razor screeched. Or maybe roared. Or perhaps a combination of the two. All that mattered was that it was loud and beastly.

"AGGGGGG!!!" He screamed and jumped back from Bon Bon, wings spread as he glared at her.

"Don't do that! I hear ya!" He snarled, he felt like he was being mocked and felt insulted being called deaf.

Razor breathed heavily as he tried to avoid grabbing and dropping the pony from the air. He rubbed his head, where his ears were.

"Geez, so I forgot! That doesn't gve you the right to yell in my ears! Honestly do all ponies do that or is it just you and to a customer? Some salespony you are."

• 2 weeks later...

LyraBanner.png

Lyra winced as Bon Bon hit the poor griffon with the full power of her voice. Bon Bon's constant voice work practice meant that she had a powerful pair of lungs. Still, it was weird that he called them sisters after they mentioned they were fillyfriends. Unless maybe griffons dated their sisters? That seemed weird but maybe that was normal for griffons. Maybe she could ask after he was done roaring. Wait, no, he just forgot. Maybe he's an older griffon? Poor memory comes with age.

[colour=#00cc99]"Bon Bon, you shouldn't yell like that. Mr. Griffon didn't mean to forget."[/colour] she leaned over to whisper into her fillyfriend's ear. [colour=#00CC99]"He may not be deaf but if his memory is that bad he might be an old stallion griffon... or whatever male griffons are called."[/colour] she added, unsure of whether stallion was even the right word.

She patted the poor griffon on the shoulder. [colour=#00cc99]"I'm sorry about this Mr.... I didn't catch your name, sorry."[/colour]

Lyra was probably right. Everything had to balance out, after all. Pegasi could fly but they sure weren't the sharpest tools in the shed and were prone to all sorts of competitive misadventures. Unicorns could cast all sorts of zany magic, yet she'd be surprised to see a group of them accomplish something as simple as fixing a broken board on a carriage. Earth ponies tended to be more fit and had a special connection to the earth, but, well, she knew she wished she could cast magic or fly around like a doofus all day. Zebras had to contend with being zebras. Griffons? Well, they seemed to be mighty fit, yet if this Razor fella here was any indication, they shared the same flaw as their winged brethren.

Bon Bon leaned over to Lyra.

[colour=#0000cd]"Yeah, I guess we gotta treat him like we'd treat Mr. Waddle or one of the senior citizens, right?"[/colour] She offered up with a sympathetic tone before turning back to the angered Griffon, who was doing his best Grumpy McGrumpypants impersonation. The only difference was McGrumpypants often had a cane.

[colour=#0000cd]"Oooookay 'Razor', it's all going to be okay. Your headache will go away soon. If not, the HOSPITAL- that's the big building with the red cross and everything, can't miss it- can help you," [/colour]She patted Razor on the head and then got behind the cart. Seeing as Rose was just sorta standing there, this location was played out. Time to move. The cart started moving forward at a quick clip, heading down the street towards market.

[colour=#0000cd]"Alright, Lyra. Time to head to market!"[/colour] She exclaimed excitedly, though whether that was because she was with Lyra, the fact that business was going to be good, or the fact she could get her dinner ingredients together during lunch was up for debate.

Well, that was a lie. It was because she could shop at lunch.

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]~Urrrrgh, where in Celestia’s mane is that blasted shop!?~[/colour]

Wandering though the center of Ponyville, Ingrid Marie darted her eyes here and there in the hope of finding her destination. The last time she was in town to teach magic at the nearby orphanage, a friend told Ingrid that she absolutely must sample the confectionaries baked at Sugarcube Corner. The unicorn really liked the suggestion, as her previous opportunity at her distant niece’s birthday party to munch on desserts unceremoniously ended before it even begun. Unfortunately, Ingrid lacked the foresight to ask for directions beforehoof, and now she stumbled about town lost just like a parody of the city ponies frequently found in theatrical comedies. Time was of the essence, as Ingrid needed to be at the orphanage in about half an hour.

Giving into her frustration, Ms. Marie picked a random pony in her immediate vicinity to ask directions to. Spying a pale yellow-coated mare operating a booth, Ingrid, not bothering to either read the stall’s sign or see what the earth pony was selling, asked; [colour=#008080]“Uhhh, excuse me miss, but where can I find Sugercube Corner?”[/colour]