[Ponyville] Later This Week

Skye

((Sorry for keeping everypony waiting. I've been distracted lately from ponies by... ponies. Darn you, Second Life. :unsure: ))

Snips bounced out of the classroom when Cheerilee once again asked the students to go outside. His first thought was to find Grim's cousin. Somehow he'd figure out how to do that cool glowing thing... But he found himself totally distracted by Purple Haze's cart. "Oh! Pizza!" he shouted as he ran over. He quickly grabbed a plate and piled far too much pizza on it, then added a burrito for good measure.

The short unicorn found a seat near where Miss Cherilee was setting up and started stuffing his face. In a shorter time than should have been possible, the plate was empty. For a brief moment, Snips was actually still, sitting back after finishing his meal. "That was great stuff. thanks Purple Haze," he said to the green pony.

The moment wouldn't last. The unicorn's brain changed directions again, and Snips bounced back to his feet. He was nearly jumping up and down in place. "Oh oh! Who gets to go next, Miss Cheerilee?" he asked the teacher excitedly.

Cheerilee puttered around the class as they all recieved their treats. "These are very good, Purple Haze! Ooh, did you use ginger in this? I can almost taste it! Oh! And carrot fries, I love those!" she praised Haze as she made sure everypony got something. She loved all her little ponies in all states, and they all seemed so bright and cheery, especially when they were outside playing. Ah, if only every day could be like this! But sooner or later, they'd all have to be back inside for their more boring lessons. After all, it was the only way to be proper well-rounded ponies. She decided she'd wait a little bit and let them enjoy their choices and meanwhile, she'd look about to see who was grouping up with whom. Getting to know her little ponies and who they were friends with often helped her understand them as individuals too.

The teacher glanced up and smiled, seeing Champ and Sweetie Belle. Now there was an unlikely pairing. Champ deserved good company, and if there was a pony who seemed to always draw out the best in a pony, it was Sweetie Belle. Maybe she'd have the effect on him that they were looking for. Turning back to the rest of her class, she looked about to notice Sunrise Beach playing with her ball. That reminded her! Cheerilee took her own plate of carrot fries with some carrot potato casserole and set it on her back, balancing them carefully as she began to make her way over to a nearby bench. Maybe it wasn't lunch time, but who cared? These smelled delicious. "Careful there, Sunrise! Watch out there behind you, Grim!" as she mistook Diamond Tiara's approach for nearly bumping into him in her enthusiasm of her dish. "Oh! Willow!" she called out to Grim's cousin. "Could I have a word with you in a minute, when you've got a chance?"

While she waited for Willow, she turned to look again towards Champ. Her smile grew softer. Not only did he seem to have made a new friend in Sweetie Belle, but now Sunrise Beach was taking an interest in him. The girls were about as different as different could be, she felt, but maybe they'd be a good influence. They'd never be a replacement for the friends he'd left behind, but the best way to move on was to make new friends. She'd also see again, gently, about setting up a Pen Pal program. Perhaps a little less directly, she could encourage Champ to try it out too. Old friends meeting new friends, someday, who knew?

She didn't notice Snips taking a seat nearby, and nearly jumped as the little colt spoke to her. "Oh! I was just thinking that over. Would you like to go next, Snips? After your little presentation at the Talent Show, I can't wait to see what you and your friend Snails will do next!" Cheerilee also looked about to see whom else might be ready for their presentation as well. Starlight...well, he was still busy munching on his meal, or at least that which he wasn't wearing! Maybe Sunny would do hers next. And she seemed to be getting along so well with Purple Haze too, watching the ball-bouncing back and forth. Now there was another talent! Two young fillies who might be good for the hoofball team. Or at maybe Valleyball. She'd have to see about getting the net set up for Recess, perhaps.

Diamond Tiara, maybe...well, she was talking to Grim. About what, Cheerilee could only guess. Grim didn't seem the type of pony that Diamond Tiara or her friend Silver Spoon went for...she'd have to keep an eye on that. After poor AppleBloom (though that had been a mixed blessing, she'd found her Cutie Mark Crusader friends!), she didn't think Grim needed to be bullied. But she'd just see where that went. Maybe they'd turn out to be good friends and she was always encouraging that!

• 3 weeks later...

Silver Spoon

Silver Spoon trotted up to the school building, looking around. She knew it was already well past when class started, but she had slept late and had refused to run. What is she got all muddy or dirty? Ew.

Once the silver coated filly realized everyone was outside, she automatically looked around for her best friend, Diamond Tiara. "There she is!" She murmured to herself, spotting the pink earth pony sitting and talking to a dark blue colt. He looked like a bit of a... Dork, but she decided to wait and see. Diamond was talking to him after all. There had to be something she saw in him. Unless she was teasing him. But right in front of Miss Cheerilee like that? Probably not.

She then walked over to her friend, smiling. "Hi Diamond!" She called, "What's going on?"

"Hi Diamond! What's going on?"

Diamond's head whirled around at the sound of her BFF arriving. "Oh Silver, there you are! I thought maybe your mom had, like, pulled you out of school for another trip or whatever. C'mon over here!"

She waved her friend over to Purple Haze's carrot cart. "You're just in time for the food!" She leaned in a little closer to Silver Spoon and wrapped a foreleg over her shoulder as she whispered into her ear. "No picking on the buck-toothed farm filly 'til after we get dessert. Also this nerd with the saddlebags" she indicated Grim with a surreptitious glance "Total dork, but I think I can use him to get back at Sweetie Belle." she continued with a slightly magic grin on her face.

She turned back to Grim and Haze, her previous sweet smile sliding back into place.

(ooc: I know Wisp isn't around much these days, so I think it might be best to just continue as though Grim wasn't here from this point, and we can pick up this plot point when Wisp is better)

Noticing the other ponies were still enjoying their food from Purple Haze's cart, Sunrise figure she’d volunteer to go next for the Show & Tell session. She winked at her little neighbor and friend, Starlight, and cheerfully said, "Like, check it out! I'll go next, and it'll be totally tubular!"

Sunrise scampered over to lay out some boards against the wall of the school building, and then pushed a board up a tree with her nose till it was as high in the branches as she could get it. She looked around a bit, and in a third direction, she jammed a board into the soft earth until a third of it was buried. Then she went to the middle of the other foals and stood between her two balls.

She put her hoof on one of the balls, and pressed it down towards the ground, then lifted it up, and then 'punched' it against the ground. The ball bounced up into the air, then again, the unicorn filly helping it bounce higher each time. Then she pulled back her hoof and kicked the other ball forward, so it bounced off the board stuck into the ground. The two balls came down, and Sunrise caught them both, one on her rear hoof, bouncing it easily in the air, the other on her nose, which she bounced once, twice, then balanced it there steadily, her head waving slightly left and right.

After holding the ball for several long seconds while bouncing the other ball on her hind foot, she started bouncing it on her nose, too, her eyes very intent on the trick. She'd practiced this for *ages*, and she still sometimes screwed it up - NO! Don't think of that! Just do it! She bounced it a couple more times, still keeping the ball going on her hind hoof yet, then pulled her head back and head-butted it, just behind her horn, so it flew through the air towards the board in the tree. It hit the board, knocking it free of the branch, and arced through the air back to her.

Sunrise grinned proudly as she caught it on her rump, bouncing it in the air, and popped the ball on her rear hoof up into the air to catch on her nose again. She bobbed lightly, keeping the balls moving, as she turned just a bit. Her head twisted, slightly, to peek out of the corner of her eye.... she tossed both balls into the air, so they fell behind her, and *one!* *two!* She gave each one a solid kick, so that they flew swiftly towards the schoolhouse to knock down the boards propped up against the wall. The balls flew off in two different directions, instead of coming back to her, but she acted like that was the end of the demonstration, giving a low bow to the class.

"Oh! I was just thinking that over. Would you like to go next, Snips? After your little presentation at the Talent Show, I can't wait to see what you and your friend Snails will do next!"

"Oh oh oh! Thanks Miss Cheerilee!" Snips cried out at being told he was next. He immediately started rummaging around in his saddlebags looking for his presentation. He emerged finally wearing a slightly rumpled-looking top hat on his head, and his "Best Magic Act" medal around his neck. As he started to get set up, though, he saw Sunrise setting up something with some wooden boards. He was going to complain that is was his turn, but soon got caught up in the filly's demonstration. He was impressed at the way she kept the balls flying and bouncing without using any magic, and found himself clapping at the end.

Snips quickly finished setting up his trick. He had a small folding table with a white tablecloth. On top of the table was an upside down drinking glass and a handkerchief. Seizing the the opportunity, Snips shouted out "Fillies and Gentlecolts!

As his classmates turned toward him, Snips continued. "I, The, uh, Amazing Snips, will now demonstrate one of the magical feats from my Award Winning Magic Act!" He produced a bit coin and showed it to his audience. "Using only this drinking glass, I will make this coin disappear!"

Snips placed the coin on the tabletop. He picked up the handkerchief next, and draped it over the clear glass. He then carefully lifted the covered glass and placed it over the coin. "And now with the magic words, Haybra Cadabra!" He whisked the handkerchief off the glass, and sure enough, the coin had vanished!

"And now!" Ships announced, "I will bring the coin back!" He placed the handkerchief back over the glass then lifted it, revealing the coin back where it had been. Snips put the glass back down on the table, and swept his hooves across in a dramatic gesture. "Ta da!" he shouted. Unfortunately, his dramatic gesture knocked over the glass, clearly showing the piece of white paper taped across the bottom of the glass. Snips shrank back from the table, and gave a final, embarrassed "Ta-da....."

Diamond stared in awe as Sunrise performed her routine. Though she had visibly winced at the word "tubular" (seriously, who, like, talks like that?) she found the pony's ball skills to be amazing, especially for a unicorn. When the act was done, Diamond clapped her hooves on the ground in appreciation.

"Wow, that was, like, totally awesome!" she exclaimed.

When Snips went to take his turn Diamond scoffed. "Oh this should be good." she said to Silver Spoon. "I can't wait to see how he's gonna mess this up!"

Sure enough, Snips screwed up his act, though he had nearly gotten away with it. Diamond giggled loudly at his failure. She leaned over to Silver Spoon once again. "I've seens rocks with more magic and more brains. Better looking too." She giggled again.

Purple-Haze-Banner.png

Purple Haze grinned bigger and bigger as Miss Cheerilee and the other foals came up to her tiny little cart one at a time to sample some of her food. Her big brother had made this cart for her, just like his big one, except sized just right for her, so that she could help him when he was at market - and now, here she was, all by herself, serving up delicious carrot dishes as nice as you please! And everyone was so happy with it!

Her grin was so wide it made her cheeks hurt, but she couldn't stop. She happily served up some carrot cake to Diamond Tiara, who seemed so *nice* as she smiled, and gave the friendly filly a smile back. She was obviously one of those rich ponies, from how fancied-up she was, but it was nice to see that just cause you were rich didn't mean you had to be a snob. She giggled happily as the little colt so excitedly piled pizza and a burrito onto his plate, and smiled giddily up to her new teacher at the praise. She helped pass out food giddily, so glad to be doing a big-girl job like this, just like she was all grown up, and everyone was *so happy*, too!

Then some of the other foals started their show-and-tells, and she watched, enraptured, with everyone else. She pounded her hooves against the ground enthusiastically when Sunrise finished her demonstration. She was going to be *so fun* to play ball with! Yay! And even with the flub at the end, the magic trick *was* neat! She would never have thought of how to do something like that! Ooo, everyone had such neat talents!

:D Sweetie Belle looked up at the demonstrations nervously. She applauded happily for each one, of course, because they *were* so neat! But everyone had such neat talents! When, oh when was she going to figure out hers? Fear made her tummy turn over, and she only poked at her sampler plate, as she sat next to Champ, feeling a bit awkward. Grim was over talking to those mean girls, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and she wasn't sure where her other friends were...

But still, Champ was being nice... for Champ... "I know you're not a baby... but even big ponies get hurt. And then they need help till they get better! I know *I* wouldn't want to get so badly hurt that I'd need all those bandages... whatever happened?" she asked him softly, a hint of worry, but also of interest in her voice. She'd heard he'd been on a big adventure! And while she kept getting pulled into adventures that she really would prefer *not* to be on... they were still exciting! Even more so when they happened to someone *else*!

Ponyville was certainly an oddpod town. Since becoming stranded in the small community some days ago, Peanut Butter had spent what little time her temporary guardian afforded her exploring and had steadily gotten used to its unusual quirks. For instance, while defiantly being a moderate township it felt snug, like a close knit village. Stranger still was how the buildings seemed to have settled comfortably into their spacious streets, almost as though had drifted apart from one another on a genteel zephyr. The whole village felt natural and alive, something that, in a good way, reminded the young filly of home. She should have felt completely out of place in this strange new town. But everywhere she turned where happy faces, flowing streets and that sense that the world was right, something she usually only felt when at home on the nut farm.

Peabee didn’t really dwell all that much on semantics though, there was far too much to see. Oddly though, the one thing that always seemed to be missing on her excursions was other foals. Having met one or two earlier in the week she was now left somewhat baffled by the absence of any others. There was only so much exploring a young pony could do on her own before tedium set its teeth. Perhaps they were all busy at around midday, which on average seemed to be about the time she got kicked out of the inn every day for bothering the customers.

All things considered, Peabee was steadily finding this unexpected excursion to be quite the bore. She’d considered getting lost again at one point simply for something to do, but with ponyville a spread out as it was there wasn’t any real way of becoming lost in the first place, never far from some landmark like the town hall.

Today the filly had instead set her sights on the outskirts of the town, balancing her way across fallen logs, running through reed beds around the various lakes and even at one point taking a swim. But it just wasn’t the same. Now with her steadily drying mane back in its ties and her scruffy tail flowing out behind her, the young Pegasus was gradually making her way up a hillside towards a large, red, important looking building. Atop a large tower, a shiny bell stood out like a beacon of summons, making no attempt to disguise its definitive ‘bell-ness’. Peabee had heard the ringing on a morning several times that week, but until now hadn’t know where it was coming from.

Never one to follow a predetermined rout, the filly had deliberately walked straight over the path that lead around a corpse of trees, electing instead to traverse the patch of shrub directly. What she found on the other side however gave her pause for bewilderment. In a clearing beyond, just in front of the barn under the shade of a large tree, was a large gathering of colts and fillies. Off to one side a green filly stood in front of a food cart, handing out treats to the others who sat in groups centered on a mulberry mare. A small squat unicorn Colt seemed to be making odd waving gestures at a glass of water in front of the crowd. Another Colt was leaning against a tree, looking as though he’d been in some sort of horrible cart accident, completing for Peabee the picture of ‘weird things I saw on my holidays’. Is this really where they’d all been hiding?

One of the filly’s many flaws was a complete inability to know when not to stick her nose into things. Curiosity peaked, the Pegasus trotted up to the back of the group just as the unicorn moved to sit back down. Glancing up at the tall barn like building, the winged paint pony watched in rapt fascination as another Foal took center stage. With seemingly no sense of personal space Peanut stood behind the nearest group to watch as the next presentation began to unfold. The small gathering consisted of two unicorn filly’s and a startlingly white Pegasus colt, none of whom seemed to have noticed her silent appearance.

“Psst,†Peabee whispered, leaning down conspiratorially into the group whilst never taking her eyes from the developing scene “What’s everyone watching?â€Â

Silver Spoon

Silver Spoon nodded slyly as Diamond Tiara told her of her plan for being nice to Grim. She had known her friend wouldn't talk to such a nerdy pony without a reason.

She watched, amazed, as Sunrise kicked the ball around. "Wow!" Silver exclaimed, before nudging Diamond. "She seems pretty cool." She muttered to her, "But the accent's a little weird."

"I've seens rocks with more magic and more brains. Better looking too."

Silver Spoon nodded again in agreement. "Yeah. He's pretty dumb, and I could totally tell what he was doing." She sneered.

The show and tell acts were moving along at a pretty good pace. Grim had gotten himself a snack only to find himself getting attention from Diamond Tiara. When she mentioned Sweetie Belle his face flushed a little. "Ah, we just met really... I haven't been in town long." He glanced off to the side. Did she really enjoy it? This other foal seemed to think so. He had no idea he was getting sucked into some sort of trap.

"Are you friends with her?" He blinked as Silver Spoon joined the other. "Uh... either one of you or both... I mean... I wanna do something nice for her, but I don't know what she likes."

He didn't hear the mean whispers as the two made fun of Snips when his act failed. He'd been looking for toward Sweetie Belle as she attempted to cheer up Champ. Even a bully like him deserved a bit of kindness now and then. And that just made the gloomy foal admire the young unicorn even more.

As Cheerilee asked to speak with her, Willow Wisp smiled and trotted over. She waited for the students showing off their talents to finish, joining in with the applauds when they were done. It was fun to see the young ponies so excited to share what they could do.

When Snips' magic trick went poorly she offered him a bit of encouragement. "You'll get it next time. Just keep it up." That said she looked to Cheerilee. "And what can I do for you?"

Cheerilee kept an eye on her ponies until she was sure they weren't going to make a mess of things with their early repast, hoping that it didn't spoil lunch! Then again, random mealtimes were almost always a staple of the day, and this was most definitely a treat and she felt they deserved it! She frowned a little when she noticed Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara taking an interest in Grim. Maybe she'd have the opportunity to overhear some of the conversation and make sure things were going alright. Perhaps Grim would be the sort of colt that would bring those two fillies a little closer to Equestria. Not that they were bad fillies, mind, but after all the teasing they'd put poor Applebloom through, Grim didn't have the likes of Applejack around. Though Willow Wisp was most definitely a different and interesting pony and seemed no less protective, just in a different way. She wondered if Grim and Champ could even somehow end up the most unlikely of friends. In any event, she turned to watch Sunrise beginning her Show & Tell!

She gasped as Sunrise bounced her balls high in the air, and suddenly being caught by the nimble filly! Cheerilee clapped her hooves on the ground as the filly begun her antics with her toys. "Nice catch!" she called to Sunrise Beach, drawing the attention of her classmates to her stunt. But what were the boards for, she wondered? Certainly she had something in mind! When suddenly, the ball bounced off the back of the little unicorn's head and flew towards the board and knocking it from the tree, she blinked when suddenly Sunrise caught the board on her backside, then ducked as she narrowly missed being the target of a ricochet when the balls flew towards the boards against the schoolhouse! "Wow, Sunrise! I've only ever seen Applejack do a stunt like that, you have been practicing! Good work!"

Next on the show was little Snips. Cheerilee never really approved of the less-than-stellar performances Snips and his friend Snails seemed to give, nor did they seem to learn from their antics (Such as the one with the Ursa Minor previously, good thing Twilight had been there!) but ever since Trixie had come to town, they'd taken a slightly different direction. Ah, another magic trick? As long as it kept him out of trouble! The last trick hadn't gone quite as intended, as his friend had gotten a little hungry and eaten the carrots, but what was this with a glass and a bit? Oh! "Amazing!" she exclaimed as Snips made the bit disappear! But now he was going to make it re-appear? Surely this was real magic! Oh, a piece of taped paper. Well, he had tried after all! "Well, keep practicing at it and practice makes perfect, Snips! Stage Magic is a wonderful art!"

When Willow came nearby, Cheerilee smiled. "That was a wonderful presentation you did for Grim. Having a cousin with such a unique talent will definitely be the talk of the students for a while and I can see he's off to a great start for making friends. But I'd wanted to ask you about his saddlebags. He seems to be quite reluctant to remove them, even when in class. I didn't want to make a huge deal about it, as it's okay if he feels he needs to, but it would be nicer if he set them beside his desk like his classmates." she didn't notice the strange pegasus filly that had joined Starlight and company, but at the moment they were too far away for her to find out who that was and why she hadn't been in class before. Cheerilee made a note to find out who she was or where she'd come from.

Diamond Tiara's expression remained carefully blank at Grim's question. It took a lot of effort to prevent her eye from twitching. "Oh, well, we're not, y'know, close, exactly. We're, like..." she tapped her hoof on her chin as she tried to think of the right word "...acquaintances."

"I mean... I wanna do something nice for her, but I don't know what she likes."

"Well of course you do. And that's... sweet of you." Though Diamond's outer facade remained intact she inwardly groaned at having to humour the dweeb. "But the thing is... nice girls like her, well, they don't really want nice guys. They like a bad boy." she glanced meaningfully over to where Sweetie Belle and Champ were sitting. She'd been keeping an eye on them the whole time, save for when she was watching the show and tell demonstrations. It was only an educated guess, but the bad-attitude and scowly expression, combined with the bandages... well, he looked like a bad boy type. And Sweetie seemed to be worried about him, or was at least talking to him with a worried expression. Diamond wondered if this was enough to go on. She turned back to Grim. "You know what they say; nice colts finish last." She waited to see his reaction before pushing further.

• 2 weeks later...

Around the nearest building walked Snails.

A long, lanky unicorn foal, now notorious in Ponyville with his best bud, Snips since the Ursa Minor incident walked a little unsteadily but with determination to the schoolyard.

His teal and lavender colored mother walked beside him, smiling as Snails came over to Cheerilee with a note. The mare leaned in and whispered to the teacher. "Oh Yah, I'm sorry he missed the first couple' days dere, Miss Cheerilee. The doctor just cleared him to be with other ponies, but the little dear is still tired so just a quick visit today. That note will explain it all..."

Snail passes over the note, with pink dots of Calamine lotion showing clearly on his orangey hide. His eyes usually look droopy, but appear a bit moreso today.

"From: Dr. Trot

Please excuse Snails for his recent absence, owing to being diagnosed and quarantined with Pony Pox.

I have examined him this day and have cleared him to be around other ponies. He may return to class at his parents' discretion.

-Dr. Trot, DPM"

Snails looks up with his shining black eyes and smiles, then looks back at the pink dots on his body "Miss Cheerilee? C-can I bring myself for Show an' Tell while I'm here, eh?"

Distracted for a moment, he waves at Snips "Hay Snips! Miss me?"

Snips began packing his magic table away slowly, avoiding the gazes of the other foals. He'd practiced that trick over and over, but he'd still managed to mess it up at the end. Nopony was supposed to know about the paper on the bottom of the glass. That's what made the coin look like it had disappeared. Now he'd have to come up with a new trick since that one was ruined.

Snips sighed. He'd never get to be a great showpony like Trixie... Even now that he knew Trixie wasn't some super-powerful unicorn magician, he still remembered her show with awe. He dreamed that one day he'd be able to have a magic act too. Maybe in between trimming manes and tails... he still hadn't quite worked out how he'd do both.

The colt was about to slink off into a corner of the yard to avoid the rest of the class as much as possible, when he noticed two ponies approaching the school yard. Wait, that was Snails' mom and...

Snips' embarrassment was suddenly forgotten as Snails walked up to Miss Cheerilee. He hadn't seen his friend for the last week thanks to the pony pox. Snips bounced up to the taller colt, but shied back just a bit seeing how tired Snails still looked. "Snails! You felling better? Am I gonna' get your disease by talking to you?" Snips playfully put a hoof up to his snout as though blocking the germs.

Upon hearing that Snails wanted to do his Show-and-Tell still, Snips asked him, "Oh, did you bring some of your bugs? What did you bring??"

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle stood around awkwardly eating with Champ as he retained a sullen silence... then stepped away with a soft sigh. "Well, I'll see you later, then!" she said merrily to him. "I hope you get better really soon!" She wanted to talk to Grim... that was an awesome show-and-tell! And it had music! She loved music *so* much...

But then she saw him by ... by those two girls ... oh no. And he had such a goofy, sweet expression on his face. Did he have a crush on Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon!? Oh no! Poor Grim, he had no idea... Well, Sweetie couldn't let him venture into that alone. And who knows, maybe, just maybe, his nerdy cuteness would get past their meanness, and they would soften up and be nicer?

And maybe earth ponies would fly and grow apples in Cloudsdale.

But she had to support him, no matter what! She trotted back, with one last worried glance back to Champ, then came up to the other three foals. She took a deep breath. "Hello, Diamond Tiara. Hello, Silver Spoon." She tried to keep her voice warm, at least. "And hello, Grim! That was a wonderful show-and-tell, Grim! I loved the music! Your sister's really neat! And pretty!"

She turned her head to look over at Diamond Tiara, who usually took the lead. "Didn't you think that was lovely? The magic light was so appropriate for the stage presence in that piece! I bet Grim here will take after his cousin a bit, and become an Equestria-famous author and get really rich selling his books!" There! Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon usually seemed impressed by money, that should help Grim have a chance with whichever of them he had a crush on!

gallery_299_36_40135.png

Diamond gritted her teeth. She was kinda having fun messing with Grim's head, and then Sweetie Belle came over. Stupid, dumb Sweetie Belle! Was she going to ruin everything?

But... no. She was acting quite cordial. What was she thinking? Did she know what Diamond was up to? Did she maybe have a tricky plan of her own? She shared a confused look with Silver Spoon while Sweetie was talking to Grim. When Sweetie turned back, Diamond Tiara had her game face back on, but a small sweat drop had formed on her brow. Was she going to get found out?

"Didn't you think that was lovely? The magic light was so appropriate for the stage presence in that piece! I bet Grim here will take after his cousin a bit, and become an Equestria-famous author and get really rich selling his books!"

"Uh... yeah! It was, like, really cool!" Diamond forced out, feeling somewhat confused by Sweetie's pleasant demeanor. Was she genuinely being friendly, or was this some trick? "Oh, so you and your cousin are writers Grim?" she said, wondering where the topic was going. She wasn't all that impressed by the possiblity of money. Sweetie Belle's words from the cutecenera came back to her. "Full of potential" huh? "I guess that must be your cutie mark on your bag then?" she said, pointing to the quill and inkwell design. She emphasised the words she knew would hurt Sweetie Belle. "That's pretty cool."

She wondered if Grim would pick up on her "hints" about acting like a tough guy. Maybe he could even scare Sweetie Belle away. That would be totally hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC I'm sorry guys, I have had to give up Cheerilee for the time being due to being overwhelmed with stuff I need to get done, and also suffering RP burnout. At this time, I don't want to consider this thread closed and done with, merely...on hold for the time being. At least until circumstances change.)