[Celestia's School] The Magic Counselor Is In (Open to Magic Students & Faculty, All Others PM to Join)

Bellosh

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“Yes, I’ve heard of your parents Miss Magic,”[/colour] Ingrid Marie politely stated; [colour=#008080]“You did mention them when you came in here today, if I recall correctly.”[/colour] The counselor didn’t think too much of Misty’s insignificant episode of forgetfulness; ponies did this sort of thing all the time in conversations.

As she prepared to leave, Misty Magic offered to fix the door for Counselor Marie.[colour=#008080] “Errr... it’s quite alright dear,”[/colour] the beige unicorn assured the mare;[colour=#008080] “I can just get the staff to fix that right up.”[/colour] Aside from the fact that Celestia’s School had staff on hoof that were trained to reverse spells on objects, Ingrid frankly didn’t want Misty to do any more magic than she needed to do today.

But now was a time of farewell;[colour=#008080] “Thank you for dropping by here today, Miss Magic. As you can see from out there, I am a very busy pony during my office hours. Should you require any additional consultation, I’ll always be available to talk to whenever we’re both volunteering at the orphanage. For now though, goodbye and have a good rest of the day.” [/colour]

Since the door remained transparent, Ingrid signaled for the colt sitting outside that he could come in now.....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smaller unicorn left and Silt nodded to her as she passed. Looking in the office he saw the other motion for him to enter. He took a deep breath and shook himself a bit so as not to track to much dirt into her clean office. So focused he was at not noticing where he was going, Silt ran right into the transparent door. The knock on the head seemed to do him some good with his nerves and he forgot the size of the room momentarily. Gingerly he let himself in.

[colour=#008000]"H-hello."[/colour] Silt stuttered shyly, nodding a greeting to the Counselor. [colour=#008000]"Thanks for seeing me today."[/colour]

Fire listened as the two friends and professors remarked about their spell accident. Sure it was funny now but Fire could only imagine how troubling that would have been back then.

[colour=#ff0000]"You know, I was thinking about trying out teleporting, even though it's not my main spell. I heard from another pony that it's hard to do, but I want to at least try it. Maybe with an object first as i don't want to accidentally switch bodies with another pony. Speaking of spells, do you know and variations on fire spells? I've been trying to improve on what i know." [/colour]

Misty Magic politely waved at Professor Marie and Silt as she left the office lobby. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, who was there to greet her but her own parents, Mighty Magic and his wife Abracadabra!

[colour=#800080]"mum! Dad!" [/colour]the petite unicorn mare shouted as the three shared a quick group hug. [colour=#800080]"What are you doing here?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"We came looking for you," [/colour]Mighty answered.

[colour=#8B4513]"When you didn't come home, we were worried that something may have happened to you," [/colour]added Abracadabra.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, sorry about that, but it's a long story. I ended up visiting with Professor Ingrid Marie and she's trying to help me with, well, my problem."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I hope she had some answers, Misty."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"It's good we found you here, darling! We're on our way to visit with Hoofcourt."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Granddad!" [/colour]Misty shouted. [colour=#800080]"I wanna see him!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Great! Then let's get going. Perhaps we can treat dad to a late lunch."[/colour]

As the Magic family walked down the street together, at Hoofcourt's house, the patriarch of the Magic family was about to give his new young apprentice a demonstration.

[colour=#0000FF]"I am glad you asked that question, Fire Storm! It's just so happens I have a brand new magic spell of that variety! Mr. Krashkop, will you assist me?"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Vait a minute! Is it safe?" [/colour]the elderly Pegasus stallion asked.

[colour=#0000FF]"Of course, my winged friend! And if anything goes wrong I'm sure my insurance will pay for any damages."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"HAY!" [/colour]Professor Krashkop shouted as Hoofcourt's horn glowed and he recited a spell. Instantly, a ring of slow moving fire floated all around the stunned gray maned stallion, orbiting him. [colour=#008000]"ACK! UNEEMAL!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Relax, Clyde. Just remain perfectly still," [/colour]the elderly unicorn stallion said as the ring of fire quickly vanished. [colour=#0000FF]"How did you like that, Miss Heart?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

After returning Misty Magic’s wave, Ingrid Marie watched as the unknown colt trotted into her office. Or at the least, tried too before accidently running into the now-transparent door. It was kinda funny to observe this harmless blunder for the counselor, but she wisely suppressed her instinct to laugh least she hurt the boy’s feelings. To her relief, he was well enough to shake it off.

After the colt nervously greeted her, Counselor Marie unleashed a sort of Equine Inquisition on him, abit doing so in a polite and nurturing fashion; [colour=#008080]“Hello there, young colt. What’s your name, and what brings you to Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns today? I don’t believe that you are a student here, unless I’m mistaken?”[/colour] Ingrid’s guess was that this colt wanted to apply for enrollment, but she thought it quite odd that he didn’t bring along a parent or guardian with him today to officially sign off on beginning the application process. Maybe he’ll be able to explain their absence in a little bit.....

Fire Heart watched as Professor Magic began reciting the spell, unsure of what exactly would happen. She then watched as a ring of fire formed, floating around the stunned Professor Krashkop.

[colour=#ff0000]"Wow! That's a neat spell. I always like learning new fire spell. Actually I've been working on one a few days ago. Want to see?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"My name is Silt Treble,"[/colour] the wild-looking colt smiled. After all, the counselor seemed nice. [colour=#006400]"I'm not really a student here, but I really want to be. My mum told me all about this place and I think it would be perfect for helping me control my magic! She also wanted me to apologize for her for not being here to help me, but she left for the Badlands awhile ago and doesn't know when she'll be back.."[/colour]

Silt's thoughts took him beyond the building and he seemed to space out for a moment, lost in his dreams of going with her to that faraway place, before he remembered he was in an office. [colour=#006400]"And the trip from Stalliongrad would've been too hard on my Great-grandsire for him to come along with me."[/colour]

Oh wait, that's right, he was in room. A very tiny room, at that. Silt's hooves shook a little bit as he tried to breathe deeply to keep himself calm.

[colour=#800080]

MistyMagic.png[/colour]

Soon, Misty Magic and her parents made it over to Hoofcourt's home. Before they rang the doorbell, the elderly professor was delighted to hear how his new apprentice wanted to demonstrate her magical talents right away.

[colour=#0000FF]"Of course, Miss Fire Heart!" [/colour]Hoofcourt shouted with glee. [colour=#0000FF]"I would LOVE to see your fire magic in action. And if you need a volunteer to help you, I'm sure ol' green feathers here will gladly do the job!"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Green feathers?" [/colour]Professor Krashkop asked. [colour=#008000]"I vould be honored to help fraulien Fire Heart if she needs it, but you vill NOT call me Green Feathers! Dat sounds like a buffalo name!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Well, you're kinda stubborn like a buffalo,"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Nein! I am NOT stubborn ya old coot!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Takes one to know one!" [/colour]Hoofcourt laughed, causing his Pegasus friend to laugh with him. [colour=#0000FF]"Now Miss Fire Heart, by all means, proceed."[/colour]

14aittd.png

Something seemed a bit off about Silt Treble deemed Ingrid Marie. It was as if he wasn’t really there in the office, but rather thinking about something else. Because he didn’t seem to focus all that hard, the counselor’s first impression that this kid may not make the best magic student. Fortunately for the lad, the final decision about his eligibility would be up to an entrance examination. Maybe the fact that his mother ran off into the Badlands would stop distracting the colt in time.

Before the meeting could continue, a few legalities had to be taken care of first. [colour=#008080]“Mmkay, do you have written permission from your mother or great-grandfather giving you permission to enroll at our institution, Mr. Treble?”[/colour] Counselor Marie asked. The beige unicorn thought that it’d be absurd if Silt’s mother encouraged her son to attend the school only to not make any effort to provide proof of her consent, either written or verbally.....

[colour=#008000]"Permission?"[/colour] Silt thought on the question before remembering a note that his mother handed to him before she flew off to the Badlands. [colour=#008000]"Oh! You mean, this?"[/colour] Silt's horn lit up a striking green, the same colour as his eyes, and the small seeds that hid in his mane began to grow. As the buds sprouted at an accelerated rate, they produced a folded note from the dirty tangles of Silt's mane. The vines were intended to give Mrs. Marie the note, but Silt's nerves stopped the magic short.

[colour=#008000]"Um, here you go. Heheh.." [/colour]he leaned forward so Mrs. Marie could take the note. Silt swallowed against the small lump in his throat, and white flowers bloomed on the vines from a spurt of uncontrolled magic.

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie perked up ever so slightly as Silt Treble used a magic spell of some sort to somehow sprout vines from his back. Being able to grow vines ought to be outright impossible for a young untrained colt his age; maybe he was pulling off a sleight-of-hoof track by casting a growth acceleration spell on hidden seeds? At any rate, it seemed like the purpose of Silt’s demonstration was to hoof over a letter to Ingrid, but the spell wore off before the vines were fully grown.

[colour=#008080]Why can’t he just use a telekinetic spell like everypony else?[/colour]

Using levitation to bring the letter to her, Counselor Marie took out her reading glasses and verified that Silt’s mother did indeed sign off on his enrollment.[colour=#008080] “Alright then,”[/colour] she stated matter-of-factly; [colour=#008080]“Are you aware of our admissions process Mr. Treble, or would you like me to go over it with you?”[/colour] Ingrid figured that she didn’t need to interrogate the colt too much on his magic abilities right now; that would be saved for a later date.....

Fire Heart couldn't restrain her laughter seeing the two elderly ponies making fun of each other. Clearly it was all in jest and they were really good friends and colleagues with one another.

[colour=#ff0000]"Don't worry. I'm not going to try this out yet on anypony else but me. I'm not that comfortable with it yet. But anyway, here it goes."[/colour]

The older filly then concentrated as her horn glowed. Immediately two spouts of flames appeared from her sides, just behing her shoulders. They then elongated into more of a fiery oval pattern while showing details of feathers. Eventually Fire Heart had what looked like two Pegasus wings made of fire growing from her. They were not real wings but did look realistic. She gave her false fiery wings a few flaps before letting them dissolve into thin air.

[colour=#ff0000]"So, what do you think?" [/colour]

Both Hoofcourt and Clyde were very impressed.

[colour=#008000]"Mein dear fraulien, dat vas Vonderba!" [/colour]Professor Krashkop neighed.

[colour=#0000FF]"I have to agree with ol' fuss'n feathers here," [/colour]Professor Magic giggled. [colour=#0000FF]"That was very impressive! Do you have anymore fire magic to show us?"[/colour]

As he spoke, the doorbell rang.

[colour=#008000]"I'll get dee door, I am closer!" [/colour]the green Pegasus said as he flew up the stairs and opened the door.

[colour=#800080]"Professor Kraskkop?" [/colour]Misty asked in amazement. [colour=#800080]"What are you doing here?"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"I am visiting good ol' Starsvirl Magic, please come in, vere all in dee basement!" [/colour]Clyde neighed as the still airborne Pegasus led Misty and her parents downstairs.

Admission process? Oh dear, he wasn't going to have to take a test before he even learned to fully control his magic, was he? Silt swallowed nervously. [colour=#006400]"I-it would be really helpful if you went over it with me, Miss Marie."[/colour]

All the excitement of the day, the new school and ponies and now this test... It was starting to become just a little to much for Silt. His claustrophobia was clawing at the back of his mind and the walls seemed to shrink towards him. [colour=#008000]"C-can we um,"[/colour] Silt took a deep breath to steady his shaky voice and said quickly,[colour=#008000] "I don't mean to be rude, but could we please please step outside?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie promptly answered Silt Treble’s inquiry about the admissions process, having explained it almost a thousand times before to other foals and parents; [colour=#008080]“You see, every foal who applies for enrollment at Princess Celestia’s School must first pass an entrance examination. This exam will gauge your magic aptitude and other factors, and how you perform will be used by the admissions committee to determine whether you are eligible to attend this institution. Now, I must warn you that we are highly selective with out admissions, and that only the most magically-gifted unicorns will-”[/colour]

The counselor’s consultation got interrupted when Silt apparently turned into a nervous wreck as the jittery colt requested that they step outside. [colour=#008080]“Is anything the matter?”[/colour] asked a concerned Ingrid;[colour=#008080] “Are you feeling ill, Mr. Tremble? Do you need a nurse?”[/colour] It would be a great shame if a sudden sickness forced the colt to postpone his consultation session, seeing that he traveled far and wide from Stalliongrad to get to Canterlot.....

[colour=#ff0000]"Thanks both of you," [/colour]Fire Heart replied, [colour=#ff0000]"That spell is kind if tricky to do, trying to create perfect looking wings and then keeping them that way." [/colour]

The two professors were so interested that they were looking for an encore. Fire Heart was happy to oblige. After all, they were two ponies that seemed not the least bit concerned about a unicorn creating and controlling fire.

[colour=#ff0000]"Sure I can show you another spell. I just need a little time to get my energy back. That last [/colour][colour=#ff0000]spell was a doozy!"[/colour]

It was then that a voice echoed from above which Professor Krashkop identified as Misty. Fire began to worry about this pony joining them after turning Ingrid Marie's office into a beach scene.

The still hovering Professor Krashkop returned with Misty and her parents.

[colour=#800080]"Hello again, Fire Heart!" [/colour]Misty shouted before turning to Hoofcourt. [colour=#800080]"Grandpa!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"Misty darling!" [/colour]the elderly unicorn neighed, rushing over to hug her. [colour=#0000ff]"Mighty! Abracadabra! You're here too?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Of course, dad!" [/colour]the younger unicorn stallion neighed. [colour=#ff0000]"We all came over to see you!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"That's swell! Fire Heart, this is my son Mighty Magic and his wife, Abracadabra. I can tell by the way she greeted you you've already met my granddaughter Misty. All of us have met ol' Fuss'n Feathers before!"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Fuss und feathers?" [/colour]Clyde asked as he landed on four hooves.

[colour=#0000ff]"Evevypony, Miss Fire Heart, my new apprentice, was about to perform more magic for us. Please young lady, proceed."[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Do you need a nurse?"[/colour] A concerned Miss Marie asked, and Silt Treble shook his head.

[colour=#006400]"Thanks, but I don't think they could help much."[/colour] The colt closed his eyes and tried to picture open skies and fields. [colour=#006400]"I-I'm really claustrophobic in buildings. I grew up outside, you see, so I'm not used to feeling so-"[/colour] he took another deep breath as he said, [colour=#006400]"confined."[/colour] Silt took another deep breath and with his eyes still closed said in a calmer tone, [colour=#006400]"So, an entrance exam. That doesn't seem so bad... But I can't control my magic that well. I've done some really cool things, but they've all happened by accident when I was scared or... had a panic attack.." [/colour]he added hesitantly, not wanting Miss Marie to think that anything bad would happen.

14aittd.png

So Silt Treble had issues controlling his magic? Such a revelation didn’t come as a nasty surprise for Ingrid Marie; upwards to about 80% of the student body at a given time can be marked as magic users grappling with spell control issues. Hence, why they learn about and refine their precious gifts in a controlled learning environment like Princess Celestia’s School.

Before Counselor Marie could comment on Silt’s abilities however, she first needed to get the issue of claustrophobia out of the way. [colour=#008080]“If it’s okay with you Mr. Treble,”[/colour] the beige middle-aged mare assured the colt; [colour=#008080]“We can continue this meeting up on top of the observation area. However, please note that should you become a student here at this school, living and working in buildings will be unavoidable. Are you taking any measures right now to make yourself feel more at ease in indoor environments?”[/colour]

Fire Heart was surprised to see not only Misty who was Merlin Magic's granddaughter but Misty's parents as well. Now the older filly had a greater audience.

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh, hello Misty, Mighty, and Abracadabra. Nice to meet you all especially seeing the entire family here. I really haven't had this many ponies, except during exams maybe. But alright, I think I'm ready." [/colour]

Fire Heart prepared herself for the next spell by clearing her mind. It didn't matter who was there. To her, it was just her and her magic. As she focused on the spell a tiny flame appeared from the tip of her horn. She then bent down and drew a small straight line made out of flames that hovered above the ground without touching it. She quickly added more lines and curves of flame, sometimes leaving spaces in between. Finally she added a little flaming heart above the one line and stood back, admiring her work. For there in fiery letters was her name, Fire Heart with a heart dotting the I.

All of the ponies watching Fire Heart's display stood in awe of what they have just witnessed.

[colour=#800080]"WOW!" [/colour]Misty shouted.

[colour=#FF0000]"Amazing magic indeed!" [/colour]added Mighty Magic.

[colour=#8B4513]"Outstanding!" [/colour]Abracadabra neighed.

[colour=#008000]"Dat vas simply VONDERBA!" [/colour]Professor Krashkop said as he turned towards Hoofcourt. [colour=#008000]"Vhat did you tink? You are dee expert!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"You show great promise, Fire Heart," [/colour]the elderly unicorn said with a warm smile. [colour=#0000FF]"I take it most of your magic centers around fire and flame?"[/colour]

The observation area, that sounded wonderful. Silt breathed a sigh of relief and opened his eyes. [colour=#008000]"Yes, I can usually calm myself down with deep breathing and imagining open spaces. And there's a plant I've found that, if I chew on it, I don't get as anxious when I'm inside. The only problem is, I don't have much of it and I haven't figured out how to grow it yet."[/colour]

Going to classes indoors; Silt knew this would be something he would have to deal with. Yet the colt was still determined to master his own magic, and he would face any obstacle in his way to do so.

14aittd.png

At this juncture, Ingrid Marie was actually quite tempted to diverge from the primary purpose of the consultation and provide Silt Treble with growing tips. Ingrid herself didn’t regularly practice the magical art of plant growth acceleration, but her special magic ability (and maybe a dose of her Apple family heritage) did give her an edge in figuring out the needs of plants. It took a great effort of the will on the counselor’s part to keep the meeting on track.

First things first, Counselor Marie decided that it probably would be best to lead Silt to the top of the tower first; it wouldn’t do having the session constantly got interrupted every time the colt needed to fight off his claustrophobia. [colour=#008080]“Very well Mr. Treble,”[/colour] she gently told Silt; [colour=#008080]“Let me get a few things first and then we can finish the meeting outside.”[/colour] Taking a minute to dig up a pamphlet for Princess Celestia’s School and an entrance exam signup sheet, she then gestured the colt to follow her as she trotted out of her office.....

The skin under Silt's stormcloud-purple coat itched with excitement at the though of being outside once again. [colour=#006400]"Thank you very much, Miss Marie."[/colour] Silt smiled as he happily followed her out of that small room. It was very kind of Ingrid to go out of her way to help him feel more comfortable during this meeting.

'One kind act must be met with another, Silt, such is the way of the world.' the words of Silt's great grandsire popped into the young colt's head, and he wondered at what he could do to repay Miss Marie for everything. Glancing over his shoulder at that small room he was so eager to be out of, he was able to see it correctly for the first time from the more open space of the halls. It looked... stale. It was missing something, something to brighten up the room. Silt smiled and concentrated on his magic, pausing in his walk to conjure up a small pot of daisies onto Miss Marie's desk.

Silt cantered a few steps to catch up to Miss Marie, hoping she didn't notice his pause. Silt didn't know if he would return to that room, but hopefully the flowers would bring cheer to the one who would be there day by day.

14aittd.png

At the moment, Silt Treble’s act of kindness went unnoticed by Ingrid Marie as she headed for the stairwell. Pausing once to make sure the colt was behind her, the counselor then swiftly walked up the two floors needed to get from her office to the observation ramparts at the top of the spire. Opening the door once she made it to the top, Ingrid kept it open for Silt using her magic. From up here, one could gaze down upon the bustling streets and parks of Canterlot along with farms and mountains outside the city limits; on a clear day such as this one, a pony could even see the communities of Ponyville and Cloudsdale off in the distance.

[colour=#008080]“Have a look around if you want Mr. Treble,”[/colour] Miss Marie kindly offered; [colour=#008080]“You can see all of Canterlot from up here along with the surrounding countryside. This place also comes in handy for astronomy classes; they meet here for night sessions so that they can learn about where each star and constellation can be found.”[/colour] Since Silt had never been up here before, Ingrid decided to wait a few moments before she restarted the meeting in proper.....