[Celestia's School] The Magic Counselor Is In (Open to Magic Students & Faculty, All Others PM to Join)

Bellosh

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“That’s the spirit, my little pony!”[/colour] encouraged Ms. Marie. [colour=#008080]“Now, I can’t promise you that your issues will vanish overnight; nothing worth doing in life is that easy. I will guarantee you that if you keep on it, one day when a guidance counselor decides to suddenly teleport right besides you, you’ll be… keeping your cool like a champ.”[/colour] Ingrid winked at Fire Heart while making her cheesy joke, remembering what happened the last time the elder unicorn dared to magically transport herself over to the student. [colour=#008080]“I’m uhhh…. still sorry for what I did back in the dining hall," [/colour]Ingrid quickly apoligized.

[colour=#008080]“But that’s all in the past, now. If you have difficulty finding a partner to practice magic with, I can refer you to one of the School’s former students. She currently studies at Canterlot Univeristy, but she finds time every now and then to volunteer back here. Her name is Dazzle Dawn, and I am very confident that she’ll want to help you out. Would you like me to arrange a meeting between the two of you?”[/colour]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#FF0000]"Heh... yeah," [/colour]Fire Heart said remembering the events in the cafeteria when the counselor teleported to greet her and scared her to the point of catching fire. At least with this session, Ingrid knew what she was getting herself into when meeting the unicorn, especially her wild ability.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hmm.... Dazzle Dawn. You know, I think I'd like to meet with her. And, if I find another pony to watch me practice, then that will just add to things. So, if you can ask her to come by, that would be great."[/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“Ah, splendid! I’ll make the arrangements then,”[/colour] beamed the counselor. Other than that chaos caused by Professor Krashkop's entrance, the meeting more or less went by smoothly. “[colour=#008080]With that, I believe I’ve gone over everything I needed to get to today. Is there anything else you’d like to ask me about before you leave today, Miss Heart? Don’t worry; we’ve still got plenty of time before the next period.”[/colour]

Professor Krashkop sat patiently in the waiting room, looking around at all the well decorated area.

[colour=#008000]"Dis is a nice room," [/colour]the elderly stallion said with a smile. [colour=#008000]"I vonder vhat dee view is from up here?"[/colour]

The Professor walked over to the opened window and stuck his head out. At that moment, his glasses slid off and fell towards the ground.

[colour=#008000]"OH NO! MEIN GLASSES!" [/colour]he shouted before he spotted his falling glasses stopping in mid air, halted by the glowing horn of the petite unicorn mare who had been walking the grounds underneath.

MistyMagic.png

[colour=#800080]"I wonder who lost these eyeglasses?" [/colour]Misty Magic asked before looking up and spotting the head of Professor Krashkop.

[colour=#008000]"Danka fraulein!" [/colour]the elderly Pegasus shouted down, [colour=#008000]"you saved mein glasses. I vill come down und tank you meinself!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"No need to do that, sir, I'll come to you!" [/colour]the smallish yellow furred unicorn shouted back up as her horn glowed and she vanished. In an instant, Misty appeared in front of the stunned Professor as she floated the glasses back into place on his head. [colour=#800080]"There you are."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"You are most kind. Say, I tink I know you! You are Misty Magic, daughter of dee famous Mighty Magic und Abracadabra, ja?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Yes sir, that's me. I was here in Canterlot visiting with my parents when I happened to be walking by and.."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"And it vas a good ting you did! I am Professor Clyde Krashkop, retired professor from Canterlot University. How can I repay your kindness, fraulein?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"No need, Professor, I'm just happy my magic worked this time."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Dis time? I do not understand, fraulein."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Well, all my life I've been able to perform simple feats of magic with ease, but when it comes to more complex spells, I always goof. And to make matters worse, sometimes my magic will activate without me knowing it. Back home in Trottingham, I am often shunned because of my magical outbursts."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Dat is a sad story, fraulien Magic."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"It's very frustrating, Professor," [/colour]Misty said as her horn began to glow, [colour=#800080]"sometimes I wish I was on some tropical island and.."[/colour]

The second she uttered those words, the entire waiting room decor magically changed. Potted mini palm trees were all around, all of the furniture became outdoor patio furniture. Several of the paintings on the walls became hanging wooden tiki masks. Misty and the Professor were both now wearing very loud flower colored shirts with matching grass skirts.

[colour=#008000]"ACK UNEEMAL!" [/colour]the Professor neighed.

[colour=#800080]"Oh dear, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do all this..."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Young filly, I tink YOU need to see mein counsellor friend next."[/colour]

Fire Heart thought bout what else she wanted to talk about. She was surprised that the counseling session would be short, that Ingrid would somehow have other things to say. But no news was good news she asumed.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well there is one thing that I'm thinking about regarding me and my talent. I know it's a little way off, but do you know about what jobs I can do in the future with my ability? I can't really think of any except being a starter for a campfire."[/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“Ahhhh… it’s never too early to start thinking about your future,”[/colour] excitedly said Counselor Marie; [colour=#008080]“Before I go any further, I just want to advise you to never look dimly at your career prospects. Believe me; it’s far easier to find your path in life if you have faith that it’ll be a successful. In a way, it also goes hoof-in-hoof with positively visualizing your magic abilities, mmkay.”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“With that said, there are many options out there for pryokinesis practitioners. While steam power generation is still currently a bit iffy, there’s demand out there for ponies of your caliber that can ignite fuel sources. If you’re willing to settle for a lower-paying but more stable, you could always find a servant job lighting candles and lamps; personally, I think you can do way better than that, though. Enlisting in the Royal Equestrian Army could be another option; you probably wouldn’t be using fire magic per say, but it’ll show them that you have the aptitude to become a magus. Those jobs are what I can think of immediately off the top of my head, but I assure you there’s plenty more to choose from. Just take a peek at a Canterlot business directory the next chance you get and see what you find.”[/colour]

Ingrid wasn’t finished yet; [colour=#008080]“I… I just want to remind you that even though you have incredible gifts, they don’t necessarily have to be your destiny either.”[/colour] The counselor lowered her voice by just a smidgen, as she prepared to reveal aspects of her personal life to the student. [colour=#008080]“You see Miss Heart, my… own special magic ability happens to be “connecting” with plants as it were… and I can pick up on how they’re growing and what they need without relying on just educated intuition. I loved helping my family’s apple trees thrive back when I was just a small filly. That’s how I got my cutie mark, by the way!”[/colour] Ingrid softly laughed as she pointed to the apple image on her flank.

[colour=#008080]“As I grew up and attended this very school however, I discovered that I loved helping my fellow ponies perfect their magic talents even more. So once I graduated from here, I studied to become a magic educator instead of finding a career suited to my inherent gifts. But even so… I still find time now and then to do hobbies that give me chances to bond with plants. Don’t feel pressured to find an occupation that only revolves around fire magic, Miss Heart. If you find something that you really, really love to do, go for it! You’ll always be able to find a way to incorporate your gifts in your life even if your career path doesn’t involve magic. By all means embrace the endowments that make you who you are, but always remember that we ponies are defined by much more than our cutie marks and our…..”[/colour]

The counselor cut her speech short as she heard the tell-tale sounds of a very powerful spell cast right outside in the hallway. A following yell by Professor Krashkop confirmed Ingrid’s suspicion that another freak accident had just occurred. Cynically rolling her eyes, the elder unicorn lamented she’d probably now have to see what just happened… but not before giving Fire Heart a proper send off. [colour=#008080]“Well, Miss Heart,”[/colour] Ingrid said, faking a tone of cheeriness while hiding her impatience; [colour=#008080]“I think this evaluation has gone very well today. Is there anything else you want to ask me before you leave today?”[/colour]

Ingrid was excited that Fire had mentioned her career advice. She gave several job ideas relating to fire. The unicorn was not excited about working in steam generation or lighting lamps. The military might be an option especially meeting Sergeant Bonfire some time ago. The counselor mentioned about how a career does not have to directly apply to one's ability. She mentioned her tale of being aple to plant apple trees but instead chose a counseling position. Fire wondered if that would be her best option. Then something dawned on her as she thought about career options.

[colour=#FF0000]"What about being a professor here? I mean, I could teach magic to others, especially those who might be struggling like me, and it would give me the ability to use my magic. Is that something you think might be good for me?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

Hearing Fire Heart’s suggestion about becoming a magic professor, Ingrid Marie’s eye faintly twitched. The counselor never pegged Miss Heart as an instructor type, but who was she to outright state what a filly could do or not do? Besides… perhaps letting the filly explore the options presented by this potential career path would give her added motivation to work on mastering her own powers.

Summoning a soft smile, Ingrid told the student; [colour=#008080]“Well, if you want to become a professor, just know that you don’t need the greatest magical aptitude or anything that like; you just need absolute confidence in yourself and your ability to help others with their magic. If you’re interested, I can ask around to see if there’s a magic assistant position available at one of the local magic kindergartens here in Canterlot. You might also want to see what Professor Krashkop can do for you…… assuming nothing else has happened to him, that is. He may be a retired science professor, but I’m sure he can find something for you, too. Meanwhile, never hesitate to give advice and encouragement to your fellow classmates. If you find yourself liking to do any of these things, then I think being a professor just might be in the cards for you!”[/colour]

Ingrid offered some great advice about being a professor. she was a bit nervous on the part of acheiving confidence in her magical abilities as clearly seen in her counseling session. The other choices of perhaps being a teacher for magic kindergarten or asking Professor Krashkop for advice. Maybe she could do both to cover all chances.

[colour=#FF0000]"You know, maybe I could try both chances. If you can check to see if something is open for magic kindergarten, then that would be great. Meanwhile, I can ask Professor Krashkop if he as anything. Thanks for the advice!"[/colour]

Still standing in the 'island decorated' lobby wearing loud shirts and grass skirts, Professor Krashkop watched nervously as Misty Magic tried repeatedly to 'undo' the accidential spell that changed everything.

[colour=#008000]"You must relax, fraulein," [/colour]Professor Krashkop urged. [colour=#008000]"I do not know much about magic, but I do know dat if you are nervous und uptight, you cannot give your full concentration."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I've GOT to fix this before the counsellor sees it." [/colour]the petite yellow unicorn muttered as her horn glowed and she closed her eyes. [colour=#800080]"I don't want to see you get into hot water over this... OH NO!"[/colour]

Misty immediately placed both of her front hooves over her mouth and opened her eyes. She gasped at what she saw. There was Professor Krashkop, still in the island attire, now standing in a large metal washtub filled with water that had steam rising out of it.

[colour=#800080]"I'm so sorry, sir, I didn't mean to..."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"If I had known I vas going to be taking a bath, I vould've brought mein bath towel und soap!" [/colour]he said with a smile, trying to defuse the situation.

14aittd.png

Fire Heart sounded very pleased with Counselor Marie’s advice. [colour=#008080]“Well, unless you’ve got any further questions, I believe now is a good time to introduce you to the professor. Oh uhhh… before I forget, send Miss Spirit my warmest regards.”[/colour] Ingrid mildly regretted not asking about Miss Heart’s companion from last week earlier; she really wanted to know how things went between the two pryokinetic fillies. Shaking the disappointment out of her head, the counselor waved to the student to follow her out of the office. And thus did Ingrid open the door, only to see a most peculiar spectacle…

[colour=#008080]~Why does everything look like a scene out of the Gallopagos? And uggggh……… what is she doing here, and what's Clyde doing in a bathtub?~[/colour]

Ingrid Marie gaped for a few seconds, but for Fire Heart’s sake, she did not express any loud sign of startling. The presence of Misty Magic, Ingrid’s accident-prone magic assistant over at the Equestria Orphanage, bode ill very much so. After composing herself, Ingrid cast a murderous glare in Misty and Krashkop’s direction and harshly asked; [colour=#008080]“What. In. Tarnation. Happened. Here?”[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"That would be great, to mee him," [/colour]Fire said as she smiled at the counselor. She was pleased with how the session went and the information she received about her magic and future career options.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh I will definitely tell Spirit that you said hello when I see her again. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully soon."[/colour]

Fire followed Ingrid out of the office to meet the absentminded pegasus professor. Suddenly Ingrid stopped, which almost caused the filly to bump into her. Wondering what wa the matter, she stepped to the side of the counselor and did a double take at the scene that was before her. The once marble office wating room had been transformed into a triopical paradise complete with palm trees. The strangest thing was that the professor was now in a bathtub with steamy water.

[colour=#FF0000]"Professor Krashkop, I presume?" [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Ja! I am Professor Krashkop!" [/colour]the green Pegasus standing in the tub of hot water neighed. [colour=#008000]"Fraulein Marie! It is vonderba to see you again!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I'm afraid all of this is my fault, ma'am," [/colour]Misty Magic said sadly, lowering her head as her horn once more began to glow. [colour=#800080]"I just wish all these things I created would vanish.."[/colour]

Her eyes being closed, Misty didn't notice that the moment she finished speaking, all of the 'island decor' and the metal tub of hot water had disappeared without a trace. The entire waiting room looked exactly as it was before.

[colour=#008000]"You did it, fraulein Magic!" [/colour]the Professor shouted. [colour=#008000]"I knew you could! Just relax und let it come naturally! Dat is dee secret to all tasks in life. Ingrid, dis is Misty Magic, mein new friend who is originally from Canterlot! Who is dee young lady standing next to you?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“The young lady beside me is Miss Fire Heart.”[/colour] Ingrid stated matter-of-factually; [colour=#008080]“And yes Clyde, I’m already well acquainted with Miss Magic. She’s only my magic assistant at the orphanage that all three of us volunteer at, remember?”[/colour] The professor may have been one of Ingrid Marie’s dearest friends, but that didn’t stop her from rolling her eyes over Krashkop’s memory lapse. After taking a moment to calm down, Ingrid continued onwards; [colour=#008080]“Anyway professor, Miss Heart here shows interest in becoming a magic professor. I know you don’t teach magic, but I figured that since you’ve taught classes, you could give the student advice on how she can explore a teaching career, right?”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“As for you, Miss Magic,”[/colour] Ingrid cautiously turned her attention to the yellow unicorn; [colour=#008080]“What brings you to Princess Celestia’s School, today?”[/colour] Despite Misty Magic’s less-than-impressive control over her magic, the counselor admitted that the young mare displayed an amazing level of raw power. After Ingrid’s first day of volunteering at the orphanage, the counselor took the liberty of sorting through the School’s rejected application files searching for anything about Misty. Sure enough, one of the files had Misty’s name on it; apparently, she had flunked her series of entrance assessments after disastrously failing to hatch a dragon egg during the final test (the great majority of prospective students don’t possess the raw power necessary to warrant the dragon hatching test). According to the files, Counselor Marie was the sole proctor that day to recommend enrolling Misty as a student. As she wrote in her dissenting opinion back then, why bother running a school for gifted unicorns if it couldn’t be bothered to teach them how to actually control their gifts? To Misty’s misfortune, the other proctors didn’t see things Ingrid’s way.

According to the School’s records, it didn’t appear that Misty Magic made another attempt to enroll there. Thus, Ingrid couldn’t bring herself anymore to get too mad over Miss Magic’s accidents. Still, the counselor figured that the young mare could at least use some magic tutoring. To Ingrid, it would be a gigantic shame if Misty never got the chance to ever make use of her exceptional magic aptitude.

It appeared that the counselor knew both the Professor as well as the filly with him who seemed to have the unique magic of making thing appear out of nowehere. It looked like the unicorn had trouble controling her magic, something that Fire could relate to easily.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh hello Professor Krashkop. As Miss Marie said, I'm just thinking about my options for after I graduate here, and I'm thinking that teaching magic might be one, I'd like to try. And hello there Misty! Nice to meet you too."[/colour]

Professor Krashkop's eyes lit up as he began to remember again.

[colour=#008000]"Oh JA! Dat's right! Of course you know each other, und vee do vork together at dee Orphanage from time to time!" [/colour]the gray maned Pegasus neighed. [colour=#008000]"Of course I vould be glad to help any pony who vishes to be an instructor! I have loved mein career in teaching."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Nice to meet you too, Fire Heart," [/colour]Misty said as she turned towards Ingrid. [colour=#800080]"I came up here to return the Professor's eyeglasses. They were falling to the ground until I used my magic to stop them."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Dat's correct, Ingrid! I vas leaning mein head out dee vindow vhen day fell of mein face. It vas good fortune dat she vas out dere to catch dem."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Sorry about the magical mishaps, Professor Marie," [/colour]the petite unicorn mare said timidly.

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie grinned somewhat too-earnestly as Professor Krashkop offered to give career advice to Fire Heart; [colour=#008080]“Good, good! Perhaps you and Miss Heart can head on down and talk things over. Let me know how everything works out!”[/colour] At the very least, Clyde wouldn’t be around to crash into walls or wind up in bathtubs.

Turning towards the apologetic Misty Magic, who dodged the question of why she was around to catch Clyde’s glasses in the first place, Ingrid gently asked;[colour=#008080] “And you, Miss Magic; since it doesn’t appear you have any pressing engagements, you don’t mind chatting with me for a little bit, do you? No other students are here right now, so feel welcome to come into my office if you want.”[/colour] Maybe with enough prompting, Misty could be encouraged to once again work on her extraordinary gifts…

Thankfully the Professor was happy to oblige in helping Fire to explore her option of a teacher.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thanks Ptrofessor! I'm really interested in exploring that option."[/colour]

She then turned to Misty who explained to Fire and Miss Marie her purpose being there.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well it's a good thing you were there at the right time to get those glasses."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Sure I can speak with the Professor Miss Marie. And I'll definitely let you know the results. Thanks for your help."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Vunderba!" [/colour]shouted Professor Krashkop, [colour=#008000]"dat sounds like a brilliant plan, Ingrid! Fraulein Fire Heart, come vith me und I vill gladly give you insights on a career in academia!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Alright Professor Marie," [/colour]Misty Magic said, [colour=#800080]"I need all the help I can get. Someday I want to live up to the legacy of my parents, Mighty Magic and Abracadabra. Perhaps you've heard of them, they are still touring Equestria with their magic act. That's why I was here in Canterlot, to visit with them at home. I do miss living here but I have a nice, quiet life back in Trottingham now."[/colour]

Professor Krashkop turned to Fire Heart as the two walked down the stairs.

[colour=#008000]"If you vish, fraulein, perhaps vee can discuss your future career plans over lunch? Mein treat?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“May you two have a wonderful rest of the day!”[/colour] Ingrid Marie cried out in farewell to the professor and Fire Heart. If Miss Heart really did decide that teaching would be her future, the counselor would be glad to provide her with any further assistance she needed. For the time being, Ingrid gestured to Misty Magic to follow her back into her office.

[colour=#008080]“So I assume you have a job back in Trottingham?”[/colour] Counselor Marie asked while trotting back towards her chair, figuring she should start her meeting with some small talk. Sitting back down, the counselor stared at her burnt sofa and noted; [colour=#008080]“Oh… I hope you don’t mind your couches well-done, Miss Magic. We had a bit of an uhhhh….. accident earlier.”[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Actually, lunch would be nice," [/colour]Fire said as she followed Professor Krashkop, [colour=#FF0000]"I actually was going there right after meeting with Miss Marie."[/colour]

Fire then hear the counselor say her farewell to her.

[colour=#FF0000]"Bye Miss Marie, I look forward to meeting Dazzle Dawn later on. ou have a nice day too!" [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Nice meeting you too!" [/colour]Misty Magic shouted and waved as Fire Heart departed with the Professor. [colour=#800080]"Bye Professor!"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Auf Wiedersehen, frauleins!" [/colour]Professor Krashkop shouted to them. [colour=#008000]"Vee vill return shortly!"[/colour]

As he led Fire Heart outside, the Professor pointed to a corner restaurant across the street.

[colour=#008000]"Dere it is, fraulein Heart! Vee can dine outdoors vhile vee discuss your plans for a career in teaching. I vould recommend dee HLT sandvich: Hay, lettuce und tomato."[/colour]

As Misty said her last goodbye, she turned to see the 'burnt' couch Ingrid Marie spoke of.

[colour=#800080]"Oh my, did Fire Heart do that?" [/colour]the petite unicorn mare asked. [colour=#800080]"Yes, I do have a job in Trotingham, at the Post Office. I do mail sorting, things like that."[/colour]

14aittd.png

Simply nodding as Misty Magic correctly guessed at the cause of the burnt couch, Ingrid Marie couldn’t hold back her wince upon hearing about the young mare’s job. Misty had the raw potential to do much more in life than just working as a mail sorter. Well, perhaps this would be the day where Misty could finally start following in her parents’ hoofsteps.

Speaking of Misty’s parents… [colour=#008080]“Oh yes! I saw your parents’ act a few months ago; very impressive I must say!”[/colour] It was at that moment where Ingrid focused on Misty’s cutie mark; a cloud with a question mark on it. Since the School naturally had no records concerning how the young mare acquired her mark, the counselor had been quite curious on how she got it. [colour=#008080]“Just wondering Miss Magic, but how did you get your cutie mark? I can tell that it isn’t one for mail sorting, that’s for sure.”[/colour] Ingrid awkwardly chuckled, hoping to cheer up the petite unicorn just a tad bit.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thanks for taking me out to lunch,"[/colour] Fire Heart said as she followed Professor across the street to the restaurant. She had been to different places to eat before as a diversion from the usual cafeteria fare, but this place was new. She could have looked at the menu and ordered something that she liked from prior places she dined at, but on the advice of the Professor who had no doubt went there before, she decided to follow his lead.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'll have the HLT sandwich please."[/colour]

She then upon ordering sat down with the professor to resume her lunch meeting.

[colour=#FF0000]"So, how did you become a professor in the first place?"[/colour]

Misty Magic took a huge breath before she began to explain. It was a story few ponies asked her, and one that even fewer ponies actually believed. As she spoke, unnoticed by her, her horn began to glow and a viewing portal appeared above her head, displaying all the 'action' as Misty described it.

[colour=#800080]"Well Professor Marie, after I failed the entrance exam to this school, I returned to Canterlot public school and was soundly ridiculed for my magic failures. But one day, maybe you remember this day many years ago, a confused dragon flew towards town and caused a panic. Dragons don't normally attack pony towns, but this one began breathing fire outside the city gates. The Royal Guard and even most of the faculty and students from this school tried their best to stop it, but couldn't. Since Princess Celestia was away on royal business, even she couldn't save us this time. I was with the rest of my fellow classmates huddled under a tree when the angry dragon turned his ugly head towards us and shot out even more fire. I had to do something to save my friends, so I tried to conjure up a magical shield to protect us. Instead, I created a huge tornado in the sky. But as luck would have it, the tornado flew into the furious dragon, scooping it up and taking it far, far away over the horizon. When my classmates saw what I had done, they cheered for me, hoisting me on their shoulders, That's when my cutie mark appears on my flanks. Of course, none of the grownups on the scene wanted to believe that a mere unicorn foal like me could've done a grand act of magic like this, so some of them took all the credit for saving Canterlot. Though my classmates protested, I didn't argue with them. The town was saved, and that's all that really mattered to me. To this day, only my classmates know the truth or believe that I actually did the things I did that day."[/colour]

The petite unicorn mare lowered her head sadly, remembering how much it hurt to have others take credit for her own act of bravery. Meanwhile, at the cafe, the Professor ordered the same sandwich as Fire Heart as he began to answer her question.

[colour=#008000]"Vell fraulein, I vas always dee smart student back vhen I was a foal. Mein parents, though Germaney born, vere veather ponies that vere good at dere jobs. But mein head und heart vas in learning. I vould read many books in a veek's time, especially dose about science und physics. I knew I vas destined for a life involving science vhen mein cutie mark appeared. Mein grades vere SO good, I received a full scholarship to dee University of Manehattan. It vas den dat I decided I vanted to teach! Dere is a special kind of joy in teaching, in bringing knowledge to eager young minds, like yourself. To me, teaching is not a much a career as it is a calling. Do you feel dat calling now, fraulien Fire Heart?"[/colour]