[Home] News from above!

Cat Napper

Slow morning. As was usual for the little pegasus. Cat Napper could barely manage to get a grip on her sluggish self just enough to crawl out of bed and get ready for the day. "Blechhh." Cat let her tongue hang out of her mouth, dry from having slept for so long. She slunk across her apartment, stumbling once or twice over the incredible amount of pillows that lay scattered underneath her home made hammock bed. It took her a good twenty minutes to finish her shower and dry herself off, but even then she didn't feel very awake.

The filly fluttered her wings and shook herself off in a very canine-like way, sending drops of water flying all over her cluttered apartment. Time to take some drastic measures, Cat thought. She sighed deeply and brought herself to her four again with great effort. The filly punched a few buttons on her stereo (surround-sound, the girl loved her music) and cranked the volume up near max. The soundtrack from a very fantasy sounding battle-scene began blasting through her rented space, more than likely waking the others she shared the building with. Such a fantastic orchestra! Cat finally began to feel slightly motivated. And those drums, she felt like saving the world to this soundtrack! After downing what to her seemed like the most epic cup of coconut coffee, Cat was awake and ready for the day.

Humming along to her soundtrack, Cat was getting ready to start on a portrait for a customer when she heard a slight rapping on her window. She turned quickly, and as soon as she realized who was visiting her she turned off her soundtrack (to the relief of the others living in the apartment complex.) "Jaegar!" Cat called the name of the large falcon-like bird perched on her window sill. Cat lifted a forehoof and let the metallic bronze and gold marked bird hop onto it. Jaegar was her mother's pet Alicanto, a magnificent bird who'd been a part of Cat's family since she was a foal. Clutched in Jaegar's beak was a scroll rolled tightly with the seal of her mother's, the Alicanto usually brought mail from her parents to her once a month, more often if an important event had come up.

Cat cocked her head curiously and took the letter from her pet. Her eyes scanned it and she began reading the unmistakable hoof writing of her father, Summer Solstice, out loud.

"Dear Catrina, your mother and I have some rather exciting news for you. During the months you've been away we wanted to surprise you upon your return with this news, but we decided that you deserved to know right away.." Cat read on, whispering now as she read. Her wings and her jaw dropped in amazement, eyes widened and a gasp sounded from her. "..your mother is with foal." She read.

Jaegar tweeted a cheerful tune when she read this, fluttering his shiny wings gleefully. Cat blinked away a few tears of joy and disbelief.. a little sibling! Oh, this was fantastic, she had to visit Cloudsdale right away to tell her parents how happy she was in person! "Jaeg, this is amazing!" Cat said in a high pitched, excited tone. She stroked the bird's glossy plumage and giggled when he nibbled at her mane playfully in response, cooing a happy bird call. Oh, but she had so much to think about. She'd recently gotten settled here in Ponyville, and had a few clients waiting for their artwork from her. "I'll take a vacation and visit them.. only for a few days." Cat decided, nodding happily. A foal! Cat was going to be a big sister!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZiraStarfollower

Starflower trotted up to the block of apartments, looking at them curiously. She pulled out the address card from her saddlebag and read it again. 'Hmmm, yes, this is the right place.' She shoved the card back into her saddlebag, and scanned the doors, looking for Apartment #15. The apartment building was three apartments high, and each level had 5 apartments. The one she was looking for was on the uppermost level, in the corner. Starflower began climbing the stairs up to the top level.

This was Starflower's first proper visit to Ponyville. She had been here briefly many times, usually in regards to her work, as she had to come and pick up certain medical supplies for her clinic that she had trouble getting elsewhere. But today, she was here for herself, and not for business reasons...well, it was a business of sort, not related in any way to medicine. She was here to commission some art. An acquaintance of hers back in Hoofington had absolutely raved about this new artist she had discovered, and had shown Starflower several pieces she had ordered. Star was impressed, VERY impressed. Wow, is she ever talented, she had thought, it'd be great to get some nice art for the clinic. I should go and commission her. And now, here she was, in Ponyville and on a mission.

As Starflower got to the top of the stairs, she turned for a moment and looked out at Ponyville. It was a lovely place, much nicer than her home of Hoofington. It was clean, it was quiet, and she could walk through the thoroughfare without getting whistled at by a multitude of sailor ponies. Heh, I'd love to live here...but then who would treat the ponies in Hoofington? She sighed heavily, and turned back to face the door. She rapped softly on it with her hoof. I sure do hope she is home.

Jaegar's happy tweeting alerted Cat that somepony was at her door moments before she heard a knock. "Huh, wonder who that is." The filly let her bird sit on the top of her head as she greeted her guest. "Mornin'! You here for my artwork?" She held out a hoof with a wide grin. "Name's Cat Napper, all around artist at your service! How can I help you today?" Sure, Cat was going out of town. But she'd never leave a potential client hanging. She gestured for the pony to come inside and sat down at the table she used to talk with commissioners, pulling out a chair for her guest.

Guest ZiraStarfollower

'Hi there! Pleased to meet you Cat. The name's Starflower, and yes, I am here regarding some artwork.' She said cheerily. She cocked her head upon seeing the strange bird, but then shrugged it off. Starflower stepped inside, and was ushered over to the table by Cat. She sat down, noticing the energy in the air. She had caught her in a good mood, she surmised.

'So, you came highly recommended by an acquaintance of mine back in Hoofington. I saw the commissions you did for her, and I am very impressed. I'd like to commission a few paintings for my clinic, if that's all right with you. You know, something to lighten the mood of an otherwise dreary, depressing spot.'

"Ahhh, that Hoofington girl." Cat smiled and held out a hoof for Jaegar to sit on. He tweeted happily and cocked his head to the side, staring with bright eyes right at Starflower. The alicanto loved meeting new ponies, he stretched his wings out and let them shine in the light, hoping to be admired by Cat's guest. "She gave me some interesting subjects to work with! I'm very happy to hear you liked em so much!" She nodded with a wide grin. "I'd be happy to make you somethin' for your clinic, anything in particular you were looking for?" Cat flicked her ears towards a table covered in sculptures and paintings the filly had finished earlier. "Examples of my work are over there! I do a lot of landscapes and other worldly stuff, fantasy stuff I guess. If you want somethin' cheerful I can suggest a warm toned piece, maybe sunshine over a landscape? It's all up to the client though~!"

• 3 months later...

(ooc): And now in the role of Starflower, her new adopted owner.... ME!

Starflower thought for a moment, racking her brain to think of the kind of natural things that seemed peaceful and calming.

"Well, what I was looking for were a few painting with bright, cheery colors and scenes. Perhaps some peaceful outdoor scenery or old windmills or cottages and such. Do you happen to have some art ready that you can show me? Perhaps you may have already painted the very pictures I'm looking for!"

Now Starflower was anxious, smiling in anticipation of what Cat would show her.