[Dragon] Huscarl [Ready]

Huscarl

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Huscarl

Sex: Male

Species: Dragon (Sky Dragon)

Eye colour: Yellow with a Silver tinted edge

Coat colour: Red, his scales reflect the sun slightly when it shines down onto it.

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Has a somewhat averagely normal red tail for a dragon, with hard scales and a nasty set of alloy orange spikes protruding from his back

Physique: For a Dragon, he appears slightly lean, but has a obviously has large psychical appearance to most other species in Equestria due to being a teenage dragon.

Origin/Residence: Originally from the Badlands and other dragon infested areas, now resides close to the top of one of the few mountains that surround Canterlot. (See Map) 124ym1k.jpg

Motivation: Hopes to increase his book collection to almost every book in Equestria.

Dislikes: Ignorance, Ponies who don't like books, creatures who make loud noises and break his concentration

Character Summary:

History

Huscarl is a dragon who was born in the badlands, and started life comparable to that of an average dragon, He sadly, never knew his parents, and was adopted by other dragons when he was just a little hatchling.....

Life was tough on the little dragon, living in dragon society is rough, and brutal, even for a hatchling. It didn't help the fact that he was constantly bullied and called names by the other dragons of his age due to being an orphan. One day, Huscarl just simply had enough of the never ending name calling and bullying, and left the dragons in the Badlands on his own, just to simply find a better life for himself (This is when he was around Spike's age).

Walking away from the Dragons. Huscarl finally had time to compose and think for himself. Now, he was free. He was free from the never ending noise of the dragons, always clouding his head. He was free to do whatever he wanted for the first time in his life, and he loved it.

So he walked for days, these days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months.... Eating the odd few gems he could find to keep him going and napping in dark secluded places where no-pony could find him. Needless to say, many ponies didn't take too kindly to a rogue Dragon walking around, eating precious gems and generally causing a nuisance to the local populace. So, he traveled all over Equestria like a silent ghost, perhaps he was trying to find his parents.... Or trying to find a meaning in his own life.

One night, years after leaving the dragons. Huscarl decided to sleep in an abandoned old library, filled to the brim with books storing interesting information. Huscarl wasn't a dumb dragon. Being out on the road for such a long time, he did pick up a thing or two, and did know the basics on how to read. So, what better way to pass time than reading a few books? Just the same as days turning into weeks, one book turned into two books, two books turned into four books. It wasn't long until he became a genuine book worm.

Huscarl was in love with reading... It must of took months to read every single book inside that old library, but he relished in every single moment of it. Information, tales of legendary ponies, tales heroism and bravery. Huscarl was happy.

So, He continued on his travels. Trying to find a place that he could call home. Reading books, Eating gems, and enjoying his own company, all while continuing to be a silent and invisible traveler all over Equestria. It was the good life.

Years pass by, and Huscarl becomes a Teenager and begins to develop like any other dragon his age would. It was within these years, in his travels around Canterlot, that he encountered a discreet and quiet mountain, for the first time in his life, he had found the a perfect place for him to live. It was cold toward the top, what dis-encouraged many travelers and other wondering creatures to leave him in peace to read his books,and not to mention, was very dragonesqe to live on top of a mountain (Just like from the books he read). So why not make a home here? Now in his teenage years, Huscarl has a quaint little cave toward the top of one of the many mountains that surround Canterlot, filled to the brim with stolen books from pony townships from all across Equestria. Though most, admittedly are from the easy to access and close by Canterlot.

Living completely alone.... With this solitude up upon his very own mountain, also came a sense of longing, and loneliness.... Throughout his life, he never was given the opportunity to really become friends with any other pony or creature in Equestria, mainly due to his nomadic life on the road. Reading many books on the subject of friendship he intends to gain one of these so called 'friends' someday. Hey, it might turn out positive, Huscarl wont say no to something new!

Personality

His entire life, he has been traveling alone or lived quietly by himself, This has lead him to be somewhat of a shy individual, but still has an aggressive demeanor that all dragons share. This has lead to him to being a serious and focused individual, he does understand humor however, he has read perhaps 35 books on it.

It is easy to say, he is much more intelligent in comparison to other teenage dragons of his age. Being a book worm, he tends to look down upon his peers, but understands and takes pride in his historical heritage and that many great dragons once lived in Equestria. This allows him to hold hope that he will perhaps, someday become one of them.

Being a dragon, he obviously has his flaws, his main flaw, is that be can become egotistical in the presence of ponies or any of his dragon peers (Due to being somewhat intelligent in comparison to the majority of both races) . He also has the capacity to be greedy sometimes and being judgmental, an identifiable trait in coherence with other dragons who live in Equestria, but deep down, he isn't an individual for committing evil acts, (Other than stealing books, but it isn't like he could just walk up and borrow them, besides, he is a fairly shy individual) and has a sense of longing in his heart for a friendship, since he has never ever had the opportunity to gain some friends. In the end, his flaws are just minor in comparison to the true feelings in his heart.

Hi Huscarl!

I am no expert on dragons, but I believe this app is wonderful!

Well written, all of the required fields filled and it shows originality and forethought.

Normally, we don't allow terms like 'teenager' to be used in terms of age, but since Spike in "Dragon Quest" actually used the word in an actual FiM episode, I would have to believe it is acceptable to use in relation to young dragons.

A dragon that likes to read would be a welcome addition to the World of Equestria and perhaps would open up possibilities of 'teaching' friendship to him.

Well done!

Sorry to keep you waiting, Huscal, but I just got some feedback from Senior RP Staff about your app.

Overall, they like it, but there are a few little things that need changing before this is ready for Mane RP.

First of all, "Foal Mountain" is not on the 'Canon Map' of Equestria. The staff really frowns on 'creating' new areas. Second, there was the question of a character wanting solitude. Social interaction is a BIG part of the point of RP. Third, prejudice really isn't something that the staff wants to see stressed in Equestria. You might want to edit those parts of the apps some. One last little thing, using the term 'people' is discouraged in Canterlot.com, sounds too 'humanish'.

If you'll be so kind to make these recommended changes then we'll give the Senior Staff another go at it, ok?

:D:D:D:D

ogx57b.jpg

With all due respect, I do believe this is the canon map of Equestria, Foal Mountain is not a fabricated place, I did my research before making this application.

Other than that, All changes you have suggested have been made. I changed his personality into wanting a friendship, but doesn't have a clue what it is about, also all prejudice has been removed. I hope these changes are according to your specifications.

I understand, Huscarl. I was just delivering the message from Senior RP Staff.

I'm not really an expert of Equestria geography myself.

Nice map, by the way!

And thanks for making the other changes!

:D:D:D

Even though the "official" Equestria map found in mass-market stores is detailed, we haven't decided to use it as forum roleplay canon. More to the point, we're waiting for additional details to surface in Season 3 before we look at new locations and their inclusion in our site-dedicated roleplay map -- this is the one we use until the team feels changes or expansion are needed.

You will find that a lot of elements, characters, and locations have not made it into official Mane RP canon because they would unbalance the game, or we aren't quite sure how to balance those elements yet. The Lore Building team has not had a chance to detail out those locations in the "official" map for play here. Some of them we aren't quite sure about, since we have not seen them mentioned in the series yet -- much less do we know what they look like. For this reason, you may not use Foal Mountain in your application. Please choose another approved, Mane RP cited location. Thanks!

That sounds fair enough. I am going to assume you intended that the Site's Map is the official one for role-playing applications. I have made edit's to my characters residence. Hopefully this will be enough......

That sounds fair enough. I am going to assume you intended that the Site's Map is the official one for role-playing applications. I have made edit's to my characters residence. Hopefully this will be enough......

Yup! That is correct. Thank you for your understanding. I know how frustrating designing a character for Mane RP can be, so I appreciate your cooperation with this detail. :)

• Like 1

Nah, It is alright, I just want this character to be accepted so I can get this character out of the way, so I can work on any edits that I might have for my[colour=#3d3d3d] [/colour]Komnenos application. Thanks for the clarification :D