[Beakbreak City] Pawn Stars: Equestria (Open)

Bellosh

2v2gp7a.jpg

For many visitors, Beakbreak City was nothing more than a dirty unremarkable pit stop on the way between Stalliongrad and Talonpolis. Unless an airship was delayed due to emergency repairs, ponies usually had no business lingering in the city itself outside the refueling stations. Beakbreak, for better or worse, was not renowned for any particular famous landmarks or other touristy destinations.

None of that stopped good ole’ Falco Kestrelson from setting up the Gems & Trinkets Pawn Shop right in Beakbreak City. Well aware of the number of ponies and griffons that stopped by the city on business, the crafty griffon blanketed ads for his shop throughout the local refueling station and various publications in Stalliongrad, Talonpolis, and elsewhere throughout Equestria’s western frontier. Stating that he’d pay handsomely for any sort of unique antiques, odd gadgets, and other curious items, the colorful ads for Gems & Trinkets did their part in sending all sorts of interesting characters in Falco’s direction.

Standing behind a glass counter filled with pawned jewelry and other valuable merchandise, Mr. Kestrelson readied himself for today’s latest batch of customers. Taking a sweeping look at the densely-filled shelves in the modestly-sized shop, Falco wondered what things he’ll manage to sell today; maybe he could even get somebody to buy one of his larger antiques stored in the back room. The pawn shop owner also excitedly pondered what things his customers will try pawning off today… as long as they didn’t try ripping him off that is.

With the rest of his family busy with other tasks, Falco was left to operate the Gems & Trinkets Pawn Shop alone. That didn’t bother the griffon one bit; they'd be back by the time he needed their expertise in appraising items. While he waited for the morning’s first customer, Falco hummed a tune to himself while inspecting the merchandise stashed behind his counter.....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#000000]Sierra was hungry. Moreover she was looking to splurge on her next meal. She had just returned to her Beakbreak home following a venture to the Soggalong swamps in Southern Aquelia where she had been paid very handsomely to protect and guide an expedition from Manehattan doing research there. As a result, the diminutive teen dragon found herself with a surplus of bits and the express intent to use them to treat herself to a rare bit of indulgence in her usually fairly unassuming lifestyle. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]She was a dragon, but Sierra was different than most of her kind. Perhaps it was from being raised by and amongst ponies; perhaps instead it was due to the fact that despite being a teenager and almost an adult even, she was only about the size of a large griffon. Either way, she had a more agreeable attitude than most dragons she met (so long as you didn't trigger her temper), and felt at home both in the wilds and in pony cities (so long as they weren't too cramped). More unfortunately however, she lacked some of the instincts of her kind. Finding quality gems just wasn't something she was good at. She never had been.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]That's where the shops of Beakbreak so often came in. It was a bit dingy and lacking in the cheery colors of the Pony towns not as close to the gates of Tartarus, but Beakbreak was an important town with a lot of industry and trade all the same. It was no surprise then that you could find so many different things in the city. Gems were hardly an exception either; as close as it was to the mining dependent regions of the Roughrider Ridge, gems could actually be pretty prevalent. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]There were a lot of places to find gems in the city, but Sierra found herself wandering into one in particular. Gems & Trinkets Pawn Shop. She had never wandered into this place before, but the word "Gems" on the sign had caught her eye. Looking around as she moved toward the counter, the dragoness found herself impressed. This place had quite the selection of rare and intriguing items on display. Sierra didn't really bother much with lots of possessions, but she did find such curiosities on occasions to be curious. Nevertheless, she was at the moment set on procuring a gem. As such, she moved steadily back to the counter and the tough looking griffon behind it.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Hey,"[/colour][colour=#000000] she said somewhat awkwardly; she had always found it kind of hard to initiating conversation. [/colour][colour=#cc99ff]"I was hoping to look at your gems. You have anything good for sale?"[/colour][colour=#000000] she spoke, finding a casual tone as she posed her question.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

sml_gallery_475_9_45345.png[/colour]

[colour=#000000]A green Earth mare arrived near the Pawn Shop pulling a wooden wagon behind her. She quickly shed the heavy brown coat and big black bushy hat she had worn while shaking all of the snow off of the garments. They are the traditional winter outerwear of her native Stalliongrad.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"I come long way to pawn shop, we will see what griffins will offer for my stuff!" [/colour]Tankena neighed while unhitching herself to her wagon. [colour=#008000]"Watch wagon, Boris! If somepony tries anything funny, you know what to do!" [/colour]

Emerging from the back of the wagon wagging his tail was Tankena's pet dog, Boris. The huge gray coated husky dog barked with excitement, wagging his tail before he jumped down with all four paws on the ground.

[colour=#008000]"I go inside now, Boris, I will return shortly," [/colour]the Stalliongradian mare spoke before walking inside the store. Immediately she took a defensive pose when she spotted Sierra inside with the griffin storekeeper. [colour=#008000]"Fear not, comrade! I am Tankena, I have experience in combating dragons!"[/colour]

The brave Earth mare grabbed a nearby broomstick in her teeth and began to swing towards the intruder, not realizing that this was no ordinary dragon.

2v2gp7a.jpg

Hearing the doorbell chimes ring, Falco grinned in delight as the first customer of the day walked in; a dark-pink dragon, no less! It… or she rather, appeared smaller than the griffon expected; why, it was only just a tad bigger than him. Falco would have normally guessed this dragoness to be a young dragon child, but a quick look-over not only revealed that the dragoness had the build of a teenager, but that she had travelled quite a bit. Mr. Kestrelson always had a knack of spotting various clues indicating how far someone went around; anything like unkempt manes, developed muscles, and unwashed dirt were all signs of well-traveled individuals.

[colour=#008000]“Well, hello there miss!”[/colour] Falco excitedly greeted the dragoness as she walked to the counter, tipping his hat as a gesture of courtesy; [colour=#008000]“What can I do for ya’ today?”[/colour] The dragoness then asked if he had any gems in stock; the griffon guessed that this dragon needed a meal, which if correct, would make her the first ever customer to buy his merchandise as a meal. Unfazed by what the dragoness would probably do with her gem, Falco was quite ready to oblige. [colour=#008000]“Do we?”[/colour] Falco chuckled; [colour=#008000]“Why, we have plenty of the finest gemstones in stock! Let me just show you the…”[/colour]

Before Falco could finish, the doorbells chimed again, and a green earth pony over by the entrance boldly proclaimed her intent to fight the dragon. Taking one of Falco’s broomsticks, the mare, who sounded like a Stalliongrad resident, attempted to come up to the dragon and take her on. Annoyed with this pony, Falco flew over the counter as swiftly as he could and put himself in between the dragon and this newcomer. Grabbing a hold of the broomstick with his talon, Falco spread out his wings in a defensive posture and sternly reprimanded; [colour=#008000]“Hey HEY! There ain’t gonna’ be any fighting in my store, here! If you’ve got anything to settle with the dragon, you’ll just have to do it over a game of poker.”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Do we? [/colour][colour=#008000]Why, we have plenty of the finest gemstones in stock! Let me just show you the…”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The griffon responded quick to Sierra's inquiry. His words were promising, and she was rather eager to see what he had to offer. Unlike so many ponies she had known, he didn't seem to care about selling to her knowing what her kind tended to do with gems. It was altogether encouraging. However, before he could show her his gems, the door opened again, and soon she found herself confronted, and rather forcibly, by an aggressive green mare with a spiky blonde mane.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Fear not, comrade! I am Tankena, I have experience in combating dragons!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The mare declared this boldly as she brandished a broom at the dragon. Sierra found her wings and flew up and out of the broom's reach.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Hey, watch it!" [/colour][colour=#000000]she called out, a little angered. This kinda thing had happened a lot back when she had lived in Canterlot. Ponies just didn't know the first thing about dragons, so they just assumed they were something to wave a stick at and "combat". It was really kinda insulting. Sure, adults of her kind were dangerous to just be around, and the reputation of teen dragons was pretty bleak due to how terrible many of them tended to act, but that didn't mean they were all bad.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"I don't know what exactly you're problem is, but you had better back off or I'll make you wish you had," [/colour][colour=#000000]she added, voice raised as she continued to stare down at the pony with the broom.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Hey HEY! There ain’t gonna’ be any fighting in my store, here! If you’ve got anything to settle with the dragon, you’ll just have to do it over a game of poker.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The shopkeeper's words caused Sierra to calm herself. She couldn't get out of hand here. It wasn't fair to this griffon. She flew back and landed a safe distance from her aggressor and gave a nod. She should probably just let this go. She would have, but it was hard for her.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"There isn't anything to settle here. I've never even seen this pony before. She has no reason to attack me," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said accusingly, glaring in the mare's direction[/colour].

Tankena was surprised at the dragon's reaction. Most of the fierce dragons she had seen in Stalliongrad spoke very little, went on rampages and destroyed things. The green Earth pony decided to take a chance and find out what was going on first, spitting out the broom from her mouth.

[colour=#008000]"Perhaps I have jumped to wrong conclusion, comrades," [/colour]Tankena said as she looked the dragon over. [colour=#008000]"You do not seem to be fierce beast and this storekeeper is not afraid of you, so you must not be here to raid this village. Forgive me, but back in my homeland of Stalliongrad, no dragons ever come to shop or make business deals. My family forges spears, shields and armor for the Royal Guard in Canterlot, I do have a somewhat military mind. I hope I can make amends to you both, and perhaps, become friends in the end."[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Observing that the green mare was backing off, Falco set the broomstick against the glass counter as his beak formed a friendly smile again. [colour=#008000]“Now, idn’t this great?”[/colour] heartily laughed the griffon as he retracted his wings ; [colour=#008000]“You’ll definitely have to stay around for some drinks and poker, Stalliongradian.”[/colour]

Turning back towards the dragoness, Falco pointed to where his gemstones were; [colour=#008000]“Anywho miss, all my gemstones are off on that shelf over there, right by that back door. I’ll be right with ya’ in a sec.”[/colour]

Giving his attention to the pony again, Falco asked; [colour=#008000]“As for you forger, what brings you to Gems & Trinkets today?”[/colour] Mr. Kestrelson guessed that the mare was probably going to try selling him some of her military-grade wares, assuming that was her reason for mentioning her occupation earlier. Unless her stuff was really top-notch equipment however, Falco did not intend on paying too much for her goods. Of course, Falco also hoped that a military-minded mare like the forger from Stalliongrad could also be convinced to buy from the pawn store's stock of antique weaponry.....

[colour=#008000]"Perhaps I have jumped to wrong conclusion, comrades. [/colour][colour=#008000]You do not seem to be fierce beast and this storekeeper is not afraid of you, so you must not be here to raid this village. Forgive me, but back in my homeland of Stalliongrad, no dragons ever come to shop or make business deals. My family forges spears, shields and armor for the Royal Guard in Canterlot, I do have a somewhat military mind. I hope I can make amends to you both, and perhaps, become friends in the end."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra tried her best to calm herself as she listened to the domineering mare explained herself. It proved difficult but moderately effective. For a race that made such a big deal about harmony, ponykind sure could be pretty quick to the flash judgments of those who weren't like them. Stalliongrad was on the border of the badlands so like Beakbreak it had a number of dragons too--- even if perhaps there were a few around who weren't so friendly to their pony neighbors. It also probably depended on what district you called home.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Yeah, okay, just watch that kind of thing in the future. It's rude,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra snapped, her voice still cold and somewhat harsh.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Anywho miss, all my gemstones are off on that shelf over there, right by that back door. I’ll be right with ya’ in a sec.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"All right. Got it,"[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#000000]she responded as the griffon turned toward her.

Nodding, the dragoness wandered over toward the designated shelf and took a close look. The shop really did have quite the diverse selections. There were gems on display of ever colour, shape and size. Sierra struggled to keep herself from salivating too much. They really looked tasty. There were a few on the shelf that were too good to be true; she had more bits on her than usual, but there was still only so much she was willing to spend; once it got to the point where a gem was more valuable to keep around and prospect over than it was as a meal, it was useless to a dragon. She wanted something big, something juicy, but something that wouldn't cost a small fortune.

She searched a long while for something that fit that particular bill, but most of what she was seeing was either garbage or out of her budget. That was at least until her eyes found a particularly vivid large, round sapphire; It was one of the more unrefined pieces, unpolished, not cut down into a pretty little shape like ponies liked. It looked like a good bet, though given its size, the dragoness had to wonder if the griffon would part with it for a reasonable price. She gazed at is as she waited for the griffon to get back to her.[/colour]

Tankena felt bad for hurting the dragoness's feelings. She couldn't blame her for being upset, and the green mare hoped to make it up to her somehow, but for now, there was business to transact.

[colour=#008000]"Comrade," [/colour]Tankena said to the griffin, [colour=#008000]"I bring much of value from native land! I come from long line of metalsmiths and I also have invented many things. They are in cart outside. Maybe if you will buy some of my wares then I will have money to play poker with, yes?"[/colour]

Tankena smiled as she motioned to Falon to follow her outside.

2v2gp7a.jpg

The forger from Stalliongrad may not have made the friendliest of entrances, but Falco chuckled as the mare started proving herself as quite the witty pony. [colour=#008000]“Hah hah hah!”[/colour] cried out the griffon; [colour=#008000]“You’re a pony after my own heart!”[/colour] Spying the dragoness staring at one of his crystals, Mr. Kestrelson sought to buy just a tad bit of time to tend to his other customer’s needs. [colour=#008000]“Hey; I’ll be with ya’ in a sec, miss. It looks like our dragon friend has found something to buy. In the meantime, have a look around my store! We got all kinds of antiques that should interest you.”[/colour]

Grinning, Falco walked on over to the dragoness and saw her looking at a large unrefined sapphire. Usually, a gem of this size would fetch a price somewhere in the two-hundred bit range…. if it had been found refined and cut up. As it was, unrefined gems were virtually a dime a dozen if one knew where to look, meaning that such minerals weren’t worth nearly as much on the market. As Falco managed to only pay forty-eight bits for the unrefined sapphire that the dragon desired, the griffon figured that he’d make a profit selling it at sixty bits.

Coughing to let the dragoness know of her presence, Falco praised her taste in gems; [colour=#008000]“That sure is a mighty fine sapphire, I’ll tell ya' what. It’s a good thing you dragons don’t need your gems all cut up in nice pretty shapes in order to eat them!”[/colour] Briefly laughing for a couple of seconds, Falco continued with his sales pitch; [colour=#008000]“This means that for a sapphire of this size, it’s practically dirt cheap! Only sixty bits!”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“That sure is a mighty fine sapphire, I’ll tell ya' what. It’s a good thing you dragons don’t need your gems all cut up in nice pretty shapes in order to eat them! [/colour][colour=#008000]This means that for a sapphire of this size, it’s practically dirt cheap! Only sixty bits!”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The dragoness smiled as the griffon met her back at the gem case. She tried to keep her expression fairly even as he made his offer. Sixty bits wasn't at all out of her price range or even so unreasonable, but Sierra knew how this game worked. It was part of how she was raised. Canterlot had been home, but never the opulent element of it; no her family had been frugal ponies with strong REA ties. She knew how to barter. Only fools agreed to the initial offer straight off. No, it was always smartest to try and trim as much profit off the top with these things as you could. She was sure she could get this gem and it wouldn't be such a blow to her bit purse.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Sixty bits is certainly a rich meal and I'm afraid a dragon of more meager means,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, slowly, thinking it through.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"I think thirty sounds a lot better to me."[/colour] [colour=#000000]She gave a nod. This was probably less than the griffon had paid for the gem, perhaps significantly, and she knew it; she was just curious to see how welcome he was to coming down with his price. [/colour]

Tankena's face brightened when she heard that the dragoness was hungry. Perhaps she DID have a way to make up for the bad first impression she had made on the scaly lady.

[colour=#008000]"Comrade dragoness," [/colour]the green mare spoke as she produced a small brown sack from her saddleback and tossed it over to Sierra. [colour=#008000]"This is small bag of gems I brought with me, they are my gift to you for bad way I treated you. I was going to sell them for small profit, but it would make me happier to give them all to you for snack. They are not much, but they are all I have. I'm not much for gem collecting, I am more into inventing."[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Well… so much for the initial selling price. Unlike that chump who accepted Falco’s cheap price in order to pawn off the unrefined sapphire, this dragoness meant to play some hardball. She might as well though, as only a chump would pay sixty bits for what amounted to a simple meal. The griffon thought it curious when the dragon described herself as a being of meager means; he’d have to find out once he finished his sale just what precisely the dragon did for a living. If the dragon’s occupation turned out to be exciting, Falco would immediately forgive her even if she was actually better off than she seemed to suggest.

To Mr. Kestrelson’s annoyance however, the green mare butted in and offered the dragon some a selection of small crystals for free. Falco really wanted to get rid of the dirt-cheap unrefined sapphire that took up shelf-space, and this Stalliongrad pony was on the verge of depriving him of a sale. Thinking fast, the griffon storekeeper mustered a sly grin and gave his input; [colour=#008000]“Hmmm, these gems look nice, but personally I don’t see how they’ll taste better than this exceptional sapphire here. This gem’s like that fancy-schmancy gourmet food they serve back east, mineral wise........ that's what I heard anyway.”[/colour]

Turning towards the dragoness again, Falco thought he’d have no choice now but to lower his price drastically. [colour=#008000]“Tell ya’ what miss; how about I reduce my selling price to fifty bits? That’s my final offer, so your call.”[/colour] A profit of two bits would be better than nothing, while Falco would always be able to make more money off his stock of refined gemstones.

[colour=#008000]"Comrade dragoness, t[/colour][colour=#008000]his is small bag of gems I brought with me, they are my gift to you for bad way I treated you. I was going to sell them for small profit, but it would make me happier to give them all to you for snack. They are not much, but they are all I have. I'm not much for gem collecting, I am more into inventing."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra was surprised to see the mare approach her again, offering some gems as penance for her behavior. Well, this was an interesting turn around. The gems were mostly small and not of the very best quality... but they were still gems, and Sierra could hardly remember a gem she hadn't liked. She was a little hesitant to take the gems from the pony at first, but some spite did remain still from how she had been met by the mare. She hated to admit, but she did have a rather spiteful side... and for it, she couldn't deny taking advantage of the offer presented her.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Hmmm, these gems look nice, but personally I don’t see how they’ll taste better than this exceptional sapphire here. This gem’s like that fancy-schmancy gourmet food they serve back east, mineral wise........ that's what I heard anyway.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The griffon spoke up then, seemingly thinking that the mare was trying to sway her from buying the sapphire. A reasonable fear; she had just requested fifty percent off his initial offer, which wasn't a sign of particularly high interest. It was reasonable to assume that this offer of a free snack might dissuade her from shelling out for the pricier fare. This wasn't quite the case though. Just one gem wasn't gonna last her very long after all...[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Tell ya’ what miss; how about I reduce my selling price to fifty bits? That’s my final offer, so your call.”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra smiled. That's what she liked to hear. Giving a nod, she spoke,[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"No need to worry. I may not be the biggest dragon around, but I can still work my way through my share of gems. No reason to limit what I take home with me today."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She turned to the mare.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"I'll gladly take those off your hands if you're offering them,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said before smiling back at the griffon.[/colour][colour=#cc99ff] "And I'll buy your sapphire for fifty bits, if that's your final price,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added. Pulling a bit purse from the worn satchel at her side, she started to gather up fifty.[/colour]

Once again, Tankena had made somepony upset, this time it was the griffin storekeeper who was now understandably miffed at how she had inadvertantly 'undercut' the deal he was trying to make with the dragoness for HIS gemstones. The Stalliongradian mare began to think of a way she could make it up to him. After all, the last thing she wanted was to make others feel bad.

The green mare breathed a sigh of relief that the storekeeper and the dragoness seemed to have made a deal for his gems. At least she hadn't totally bungled this up. Just when she thought peace was at hoof.... in rushed her faithful husky dog who immediately began barking at both Falco and Sierra.

[colour=#008000]"BORIS! BAD DOG-SKI!" [/colour]Tankena yelled before leaping in front of her growling canine companion. [colour=#008000]"Griffin and dragon are friends! Bad dog-ski!"[/colour]

Boris stood his ground, growling and baring his teeth.

[colour=#008000]"BORIS! GO BACK OUTSIDE! NOW-SKI!" [/colour]the green mare ordered, but her dog's protection instincts were too strong. Spotting a rope nearby, Tankena grabbed it with her hooves, twirled it in a loop with her teeth and then lassoed the neck of her angry dog. She then proceeded to drag him outside, tied him to her wagon and then returned to the store.

[colour=#008000]"I am sorry for all this," [/colour]Tankena said looking a bit embarrassed. [colour=#008000]"Storekeeper, I will pay you for rope, and I will keep Boris tied up outside. He is good dog-ski, but he has bit of temper, like his master."[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Falco smiled as the dragoness accepted his revised price; now that the unrefined sapphire was out of his claws, he could put a more valuable gemstone in its place on the shelf. [colour=#008000]“It’s been a pleasure doing business with ya miss,”[/colour] the happy griffon said; [colour=#008000]“You should stick around for a lil’ bit; you look like you’ve been around a load of places, and I’m always up for a good yarn!”[/colour]

Before the dragon could fully count her money, a husky dog rushed into the shop and proceeded to bark at both the dragon and the shopkeeper. Hearing that the dog, named Boris, was owned by the mare, Mr. Kestrelson had to confess that he sure liked the dog’s feisty spirit. One thing the griffon never quite adjusted to in his life in Equestria was the excessively… tame nature of most of the wildlife. Unless one ventured into the Everfree Forest, they’d be hard-pressed to find a creature that could actually fend for itself. Even normally-predatory creatures like foxes couldn’t feed themselves without a pony providing them with food. Seeing the yapping dog before him, Falco appreciated the reminder that even domesticated creatures weren't totally helpless.

The pawn stoner barely held back his amusement as the green mare borrowed one of his ropes to lasso Boris. The pony made a good choice with the rope thought Falco; it was an experimental design that apparently could magically untie itself when tugged the right way. As an adventuring entrepreneur himself, Mr. Kestrelson always made an effort to acquire gear from aspiring fortune-hunters pawning off their excess equipment. [colour=#008000]“Heh heh heh,”[/colour] Falco warmly chuckled as the pony offered to buy the rope; [colour=#008000]“That’s actually one of them magic ropes, believe it or not. It’s slender, strong, and can endure a whole lota’ punishment. It’ll cost ya' 10 bits per foot, but it’s all worth it! You never know when you’ll be in need of a rope.”[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“It’s been a pleasure doing business with ya miss. [/colour][colour=#008000]You should stick around for a lil’ bit; you look like you’ve been around a load of places, and I’m always up for a good yarn!”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra smiled a little and gave a nod.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Sounds good to me. I don't keep a lot of possession, but your shop still impress me, so I was kinda hoping to look around a little more,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with a shrug. She didn't really have a single thing better to do. It might be a while before she was able to set up her next job.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"You're right too. I'm kind of an explorer for hire. I've been traveling to all sorts of places since I could still be considered a child."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she gave a sigh and closed her eyes.[/colour][colour=#cc99ff] "And considering that, despite what my size might tell you, I'm almost old enough to be considered an 'adult' dragon, that's longer than you might think."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]It was about then that Sierra found herself distracted by the sudden loud barking of a big dog. It belonged to the mare from before, who was now struggling to keep it from going after her and the griffon. In time, eventually the mare succeeded in subduing the animal with some rope taken from the shop, which she offered to buy. The griffon responded in saying that the rope was magic. Sierra had to chuckle at that.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Magic rope? That so? Ponies will enchant anything, I guess,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with a smirk.[/colour]

Once more, Tankena was making a bad impression. Stalliongradians are by nature, lacking in social skills but in her case, this was even MORE apparent. If she couldn't win their hearts with charm, perhaps she could woe them with something else.

[colour=#008000]"Comrades, please forgive interruptions by doggie. Boris is good dog, but he's not used to strangers. Perhaps I can offer both of you some special Stalliongradian apple cider? We call it, apple vodka and it has more, PUNCH then the stuff they make in Ponyville or even Canterlot. I would be honored if would both share a drink with me!"[/colour]

The green mare was starting to get desperate in her quest to befriend the griffin and the dragoness.

2v2gp7a.jpg

Listening to the dragoness, Falco wondered just what sorts of places she traveled to. For that matter, the griffon wondered about the exact nature of her exploration jobs. What sort of scrap ups has the dragon gone through during her career? With so many unanswered questions running through his head, Mr. Kestrelson resolved to learn more about his new customer. In fact, he had planned to inquire further about why the dragoness was relatively small for her age before Boris broke into the store.

Falco chuckled as the dragon quipped about enchanted items; [colour=#008000]“Yep, you got that right. I once sold an enchanted baseball bat for a hundred bits, believe it or not. Dang, that thing packed more of a wallop than anything I’d ever seen! Just one smack and it’d send a ball flying for miles!!! Heh heh heh, I can see why ponies ban enchanted equipment in their professional sports.”[/colour]

Attempting to apologize for Boris’s interruption, the green mare offered Falco and the dragoness a drink of apple cider. Needless to say, that had also caught the griffon’s interest; [colour=#008000]“Well if all that’s out in your cart, mind if I join ya’ outside? You did say you brought along some things to sell, right?” [/colour]Not wanting the dragoness to feel left out, Falco offered to her; [colour=#008000]"You can join us too, if ya' want."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]“Yep, you got that right. I once sold an enchanted baseball bat for a hundred bits, believe it or not. Dang, that thing packed more of a wallop than anything I’d ever seen! Just one smack and it’d send a ball flying for miles!!! Heh heh heh, I can see why ponies ban enchanted equipment in their professional sports.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"Heh. That almost sounds dangerous."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Sierra chuckled at the story. This griffon was amusing. She liked him. He had character. She would have to remember this place in the future.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Comrades, please forgive interruptions by doggie. Boris is good dog, but he's not used to strangers. Perhaps I can offer both of you some special Stalliongradian apple cider? We call it, apple vodka and it has more, PUNCH then the stuff they make in Ponyville or even Canterlot. I would be honored if would both share a drink with me!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sierra was a bit taken aback by the offer. This pony was now trying almost too hard to be friendly. Sierra wasn't quite sure how to react to it, especially after the initial impression. She wasn't perhaps the best at understanding others and just really didn't know what to make of the strange mare. The offer seemed harmless enough though. Sure, she was technically still young in age, but being a nearly matured dragon, even a smaller than average one, even the hardest of pony drinks likely wouldn't have so much of an effect on her.[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]"All right. I will," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said after the griffon agreed. She gave a nod and then followed after the two.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Very good, comrades! Follow me to cart and we will share drink in finest Stalliongradian tradition!" [/colour]Tankena shouted as she bolted outside. As she quickly rushed over to her cart to roll the keg out, she spoke to her dog. [colour=#008000]"Now Boris! Listen to me! Griffin and dragoness are friends! You will treat them as such, da?"[/colour]

Boris barked an affirmative reply.

[colour=#008000]"Good! Now new friends and I will have drink together!" [/colour]Tankena shouted as she brought forth three wooden ale mugs, filled them and then waited for Falco and Sierra to come over.

2v2gp7a.jpg

Following the green mare outside, Falco Kestrelson salivated as the pony filled her mugs with Stalliongradian cider. In Falco’s circles, that particular drink had an excellent reputation for giving anypony the jolts to have a good time. Picking up a wooden mug with one of his claws, the griffon took a tentative drink to test the cider first.

[colour=#008000]~WOW! This cider sure has a wallop to it! None of that stupid fizz to it, either~[/colour]

The drink succeeding in surpassing his expectations; Mr. Kestrelson needed to know more about the specific brew. [colour=#008000]“Hah, I don’t think I’ve ever had this brand of stuff before!”[/colour] the shopkeeper excitedly proclaimed; [colour=#008000]“You didn’t happen to brew this yourself, did ya now?”[/colour] Eagerly chugging down the rest of his exceptional fermented cider, Falco cast a prying gaze towards the metal wares nestled within the pony’s wooden wagon.....

[colour=#000000]Sierra followed the mare and the griffon outside, curious to see what the former had for them. Stalliongrad cider wasn't something she had ever had. Pony drinks in general weren't something she frequently care too much about. She supposed that at the very least they did have more kick to them than pony foods, but nothing compared to the sort of flavors one might find in a rich gemstone. Still, while she was an occasionally reticent dragoness, Sierra was not against being sociable. She had no real reason not to be here, even if the mare's behavior had been a over the place.

The dragon took her cider readily and threw half of the mug back at once. To her surprise, it did have a nice, strong, rich flavor to it. It wasn't so bad. She gave an approving nod.[/colour] [colour=#cc99ff]"Yeah. It's not so bad for a pony drink,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said simply before drinking down the rest of her mug.[/colour]

Tankena was pleased that Falco and Sierra were enjoying the Apple Vodka.

[colour=#006400]"Glad you both like it, comrades!" [/colour]the green mare neighed. [colour=#008000]"To answer question, my family brews it themselves, but when I returned from Canterlot University, I create new brewing formula dat made this drink even BETTER! My dear dragon comrade, this is no ordinary pony drink! There are very cold nights in Stalliongrad, so we adult ponies drink much of this to stay warm. You drink much of it, you feel warm. Drink too much of it, then you don't care if you are warm or not! That is joke, comrades!"[/colour]

Tankena looked down at Boris, the canine gave her the famous 'puppy dog eyes' look.

[colour=#008000]"I get message, Boris. I give you a little of this to drink, but not too much! Last time you had too much, you howled at moon for hours, but it was daytime and you were howling at SUN!"[/colour]

The green mare poured a small amount of the Apple Vodka into Boris' bowl and the happy canine began lapping it up.

[colour=#008000]"Would either of you like more, comrades?"[/colour]

2v2gp7a.jpg

Keeping his chuckling barely in check, Falco Kestrelson felt the need to jest the green mare after she finished describing the effects of Apple Vodka;[colour=#008000] “Just… heh heh, wondering… but what do the young’uns slurp on to… heh heh heh, stay warm?”[/colour] Falco didn’t mean for his question to be taken seriously, so he felt no need to hold back his light laughter.

The griffon was further filled with delight upon seeing that the dog Boris also had good taste in Apple Vodka. A little bit of Falco even envied the Stalliongrad mare, as the shopkeeper had no pet of his own; let alone one who lapped up fermented cider. After giving Boris some of the drink, the pony asked Falco and the dragoness if they wanted refills. [colour=#008000]“You betcha’!”[/colour] decisively answered the griffon; [colour=#008000]“But ain’t you gonna tell us about the other stuff you brought with ya in your wagon?”[/colour]