Notice: Information on Applications and Canon for Season 3

SunsetSombra

[colour=#282828]Dearest Players of Canterlot:[/colour]

[colour=#282828]With the excitement of Friendship is Magic Season 3 coming up, we would like to make clear our policy regarding new canon content. As we are not sure what to expect, what new characters we will see, or how new locations may be used in our roleplay, we would politely ask that you all hold off on using content from S3 until we are able to process it and come to a final decision on what would be appropriate for our game. We will let you know what is allowed for our game as soon as we can in a compiled post. Feel free to work on any applications in private until that time.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]As always, freshly minted canon will be available for immediate play in Crossovers and Free for All, so feel free to use those areas to your advantage while we process the new information for Mane RP and determine what elements can be integrated with minimal fuss![/colour]

Thanks for your time, and we hope everypony enjoys what is to come on this weeks show!

:D

[colour=#282828]The [colour=#800080]S[/colour][colour=#800080]RP[/colour][colour=#800080]HS[/colour] Hive![/colour]

• Like 9

No. We can't predict a process out of thin air when we're not sure what we're dealing with and how to incorporate it into our roleplay environment yet. Please bear with us so we can see how this season will start out, and investigate other official sources to help answer questions that might arise on how this will impact us.

Thanks for your patience :)

That was a fantastic season opener, but there were quite a few Canon bombs! I'm so sorry, Canterlot RP Staff, for having to deal with that :???:

Heh. It's fine. We'll manage. :)

And just so you all know, and since I was cleared to say as much, the team is actively working to introduce both crystal ponies and the crystal empire to the Mane RP! Expect updates soon. :)

I hope if and when Crystal Ponies are introduced into the Mane RP, that they are limited to Earth Ponies since that's all the population (apparently) consists of. There wasn't a single Pegasus or Unicorn outside of the Mane 6 seen in the Crystal Empire. :)

Yes, we noticed this as well. Sit tight, soon we'll have shiny ponies to RP!

You might just as well make them a separate race tbh. Crystal Pony race... They seem to be an entity all on their own. They look like earth ponies but seem to have completely different attributes and traditions.

You might just as well make them a separate race tbh. Crystal Pony race... They seem to be an entity all on their own. They look like earth ponies but seem to have completely different attributes and traditions.

I know I have about as much authority over this as a cat does over a doghouse (none at all) but I agree with the separate race thing. They are totally different

Well, for what it's worth, the MLP Wiki refers to the population of the Crystal Empire as being Earth Ponies. It makes sense to assume that, much like the Mane 6 demonstrated, the Crystal Ponies only shimmer while in the Crystal Empire and/or presence of the Crystal Heart. Either way, it seems to me that they are still just a variation of Earth Pony, and have no known abilities that really define them enough to warrent calling them a new race. That's my take on it anyway.

Personally, I think the crystal ponies should be regarded as a separate race no matter how close they biologically are to earth ponies. The fact stands that thanks to disappearing for the last thousand years, the crystal ponies would be off-sync with the rest of Equestria. The Crystal Empire has missed out on generations' worth of scientific, economic, and social developments, so keeping the crystal ponies as a separate race (or faction, if that's what you wanna call it) will reinforce that reality for us RPers.

• Like 1

Personally, I think the crystal ponies should be regarded as a separate race no matter how close they biologically are to earth ponies. The fact stands that thanks to disappearing for the last thousand years, the crystal ponies would be off-sync with the rest of Equestria. The Crystal Empire has missed out on generations' worth of scientific, economic, and social developments, so keeping the crystal ponies as a separate race (or faction, if that's what you wanna call it) will reinforce that reality for us RPers.

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg

• Like 3

Well, for what it's worth, the MLP Wiki refers to the population of the Crystal Empire as being Earth Ponies. It makes sense to assume that, much like the Mane 6 demonstrated, the Crystal Ponies only shimmer while in the Crystal Empire and/or presence of the Crystal Heart. Either way, it seems to me that they are still just a variation of Earth Pony, and have no known abilities that really define them enough to warrent calling them a new race. That's my take on it anyway.

So what you are saying is because they were essentially brainwashed and discorded they should be considered the same as earth ponies? This is despite the lack of their crystal coat not being their natural state (like how the mane 6 were dulled under the influence of discord). And also the fact that they are described as possessing a unique and powerful collective magic, which no other race has? Got it! Makes total sense!

This is on top of the fact that the mane 6 (including aj and pinkie pie) were unable to maintain the crystal coat, suggesting it was unique to the crystal ponies. If they were the same as earth ponies then at least aj and pinkie should have been able to maintain that coat.

There is literally nothing to suggest that the crystal ponies are merely earth ponies. Their crystal coat is the same as the bright pastel coats of other ponies. When their mental state is compromised it turns dull. Their magic, traditions, and entire culture seems to be completely different from every other race of pony. Are they still a pony? Yes, but they are not merely earth ponies.

yeah, I would say that a thousands years removed would be enough to call crystal ponies different from regular earth ponies. If not by their anatomy, then by their traditions, sensitivities, and everything else! It's just difficult to explain the mane 6, spike, cadance, and shining armor's crystal-ness. I mean even Spike became transparent, and he's not even a pony. Maybe the crystal environment bubble thingy is a thing that crystalizes all creatures, and has had a permanent affect on the crystal ponies due to length of exposure. Thats right. Like cancer. A good cancer.

• Like 1

It feels like making christmas- except its crystal ponies

Just confirming. Staff is working tirelessly to bring Crystal Ponies and the Crystal Empire to the RP.

My reaction to this news:

PS: I'd also like to see Heart of Equestria come to fruition one of these days. :)

Oh, and one more question... Would we be seeing Crystal Ponies in...

Heart of Equestria?

Because I made a military lore for them a while back, and I doubt it would be fitting for Mane RP.

its a bit early to decide whether or not they will fit into that dynamic, but I am hoping to include as much up-to-date information in HofE as possible. We will just have to wait and see :)

See, when I saw the opening of Season 3, I immediately started to sing to myself "Alright, already we'll all float on...."

That's Modest Mouse, for those who don't know.

That's a fantastic song! Anyways, back on topic.

Will the Crystal Ponies be playable outside of the Crystal Empire? After all, canon-wise it would make sense that they are stuck there, being the empire's defending force.