Notice: Information on Applications and Canon for Season 3

SunsetSombra

That's a fantastic song! Anyways, back on topic.

Will the Crystal Ponies be playable outside of the Crystal Empire? After all, canon-wise it would make sense that they are stuck there, being the empire's defending force.

Crystal Ponies will be able to leave their homeland and RP outside of the Crystal Empire, yes.

Just because the App forum may just blow up with crystal pony apps, I'm not making one. It's too manestream.

Anyway, for my actual question: When do you plan on having the Crystal Fair, if you plan on including it at all? I mean, it is obviously very important to the Crystal ponied, and it would be tragic and sad with out one. Oh, and be sure the crystal heart stays safe. :)

Wouldn't want King Donut Steel of the Sombrero Republic (King Sombra :lol: ) making a return, now would we?

Oh, and what about The Summer Sun Celebration? Or Is that already an event.

(Life of a Canterlot noob... :blush: )

I'm wondering how many people will actually take it the appropriate way? I mean, Crystal Empire was a secret after all, it wasn't even mentioned in books. Therefore, basically anywhere where a crystal pony would appear inside the Equestria, he should be greeted like "Mare, who's this!?".

Also, I'm really, but really keen on seeing what kind of stories people will implement in their Crystal Ponies applications.

And yes Silver, I'm not doing one either.

Yet. (Liking Rarity directly influences one's judgments about anything that has to do with crystals and stuff ._.)

You-....You didn't answer my question about the Summer Sun Celebration.....

._.

Speaking of Crystal pony apps, I never thought about that. They are going to pretty much HAVE to write about what happened when they vanished

But I garuntee you, a few people are going to say that they escaped from the empire before it dissapeared.

(this wouldn't be able to add up anyway, the empire disappeared for a thousand years. Nopony lives that long)

._.

Speaking of Crystal pony apps, I never thought about that. They are going to pretty much HAVE to write about what happened when they vanished

But I garuntee you, a few people are going to say that they escaped from the empire before it dissapeared.

(this wouldn't be able to add up anyway, the empire disappeared for a thousand years. Nopony lives that long)

I am 90% Sure there is a SSC already, but I'd pm a SRPH about that

._.

But I guarantee you, a few people are going to say that they escaped from the empire before it disappeared.

Yeah, any pony who escaped from the Crystal Empire before it disappeared would be long dead. You might get someone who decides that their character is a 50th generation descendant from an escaped Crystal pony, but for all intents and purposes that'd be like saying you have a Native American ancestor from the 1600s, meaning that it affects you very very little. Unless a secret enclave of Crystal ponies escaped and inbred for 1000 years, which is too dark and squicky for this forum, any ponies that are the offspring of possibly escaped Crystal ponies would be like .5% Crystal pony, and 95.5% regular pony (someone else should do the math on the genetic percentage here, I am exaggerating, but it's still a small percent).

But who knows, maybe even some ponies in the current world of Equestria are descended from the pre-disappearance Crystal ponies and don't even know it! But even then they're really just regular ponies. If it isn't outright decided that offspring of a Crystal pony and a regular Pony are hybrids...meaning that their children are sterile making it impossible for anyone to be descended from the Crystal ponies anyway.

SilverWisp: The Summer Sun Celebration was actually implemented as an event at one point. I'll bring it up to Helpstaff to see if we want to make it an event again for the upcoming spring. :)

escaped and inbred for 1000 years, which is too dark and squicky for this forum,

SilverWisp: The Summer Sun Celebration was actually implemented as an event at one point. I'll bring it up to Helpstaff to see if we want to make it an event again for the upcoming spring. :)

As to the Crystal Pony thing, yeah. That would be the only logical explanation. (unless of course during the course of them disappearing time virtually stopped, ponies stopped aging and there was no need to breed, or they have the same immortal magic like Celestia and Luna)

I'm actually thinking time must have stopped while they were gone, for when Twilight and friends go around the Empire they didn't even know they had dissapeared. Or it's also possible that the entire kingdom was just sent through time.

No pony knew what happened when it disappeared, it left without a trace. (save for the crystal Celestia has) And that would explain my previous statement about their aging. If they time traveled successfully, then nothing really changed for them except the time. But for everypony else, alooooooooot has changed. Such as: (insert every historical event in the past thousand pony years here)

And yay!! SSC sounds like it could be a lot of fun!! And it would be pretty soon after Winter Wrap Up!! Double the fun!!! :D

:Luna:

As to the Crystal Pony thing, yeah. That would be the only logical explanation. (unless of course during the course of them disappearing time virtually stopped, ponies stopped aging and there was no need to breed, or they have the same immortal magic like Celestia and Luna)

I'm actually thinking time must have stopped while they were gone, for when Twilight and friends go around the Empire they didn't even know they had dissapeared. Or it's also possible that the entire kingdom was just sent through time.

No pony knew what happened when it disappeared, it left without a trace. (save for the crystal Celestia has) And that would explain my previous statement about their aging. If they time traveled successfully, then nothing really changed for them except the time. But for everypony else, alooooooooot has changed. Such as: (insert every historical event in the past thousand pony years here)

Yeah, from the show, we're given the impression that the Crystal Ponies were frozen in time. They didn't age, or breed or... well, y'know, move.

As Flutterscotch said, it is possible that somepony escaped before the Empire went under, or perhaps was on an Equestrian vacation when it happened. However, even if there were descendents in Equestria, do YOU seriously know your family tree a thousand years back? People have trouble enough tracking their ancestry back a few hundred years nowadays. Would anyone alive today even remember they were a small smidgeon part Crystal Pony? So small that, it wouldn't even matter? XD I mean, according to Celestia, knowledge of the Crystal Empire didn't exist in books. If somepony knew they were a descendent, wouldn't they have said something? Or chronicled what they knew of the Crystal Empire after it disappeared? Eh, point is, if there's a greatly distant relative of a Crystal Pony from a thousand years ago that is alive today, they probably would have no idea anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

So, a bit of a spoiler for anyone who didn't see the Magic Duel episode

Will Saddle Arabia become a playable area?

Possibly eventually.

You should follow this thread:

We drop news about RP stuff there, in advance of implementing it even, so that should be your primary news source.

Believe me when I say the RP and Lore teams are aware of things mentioned in RP. We analyse things and how they will affect our RP a lot, often immediately after or DURING the episode, but right now, the Crystal Empire and Crystal Ponies are taking precedence. :D

• 2 weeks later...