This is the official thread for information and chatting about the first two episodes of Season Three- "The Crystal Empire"! So come join the conversation! The thread will open up five minutes before the episode airs (8:55am Central/9:55am Eastern). Remember though, there are spoilers in the comments section so read at your own risk if you haven't seen the episode! :blah:

Rarity is excited for Season Three, are you? :razz:

S03E01_mad_Rarity.jpg

• Like 7

"Can the magic of friendship save an empire?"

Heck yeah!

"It's all just too exciting!"

PINKIE YOU SAID IT.

Celestia, y u so cryptic.

Fluttersuit: WHAT THE FUDGE

That hoof bump sounded weird. (Pinkie and Twilight)

Haha what Rainbow Dash and Blythe talking to each other.

"Seeing my awesomeness does have a way of putting ponies in a pretty good mood."

"Spike, I think it's here!" It's a trap!

Woah actual jousting.

Hahahaha Berry Punch.

I just realized all the crystal ponies are Earth ponies...

Oh no, Twilight is trapped! Oh wait, what was that? Teleportation spell? Gravity spell?

Ah, well dang. Nevermind that.

Lol did Spike just jump out a window?

Anyone else reminded of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for a moment?

"But good thing's are better when they're a Rarity." RARIJACK SHIPPERS AHOY!

And Rarity touching Twilight's hoof. Rarilight shippers ahoy!

BUUUUUHHHH CRYPTIC BOOOOOOKKKKKKKK

Well, it was definitely an awesome start to hopefully an awesome season. I saw some Crystal Ponies, new areas and the fair. Oh it was awesome. Villan sucked though. Don't know anything about him, barely had any dialog. Just grunted the entire time.

Either my eyes were playing tricks on me or I swear I saw some CG at points during the episode.

It seemed rather rushed to be honest...But I loved it and can't wait to see what all the commercial spoilers are about, especially multiple Pinkie Pie's and those two ponies next to Celestia. We eve got some Luna action which is always good!

Jousting, sees Berry Punch in the stands? Dafuq?

My stream was full of lag, and it didn't help that my attempt to record at the same time seemed to slow things down. :(

Need to watch episode 2 again because of this. All I know is that Sombra was basically less of a character and more of an impending doom device. They even obliterated him at the end to ensure that he would never be relevant again.

Fanfics will probably try to give him more character anyway though.

I was actually kind of impressed by Sombra. Sure I was dissapointed he didn't get more than about a line or two, but I think as far as that looming threat kind of villain, he worked very well.

He didn't need to be directly involved, just by being there he provided an unsettling back drop, not to mention his safe guard spells were pretty darn cool.

ITS A DOOR THAT MOVES! What's not to like?

• Like 1

Here are my initial thoughts:

King Sombra might look neat but as a villain he is very stock, compared to Discord, Chrysalis and Nightmare moon he is very lackluster.

The story was good and decent, good moments for all characters involved.

But as a season opener it lacks behind the last two, oh well.

Fanfics will probably try to give him more character anyway though.

I'd rather see some canon. But then again, I didn't like his design, he looked over done. Partially red horn and a whole lot of other useless features. And fanfics will probably try and ship his with Candace of something :razz:

ITS A DOOR THAT MOVES! What's not to like?

Troll door is best door