Favorite Villain  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite villain?

Chrysalis wins handily for me. :)

Unique, striking design, cool abilities, amusing character and best of all: she sings. Seriously love for This Day Aria and it makes me sad sometimes that the Reprise isn't longer.

She also has cool minions. :smug:

• Like 1

I also have to vote for Chrysalis; she's powerful, but not too much so like the God of Chaos or "Mr. Shadowcloud". IMO, that makes her versatile enough to be used again without cheapening her threat level.

I voted for Sombra for being most like the villain I would pretend to be when playing with G1 ponies and because he had the foresight to back plans up. Also I like lawful evil villains the most. I probably would have voted for Chrysalis otherwise because that one plan she had was quite good. A shame she didn't have any contingency plans. Hopefully if she appears again she would have thought things out a bit more.

Chrysalis is so intriguing. Her design deserves mention, it's so beautiful- artistic, vile, and somehow incredibly beautiful. She's dark, vain, passionate, adored, and filled with aspirations and power. She has armies behind her and they will bend to her every will. Better yet, she and her companions feed off the love of others. Just give that some thought, how terrifying is that? That hits right at the heart of human emotion, they have NO IDENTITY. She obviously understands love but has no capacity for it herself, making her both empathetic and ruthless. Not to mention her voice in the reprise, which is both scary and hauntingly gorgeous.

She's, basically, a great villain.

You have to admire Nightmare Moon. And I can't prove it, but I'm inclined to believe she has a sort of honor about her. She's the only villain that hasn't magically forced emotions to exploit upon various ponies, and she seemed eager to go head-to-head with Twilight upon the latter's charge. Also, she was surprisingly crafty compared to the other villains, considering some of her acts of magic involved

-putting a thorn in a Manticore's paw

-Giving trees scary faces (You gotta love psychological torture)

-Cutting off a river serpent's mustache.

-And, my personal favorite, attempting to coerce a main character with established character goals and dreams rather than exploiting emotion control. (i.e. when she splits into the shadow bolts and attempts to persuade RD to leave the mane 6)

For doing so little when you compare Nightmare Moon to the other villains, she did fantastically well.

• Like 2

hi hi

Hooves down, Nightmare Moon. In my opinion, she's easily the most relatable of the villains. Who can honestly say that they've never felt pain and anger at the unfairness of the world around them, and wished for some way to force the world to change? In the end though, the things that will actually change the world for the better are honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness and laughter.

My vote goes to Chrysalis. Discord is maybe the more interesting character, but his reasoning is rather bad. Nightmare Moon even had better reason to do what she did and her spells were really cool. But Chrysalis actually has a very good reason to do what she did. She tried to feed her subjects, she is like a caring mother. Also ♥ her voice and ♥ her movements. She also had the best song in the entire show (imo) and her reprise after she "won" was also awesome.

I hope she makes a return... but as ally.

Edit: Oh and Sombra... no voice, no personality, who is he anyway?

This poll is kinda starting to surprise me. :shock:

I mean, as I said, I adore Chrysalis so I'm happy to see her wish such a lead... I just always thought Discord was the perennial fandom favorite... Kinda surprising to see him tied at the bottom with Sombra, a new villain who has been met with a rather mixed reception.

• Like 1

I mean, as I said, I adore Chrysalis so I'm happy to see her wish such a lead... I just always thought Discord was the perennial fandom favorite... Kinda surprising to see him tied at the bottom with Sombra, a new villain who has been met with a rather mixed reception.

Yeah, I'm surprised Discord is doing so badly. Maybe we blokes have finally got bored of the God of Chaos after we've singed his praises for so long?

• 4 weeks later...