S03 E03: "Too Many Pinkie Pies"

Dio

This is the official thread for information and chatting about the third episode of season 3 - "Too Many Pinkie Pies"! So come join the conversation! The thread will open up five minutes before the episode airs (8:55am Central/9:55am Eastern).

Remember though, there are spoilers in the comments section so read at your own risk if you haven't seen the episode! :blah:

1.jpg

So many Pinkies!

So, the episode leaked and I just finished it. As such, my usual spoiler filled write up is below.

"This is perfect. Everyone will now bring their fun to me."

1299529616834.jpg

So much Talking to Himself trope in this episode.

"The only way for you to pull that off is if there's more of you to go around." Twilight. Why. Would you say something like that. To Pinkie Pie?

:-o The mirror pool totally sucked the fun out of Pinkie Pie and made just the fun part into another Pinkie!

"...matching t-shirts that say Team Pinkie..." Yes. Because when you have a clone, the thing you want is matching jerseys.

Woo Rainbow Dash reading again!

...did Fluttershy just say "hay juice"?

"Walls closing in-"

"Walls? But we're outside."

The fourth wall still exists outside, Fluttershy.

So many clones. O_O

Hey look, Apple family members from season 1 episode 1!

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IS PINKIE ACTUALLLY CRYING?!

OH SHMOW, Twilight is just going to blast them off one by one? D:

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU G3 face!

• Like 1

Ooh, I can spoil now.

They SO took that last scene from Pinkie Watches Paint Dry. Yes, that is a fic.

Also, don't you think that last scene is a little anti-ADD, meaning that if you get distracted easily, you get murdered? Yummy thought.

Sad Pinkie... NAOR.

Also, matching tees? Team Pinkie? Oh noes... TWIIIILIIIIGHT! (and not the good kind)

If Pinkie's clones had matching personalities, why not memories?

Shutterfly. Genius. Also a website.

Wouldn't hay juice just be dew?

Twi, stop giving Pinkie ideas! You're doing powerful magic that can permanently ruin a living begin's QOL, and you, at the same moment, suggest more powerful magic!

Real purpose of today's episode: to give Twilight a first taste of banishment magic by sending clones back into a magic mirror. It won't be long until she starts exiling ponies to the Moon just like her mentor. D'aahwwwww <3

• Like 4

My thoughts watching through a second time:

Rarity's "au couture ensemble" at the beginning is kinda hot... :shock:

Also, why do Fluttershy and Pinkie have Rarity's couch.

So there's a magic mirror pond somewhere underground in Everfree that can produce clones? Huh... interesting. We're probably gonna wanna keep that out of the RP, I figure... :/

Though between knowing all about this mirror pond and the mention in the Laughter song in the season one opener, starting to wonder about Pinkie's grandmother and just how awesome she was.

Heh.... Dash reading the Daring Do again... :smirk:

So there are hidden books in Twi's own library she doesn't know about now... how interesting... and convenient... :?:

Was that Fancypants in Ponyville? Wonder what he's doing in town...

Never thought I'd see Appejack's stampede herding skills used on a stampede of Pinkie clones... :shock:

Hoof hand and G3 face... :D Some great Pinkie gags in this episode....

After two successive watches, I'd say I like this episode. Not the best. Not an overwhelming lot of depth, but fun, funny, bouncy and colorful--in short, everything I want in a Pinkie episode. I think it marks a welcome return for Dave Polsky and his very comedy focused writing. :)

• Like 1

And look! Comic on the new episode:

apples_to_oranges_by_karzahnii-d5lcvvh.png

That look on AJ's and AB's faces is soooooo priceless. XD

And yeah, I also wanted to know what business Fancy Pants had in Ponyville..... <_<

• Like 1

Oh, did they? watched it twice and somehow must have missed that both times. :razz:

You see where it looks like they're burying Tom? That's them sealing off the magic mirror.