S03 E03: "Too Many Pinkie Pies"

Dio

hi hi

I totally remember PataPony, and yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. :D

Other than the fact that Twilight's solution to the problem absolutely terrified me, leaving me to wonder if the Pinkie Pie they were left with in the end really was the real Pinkie Pie, the episode as a whole was a pretty fun ride. (Even I would get distracted by loud noises and would have probably failed, were I in that situation. *shudders*)

• Picnic with Fluttershy? Yes please... :sad:

• Quietly splashing into the water, *weeeee!* Someone's been taking lessons from Fluttershy.

• Twilight and Spike, "I've never heard of that..." "does this mean practice is over?" "Nope!" :lol:

• Sad Pinkie Pie... I just wanted to give her a big hug. :cry:

• "Bringing all the fun to me!" Just as planned...

Yaaay, I wasnt the only one XD

Also, Harry the Bear's Cave-that-feels-like-a-house :lol:

Minor gripe, it felt like Twilight got handed a minor idiot ball moment. I'd think she'd be able to deduce that the one pinkie that acutally seems distraught over the situaiton rather then pronking around chanting "Fun!" might be the real one. That and the mysterious secret compartment that just so happened to contain the exact book she needed. Obviously showing comprehensive research would have eaten a lot of time, but the way the solution literally fell on her head felt contrived.

Oh, did they? watched it twice and somehow must have missed that both times. :razz:

Well they used a rock...Honestly, sealing a pit leading to a magic mirror pond with a big rock would have been well and dandy. If their world was full of things like i dont know, magic ponies. What they did was essentially the same as a bank sealing the vault with a paper door.

But I guess in this instance the paper door would also be surrounded by monsters and a magic forest so, meh.

on a side note. Rainbow Dash...ponies have coats, what purpose does sunbathing with a tanning mirror hold?

Also, fluttershy has a butterfly meadow?

Well they used a rock...Honestly, sealing a pit leading to a magic mirror pond with a big rock would have been well and dandy. If their world was full of things like i dont know, magic ponies. What they did was essentially the same as a bank sealing the vault with a paper door.

But I guess in this instance the paper door would also be surrounded by monsters and a magic forest so, meh.

Well, it certainly keeps anyone from accidentally tumbling into it. Also, Twi probably put magic wards on it, too.

For me, this was the creepiest episode, to the point that the second I was done watching I rushed to add it to the Nightmare Fuel page, putting up the first two entrees for the episode. Flesh balloons! Real Pinkie! I also now wonder what kind of things Pinkie would do if she gets really bored. So of course, this will go down as one of my favorites.

I do think it was an overly-complicated test to find the real Pinkie. Twilight didn't even try to learn if the clones shared the same memories and ask them something only the real Pinkie would know. Surely Pinkie didn't give every detail of her life to the duplicates? I also wish we had more time to see the havoc the duplicates brought on Rarity and Fluttershy; all we have is hearing about it.

I really liked that cranky-looking mare at the very beginning, standing off to the left. I wonder if her meal was late?

Rarity's "au couture ensemble" at the beginning is kinda hot... :shock:

It was very pretty. I liked seeing her mantle again too.

Heh.... Dash reading the Daring Do again... :smirk:

I loved that. I wonder if Rainbow will ever start reading anything else though?

So there are hidden books in Twi's own library she doesn't know about now... how interesting... and convenient... :?:

I wonder what else is hidden there?

Was that Fancypants in Ponyville? Wonder what he's doing in town...

Maybe he was there to look at Rarity's latest dresses?

I'm feeling like Rainbow Dash at the end of Sonic Rainboom!

"ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!"

But there were too many Pinkies. No seriously, she didn't double herself that often.

First double -> 2 PPs

Second Double -> 4 PPs

Third double -> 7 PPs (the original didn't participate)

Fourth double -> 13 PPs (the original didn't participate)

Immediately after the fourth doubling, there are at least 2 PPs too many.

By the final scene, there are way too many, but some of them probably went back to make more.

All I wanna know is when we'll get some Twilight clones. Seriously, Equestria would be better off with a Twi on every street corner. :blush:

THOSE clones would probably try to destroy each other. They would know what was coming, in the end, if they couldn't get along. Like the Double Dipper episode of Gravity Falls. The first clone worked together with the original Dipper, because he knew original dipper could get rid of him more easily than he could get rid of the real Dipper. But as he made more clones, they turned on the original, deciding that they wanted to keep on living and not be destroyed once the task was done.

I said in another topic that Pinkie had become my least favorite pony due to her exaggerated personality traits in season two.

This episode may well have been Pinkie's redemption as far as I'm concerned. I gotta admit though... I really wanted to hug some of those clones.

Ironically, in a fanfic I'm writing, I have a villainness whose power is she can clone herself. And then an episode premieres that is all about clones.