OC ponies.

DiskjockeyVinyl

I have a question for everypony. how do/did you create the background story for your OC RP ponies.How did you earn your cutie marks. I got mine by helping a friend of mine find a girl friend (they have been together for 3 years and he is planning to ask the BIG question) is your ponies nature based off your real life, or completely random story stuff. I am really curious at to what everyone did/is doing. so let me know.post-6403-0-59352600-1354199483_thumb.pn thats my pony. Ruby Heart.

th_BlankCanvasIcon.png?t=1351433617th_MatteSparkleiCON.png?t=1351433617th_FolarinIcon.png?t=1351433618

Well I have a few of my OC's based on several of my real world personalities.

These, Blank Canvas and Matte Sparkle are artistic ponies, which is generally what I do. I love art and thats pretty much what my life is surrounded around. The last one, Folarin Hooves, is a gamer pony. Which is another side of me completely! Yelling and having a good time just staring at a screen all day and going ballistic over the smallest accomplishment. Their back stories aren't that interesting, and neither are their cutie mark stories. The only interesting one of the bunch would be Blank Canvas (one on the left). He's a mute as well as deaf as has to find ways to be heard, mainly through his art.

well the only three of my Oc's actually have CM's but theres are based off of thing's that they do. but morely how i came up with them is all in my Imagination

Blacksmith/bookseller

Carrot Farmer

Package Delivery

---------------------normal^

Evil Overlord

Symbiotic creature thing

---------------------------- Not normal^

but thas not all my mind has to offer me still got plenty of ideas for OC's

I did rage quit RP, even before I began due to my Engrish summed up to a honest lack of interest in RP.

I made few characters all of them based in various aspects of my own personality:

Parker Izing (pegasus) : Ponysona, brilliant Engineer, capable to fix quite anything with a Swiss army knife and duct tape.

Scarlet (Unicorn): Brilliant Engineer, capable to fix quite anything with a Swiss army knife and duct tape.

Esmarelda (earth mare): A filly with freakish strength and short fuse temper.

Guess how I am...

I've got my "ponysona" or whatever, whose design changes as I see fit. (I dye my hair a completely different colour every couple of weeks! It's hard to base a design around that.) I don't RP with her at all though. She is just there to be a pony-proxy.

My RP ponies tend to have a personality/concept first, cutie mark later. "Ooh, it'd be interesting to have a charlatan fortune teller; what would her life be like to bring her to that point?" or "Pony missing a leg, what happened to her and how is she different after?" That kinda thing.

So none of my ponies' natures are based on me, so much, but it's hard for my personality not to bleed through in RP. It's a challenge for me to play jerk/evil characters because I'm about as confrontational as a bunny-rabbit with social anxiety.

Well... I'll tell you the story of my OCs...

Percival, an army medic, was actually inspired by a video game, called Battlefield 2. How? Well there was a class in the game called "Medic" which I adored and played as constantly. Now when I found out that this RP had a military lore... I instantly ran towards the application section and whipped that pony up, as my first Mane RP OC. His name is also based off of the knight of the round table.

Siegfried, an Everfree Ranger, was actually loosely based off of the actual Norse hero, and the entertainer of the same name.

Lady Ariel has a personality, loosely based off of the tomboy attitude of Fiona the Human, and the anti-prissy princess attitude of Merida. Her sword, Cloudburn, was based off of the popular song from Feed Me, of the same name. She is not named after the mermaid, but actually, an angel from the Apocrypha. Unfortunately she could not be allowed in Mane RP, because...

Knights, are frowned upon, in this establishment!

Antonovka has a backstory literally based on her name. In real life "Antonovka" is a type of Russian apple cultivar. So... I made her have a mother born in Appleoosa, and a father born in Stalliongrad. So I am literally making a walking, talking, Russian apple. :razz:

I have lots of OCs, so I won't stay on each for long. As for general process, I usually start with a personality in mind as well as a job that they will do; characters usually develop organically from there. Names and cutie marks are always the hardest part. Also, none of my ponies are based on me and I have no ponysona. It's all about coming up with interesting characters to me.

In order of creation, links to ponies are on my character log (you can also read Cutie mark stories there on the character profiles, if you're interested in that):

Radiant Steel - Radiant was likely inspired by my love for female knights/guards and such as well as a number of anime archetypes mixed together. Looks wise, there's probably a lot of the character Erza Scarlet from the anime Fairy Tail in there, and she also informs the personality at least to an extent. I tried to spin her in some interesting ways though, giving her a number of neuroses to make her more interesting and fun and not just super serious. She became even more well developed in the planning for my epic pony fic that never went anywhere, when I came up with an entire family situation for her.

Lady Luck - For Lady, I just wanted to capture the laid-back cool of a western outlaw and roving gambler. She was at least partly inspired by a character I made for a non-pony RP that never happened somewhere else, but mostly just came from cool western motifs. Her colours, in retrospect, are kinda weird for a western earth pony, but I think the loudness kind of suits her.

Spirit Flame - Spirit was another one that was largely inspired by certain anime archetypes. She's mainly a play on the sort of naïve, emotionally distant, perpetually dazed and just sort of out of it characters. The backstory was intended simply to explain why she is like that. Growing up in a place that both wants to kill her and is entirely different from pony society gives an excuse for her to be such a space case. Looks wise, I wanted her to be kinda ghostly in appearance; something to reinforce her Everfree connections.

Midnight Brand - Midnight was largely my attempt to make a play on the sort of cool, solitary bad-flank fighter/adventurer ponies I was seeing, but changing it up some to make it more interesting and balanced; she's tough and cold, but she's also got this sort of vulnerability to her linked to her history. She's also aged, has real REA experience (another thing that inspired me to make her was reading Dio's REA lore) and is also a mother. For her appearance, I just wanted her to be striking; bold coat and more vibrant, wispy mane seemed a good route to this.

Hopesong - She is one of the characters I made who was perhaps more ancillary and not as fully realized, more secondary to her mother. I wanted to make her cute, innocent and fun though to create contrast between her and Midnight. And of course having her be a pegasus adds to the distinction between the two while highlighting their backstory. Her appearance was inspired by her mother's, what with the green coat and wavy mane, but made again to be distinct in ways that stood out.

Dazzle Dawn - Dazzle was intended to be the main protagonist of a fanfic that fell through (the same that expanded on Radiant). Madoka Kaname from the anime Madoka Magica was a big inspiration here, with the cheerful naïvety and optimism in the face of darkness. I perhaps made her even more so. I wanted her to be a source of positiveness in the story, since it was poised to go a touch dark. She was also made a bit of an airhead with a penchant for silliness to make her more fun and less insufferable. I went for sunny, bright colours as I thought it reinforced her attitude.

Ardent Fate - Ardent was another made for the fic I made Dazzle for. With her misguided, thoroughly quixotic nature, she was poised to mostly be comedic relief, but with an occasionally somewhat somber note to her as well. She was also inspired by reading Dio's Destrier lore, and being permitted to use it for that fic and in the general sense came from any number of silly, in over their head characters. For the RP, her purpose is much the same. Occasionally there to invoke sympathy, but mostly just there to screw up in amusing ways and act entirely reckless and be a danger to herself and others (except when she somehow wins Iron Pony events :razz:). For her looks, wanted her to be kind of rough and boyish, but undeniably a filly; the pink coat is largely for that purpose.

Snowfall - Snowfall was inspired from two things; reading Dio's Stalliongrad lore and also marathoning through the entirety of Batman: The Animated Series over the course of the week or two before. There's a lot of Bruce Wayne in her. She's playful but guarded, compassionate, intelligent and of course also a wealthy business pony. She's not a superhero though (that side of the character would get pony treatment later), and there were some things I changed, such as the relationship with her parents. Had to make her her own character. Pale colours are meant to go with the name, and also highlight her beauty.

Arcana - Dazzle was my main protagonist, Arcana was intended to by my main antagonist in the same fic. She was to be a tragic, redeemable antagonist. She does bad things, but there's something buried down there for Dazzle to retrieve. Her elitist/pretentious attitude and use of big words was meant to highlight her role as a villain and make her kind of venomous. I had to temper her some to get her approved for RP, but really she's much the same (which makes her hard to use sometimes). For colours, I mostly just went with dark. She also has the whole magician motif going, which is what the witch hat and scarf are about.

Verity Essence - again a result of lore reading; REIN intrigued me, even if the REA documents said little about it. Decided I wanted a pony spy. Ended up being a zebra spy, just to shake things up. Make for an interesting story for her, as she's so entirely not Zecora/traditional Unyasi. She has a very modern attitude, and a real cool to her, which was something I didn't have much at that point. Her colours, in retrospect, are quite loud, especially for a spy. I wanted something different than regular black/white stripes though, so I think I just picked one dark and one light colour and just went with it. I was focused on making a zebra who was unlike other zebras.

Sierra - at this point, I had three of each pony species, so I was focused on expanding into other species entirely. Dragons seemed cool, so I decided I wanted one. I kinda cheated here; I wanted a sharp, mature character but only teen and younger dragons were allowed. She really does act more like an adult than she should, especially perhaps for a dragon, but I think it works. Raised by a tough military pony, smaller than most dragons (something with benefits and drawbacks)... I think it comes together. I made her before Dragon Quest, but having seen how the teen dragons act there, I actually like what I did with her even more; she's a great contrast to them while also being distinct from Spike. Appearance wise, I went for rather bright feminine colours; they maybe don't suit her entirely, but I think they do reinforce her character some.

Steel Dagger - Dagger was my first male character. He was another invented for the fic, and was made to be Radiant's brother. He pretty clearly comes for the affable rogue character type, and really plays it pretty straight for the most part. He's a fun character for it though. Playful, wry, observant, sometimes a jerk, always full of himself... I tried to balance him right. For it he's still probably my favorite of my few male OCs. colours I wanted to be similar to his sister. White coat and red mane on her, became silver coat and orange mane. Mane was also made shaggy and unkempt to contrast Radiant's perfectly straight mane.

Vivid Flair - at one point there was talk of a pony superhero RP happening in the OOC section. This never happened, but it spurred me to make a character all the same. Vivid really kind of came from the other half of the same coin I took Snowfall from. Yeah, there's a lot of Batman in her; her convictions and her presenting herself as a "knight" come from there. I made her a little hammier than that to make it more fun though, and I changed the backstory up quite considerably. She's an engineer rather than in business (though she does work for Snowfall), so in that way she's more Iron Man. She's also a hippogriff, mostly because just why not. That there just makes her unique (arent' a lot of hippogriffs). The Noble Flair has a white/light motif, mostly just to contrast the whole Batman thing. Vivid's own colours were just picked I think because I didn't have a lot of red and brown coloured ponies. Not sure.

Damask Luster - like Dagger, Damask is a brother of Radiant who was created for the same fic. He contrasts Radiant in a different way, being peaceable and laid back. He's a musician and poet mostly because it stresses his difference from the rest of his family. Much like Dagger, his colours were also picked to match the family. I think I wanted a quieter, more romantic pony in the game to balance out some of my more out there concepts. Gold coat and pink-red mane, fits with the others.

Gray Lexis - another supporting character defined for my fic, but first considered back when I was making Spirit. The professor/scholar going on adventures things clearly plays to the whole Indiana Jones thing, but he's a little different from just that. He takes some from other crazy, unpredictable but wise old man characters. Really I wanted him to be pretty silly, and kind of a good natured troll, especially toward the filly he mentors. I wanted to come up with something highly different here, and of course also wanted something that would work and play off of Spirit well. As for his appearance, I think I mostly just went with grays because he's an older pony; maybe I had the name in mind first though and just went off that.

Serendipity - this was a character inspired by Las Pegasus being introduced as a setting (though curiously I've never played her there). Her character came from a number of sources. I think I took her free spirit, strange fascinations, general peppiness and willful inability to hold her tongue from Tales of Graces' Pascal, since I was playing that at a time. I made her much cattier and self-concerned though, as well as a lot more concerned with her looks. Ultimately I wanted her to be more unlikable than likable, especially at first when you don't know her and how she thinks. For her appearance, I think it just suited her to have a soft coloured coat and a darker mane. Not sure why.

Starless Shroud - this character came from a want to participate in the Pony Pirate Project QuickLime had going. This project was pretty clearly meant to be more fun pirates, but for her Starless I wanted a character more legitimately vicious (but not too a point that would ill fit WoE). She was to be just a regular crew member, not one filling a specialty, so I wanted her to be the sort to quietly conspire and let herself go unnoticed by the rest. Cerberus is in her backstory entirely because of where Tartaurs was placed on the map, and she has an eyepatch just because it's piratey. Much of the backstory is just there to make her suitably tough and mean. I just wanted bold colours for her, especially when I decided on her name.

Heh... That took a while. I really do have lots of ponies. :razz:

Oh my, I almost forgot; I wrote up an entire blog post all about the inspiration behind my first OC Spin Tale and how I've used him in RP. I plan on giving the blog treatment to all my other RP characters in due time. ;)

Silly me didn't see that the OP asked about more than cutie marks for OCs.

I have a few OC's but only 2 accepted ones so far. Aside from Rain Leaf, almost all of my characters started out with a personality and an appearance. I then would come up with a job and a CM. I am awful when it comes to pony names so that is usually the last thing I come up with. Almost all of my characters are from a fic that never got off the ground where they all knew each other. This kind of carried over for some of them. Let's get started!

Rain Leaf- This character started out as my ponysona. I based A LOT of him off of myself. I quickly learned how bad that was when I read the rules and distanced myself from the character, allowing him to develop into a character of his own. This was all before I made the application for him. I decided to go for a more timid character since that was the only type I knew at the time. His original name was something along the lines of Dew Drop or Mist Vine. I wanted him in Ponyville but I was unable to put him in the town as a resident so I decided to move him out towards the Everfree which would have also put him near his work. I knew next to nothing about botany at the time and I figured that it would have been a pretty neat thing to learn about. That is where his cutiemark comes from. I actually learned a lot about the subject while I created him. His cat, Yarrow, is based off of my own cat.

Ember Heart- I don't know why I created this character. He was a character in a failed fic I was writing but, he was only a small character that showed up for a few moments. I guess I just liked the way he looked and acted. He was designed to be a calm and collected OC. I really wanted a unicorn because I thought that magic would be fun to work with(It was!) and I also wanted a pony from the southern region. His appearance was originally black but I have settled on a slightly lighter colour due to a complaint about MSing it (There are black horses in the world..........). His talent is his ability to calm and comfort those in danger when they are scared or panicking. The whole search and rescue thing came from me wanting to have a heroic pony that would still fit in the world of Equestria. I plan on refining his occupation soon but for now he is just a volunteer.

Torrent- Haha, this character... I think I have apped for him 3 times so far and each time the app has failed because I just couldn't settle on what kind of back story I wanted to give him. He is Rain Leaf's cousin and part of the Fillydelphia weather team. His cutie mark is a dark storm cloud with a bolt of lightning through it. His talent is dealing with the harsher weather. I haven't really chosen which backstory to use for him so he will probably sit in limbo for a while. He is supposed to be a cocky, outgoing stallion that still abides by the rules and safety guidelines. All of his back stories have him turning from an immature punk into a responsible adult. I might start up another app for him eventually because I really like the character.

Silvermist- I really don't know why I haven't apped for her yet. She is a confident, eager, young mare who wants to join the Wonderbolts. She is Rain Leaf's sister and Ember Heart's friend. Her cutie mark comes from her occupation which is the same as her cousin. I really can't say much more about her other than I wanted a show-off character.

All of the other characters I have are either incomplete or don't have CM's. Hmm, I don't think I really answer your question...

My two main OC's:

Midnight Blackhorn: The one I put my logical, cynical side into. He's a writer, which is one of my talents, and very intelectual. Always curious, always learning, always working. That's one side of me.

Stardust: I have always related to female characters more for some reason, which is why Stardust is female. Stardust represents a more humorous, more light-hearted side of me. She is almost always relaxed, and loves to preform, but gets really nervous when preforming in front of others, thinking she won't be good enough. She represents my insecurities as a whole. She also represents one path I hope to take in life: Music. To be honest between the two of them, I prefer to RP as Stardust, but it depends on my mood some days. I've been told she is too close to Rainbow Dash, but while Rainbow Dash is a small influence on some things about her (the fact she's a pegesus) her personallity is dramaticly different in the sense that she doesn't like to lead, or ironicly be put in the spotlight. She's fine where she is.

[colour=#FF0000](Warning: This post goes kinda deep, actually xD)[/colour]

..If you put together all of my characters.. You get me. :D

I breathe a little bit of my own life into my characters, but I do it in different ways every time. Sometimes I'll have a personality trait that I really like, or I'm stuck on a certain mood, or I'll even make characters based off of some of my personal beliefs! I have about 9 characters maybe, but I'll only tell you about a couple, just so that I don't bore you to death or anything :)

[colour=#008080]Licorice Black[/colour]

F_licorish_Werkin_oneet.jpg

Licorice and her family are fortune tellers, who travel all around Equestria in the Black family caravan reading hoofs and selling potions. Licorice is different from her folks, though, because they don't actually believe in fortune telling, they just do it to profit. Licorice, however, really does believe the things that she's communicating to others, and won't take money for readings. She's very flirtatious, outgoing, and just a blast to be around.

Now, I know what you're thinking.. So you're a gypsy?! Well.. No, as cool as that would be, I am not. :lol: Licorice is actually a really big metaphor for how I feel about religion. You see, as ridiculous as that may sound, I've seen quite a few people who just use religion in order to profit themselves, and really don't live godly lives at all, and it really got to me, because I disagree with it so strongly. There was actually one particular instance where a pastor that I really trusted stole money straight from my pocket while I was sleeping, and that really hurt me. (I'm not hating on anybody or anybody's beliefs, I know that there are good one's out there as well, this was just my experience :halo: ) So, that's where Licorice's parent's beliefs come from. Only, instead of it being religion, it's about a different debatable subject, one in which I'm sure that some people use only for profit as well: Fortune telling. Licorice herself is like me. I'm no longer a religious person, although the rest of my family is, so Licorice and I both differ from our families in beliefs, and both disapprove. She doesn't take money for her readings because she sees her family's wrong doings, and she doesn't want to be like them. At the time, I seemed to be getting called a flirt a lot, soo, that's where Licorice's flirty side came from :blush: I really don't think that I'm much of a flirt at all, but.. It sure is fun to play a character who is one! I'm generally very outgoing and happy go lucky, and because I wanted her to be fun, I made her the same way. And THAT'S how Licorice was made! C: Also, it MAY have helped that I really like the show "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" xD

...And just for fun, and because I love her so much and like sharing, more pictures! :>

gallery_5368_573_66204.jpg

lico_and_bonesy_DONE_fffffyeah_profile.jpg

Like_A_Genie_this_works_too.jpg

[colour=#800080]"Shade" Britches[/colour]

Shadeyyyyy.jpg

A writer at heart, and a rebel by choice, Shade tends to keep to herself when at her (and her parents') Canterlot home. Her father, Rainbow Dancer, (Big guy, concert bouncer who has like, a BAZILLION tattoos on his arm) is very over protective of her. She blames him for her name because, although he's never directly said it, she was sure he was unhappy with his own. She tries to act as he feels she should in front of him, but as soon he turns his back, she just does as she pleases. She's great with emotions, helping others who are down yet often hiding her own. Shade also keeps a diary with her, in which she writes all of her deepest darkest secrets! :kissy:

I'm also just an overly sheltered kid who would really like to leave home, but just isn't quite at that point in life yet. Now, this next part is going to sound bad and I know it, but like Shade, I go behind my parents backs when I don't agree with them about things. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect my parents very much, but I feel that I'm definitely old enough to handle many things in life that they just don't agree with. (Again, overprotected :razz:) One awesome example is the time that Shade had a penpal, who was also a girl, that she started having feelings for. She knew that her father would never approve, and she ran away to go stay with her in Appaloosa, (Shade lives in Canterlot) but decided that her friend really wasn't as awesome in real life, and came back home and got in a BUNCH of trouble for it. Well, that sort of happened to me, only different.

Here's Shade on her way to go see her penpal C:

Shadey_Train.jpg

There was this guy that I liked who my mum didn't think I should be seeing. (My parent's are divorced and I live with my mum generally) So, wanting to at least get to know him more, I just went and stayed with my dad for a day, who was cool with me seeing him. (He wasn't a bad guy, my mum just wasn't okay with it.. For religious reasons, actually! Funny how everything connects..) Anyway, I gave him a chance and just ended up not liking him so much, and I was just about to go back home before I got this call from her. My mum just told me that she knew everything and yelled at me about it for awhile. I couldn't even get a word in! Not long after that, she shut off my cell service. She had every right, considering that she paid for it, but I was still very surprised. Because my dad's really isn't the best place for me to be staying and I was sort of afraid to go home and face my mum after that, I just house hopped around friends' places for awhile. About a week later I came home, and I was in a lot more trouble than I originally thought I'd be! I probably should've just went home like I was going to after the call, but I didn't. :sleep:

Lol, it so wasn't worth it. xD But at the same time, what if he did end up being really cool? What if I ended up really liking this guy? I never would've known if I'd never went. So, Shade is partially a product of my belief that just because a person is in authority, doesn't mean that they're always right. People are just people, ponies are just ponies, and nobody is perfect. Parents aren't always correct, and may be over protective, but they always do what they do out of love. Because of the whole parent thing, and because I love my mum so much, I actually gave Shade a lot of my mum's traits, which is why Shade is so artistic and creative, and loves coffee so much! Now about the whole emotions thing.. That's sort of just how I was at the time. I was really not having a very good home life at all, but I didn't tell any of my close friends that. They usually end up coming to me for problems though, when they'd like to talk about something, and I always love helping my friends out :D So I did! Yet, I still chose not to burden them with my own troubles.

Shade's diary isn't the most private thing, as much as she would like it to be. Well, neither are my secrets. xD Both my character and I have since learned that it's best to just always be open about things from the start with people, as it's gotten her into some trouble sometimes when people read it, or how I get into bad situations at times when my own secrets get out. Shade actually started just being really honest in one rp, and actually just let another character read her diary when she decided that she was just done hidings. Lol, she doesn't let like, everybody though. That's how I do with things, too. Many people, it would be awkward to just state random things that one would write in a diary, but if it comes up, I'll just be honest! I love Shade, because I really grew with her in a way. :blah:

More Shade! (Just cuz I love her ^^)

8z_Gz_E.jpg

e_KCZz.jpg

bannersize_banner1.jpg

gallery_3314_562_513947.jpg

SHADEY_SKETCH_profile_pic.jpg

[colour=#ff0000]There's a fire inside of everybody, a spark of inspiration.. You just gotta personify it and let it out! :>[/colour]

Oh! Another thing that you can do is just make up a character by playing in free for all and just defining them as you go by their actions and choices. That's what I did with Licorice, believe it or not! :3

Also, another little tip is that your characters don't have to be you at all! They're yours, you can do whatever you want with them! ^^ Star, my main character for example, loves breakfast food. I personally don't like any breakfast foods. I'm actually very different from her, even if I go by her name on here. xD

im planning on actually making an app for broken chords, but he is pony that loves all types of music and even creates some on the side, his father is in the canterlot guard, and his mother takes care of him and his brother.

its kinda like me, besides i like mainly EDM/Dubstep and or house, and i dont make music (yet :P) and i have no parents, so that about sums it up.

Heart came from the realisation that - although my personal calling and love in life was computers and everything about them - I had become the de-facto romantic guru in my group of friends. How, I am not entirely sure, but then I realised that the personality that full-time romantic advice would need was one I'd be interested in exploring.

And then Heart came into my head, and the rest is history.

OCs? OCs are a forte to me! When I create a character, I have a planned concept around them, I make the character, then I come up with everything else based on that! After all, one thing I've learned is that you can tell a lot about a person by their posture, and their apparel! Let's take a look at an example.

ApisALT.png

Well, what can we divine about Senyor Apis, my main OC, just from his appearance? His face, firstly, gives a very serene disposition, somepony who is calm and difficult to rile up! We can also pick up, from his subtle posture, a bit of humility, meaning he isn't one to boast often about himself! This, plus the youthful and demure hairstyle (manestyle?) winds up to a very mellow personality on the whole. Add the vest and posture with the hooves, and you get the idea that this is a pony with a sense of simple elegance, with a distinctive sense of style, the hat and the puffed tail being indicators of this. Those glasses of his are pretty small, but paired with the mustache, and they make him look both wise and rather affluent!

Indeed, all of these things are the case. He is a pony born from a wealthy family, and while he keeps his sense of style, he does not take pleasure in boasting about his wealth, and rather enjoys a quiet lifestyle around calm scenery! Take whatever else from the pic you want, but I think this proves a point, when you're building a character, just how much you can do simply based on the pose and apparel!

Now my OC is basically the roleplaying character I've played through various forms of roleplay, that of the mad scientist Doctor Mechano. Now being a mad scientist he can use SCIENCE! to breech dimensions so he has ended up in all sorts of places but still the same character.

The rules of 'reality' abhorr anything non-conforming to the standards of that universe, so in something like Champions Online or the Mutants and Masterminds tabletop game he remains the same, since mad scientists are pretty **** well common in those setting but say he leaps to...Guild Wars 2 (which he has done), then reality will go "right...that isn't normal in the slightest, got to sort that out!" and will say, turn him into an Asuran (who are known for being mad scientists in Guild Wars 2)...reality also has a cruel sense of humor so will occasionally "screw with him", so he won't always be a he, sometimes he will be a she, sometimes he will be an 'it' but his personality will fundamentally be the same.

However I can't use him for Mane RP, evil ponies just don't exist in Equestria and technology is nowhere near the level he would require (even Guild Wars 2 is technically more advanced technology wise than Equestria despite it being a fantasy universe) so instead I altered his premise to become a seperate character, Professor Cogsworth. A loud, kind Professor of a more steampunk persuasion, eccentric rather than flat out mad.

Plug alert: Pathfinder is actually SteelEagle's totally awesome OC, but I've written down everything you've ever wanted to know about our resident Daring Do fanatic in this blog article. Expect more features on Canterlot OCs in the coming weeks. ;)

All of my OC's are aspects of myself in some way or another...Lilia, who was my first, is studious and determined to do things right, even at her own personal cost. Cherry, Lilia's twin, is fun and sweet, but has a streak of rebel in her. Sandy loves the waters of the Bay and can't stand to see it covered in debris. Shadowe is the innocence of youth, despite being blind. Cosmo is....well, she is what I've wanted to be: far more fashion forward and assertive. Hope is the creativity that comes from deep within. Charming Masquerade is the one that best represents the path I've chosen to walk. If he gets approved: Thunder Struck, the hopeless romantic that likes sewing projects in his spare time.

Sadly, I am all of the above mixed together...and it's hard to not love each character for the bits of me that they represent. Though their ideas were based off of other ideas in my head when they came to be (mostly, it was finding a look that matched the story that was hard!)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

well, with nala she was just a mere think on the spot sorta thing. though if I had to have inspiration for her, it would have to be the MTG commander box Built From Scratch, since it uses allot of artifacts and tools, which nala uses. now shadow rush, I made her after watching a walkthrough of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. shadow rush is a shadow clone of Rainbow Dash. now Walt White, I have no idea how I made him. i think i made him based on a character on Pirate101. he is the only known pony to have access to gunpowder, since he built a town ontop of a saltpeter deposit. though walt can be very aggressive, not letting any non-earth ponies into his town. he had a rough life cause of royalty oppression and he thinks that pegasi and unicorns are royalty.

• 4 weeks later...

My OC's are all in my signature, but all of their personalities are based of parts of my personality.

Agile-I relate most to Agile.  We are quite similar in terms of personality and some forms of our histories (although his is obviously more fantastical than mine). 

Marine-He's stubborn, resilient, persistent, perseverant, mentally strong, and occasionally an absolute idiot.  Just like me.

Steam-Steam and I are quite similar in terms of work habits.  Both of us are hard-working and aspire to stand near the top.  We both have problems concerning the priorities of our interests (although mine are less intense as her moneyxfamily problem).

Candles-I relate least to this OC, but I she was the first one that I came up with.  Our histories have no similarities, but I suppose our personalities have some similarities.  Both of us prefer to listen sometimes rather than speak.  We are very observant of all that surrounds us, and are amazing liars (not one of my bragging traits, but it's true-I can whip up an extremely believable story). 

Starry-I am known to own quite an eccentric personality, with interesting tastes in fashion and design.  I'm very original and creative, my OC and I sharing our the unique traits of our personality.  People often underestimate me of my abilities, seeing me unable to complete or "take" to simple things they wish to proceed with-when I have actually faced much harder or fierce battles before.