Be in two places at once?

ping111

Good day, old chaps!

I'm currently in a couple RP's, but I've made as much effort as possible to make sure that they can all happen at the same time, by showing my characters travelling from one RP to the next.

However, this effort now has me in a bit of a juxtaposition for my latest roleplay.

One one hand, I want to have the more enriching experience of WoE players, but on the other hand, I just want to have a shorter event for fun. I was wondering if it was against or within the rules to be at multiple places at once? Obviously, I could say the event took place in the past, but it kind of revolves around the friends my OC's made over her "life".

Thanks for any help!

Your characters are welcome to be in as many Roleplays at once as you like! Since each thread occurs at a different time and place, obviously the events of one won't clash with another. I like to say that whichever thread was started first, happened first to my character. So when you do multiple threads at once with a character, just decide which threads have come before, and which might come after.

But yeah, anything that occurs in a thread in the World of Equestria Roleplay affects your character's history. Like, for example, I play as Princess Luna. She got a letter from some ponies in the AMA: Princess Edition thread. Later, she happened to run into those same ponies in Ponyville. Both of those threads are going on on the same time on the board, but the second thread where she meets them probably didn't occur in Luna's life timeline until a few weeks or months after. But since she was introduced to them in a thread that obviously occurred earlier, she knew who they were.

Is that helpful?

We strongly encourage RP continuity in the World of Equestria. It's right in the title that it's about presenting a whole world to explore and develop, and continuity between threads can be key to allowing this. That said, there is no way for us to regulate or monitor continuity and really no reason for us to want to either. Keeping it sorted out or not is entirely the job of the player. As such, it is entirely appropriate to put your character in as many threads as you like at the same time but entirely up to you to sort out how it all fits together for your character and his/her relationships. :)

• Like 2