A Canterlot Christmas 2012 (Closed)

PIJIN

CanterlotChristmasBanner2_zps7fe23f25.png?t=1354967344

[colour=#282828]Hello citizens of Canterlot! As I'm sure you all know, Christmas is just around the corner and you know what that means? Lots and lots of holiday cheer! But what's Christmas without one of the most important parts, a little artistic gift giving![/colour]

[colour=#282828]Good ol' Santa Hooves has just informed me that he's getting into the artistic spirit and drawing all the good little fillies and colts something special this Christmas, and I'm going tell you how you can get in on this season of giving![/colour]

• To be eligible for a gift from Santa all you have to do is drop a few lines about what you want. Be sure to include as much detail as possible about your requested piece!
  • Your request MUST be Christmas themed in some way. All non-Christmas-y request will not be filled or even looked at by Santa Hooves. You will be asked for revisions to your request if they do not meet the criteria.
  • The thread will be open for a week, Starting December 3rd and ending December 9th so be sure to get in while you can. All of your request will be sent to Santa Hooves as soon as the thread closes!
  • One request per person, please!
  • Of course, make sure you've ALL been good little fillies and colts this year! (Or you'll get a drawing with a big fat black piece of coal on it)

[colour=#282828]So What are you waiting for!? Santa Hooves is waiting for all your request![/colour]

[colour=#282828]Request:[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- PhilTheTimeWizard: Hearths Warming Outing[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- Bellosh101: A Winter Ensemble[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- Riverhippo: Sleepy Snow Angels[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- Flutterscotch: Chortle with Glee[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- QuickLime: Harvest Night[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- Conor Colton: A Coffee Shop Chirstmas[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- NemisisPon3: An Awkward Moment[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- LordGecy: Then There Were Two[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- SonicRainBoomGirl: Santa's Little Helpers[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- WhiteFeather: How cute![/colour]

[colour=#282828]- DiegoDeLaVega: Battle of a Life Time[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- MidnightBlackhorn: Waiting for Santa Hooves[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- StarBuster: A Delightful Surprise![/colour]

[colour=#282828]- Doc Hoof MD: One Rainy Hearths Warming Day[/colour]

[colour=#282828]- StarStorm: Behold my Snow pony![/colour]

[colour=#282828]- MyLittlePonyTales: Resting by the Fire[/colour]

- Diego Havoc: I'll Spend it with You...

- ArcadePerfect: No More Gamers - Gamers Paradise

- WhiteSlash: Christmas Carol Rock

- hinata2000100: A Fluttershy Christmas

- Davroth: Full of Holiday Cheer

- Shame: ...But I'll Spend it Alone.

Needs Revision:

- HarringtonSleuth

Edited by ClairDeLaSoul
  • Like 8

Hmm, Christmas themed request? Sure, I'm in. I'll even be more specific than I usually am with requests. ;)

I'd like you to draw my OC Snowfall and her fillyfriend, SteelEagle's OC Pathfinder, on a pleasant Hearth's Warming Eve date. An outdoor scene, snowscape with them at the foot of a tall Christmas tree perhaps. Snowfall should be dressed warmly (in a thick, dark luxurious coat of some sort perhaps; maybe even a hat; you decide what she wears exactly); Pathfinder should just be wearing her usual Daring Do outfit. Snowfall should have a look of confidence; Pathfinder should be kind of flustered and shy. They should be close together, sharing a certain intimacy with one another to give a romantic vibe (I'll leave the specifics there to the artist; do what feels right with them and make it cute. :)).

Hope that's good. If any further details are needed, just ask. ;)

[colour=#222222]

Pathfinder should also have socks. A gift from Snowfall. Pathfinder is confused, but Snowfall knows what's up.

[/colour]

Also give Steel what he wants! :)

Christmas request eh? Well, I'll make the most of it: I'd like to see a pic of Twilight Sparkle in an winter ensemble with my character Dr. Spin Tale (see here and here for reference material) decked out in winter clothing of his own (give him at least a scarf; other details I'll leave up to you). Twilight should be levitating a mistletoe in front of her and have a forehoof on her chin, looking as if she's mischievously contemplating something. By her side, Spin Tale should be giving off an "are you kidding me?" vibe. Do what you must to make everything look as humorous and cute as possible. :P

PS: Hooray for Pathfinder/Snowfall fanart! <3

• Like 1

Awesome!

I would like to make a request. I would like to see my cute little colt OC Remington make a snow angel (pony?) in the snow. He's a cute little pegasus blank flank and he's always falling asleep at the randomness of times because he suffers from narcolepsy. I suppose falling asleep while making a snow angel would not be out of the question. ;) He wears a watch at all times, and will probably sport some sort of scarf, otherwise he's naked.

EDIT: lol, i just realized the irony of Remington making a snow angel. I mean, he's already a pegasus. However you choose to execute what this looks like, LM, im sure its going to be cuteness overload ;)

Hello, SantaClair,

This year for Christmas i would like a lovely portrait of Unicornelius with mistletoe and as many mares as you feel like drawing, especially including Quicklime, and maybe Rosewind (because she will love that) lining up to smooch him, if you would dear Santa. I am pretty sure that Quicklime herself is "taken", but that makes it funnier to me. Watch as a chortle with glee Christmas morning to find this under my tree.

Ugly Christmas sweaters as a bonus if you so choose. And if you can manage to make the background, if you are up to drawing a background like the godawful Christmas scene from The Who's Tommy (which you might have to google a video of if you want to go that far into ridiculous) the laughter will be doubled.

I am on my stupid iPad and it's being dumb so:

Unicornelius:http://www.canterlot.com/topic/11527-unicornelius-the-great-final/

And if you choose to include them (yes they will both laugh when they see this, although Rosie might get revenge on me)

Quicklime:

Rosewind: http://www.canterlot.com/gallery/image/1901-rosewinds-oc/. OR pinkie.

Xoxoxoxoxox

-scotchie.

• Like 2

Hmm, Christmas themed request? Sure, I'm in. I'll even be more specific than I usually am with requests. ;)

I'd like you to draw my OC Snowfall and her fillyfriend, SteelEagle's OC Pathfinder, on a pleasant Hearth's Warming Eve date. An outdoor scene, snowscape with them at the foot of a tall Christmas tree perhaps. Snowfall should be dressed warmly (in a thick, dark luxurious coat of some sort perhaps; maybe even a hat; you decide what she wears exactly); Pathfinder should just be wearing her usual Daring Do outfit. Snowfall should have a look of confidence; Pathfinder should be kind of flustered and shy. They should be close together, sharing a certain intimacy with one another to give a romantic vibe (I'll leave the specifics there to the artist; do what feels right with them and make it cute. :)).

Hope that's good. If any further details are needed, just ask. ;)

Pathfinder should also have socks. A gift from Snowfall. Pathfinder is confused, but Snowfall knows what's up.

• Like 1

Dear Santa Hooves, I'v been a very good pony this year and want something different..

I would like to see Harvest in a Christmas themed Gala dress , the design of the skirt is up to you but I would like the front to be a v shaped top that drapes over the shoulders softly that's semi transparent, with a broach in the center that should be something pretty and silver, the actual fabric being green, the rest of the dress in greens, reds, and silver

Finally I'd like a sprig of mistletoe tucked behind her ear, her hair done in a lovely style similar to Rarity's short hairdo in the new Pinkie episode and for her to be in a pose similar to this

MFXJy.jpg

Here is an example of the shape I want her collar

Cosplay__Belle_by_Adella.jpg

Last edit I swear, this is what I'd like the silver broach to look like

silver-brooch-before-platin.jpg

lol, i just realized the irony of Remington making a snow angel. I mean, he's already a pegasus. However you choose to execute what this looks like, LM, im sure its going to be cuteness overload ;)

Aww man I love Christmas! :D

Okay, dear Santa Hooves.

For my request I would very much appreciate a pic of my ponysona here, sitting in Pony Joe's coffee shop in Canterlot, with my two OCs, Dawn and Colton here

Y6lyG.jpg

All three of them, sitting at a table beside a big window that looks out over Canterlot. My ponysona being on the right and the OCs on the left, as if he's catching up with them after not seeing them for a while. All three of them would be wearing Christmas oriented clothes, like say Colton (Left one) had a winter coat and Dawn (Right one) had a scarf and some red and black earmuffs, and my ponysona would of course be wearing a santa hat, I couldn't have Christmas without that :D All three of them have a steamy drink and a few plates of doughnuts on the table, some already eaten and just look content with the holiday season.

BUT!

There's one more thing, I don't want to just make a request for the sake of me and my OCs, oh now, I would like you, Clair, to splurge on this one. Remember I said they were by a window that looked over Canterlot? I would like you to include one thing, a big Christmas tree at the end of the street they can see from that window, and after that, I want you to go nuts. Put whatever you want in there that's Christmas, Canterlot and pony related. Cast characters, random OCs, heck even other people's ponysona's or possibly even references to these other requests (I.e seeing little figures of Phil's request on that tree I mentioned) I just want this to be a big old cheery, Christmas-ey picture that references to this site, it's people, and of course the show that spawned it, along with what I mentioned before the "BUT".

I completely understand if you'd wanna just keep it to the coffee shop scene, 'cause that's really understandable, practically everything past the "BUT" is entirely up to you on how you wanna do it. Although the Christmas tree would still look cool there too ;)

If you need any further details or want to talk about it more rationally ('cause Lord knows I never do that :razz:) then feel free to message me.

Thank you for your consideration :)

Love, Conor Colton

<3

Dear Santa Hooves,

I've been an awfully good filly this year. Much too good in my opinion. How many artists are in on this thing? Thank you for bringing joy to the land of Canterlot!

How about Lightning Dancer and Black Moon as Christmas elves? Maybe even making toys? Maybe a stock of mistletoe above their unsuspecting heads? Fully grown, please. :D

Lightning Dancer's application is filled to the brim with pictures of her, and some feature Blackie.

Black moon is a blue stallion with darker blue mane and eyes. It's cut in an angular sort of fashion, slightly curled with a long curl curving onto his face. His jaw is like Celestia's in that odd pear-shape kinda thing.

Dear Santa Hooves,

I would simply like a picture of my character, Harrington, on a Hearth's Warming Eve visit to Canterlot. Maybe while he's getting the evil eye from a royal guard or two. He should be in a black snow cap and a festive green sweater. The uglier, the better. He should also be somewhat close to the entrance of the theater where the Hearth's Warming Eve pageant takes place. I would also like if he appeared a bit nervous and wary of the watching guards if you so choose to include them. A slight frost on the wings wouldn't be bad either. Any other sort of awkward or frantic situation to add to his nerves you can think of would be appreciated.

I also want the Dallas Cowboys to get a playoff spot.

Signed,

It's-a me, Mario! H.S.

Dear Santa Hooves,

I would simply like a picture of my character, Harrington, on a Hearth's Warming Eve visit to Canterlot. Maybe while he's getting the evil eye from a royal guard or two. He should be in a black snow cap and a festive green sweater. The uglier, the better. He should also be somewhat close to the entrance of the theater where the Hearth's Warming Eve pageant takes place. I would also like if he appeared a bit nervous and wary of the watching guards if you so choose to include them. A slight frost on the wings wouldn't be bad either. Any other sort of awkward or frantic situation to add to his nerves you can think of would be appreciated.

I also want the Dallas Cowboys to get a playoff spot.

Signed,

It's-a me, Mario! H.S.

I don't really see how getting the evil eye is really in the "Hearth's Warming Spirit" How about changing your request a bit, please. :)

Yes. This works for me. :lol:

Would you mind putting that in your original post? Just so I can keep everything together.

Everyone else!

Your request are a'okay and I'll make sure they get to Santa Hooves post haste!

Dear Santa hooves,

Hello! She's been a good filly this year but could you maybe draw pepperjack in an awkward mistletoe mishap where pepper is backing away from an overly zealous Orion comet? in front of a warm welcoming fireplace with a Christmas tree in the corner covered in pony ornaments and twilights cutie mark as the tree topper if its visible XD if you need pics or anything gimme a holler! I feel bad asking such a... Well... Precise piece... Anyways thank you! And Mare-y Christmas! yours truly, Lordgecy

post-4483-0-63218400-1352684027_thumb.pn

theres pepper and heres orion!

1001089_1334337171552_full.jpg

• Like 1

Dear Santa hooves,

Hello! She's been a good filly this year but could you maybe draw pepperjack in an awkward mistletoe mishap where pepper is backing away from an overly zealous Orion comet? in front of a warm welcoming fireplace with a Christmas tree in the corner covered in pony ornaments and twilights cutie mark as the tree topper if its visible XD if you need pics or anything gimme a holler! I feel bad asking such a... Well... Precise piece... Anyways thank you! And Mare-y Christmas! yours truly, Lordgecy

Don't worry! Its not overly specific or anything. Although its customary to post your references at the moment of requesting. Santa Hooves is getting up there in age, its hard to remember what everypony in Equestria looks likelike and he needs his references, so those would be much appreciated! Just edit your first post with the refs please! :)

Cool! Edited Steel's bit into my post. :)

Thanks! ;)

Oh don't thank me, thank Santa Hooves! I'm just his Messenger pony

Santa Hooves.. What a nice thing to do for everybody Clair! This thread is way cool! I'm really excited to see some of these pieces =D

Thanks! But it isn't me doing the work, Santa Hooves is the artist this time! XD Why not drop a few lines for a request? Its open to any and all! :)

If you're being so kind actually, dear Santa, perhaps I'll burden you with one of my visions...

I thought about an image of Ardent Will having a fort-snowball fight with 2 Royal Guards in order to gain control of an xmas tree filled with presents labeled "From Celestia". I don't care about the exact details. All I'd like to see is their determined and stern expressions, implying that it's the most important fight they've had throughout their entire life, while they're throwing snowballs. And, of course, they all should be wearing their armors. After all, it's the MOST important fight. MOST! :D

Here's a little reference I drew when I was completely bored and still believed I could draw:

xlb1af.png

Anyway, I'm glad that LM... I mean... CDLS... Okay, I don't know who I mean in the end, but still, that one of them is in process of fulfilling request concerning Rising Star, therefore if it would be too much of a weight to lift, feel free to drop the idea :)

[colour=#008080]Ok [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Santa[/colour][colour=#ffffff]Love[/colour][colour=#008080], I request [/colour][colour=#ffffff]KindleFire[/colour][colour=#008080] & [/colour][colour=#ffffff]AutumnMoon [/colour][colour=#008080]cuddling under the [/colour][colour=#ffa07a]mistletoe[/colour][colour=#008080]. Make sure [/colour][colour=#ffffff]KindleFire [/colour][colour=#008080]has socks, because socks are cute. [/colour] :(

[colour=#008080]That's as descriptive as I can be, [/colour][colour=#fff0f5]I[/colour][colour=#ff0000]not[/colour][colour=#ffffff]a[/colour][colour=#ff0000]good[/colour][colour=#ffffff]writer[/colour][colour=#008080].[/colour]

[colour=#008080]Ok [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Santa[/colour][colour=#ffffff]Love[/colour][colour=#008080], I request [/colour][colour=#ffffff]KindleFire[/colour][colour=#008080] & [/colour][colour=#ffffff]AutumnMoon [/colour][colour=#008080]cuddling under the [/colour][colour=#ffa07a]mistletoe[/colour][colour=#008080]. Make sure [/colour][colour=#ffffff]KindleFire [/colour][colour=#008080]has socks, because socks are cute. [/colour] :(

[colour=#008080]That's as descriptive as I can be, [/colour][colour=#fff0f5]I[/colour][colour=#ff0000]not[/colour][colour=#ffffff]a[/colour][colour=#ff0000]good[/colour][colour=#ffffff]writer[/colour][colour=#008080].[/colour]

How cute! :3

Oh, how silly of me! Well it sure is nice of you to tell Santa Hooves everyone's requests for us! ;) Could you deliver a message to him for me Clair? :3

Dear Santa Hooves, I would like a picture of Star Storm out in the snow, wearing a scarf, (preferably red and green but whatever looks best) building a snowpony :) I know that you stalk us all like crazy, even watching us sleep at night and somehow magically knowing if we've been naughty or nice, so you probably already know Star pretty well, but just in case, here are a couple of references.

Star_Storm_Darkthe_Norsepony.jpg

You_Think_Im_Cute2.jpg

Also, here is her information ^^ Thank you Santa Hooves!! :D :D :D

Roleplay Type:

World of Equestria

Name:

Star Storm

Sex:

Female

Foal

Species:

Pegasus

Eye colour:

Yellow

Coat colour:

Medium blue

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

Mane and tail are jet black. Hair is big, like Vinyl Scratch's but without quite as many points. Tail is very short and spiky.

Physique:

Very thin, very short. She's a small pony.

Cutie Mark:

Not yet obtained, she has some growing up to do first

Origin/Residence:

Cloudsdale

Drop out

Motivation:

Star Storm would really like to improve her musical abilities, as she's still sort of new to her instrument. (Guitar) Other than that, she currently doesn't dream for much.. She might dream for a hoof to hold every once in awhile.. Mostly a better life. She's usually more concerned about trying to find a place to sleep that night.

Star Storm absolutely LOVES chocolate milk! She also likes punk rock and being petted or held. She likes when ponies believe her fibs. She loves calling ponies "Scamp" and using the word "Radical!"

Dislikes: (optional)

Star is really really really reeaaalllyyy afraid of the dark. She hates being caught in a lie. Also, she is really cautious around nerds or know-it-alls, because she can't trick them as easily as other ponies. She dislikes breaking her wings. (She tends to break them fairly often)

Character Summary:

Star was born into Equestria as a mere child of nature.. an orphan. She was adopted by a stallion who was never really there for her, and sort of learned some creative ways to get by, even resulting to thievery sometimes. She called him "Pap." She really enjoyed the freedom of not having too many rules to follow, but knows in her heart that she has no desire to stay there. That IS where she's staying for now, however. She has a grandmother who lives very close that loves her dearly. She used to sleep at her house quite a bit, and still does when she can't find a friend to stay with. In the past, Star Storms grandmother has invited her to move in with her, but Star just doesn't like how she tries to civilize her so much. Star Storm can be a bit of a rascal at times. Gramma Storm gave her three plastic glowy stars, which Star would take with her everywhere. She always puts them up wherever her current "home" is, and seeing as she believes that home is where the heart is, she'll sometimes leave them with a friend that she is currently apart from, sort of to symbolically say that her heart is still with them. (But only if she knows she'll get them back!) When she was a younger foal, she didn't attend flight school (or regular schooling, for that matter) very often because she just didn't want to wake up for it, and then when she DID go to either one, she'd tend to get in trouble.. And then she'd just get in even MORE trouble for not going. It got so bad that she eventually just decided to drop out. Star Storm is very street smart. She's very quick with her mind, and likes trying to get ponies to believe things that aren't true, just to see if she can do it. She can become sad about things fairly easily, but she's definately a character, because she can change gears in a heartbeat. She's not strong, emotionally nor physically, but she is always very loyal to those who are truely her friends.