S03 E06 - "Sleepless In Ponyville"

This is the official thread for information and chatting about the sixth episode of season 3 - "Sleepless In Ponyville"! The episode we have been waiting for since the debut of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the Scootaloo episode! The episode airs at (9:30am Central/10:30am Eastern).

This thread will not be locked and thus commenting is open as soon as you see this; remember though, there are spoilers in the comments section so read at your own risk if you haven't seen the episode! :blah:

Scootaloo is also available for RP; figure I would just plug. ;)

Scootaloo is so not chicken!

:halo:

chicken_by_iopichio-d4v895q.jpg

According to one of the show's staff members, there's going to be a "nerd out" moment in this episode. And perhaps in "Apple family reunion" and the season finale as well.

Some guesses are that it's Scoot's parents, AJ's parents and Alicorn Twilight respectively, and that their reveal will disappoint "nerds".

Just warning ya.

EDIT: Turns out this might have been an inside-joke with the member's fans.

According to one of the show's staff members, there's going to be a "nerd out" moment in this episode. And perhaps in "Apple family reunion" and the season finale as well.

Just warning ya.

I hope they don't do those just to do them but as sincere desire to make the universe better.

I really liked this episode. The last five minutes especially, Rainbow's promise to take Scootaloo under her wing like her little sister, the surprise Luna appearance (it's nice to see her teach a lesson for once), and the cuteness of the CMCs and resonance between AJ, RD, and Rarity.

The fancanon can rejoice on this one!

False alarm I guess (Concerning the "nerd out" moment)

I think this is the "least flawed" episode so far, but I haven't looked at it under scrutiny yet.

Or perhaps the nerd out moment was Luna entering a ponies dream, that's a pretty big thing in fan fictionn

Sensational episode!!!

Luna to the rescue!

Rarity camps the way a lot of humans do! :D :D

Great campfire stories except for one thing.... didn't like the insults towards OLD ponies!

As the RPer of Granny Smith, Mr. Waddle and Uncle Apple Strudel, I OBJECT to this!

Also LOVED the 'smart' Granny Smith cameo! YES!!!

Even the 'lesson' of this episode was a strong one: Face your fears

Glad I was home to watch THIS episode live!

One of the best this season!

:D :D :D

tumblr_mepz5wUc9A1qll9d0.jpg

This was done about 15 minutes after the episode.

Anyway, it was good. Not that good, but still good. I dunno, just not all that excited by it. I'm glad Scoots and Dash are closer now. I like Luna (yeah her voice did seem off) getting a bigger part. Rarity and Sweetie Belle were great this episode, even if Rarity was on maximum selfishness mode (getting your little sister to carry all your stuff for you? Really? As if making Spike do it wasn't enough?).

Yeah. Good, not great.

Scootaloo is easily my least favorite CMC and I really wasn't looking forward to this episode when I found out it was going to be focused around her. I was pleasantly surprised. Scootaloo finally gets some character development and learns a lesson that might be one of the most important yet! I liked it. Solid 4/5

I thought it was pretty neat that Luna had a part in this and the whole dream roaming thing is an awesome ability to give to the Princess of the Night. :Luna:

Heh. This one was really good, I thought.

Kinda surprising this was a debut ep from a new writer. It was paced very well I thought and the characters were written very well. if this is an indication of what Corey Powell brings to the show, I'm looking forward to more from her.

I loved Rarity. She is the best camper. Poor Sweetie; what did she expect inviting Rarity to go camping though? Love the reference to Sonic Rainboom, and Rarity's flushed and awkward expressions from it; I'm sure she thinks about Dash saving her all the time. ;) Not much in the way of other Dash-Rarity interactions though, which is mildly disappointing to me as a shipper.

That wasn't the focus though; Scootaloo was, and as the first real Scootaloo episode this one really served its purpose. It made me appreciate her quite a bit more. She's still probably third best CMC, but yeah, she was cute here and she learned a good lesson and seeing her and Dash bond in the end was really rather nice.

Luna's dream magic was a really exciting, interesting twist. I think it adds a lot to her character. It was also refreshing to see a princess give direct guidance to one of the ponies. Celestia is never so hoofs on with teaching her students. It was really nice to see them use Luna in this capacity and not just there as a nod to the fans or as star of her own episode. I hope she plays roles like this again.

So yeah, this was surprisingly good. Not quite on par with last week's brilliance, but I'd place it as a strong second place for season 3 so far. Good stuff! :)

Here are my totally unedited show notes that I took while watching it. Make what you will of it. Maybe you'll be able to match up my notes (which I took when the notable event happened) to scenes?

Show notes - S3E6

• Scootaloo does not have sisters - nor family

• Can COME, not can GO

• Guilt tripping ftw

• Sweetie :C faic

• NU RUNBO U KIL FLOOTERSHI TREZ

• Scootacopter? Good tranny tho

• Like the Quidditch Cup with that wizard tent

• RD's voice cracks like crazy - she's playing RD and AJ

• Madeleine Peters plays the insane role really well

• Hit the straw lul

• Teddy bears shouldn't exist - they were the result of Roosevelt's hunting trip

• Spinny derp faic, i liek

• What tells me we're going to see a lot of mismatched eyes?

• Wooona!

• RD, u snore y

• Scootaloo is now officially demented singer

• Is there a hum in here, eh? Timmy snowshoe potatoes Noofie eh?

• *twitch twitch*

• Rarity touching Sweaty Belle?

• Scootaloo, sleep by day, wake by night?

• Sleeping while driving - click it or ticket!

• Murray's day off?

• Did you just lose your scooter?

• Hindquarters - her butt is in the soil...

• Not sure if moral of the story is to be yourself or to avoid nightmares

• Silly Scoot, u no unicorn, u no get branchy

• Iroquois firebow?

• Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows… Welcome to Equestria

• Literal AJ is literal

• Shrimps' brain is in their chest, so shaddup

• OOOOAAAAAAAAATTSSSSSSSSSSSS

• I thought you were good at singing…

• Into the deeepeeeest recesses of her miiiiind

• WOOOOOOOONAAAAA

• Lucid dreams motherbucker

• Luna: Inception?

• Yep, she lost her scooter

• Pegasus ex machina much?

• SCOOTALOVE IS CANON

• Is that a Chanel logo?

• Thank you, have nice day

All in all, I give this episode 3/5. It was good story and animation, had a decent moral, and was really rather funny, and also lots of Woona, but I just don't think Scootaloo is a sufficiently developed personality yet. All we know is that she idolizes RD, but cannot fly.

Edited by ping111

Awesome episode was awesome!! My favorite Princess got some serious screen time and actually played a role instead of just being shoved in there. Also, her being the Goddess of dreams, YES! :D Also, Scootaloo being adopted by Rainbow Dash is now canon. I give this episode 8/10!

:Luna:

*sees luna*

*has stroke*

i really like how they FINALLY gave my favorite cmc some character development, and GOOD LORD this episode was full of cancer causeing adorableness. i loved it, the episodes are really only getting better!

"I said headless not brainless"

Another good episode, I thought. I'm sure my mum would be just like Rarity if she'd ever go on a camping trip again. And geez Rainbow Dash is such a hypocrite, telling ponies not to snore when she's the biggest snorer of the group. One last thing; how did RD know where to save Scootaloo? Did Luna invade RD's dreams too?

Overall, I give this episode a 4/5. Had fun watching it. :halo:

Interesting one.

• Sweetie Belle. That sad face she gave was Dawww....
  • Rarity and her method of "camping."
  • Scootaloo. I felt sorry about her fear of not being acceopted by Rainbow Dash, but i'm glad it worked out in the end.
  • Luna: I have a funny feeling that being the Princess of the Night she was associated with dreams, but this episode confirms it. Maybe this is the "nerd moment."
  • Rainbow Dash essenially "adopting" Scootaloo. Everypony needs a mentor in life, so what better one for Scoots than RD.