Updates for Future

Rainbolt

It's obviously a troll at work. Derpy has appeared in three out of six episodes this season; hardly a sign that she's being phased out.

Plus Derpy had a fairly prominent cameo in Issue #1 of the comic.

That's actually just an edit from a troll message back earlier this year (made for the sole purpose of creating arguments).

I think it was about Cadence back then.

You don't happen to have a link to this troll message, do you?

I'm calling this fake right now. I refuse to believe that Hasbro would risk its brony fanbase with such controversial decisions... And at the beginning of the message, the author says that "some of what I'm about to say could get me fired". I don't think a person would risk their job like that, assuming that this person is even involved with the production process.

But regardless of the message, we still have some time in S3, guys. It's only about halfway done. Let's not get worried about it just yet :)

Hasbro just released / will be releasing Derpy Hooves toys. Why would they cut her from the show if they're going to use the show to SELL toys according to this?

Why would an employee tell the fans such a big spoiler, and not mention any other details, like, at all? If Magic Duel was in the works almost 2 years ago, then all of Season 3's work is done, and news like this would have been brought up near the end of last year / early this year, not now.

They recycled pinklestia for Cadance, are they going to make a new Alicorn toy just for the already established Twilight Sparkle, whose toyline is already made, and selling? I can't see Uni/Ali Twilight selling very well on the same shelf, honestly.

A move like this would easily drop their profits a realistic 35%, even after the money they make from advertising toys with the show, the ywon't make this move.

I can't seem to find a name, a source, or anything. It's likely this was an image someone made for memebase, specfically. Because I haven't found anything else discussing it. Something this big would be on Equestria Daily, but it isn't.

But if this confirms Season 4, does that mean Season 4 WON'T happen if this is fake?

"Short of an overwhelming response from the fanbase..." Unless Hasbro are complete idiots who refuse to listen to any kind of reason, they HAVE been listening. The exclusive Hot Topic Derpy and Rainbow Dash toys, the Comic-Con Derpy, the new back pack that just came out that is reversible to Dash and Derpy... Hasbro is starting to cater toys to the older fanbase. Now, I assume the writer of this post means that Hasbro means to use the show to sell toys to kids. That aside, the older fanbase has ALREADY given an overwhelming response, as evidenced by the various conventions that have already occurred, and the ones that are still in the works, and all the fan merchandise and artwork that people have been making since the first episode. Hasbro has already seen what the adult fanbase is capable of. They don't need an overwhelming response, when they've already been responding to it.

Sounds to me like someone being very vague and stating already known facts (the overseas Alicorn poster thing has been called fake for a few months now, but is still under controversy) (a fourth season is coming) (we've seen less Derpy in season 3). There was this Tumblr user several months ago, who claimed to work on the show. They gave a BUNCH of leaks out about Season 3, all turned out to actually be faked. Yet they sounded confident, and made things just believable enough that people fell for it.

It seems like someone is just trying to cause drama among the fanbase, and case unnecessary backlash to fall upon Hasbro. Considering that this is coming from some, 'mysterious new crew member' on the show, the source isn't reliable at all. The people who work on the show have always been cool to the fans, AND Hasbro-not just because of their jobs, but probably out of respect too. They knew when they signed on that they would be subject to some things they wouldn't like from Hasbro. That's just the way things are. Sure, they can speak up on behalf of their opinion and even the fanbase, but it doesn't mean the fans should rise up and start hating on Hasbro because of some unconfirmed, shady rumor.

Let's look at the facts:

• I doubt that any member from Hasbro or Syudio B would say things like "I have a bone to pick" or list things as "The good, the bad and the ugly."
  • We pretty much already know there's going to be a Season 4 since the show is doing well view, fan, and merchandising wise.
  • The idea of Hasbro forcing things. While all companies will make changes, I have not seen Hasbro make many major changes over the past seasons.
  • Twilight becomming an alicorn. Ok, this totally fan speculation. We heard the previews say "Twilight will learn her destiny" and we assume by the first two episodes of Season Three that something big is going to happen, but nothing about Twilight becomes an Alicorn.
  • Derpy going away. False. Why would a company keep making Derpy themed clothing, toys, and put her in official comics if they were planning to delete her? Granted we haven't seen her in a few episodes, but this seems like something to cause drama like "OMG Derpy is being cut (rages)."

So, I'm thinking it's some fan putting their spin on rumors or a troll that wants us all to get all drama ridden for the lulz.

• 2 months later...

But something doesn't click. At the Toy Fair they presented a Derpy toy! ((Facebook, they had a tiny picture of it)) Here's a bigger picture of the toy from the MLP Wikia:

640px-My-Little-Pony-Toy-Fair-2013-016_1360451486.jpeg

This is not convention Derpy toy! This is a legitimate toy they will be selling in fall 2013. So why would Hasbro, after saying that, will sell Derpy brushable?

I know this topic was in December, but I'm not sure if they are to completely wipe her out for S4 later on. I know there were tiny appearances of her in S3 Finale that seems like they are keeping her or something.

Yeah. I still think this was the work of a troll, just that the troll was right about some things. Really though, there was a lot hinting toward Twilicorn from the onset of Season 3, and even before that it was a logical assumption as to what Twilight's studies would be building up to. Not a hard prediction to make as much as some of us initially wanted to deny the possibility.

It seems pretty clear that the Derpy bit was wrong though. I think the S3 finale proves that without a doubt. They spent the entire third season holding back on her only to put her everywhere in the finale? Don't think so. Seems more like the animators were just messing with us and such. That and the fact that Hasbro is making Derpy toys and stuff still makes me pretty sure she'll be there when season four comes.