Gala Greetings

Doctor Whooves blinked at the look on Luna's face, that faint fear, that was quickly washed away by embarrassment. What an odd set of reactions. She had been scared before, too ... "doesn't do to forget history," he said softly to her. "And even worse to be scared of it. After all, she never made you strong - you made her strong."

He gave a nice wink at Celestia as she downed the drink, delighted that she was enjoying herself, then trotted away. "But I've talked enough. I do that. I think it's someone else's turn to be interesting." He gave a lil' wink at Trixie as he passed her.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trixie suddenly found herself in the spotlight, so to speak, once again. Up front, facing the royalty of Equestria in the most spectacular and noteworthy annual event in the land, and she was nervous. Worse, she was hesitant! Listening to her brown earth pony companion's words about being interesting, she froze for a moment.

Just for a moment.

Wait a minute! What am I doing!? This is my chance to shine! To show who really is the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria! She smiled with boastful confidence once again as she curtsied. "Your most royal highnesses please enjoy this small magical tribute to your gracious hosting of this wonderful event and benevolent rule over our fair land by your most humble subject, the Lovely and Powerful Lady Trixie!" It was showtime!

Without even waiting for a reply, Trixie closed her eyes and lifted to her hind legs, raising her forehooves above her head dramatically. Her horn began to radiate a soft purple glow that slowly grew in brightness; small sparkles of purple light appeared to dance around it. As the horn became more luminescent, the various candles that hit the grand hall slowly dimmed and faded, as to bring even more attention to her magical aura.

Then it began. Small, twinkling bits of magical light began to move away from her horn in two opposite directions, collecting in two opposing corners of the room, high up the vaulted ceiling. One set began to change color into brilliant, warm yellow as they coalesced and brightened, suddenly exploding in a brilliant display of sparkles with what looked to be a tiny facsimile of the Sun. On the other side, a similar show was occurring as the sparkles gathered, changing from purple to a brilliant blue before exploding away to reveal a bright blue, almost white, glowing likeness of the full moon.

Now for the finale! Trixie exhaled as she quickly lowered her forehooves. The brilliant balls of light fused together and quickly shrunk before suddenly exploding in an enormous loud explosion of light and sound, with brilliant sparkles of every color of the rainbow suddenly filling the air, flying in all directions before dimming into nothingness. As soon as it was over, the candles came back to their full brilliance, with Trixie bowing in the center...

There was just silence... Opening her eyes Trixie realized that maybe this time she indeed had overdone it. Most of the attendees, and a few guards, were covered in black dust from the explosion of sparkles, their faces covered in black soot, their manes swooshed back from the force of the explosion, their outfits ruined by the dust, all staring back in stunned silence. Worse still, the windows on both sides of the room were blown out with a few remaining shards glinting in the light as they fell. It indeed was quite a show, and quite an ending, just not how she expected it. Her eyes widened as she looked up at her royal hosts, ooooooops, it was the only word that crossed her mind.