Is it me, or does it not feel Holiday-ish?

Talex

I don't know why, but it doesn't feel like the holidays for my friends, my family, and myself. It's not just where I live either. Many people that I know around the globe and country agree with me, that it just doesn't feel right this year.

So my question is; Are you in the merry mood this year? If not, do you have any ideas why?

Oh, and a shout out to all those who lived through the Mayan Apocalypse! :D

I haven't been in a merry mood for Christmas time in years. Ever since I stopped caring for getting presents, I've just felt that doing so much work to get everything around the house all holiday-themed is just a big chore. Considering that I'm also not the most social of people, I also don't really relish the opportunity to have relatives ask me all about what I've been doing and junk. So yeah, not too big a fan of Xmas these days. :P

I haven't been in a merry mood for Christmas time in years. Ever since I stopped caring for getting presents, I've just felt that doing so much work to get everything around the house all holiday-themed is just a big chore. Considering that I'm also not the most social of people, I also don't really relish the opportunity to have relatives ask me all about what I've been doing and junk. So yeah, not too big a fan of Xmas these days. :razz:

^This

The last two years for me just haven't been as fun as they used to be. There is just so much that you have to do. You have to put up lights, decorations, trees, send out cards, bake cookies and bread, buy and wrap presents, attended every relative's musical recital or pageant, and all of this costs quite the pretty penny. It sure was a lot more fun back when I was a kid and didn't have to worry about anything other than the tree.

OH YEAH, then you have to take EVERYTHING down and pack it up for next year. Bah Humbug!

I dunno, maybe I'll feel more in the merry mood on the 24th and the 25th when it all pays off.

It varies per year. Most of the time, I feel the holidays to be an enjoyable experience. However, there are certain years... such as 2009. And this year, yes. I can safely say that no, I do not feel holidayish at all. I received one gift - a camera - out of pity and consolation from my parents due to... a certain incident that ruined pretty much everything. It's less merry and more gloomy for me these days.

I'm with you on that one. It does feel less holiday-ish. It's felt like the same old, everyday thing for me. Of course, for me, it's probably because I'm living on the opposite side of the continent from home right now, and I'm following the same old routine I've been on for the past six months. But whatever, stuff happens. :razz:

I can certainly see where your coming from. I seem to be in the midst of a slow descent of sequentially lack-luster whatever-the-plural-of-Christmas-is mayself. Or, who knows, maybe it is an on again off again thing. Too soon to say, really. All I know is that this year, the family and I more or less waited last minute on quite a few things to the point of decorating the tree at about 8:00 pm on Christmas eve. Hopefully, things get merrier before they get humbuggier. And yes, I'm making humbuggier a word now. Just to describe this extant event.