Scooting Through the Park (Open to all foals/Ponies!)

QuickLime

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

The air was warm and the breeze was mild, perfect for Scootaloo to go charging through Ponyville Park on her Scooter, helmet on and strapped down, and tiny wings beating furiously to power the scooter "Aww yeah!" She cried out! Trying to mimic her hero Rainbow Dash. Zipping down the pavement she smirked and spotted a discarded board propped on a rock! She curved her scooter towards it and up the board she went! The Scooter leaped into the air and Scootaloo let go ! Her whole body vertical in the air while one hoof was on the handle bars.

Then the Scooter started to fall and she leaped backwards, doing two showy flips and grinned moving to land it!

And missed falling flat on her rump, she winched as her butt sorta bounced three times and she smacked into a tree "..Agh.." Her eyes swirled in her head due to dizzyness, and she sat up, checking her flank and sighed seeing that it remained blank, rubbing her now sore backside.

"I really hope nopony saw that"

That had been an embarrassing wipe out to be for sure!

x4dqls.jpgHayseed

4c6Aws.jpgHaymaker

9DmcOs.jpgHaywire

The Hay Family arrived in Ponyville with the youngest sister Haywire riding in a wagon that her brother Hayseed and older sister Haymaker was pulling. As they rode by the park, the blank flank filly began to shout out.

[colour=#B22222]"STOP HERE! STOP HERE RIGHT NOW!"[/colour]

Immediately, the two siblings brought their cart to a screeching halt.

[colour=#0000FF]"Whatcha yellin' about, sis?" [/colour]Hayseed asked.

[colour=#B22222]"I see Scootaloo over thar in the park! I wanna go play with her! You guys got errands to run in town, so y'all kin pick me up here later!"[/colour]

[colour=#4B0082]"I don't know about this," [/colour]Haymaker said, rubbing a hoof under her chin. [colour=#4B0082]"Yur always gittin' yurself in trouble. Reckon ya best stay with us."[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Oh c'mon sis, let'r go play!" [/colour]her brother argued. [colour=#0000FF]"Y'know Haywire's gonna git bored hangin' round us."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"PLEASE big sis! PLEASE let me go play in the park with Scootaloo?" [/colour]the rust coloured filly pleaded, giving her siblings the famous 'puppy dog eyes' look.

[colour=#4B0082]"Well... alright, but if ya pull any shennanigans here, yur gonna be in BIG TROUBLE!" [/colour]Haymaker said sternly.

[colour=#B22222]"Oh thanks sis! I'll be good! You'll see!" [/colour]Haywire neighed as she galloped over to Scootaloo.

[colour=#0000FF]"I think the first place we oughta go is the Spa, sis."[/colour]

[colour=#4B0082]"Really Hayseed? That's a dandy idear!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Yep! Maybe them Aloe sisters kin do somethin' to yur face ta make ya look LESS UGLY!" [/colour]

Furious, Haymaker drew up her right hoof and punched her brother in the mouth so hard, his head shook for five seconds.

[colour=#4B0082]"Gimme anymore insults and I'll REALLY deck ya!" [/colour]Haymaker snorted as she pulled on the wagon, compeling the wobbly Hayseed to pull along with her down the street and away from the park.

[colour=#B22222]"HOWDY SCOOTALOO!" [/colour]Haywire shouted, [colour=#B22222]"Whatcha doin'?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000] [/colour]

• Like 1

Scootaloo could hope all she wanted... But it would be in vain. Somepony DID see that wipeout...

A little pink unicorn started sprinting toward the orange and purple pegasus, crying out in concern,[colour=#ee82ee] "SCOOTY! Are you alright! By Celestia's beard that looked awful!" [/colour]She skidded to a halt, giving her classmate a hug. When she saw that she was okay... She actually described the accident with some form of excitement. [colour=#ee82ee]"Scooty that was neat! I'm so glad you're okay, but you went zipping by like 'SWOOSH!'-"[/colour] she even made motions with her hooves to emphasize. [colour=#ee82ee]"And then you jumped and flipped and AW it was so cool! And when you hit the ground it was all 'BOOSH!' and and-!"[/colour]

Ah, but Pinchy, you're being insensitive. She finally noticed the other pony there and realized she kinda spilled the beans if Scoot wanted to shake it off. [colour=#ee82ee]"Oh... Whoops... Um... HEY! Anypony wanna play? I brought jumprope! Or we could play hide and seek! Or... um..." [/colour]

Well anything really. She was just kinda playing by herself for the moment. If there was anything she was good at, it was entertaining herself.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom was a silly filly all things considered, as her day to day life was spent doing a grand number of chores outside and on her off days she decided it would be the best idea to continue spending all that time outside. Maybe she wouldn't look like a miniature sun if she spent a day or two hiding from it instead of soaking every available ray, but she was not well suited to sedentary entertainment. What could she do inside of the barn that she couldn't do outside that wasn't mind-numbingly boring? Not much and she wasn't all that excited to find out. So she had the day off and no real plans to fill the time up. Her family had plans, which was disconcerting considering it had been a surprise day off- Applejack had a minor hoof injury that made her no fun to be around and stopped the family's operation for a full day. No crusader meeting could be started up on such amazingly short notice so she was at a loss.

But as any filly could attest, you were only at a loss if you would just wait around the house. She had a whole town to explore, friends to make, things to stick her hoof in. She even brought a small coin purse with some allowance because Celestia knows when hunger strikes, it strikes with no warning. Not enough time to-

-A loud crunch from the park that Apple Bloom had been walking by stole her attention. Her ears perked up and she changed direction, a few large strides into the park all she could manage successfully. The park was busy, ponies bopping around on all sorts of dates, events, and generally having a grand old time. Only Pinchy's voice, it's unique and cheerful timber immediately and joyfully identifiable, worked above the din. It didn't take long once Apple Bloom had heard her to find not only find the filly that anyfilly who was worthwhile considered a friend, but her fellow Crusader Scootaloo as well! Of course she was obscured by Haywire, but the point stood- her day had gotten better in less time than it took Big Mac to buck a whole set of trees, which was pretty fast considering each buckin' leg of his had enough power in it to send the barn to the badlands if ever had the desire.

[colour=#ff0000]"Howdy thar, Pinchy! Haywire! Scootaloo! Whatcha'll doin'?"[/colour] She asked, eyes closed with a broad grin as she trotted up.

Boulder Tumble ran, laughing with pure young joy as he ran. He had no destination, nor any real line of running. He just wanted to run, and so he ran here and there in zig zags and lines, laughing as he did.

His father was stopping through the small town of Ponyville to look at rock quarries in the area, and had allowed Boulder to go and play. Boulder was glad for the chance to play and perhaps make some more friends, but along the way he had gotten once more lost in his own little mind.

As he ran, Boulder saw a small group of fillie and colts over yonder, and with a big grin he ran over to say hello. As he ran he tripped over his own hooves and hit the ground at a roll and right into the group like a bowling ball into pins.

207klk0.jpg

This weekend would be a glorious one for Babs Seed. Not only did her parents allow her to make a “surprise” visit to see her pals in Ponyville, but she managed to get one of her new Manehatten buddies to tag along too; a pegasus colt by the name of Remington. Babs and Rem did not go to the same school or live in the same neighborhood for that matter, but they both happened to be blank flanks. Even if they couldn’t embark on crusades in the big city together every weekend, Babs had come to value Rem as one of her more trusted friends.

And as such, Miss Seed thought it would be good for Remington to make a visit to Ponyville to see whom Babs liked the call “THE oawwiginal Cutie Mark Crusaders”. Besides cousin Apple Bloom and her friends, the filly had just come to enjoy the town of Ponyville more and more with each visit. She wouldn’t admit it to anypony, but Babs relished any opportunities where she didn’t have to constantly watch out for rude pedestrians, potential troublemakers, or even just obnoxious salesponies.

Arriving by train early in the morning, Babs’s plan to have a carefree time with her favorite cousin hit a momentary snag when she learned from Granny Smith that Apple Bloom made off towards the local park. Undeterred, Babs brought Remington along as she tracked her cousin down. It didn’t take too long to find Apple Bloom talking to Scootaloo and some other foals... but the mischievous bad seed didn’t quite want to say hello just yet.

[colour=#daa520]“Come on Rem,”[/colour] the smirking filly whispered to her partner as she ducked behind a bush and deviously rubbed her forehooves together; [colour=#daa520]“Let’s have some "fun" with my cuz first. You got any ideas on how we can scare her?”[/colour]

OOC: River will post as Remington sometime this weekend, just to let everyone know.

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

Scootaloo barely got her helmet off when she both got hugged by Pinchy AND heard Haywires booming voice..shortly followed by Applebloom....Lovely just lovely! "I was um..I'm fine Pinch" She chuckled and returned the hug, before standing up and shaking her whole body to straighten out her wings "Oh hey you guys! I was just um ...was just majorly catching some air!" She puffed her chest out proudly! "You betcha! and I almost stuck that landing too!"

It was nice to be surrounded by friends "How about we all play jumprope with Pinchy? I can spin one end and AppleBloom you could spin the other! and then..and then after we can play tag!" She grinned "Ooh and then...maybe I just might have a surprise..."

Haywire was excited as more ponies began to gather around Scootaloo. She was even more delighted to hear her suggestions for playing together.

[colour=#B22222]"Jumpin' rope? That thar sounds great to me, Scootaloo!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly shouted as she began to limber up by rearing on her hind legs and jumping repeatedly. [colour=#B22222]"I'm ready and rarin' ta go! Once ya git that rope a movin' I'll jump right in!"[/colour]

Haywire was very eager to get started. It is rare outside of school recess that the blonde filly would get to play jump rope. Her big sister and brother were usually too busy with chores and working the hay farm to play with her. She loved her brother Hayseed, but he wasn't exactly the ideal playmate due to his size. But first, she warmly greeted the ponies she knew.

[colour=#B22222]"Hi Pinchy! AppleBloom!"[/colour]

As she spoke, a colt rolled up to them after tripping and falling forward.

[colour=#B22222]"Whoa thar, bub, that's quite an entrance! Are ya alright? What'cher name, friend? I'm Haywire!" [/colour]she said, offering a hoof to help the colt up to all four feet.

• 2 weeks later...

rembanner.png

[colour=#000000]Remington tagged along with Babs Seed. He was excited. He had never been to Ponyville before, and he had heard so much about the town growing up. All the same, he didn't know what to expect. As he stepped off the trains, he began to realize it was just like any other town, just without all the nonsense of Manehatten, and the obnoxious industry of Cloudsdale. It was fair, quiet, peaceful, and modest.[/colour]

[colour=#000033]"Thanks for bringing me a long, Babs!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington was so glad his parents let him travel with his newly found friend. Although it was more likely an excuse to get Rem's parents together for a romantic weekend together. As Remington followed Babs to the park, where apparently the so called 'original cutie mark crusaders' were, they hid behind a bush. Remington started to doze off.

​[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]“Come on Rem, let’s have some "fun" with my cuz first. You got any ideas on how we can scare her?”[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

Remington was startled awake as Babs nudged him. He peered over to where Apple Bloom and her friends were standing. [/colour][colour=#000033]"Oh! The yellow one right? I know that gal! I saw her in Fillydelphia when I was on a mass field trip with the teacher from Ponyville. We visited Tiny Apple Valley, and we made apple juice. That's your cousin! Wow, what a small world, huh?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington was amazed at the coincidence, but fell quickly back into focus as to what they could do to scare her. [/colour][colour=#000033]"How about I run out there and tell your cousin that her house is on fire!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]With a nod from Babs, Remington ran out into the open where the ponies could see him. He went straight to Apple Bloom. [/colour][colour=#000033]"Hey you! Remember me?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington giggled a bit. [/colour][colour=#000033] "There's a problem! You have to come quick, its, its..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Remington plopped down onto the ground into a straight snooze, his snores finishing the sentence that would have been.[/colour]

koodarem2.png

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pinchy was seeing so many ponies! Some she knew, and some she didn't! [colour=#ee82ee]"Hey-a Applebloom! We were just gonna play some games!"[/colour]

Scootaloo's excitement seemed to confirm this, only making the pink filly grin wider. Yay! She was going to have so many friends to play with today! She couldn't wait to tell her mother about it! She shared almost everything with her. It was like she was her bestest friend and her mother all at the same time! But enough of that mushy stuff. It was time to play some games!

[colour=#ee82ee]"Okay! I'll go get my jumprope! Oooo~ This is gonna be so much-" [/colour]Oh, a tumblepony! Or he just fell. He seemed to be alright, as Haywire was investigating this new foal. [colour=#ee82ee]"He can play with us if he wants to!"[/colour] Pinchy called over to Haywire as she spoke to him. Now, that's that, onto-

[colour=#000033]"Hey you! Remember me?" [/colour]Why of course she did! She was about to say so, but realized he was talking to Applebloom. Or he would've been, if- [colour=#000033]"There's a problem! You have to come quick, its, its..." [/colour]

Boom. Out. K.O.

Pinchy couldn't help but giggle. She never could get over it. She didn't really have a grasp on his condition and how serious it was. It just seemed like a silly inconvenience to her. To just fall asleep in the middle of a conversation or activity.[colour=#ee82ee] "Well, Remmy's here! He can play with us when he wakes up too! ... Hey, wait... Remmy's here?"[/colour] If she recalled, he wasn't from around here. She definitely didn't see him in any of her classes at school. She knew everypony at school!

• 1 month later...

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

(Sorry, I forgot to follow so this never showed up. Thanks to Bellosh for linking me!)

Well, that was a weird thing to happen. Remington, the narcoleptic colt who could hardly keep his eyes open let alone tell anypony anything ever under any circumstance, had just run up to her in an attempt to tell her...something. But he fell asleep. At this stage, that was so typical for him that Apple Bloom didn't have much of a response. She nudged his body once, shrugged, and stepped over him. She wasn't going to cry over spilt milk, broken hooves, narcoleptic colts, or losing a hoofball game because she was a big filly and

. Besides, she had bright stars about her and ambitions to fulfill, and the ponies there to do just so. Pinchy was being adorable and took to Scootaloo's suggestion as wonderfully as one would imagine, nearly exploding with glee.

Haywire was a wildcard in more ways than ten, but she could be fun enough as long as she was kept a minimum of fifty feet from anything that could be considered lethal if applied with explosive force, which trailed her like a stormcloud on a sad day. Scootaloo was here, and even as she tried to recover from one of her trademarked failures, she maintained her cool and got less familiar minds off the scent. Apple Bloom could tell, the way she seemed so eager to suggest something new and get away from whatever had caused the noise. The crash. Which had been her, of course- she'd heard that plenty of times, almost as familiar as Big Mac's snoring. She didn't need to be ashamed, of course- they all failed a lot, which was why they had blank flanks still. But one day, they'd succeed, and accepting all that failure that happened along the way would make it even better.

If only Apple Bloom practiced what she preached in her more intelligent moments, which were frankfully dwarfed by fillyhood thoughts and activities, like jump rope, which sounded absolutely great right about now.

[colour=#ff0000]"Well, Ah wouldn't worry 'bout Remington. He'll wake up and go back ta sleep, maybe he can watch or somethin'. Y'all have a jump rope? Sounds mighty fine ta me!" [/colour]Apple Bloom didn't add that Scootaloo's surprise intrigued her, but heck, she didn't need to say so!

Haywire was delighted to see so many fillies and colts her age in the park today! More were gathering around, and she so wanted to make friends with all of them!

[colour=#B22222]"Hay everypony! Whatcha'll wanna play?" [/colour]Haywire asked. [colour=#B22222]"We could play Tap er run a race er chase frogs! If'n any of y'all have a ball er a jumprope, we could do that too! By the way, if any of y'all ain't met me yet, I'm Haywire! I sure love ta have fun! Got a lotta fun stuff in my saddlebags that we could play with! C'mon y'all! I wanna git in some great playin' before mah family comes back ta git me!"[/colour]

207klk0.jpg

Uggggh... of course, it had to be at the most important part that Remington fell asleep. Babs Seed slapped herself for forgetting that her pegasus partner was prone to spontaneous sleepiness. Well, it looked liked the filly from the city would just have to do things herself.

Once she confirmed that Apple Bloom was looking the opposite way, Babs made a dash for a bush only a mere yard away from her cousin. Hoping that nopony else cared to call out to her, the small Miss Seed hid within the brush as she waited for her moment to pounce. If it wasn’t for a small speck of her raspberry tail poking out from the leaves, nopony would suspect the presence of an ambusher.

[colour=#daa520]Haha, I’m gonna’ get my cuz SO good.....[/colour]

TSqfFSt.pngJigsaw.png

Three Cloud and his family were visiting Ponyville once again. Jigsaw was on her school break so everypony was here! Hopefully everypony remembers them, but of course there were so many ponies they maybe haven't met.

"Now Clouds." Jigsaw, the dark blue mare, turned to her little mustard yellow brother. "Stay here. Mum, Dad, and I are going to go shopping for groceries. Why not play with the other foals over there?

Clouds looked at the group and froze. Meeting other ponies scared him, he didn't want to act like a fool in front of them.

"Go on now! We'll see you later!" The family left him standing there as an ice cube.

Celestia help me! He thought and kept standing there awkwardly. So awkwardly that he stood where everypony could see him and not be able to miss him. He stood there for a while.....

• 1 month later...

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

Scootaloo thought a little bit, then suddenly the light bulb went off!" IV GOT IT!" She leapt in the air with a slight SPROING and flutter of feathers "Lets Play Robin Hoof!" She grinned "I'LL Be the daring and dashing Robin Hoof, Pinchy will be Friar Duck, and AppleBloom will be my right hoof mare Little Pond!" She grinned at that 'Haywire you be the evil sherrif! We'll run and hide and you'll try to find us! " She took the jump rope and twirled it "And we'll at the same time try to catch you! Doesn't that sound like fun?!"

Scootaloo hoped so! She loved that story it could be fantastic!

Right?

And it would make everyone totally forget that she fell on her butt!

Okay not AppleBloom, AppleBloom knew...

AppleBloom knew

EEEEEEEVERRRRRRRRYYYYYTHIIING..

• Like 1