Garnet Vermilion [Ready]

Ciraxis

"And I say it WILL work! <plunks and screeches>....Well...I guess it won't."

Name: Garnet Vermilllion, named after her colour shame.

Sex: Female

Birthday: December 1

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Her eyes are slightly mismatched. Left iris is amber while right is gold. Unnoticeable until examined carefully.

Coat: Overall, her coat is scarlet colour. Near her hooves it turns into amaranth. She usually wears dark coloured clothes, her favorite being black 'biker' jacket.

Mane and Tail: For most of her childhood she used to have her neck long mane kept down, she only feels herself when it's spiked up on both sides of her face. Her tail is kept long, spiky and roughly 'natural' in style. Both mane and tail are vermilion and are the reasons for second part of her name.

Physique: Garnet posses curvy, voluptuous body that makes stallions droll. She is flexible, athletic and have quite long legs for a pegasus.

Residence: Born in Canterlot. Currently lives with her aunt in Stalliongrad.

Occupation: Begun studying engineering to became airship designer(or other job that will involve working with large vehicles - trains, ships whatever!) at the Stalliongrad Engineering University.

Motivation: Becoming great engineer and innovator. To inherit her father company not as a noble with bunch of stocks but as the visionary.

Cutie Mark: An airship propeller, with wrenches instead of blades. It shows her talent in airship engineering.

History part 1: Born as the second daughter to the noble family, Garnet was much loved by all of her family for she was eagerly awaited even before her birth. From her early years Garnet was very cheerful if a little forceful and headstrong girl. While she was well versed in the customs, luxury and lifestyle of her social class she always liked to do 'unladylike' things like leg-wrestling, playing superheroes and other things more fitting the colts. With passing years these traits deepened with Garnet having zero interest into becoming the proper lady - preferring to have ponysonal freedom. In school she pursued physical activity, to the point of joining gymnastic club. She did very poor in such topic like literature and history while having excellent marks in mathematics and physics. Around time of Middle School Vermilion discovered her Special Talent...

Cutie Mark Story: Around the time Garnet was in 7th Grade, she and her family had a trip in the airship factory at witch her father was part-investor. The trip was a present for her older brother, but he wasn't even as nearly excited as Garnet was. Vermilion was almost literally charmed by the large machinery and fascinated by the end product.

From that day, Garnet used her not-so-small allowance to buy books about engineering, airships and other large vehicles. She begun to read about them even at the cost of sleep (until her parents noticed and she became more careful). However the real thrill came when young Garnet ordered the advanced engineer tool set. Within the next week, all complicated devices in all of her school friends houses was mysteriously repaired. After that dared to construct something herself. The result was unimpressive miniature self-propelled engine...which after first start, flied uncontrollably from Garnet hideout in the attic and managed to crash a dinner at the parter below. Her secret now exposed, young filly brought herself to her father. To Garnet surprise however, her dad brushed whole accident aside. More importantly, something appeared on young Garnet flank! Everyone was particularly overjoyed, even her dad who still considered his daughter talent as a mere 'hobby', despite that deep inside he knew better.

History part 2: In the future he was to be proved wrong. For the time being, Garnet could experiment with various machines undisturbed. This especially worried her father who would rather prefer for young mare to be perfect model lady. He tried to subtly mold her into a role but his filly proved too wild for that. While he still allowed her to work with her gears and oils he started to openly say about them not being fitting for a mare her status. And then young Garnet found ally.

Her aunt, - a sister of his father - was sympathetic to her desire of being 'self made mare' and persuaded her sibling parent too allow Garnet chase her dream. Pointing out the futility of his attempts and calling out to his fatherly love she manages to change his mind.

Finally defeated, Garnet father realized that his daughter will never be a perfect lady as he planned. He allowed Vermilion enrollment into Stalliongrad Engineering University, just as she always wished for since gaining her Cutie Mark.

Soon after that she moved into her aunt house, waiting for her first year to start.

Personality: While Garnet is quite cheerful pony she has some problems. One is her honesty and pushy attitude, often coming to the point of rudeness. While her parent tried Vermillion to act more ladylike, they seemed to achieve opposite effect. Garnet also thinks nothing about etiquette and customs of her social class. Young pegasus deems majority of them are silly and she really is looking forward to break them (not that others know about her social class. Just for pure ponysonal satisfaction).

Vermillion does not mind being in center of attention, milking it for all it's worth - but does not actively seek it. Actually one can say it's the opposite right now as she is trying to lay low, preferring to focus on her studies. Still she was very popular in high school so the feeling is not alien to her.

Because of her passionate nature Garnet came to value personal freedom more then anything. She react badly when somepony tries to restrict her without logical reason - much to the trouble of her Ma and Pa. This extends not only to Garnet parents but at others as well. One should be very careful when using phrase 'must do' or other similar in her presence without excuse. The only pony allowed too speak to her like that is her Aunt (which Garnet feel she owns a dept) and to lesser extent - teachers.

Garnet is at her happiest when playing with machinery and when tinkering with gears and oils almost nothing can break her good mood.

The mare can get later clingy when meeting somepony with same interests. One can guess that it is her desire to be understood that made her behave as such. Just don't try to say that her new device will not work before she tries it. She has really good aim with that wrench of hers.

While overall tomboyish don't confuse Vermillion behavior with being some ladette. While rebellious Garnet has a very healthy amount of respect for herself, she isn't a type that go clubbing all night long. She has a goal, you know!

OOC: Design of her physical design (mane and body) was inspired by Kallen Stadtfeld from Code Geass. Similarities to other fictional or real characters are purely coincidental.

• 2 weeks later...

And also, I do not recommend bumping this, they review it from the end up.

Templar, appreciate that, but... I sorta asked for an update... The app was already at the end, inactive ;)

And Ciraxis, if you want you can catch me in the Canterchat most of the time, or you can feel free to PM any RPHS for help on the app. And we'll be more than happy to help you develop this character! :D

Templar, appreciate that, but... I sorta asked for an update... The app was already at the end, inactive ;)

And Ciraxis, if you want you can catch me in the Canterchat most of the time, or you can feel free to PM any RPHS for help on the app. And we'll be more than happy to help you develop this character! :D

Naaah. I not in hurry anyway.

I generally stay away from the chats, but you can expect PM soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aaaaand finally finished this. Took me long enough. Did I beat a record or something? Oh and all critique and advice would still be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy partner, thank you for your patience! This app looks pretty solid, but I have to ask you to please remove all instances of your OC's father trying to sabotage her career. That, along with her annoyance over being molded into a perfect lady, only serve to produce angst that would not be found in a character from FiM. Please rectify these issues, and this app will be closer to getting approved. ^_^