(Canterlot) Spellbound Beginnings [Sign-Up in OOC Thread]

Bellosh

9QqAB3q.png?2

This was a pretty swell idea, thought Moondancer. A week ago, she had been ambling through the Canterlot University bookstore when she noticed a peculiar flyer on one of the bulletins:

WANT A CHANCE TO USE MAGIC OR LEARN HOW TO USE IT?

NEW MAGIC GUILD WILL MEET AT 6PM: LAST FRIDAY OF THIS MONTH

COME TO WAREHOUSE ACROSS STREET FROM ARMY HISTORICAL MUSEUM

FREE PUNCH & PIE!!!!!

The moon-flanked unicorn had no idea what this "magic guild" was supposed to be about or who could have posted the note. Nonetheless, it sure sounded really fun! Sure, the Magic Club over at CU was also boatloads of fun, but only students were members by virtue of it being a student club. Moondancer meanwhile was very curious in meeting other non-students interested in the magical arts and sciences, being the sociable pony that she naturally was. Plus, free punch and pie was always a swell deal.

When the appointed time came, Moondancer made sure to arrange her free-time plans so she could be at the site on time. She had never been around the Canterlot Army Historical Museum due to her dislike of history, but she knew where to find it regardless. As the sun set on the city of Canterlot , she found her way over to the museum in question, but was unsure which building to enter first. It looked like Moondancer was the first pony to arrive, as she saw nopony else on the scene who looked like they usually roamed there.

However, one doorway across the street struck the young mare's eye. One marked with a simple-yet-elegant logo:

M4qDZBc.png

~Maybe this is the place?~

(Yes, this is ClairDeLaSoul's "Magical Guild" RP now brought to life. OOC thread can be found here.)

A tan pony wearing a long, dark blue, hooded coat made his way out of an ally-way saddle bags full of various ‘essentials’ and looked around. It had been a long time since Abbot had been in Canterlot; he never did like big cities, everyone was always in a hurry and he could never figure out where he needed to go. He looked down at the directions he had scribbled onto a piece of paper a few days back. From the looks of where he was the museum shouldn’t have been too far away he started to walk down the road again looking for his destination.

[colour=#add8e6]“Uuuuhhh!!!… This is hopeless I’ve been walking around for half an hour. If I don’t get there soon I’ll be late.” [/colour]As he said this he made a corner to a set of buildings, one in particular catching his eye. The marking of a moon within a sun was almost a perfect match to the one he had seen on the flyer. He saw a white mare standing nearby the building.

He walked closer to the building and the mare, curious as to whether or not she was there for the same reason.

She could've come by train, but she had the bits for airship travel so why spare anything when it comes to luxury. The vehicle touched down smoothly and Gear exited the ship. With her hooves on solid ground she sucked in a dead breath then exhaled.

Canterlot, the city of dreams. Gear Shift could only scoff at the title, more like were dreams went to die to her. That was just her biased opinion though, after flunked out of the magical and mechanical engineering university she sort of held a grudge against the city. She shook the mean thoughts from her head. No me and the professors at the university for just didn't see eye to eye.

Adjusting her goggles, the the salamander unicorn navigated the streets of Canterlot with memorized efficiency. She wiped her licorice black bang away from her eye and levitated the flier out of her bag and took another look at it. The warehouse across from the Army Historical Museum. She knew where the museum was so that part was. Committing the emblem on the flier to memory, she puled her vest tight and fastened her saddle bags then checked her surroundings.

She reached the museum and scanned the area for the crest that was printed on her flier. [colour=#ffa07a]"Ah ha!"[/colour] She said in an accomplished tone when she found the symbol. There was a tanned coloured stallion with a decently filled saddle bag and a white mare there as well. She thought about teleporting over there just to save time, but she didn't want to startle the ponies. Instead, she opted to just casually stroll on over there.

[colour=#ffa07a]"Um, hi. You ponies here about that magic guild?"[/colour] She asked casually

post-4257-0-98714800-1358220320_thumb.jp

(Using another oc as well, Britches, just to start)

[colour=#008080]"Wow! You're a bit of a heart breaker, aren't you?"[/colour] Licorice studied the pony's hoof carefully, noting the small, subtle patterns. [colour=#800080]"..I guess you could say that, but-" [/colour][colour=#008080]"But you're just following your heart.. And you DO appear to have a very good heart." [/colour]She interrupted her client, then continued[colour=#008080] "..My advice, is that although love is always such a magical thing, it's best to remember that sometimes, magic can just be an illusion." [/colour]She gave the purple pony a little grin, which grew a little wider once she saw that she got a grin back.[colour=#008080] "You know, Shade, it also looks as though you are the type to let feelings and emotions guide you more often than you use your head for decisions." [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Mmhmm."[/colour] The young unicorn agreed with a subtle nod, recalling earlier just that day. [colour=#800080]"Like.. I've never been very good with magic or whatever, right? And so my dad really wants me to go join this magic club thing, but I'm just not interested!"[/colour] Miss Black's ear quickly perked up. [colour=#008080]"Well, I think that you're a very lucky pony, being able to use magic. Why are you so disinterested?"[/colour] Licorice was more inquisitive, unable to wrap her mind around why anypony WOULDN'T want to use magic, than anything. All her life, she had found magic to be ABSOLUTELY, well, magical!! With everything in her, she wished that she could have been born a unicorn, that she could be able to use this mysterious, misunderstood, inexplicable science that could do such complex, powerful things as manipulating a pony's very age, or even a task as simple as lifting a quill. But, she also knew that no amount of magic in the world could help with her little species complex.

[colour=#800080]"I just don't need it. And besides, I have hobbies and school and stuff, so I really just don't have time."[/colour] Leaving her head, Licorice was brought back into reality by the sound of the other pony's voice. [colour=#008080]"Ooh, I get that.. I wouldn't mind learning some magic.. Is that around here do you know?"[/colour][colour=#800080] "Psh, beats me! Umm.. I think I might have the flier or whatever.."[/colour] After digging through her bag, she pulled out a ball of crumpled paper, handing it to Licorice, who unfolded it swiftly and hastily got to reading. [colour=#800080]"You can keep it or whatever. I guess I was just gonna toss it anyway."[/colour]

Soon, Licorice Black found her way to the warehouse, judging that the symbol on the flier matching the symbol above the door meant that she was in the right place. [colour=#008080]This place looks kind of whimsical.. I like it![/colour] Her hoof reached for the handle, turning it slowly earthward. She entered before peeking inside. She remembered the flier. [colour=#008080]Want a chance to use magic or learn how to use it?[/colour] [colour=#008080]..Hope that means earth ponies too..[/colour] She spotted a pretty white mare, and decided to make her first guild friend. [colour=#008080]"Hey!" [/colour]she extended a hoof for shaking. [colour=#008080]"My name is Licorice Black, and I heard that you guys were looking for new members. Have you been here for long?"[/colour] She gave the unicorn gentle grin.

The last time Pocket Change hung around the university bookstore he ran into a rather important pony that led him to one of his greatest adventures of his life. Now back at the bookstore he saw flyers with promise of a ‘magical guild’. Would this be a true guild? He was part of the ‘Adventurer’s Guild’ but it was just an overdone themed restaurant, where ponies, who were real adventurers or not would pop over admire a collection of both famous and not so famous artifacts found by members, enjoy a rather complex meal, maybe talk to some overstuffed retired adventurer and maybe if he was lucky, find a few likeminded friends who were not just there for the Daring Doo cosplay. Could this be a proper guild? While the promise of both punch and pie was hard to resist, the idea of going into a warehouse felt a little odd for him. Would he enter this new location, be bonked on the head and end up in some Changeling cocoon? He knew there was always a chance of something strange happening. Still, even if this was a bust, he could always hang around the history museum. The guild was probably brand new, since a proper wizard's guild would be In a wizard's tower. Still, he wondered to himself. Should he wear something fancy for this? A proper stereotypical wizard' robe and pointy hat? Did he even own any of those? There was only one way to find out.

The last Friday of the month came rather quickly. The unicorn decided to go like a proper pony, au naturel, but kept a handy saddlebag on with one of his spell-books. Once at the warehouse, he noticed a few other like-minded ponies, "Hey!", he called out, 'I'm Assuming you're all here for the guild? Has anypony entered the warehouse? He noticed Licorice Black as she entered the warehouse and followed. If there were ruffians inside, they would probably go for the first one who entered, leaving Pocket Change free to do his heroics. Or maybe they'd find the punch and pie.

[colour=#cccccc]Canterlot--a city of memories! Gray Lexis had spent so many of his long years in the oh so humble little capital of Equestria. Too many if you asked him! For the entire front half of his life he had thought it to be the center of the world. To lecture to a Canterlot University auditorium at full capacity of his latest thesis on the theoretical theory regarding magical theory theoretics was the apex of equine existence--true enlightenment! It had taken him far too long to realize that true knowledge was taught and learned elsewhere, but when he had he had sundered this city from his like and hardly looked back.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Many an adventure had followed, as he sought out less than common knowledge across all of Equestria. Countless rare tomes were now collected back in his Fillydelphia archive, but the aged stallion had no intention of slowing down anytime soon. Yet slows had proved unfortunately inevitable. Finding books as rare as he sought was an increasingly thankless task. The pursuit was often fruitless and frustrating. He was getting to the point where accruing new wisdom was not something he could easily do on his own. He needed new leads to follow. He needed contacts who could support him. He needed to reach out.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Gray had stumbled upon this newly forming Canterlot guild of magics by chance. He had come to Canterlot weeks ago in pursuit of information regarding a particular item when by happenstance he had seen the uninspiring flyer hanging on a bulletin board at one of the city's many tedious libraries. He had laughed at the site of it and not given it another thought for the duration of the rest of that trip. Once back in Fillydelphia, however, after a week or so Gray's mind had flashed back to the paltry little ad.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]It was the phrasing which had laid its hook. This was not a "club", a "union" or an "association" or any other such banal foalish thing. No, this was a "guild". The word had power to it, not to mention class. To Gray it was a word that brought to mind the organizations formed by the great unicorn wizards back in the golden age of magic over one thousand years ago. He knew not if this was the intention; perhaps this was still but a game for foalish foals, just exceedingly pretentious ones. The more he thought about it, the more he became convinced that the intent was not something that mattered. It didn't matter what sort answered the call. Greatness was something that was built; if he wanted this guild to be at the center of its own new legend, he would just have to help write it himself.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]And so there he was in Canterlot, which whether he liked it or not was the only city right for this. Traveling at his side was Spirit Flame, a child he had once recovered from the wilds of Everfree who had come to be his ward. In body, Spirit was a filly swift approaching marehood, but her foalhood in that cursed wood had left her emotionally stunted, not to mention still with a lot more to learn about the world than most ponies her age. She was a remarkable child though; the fact that she had survived what shouldn't have been survivable as long as she had was testament to this fact. Her mastery of flame magic was on a level few could compete with, and while the child had rough edges in other places, smoothing those out was well worth the trouble--especially since Spirit was a delight to tease.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Here we are, child!"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray started with aplomb.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"Canterlot. Should all go well today, we may be seeing this quaint town with increasing frequency."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit smiled just slightly and gave a polite nod.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"So I might meet my friends again?"[/colour][colour=#cccccc] she asked with all her usual curiosity and more excitement in her monotone than usual.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Would you like that?"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray asked, smiling at the filly.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Yes. Fire... Miss Marie... I would like it very much to see them again,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said with some fondness, thinking back on the friends she had made the last time Gray had taken her to Canterlot.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"Maybe I could even meet my little dragon friend again sometime..."[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"If you wish it, it will be, child--so long as you make it so!"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray said with force.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"Today is for making new friends though! Today we plant the seeds of greatness so that they may soon bear the fruit of knowledge!"[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"I'm not sure I understand..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said, glancing aside.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"What's the 'fruit of knowledge'? Does it taste good?"[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Oho, my child! Of course! Plump, rich, flavorful--there is no taste more gratifying that can be imagined!"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray declared ostentatiously, giving a strong nod.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"I hope your seeds make lots of fruit then, Mr. Gray,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said, clearly not comprehending in full.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"As do I, dear child, as do I,"[/colour][colour=#cccccc] [/colour][colour=#cccccc]Gray said as he chuckled. Hie eyes lit up as they then fell upon the locale he sought--the REA Historical Museum, and more importantly the warehouse across the street from it. Outside, a small congregation of ponies was gathered. Gray had found it! This was to be the guild.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"Ah, here we are,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]the aging stallion said as he stepped forward. [/colour][colour=#999999]"Observe, child!"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]he added with a laugh.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Okay,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said idly, staring at her caretaker, knowing better than to ask needless questions.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Greetings and salutations, my fine and respected fillies and gentlecolts! I, the esteemed Mister Gray Lexis, have finally arrived on the scene to help guide this ragtag folderol into the legends of tomorrow!"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]he declared brashly, a wide grin on his face as he faced the others[/colour]. [colour=#999999]"And this is my charming and talented assistant, Spirit Flame,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]the showy stallion added, nodding to the quiet filly.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Umm...hello,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said, soft and reticent.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"Are you the ones who are going to be my new friends?" [/colour][colour=#cccccc]she asked.[/colour]

It wasn't often that he found himself in Canterlot, the city of magic, or so it would seem. He had come for the purpose of speaking at the local university on a symposium on the uses of magic in medicine. He elected to talk about the use of magic to alleviate, rather than aim to cure, symptoms, since the curing of symptoms is a complex and rather dangerous endeavor to one whom hasn't had sufficient training or experience in it. On his way out of the university, Gears spied an interesting sign about a magic guild of some sort. And free punch and pie, he liked punch and pie as much as the next pony. More over, he would love to spread his influence and help more people with his magic based medicine. Though he hoped he wouldn't have to abandon his current patients to help this guild. He quickly sent a letter out to one of his colleges at Manehattan Hospital, stating that he would be away longer, and to help any of his patients to the best of his ability. It was only two extra days, and his research could always wait for him, heck, if the Canterlot hospital allows he can even use their facilities to continue while he is there.

Razor walked up to the Army Historical Museum and looked across the street at what looked to be a warehouse with the symbol from the letter. He approached it, wearing the suit he had worn to the Symposium. He normally wore his lab coat, but that was more because he was always going in and out of his lab, and got annoyed taking it on and off. Here he had no such need. He approached the warehouse with an odd air of optimism like he felt only good things could come of this meeting. At the very least, he wouldn't lose anything except a day, none of his patients were in life threatening situations.

He walked in, not knowing what to expect. And he was surprised to see earth ponies. "[colour=#0000ff]Huh, earth ponies? They don't have any magical abilites, potions maybe?[/colour]" Razor thought to himself. One person seemed to be more confident than the others, an older stallion, there was no mistaking his experience in magic. "[colour=#0000ff]Did he call for this guild? He seems old enough and experienced enough to be a guild master...[/colour]" but something about his demenor, told Gears he wasn't the one in charge. No pony seemed to be in charge here. Not yet at least.

"[colour=#0000ff]Er... Hello everypony. I'm Doctor Razor Gears... Magical researcher in Medicine from Manehattan hospital. I was in town and saw the poster for the guild. I assume we are all here for the same common reason? And if you're not, might I suggest that you are in the wrong place? Perhaps the museum across the street, this place seems old enough to be a museum, so I understand the confusion.[/colour]" Razor quipped sarcastically.

It was the end of another busy yet fulfilling day for Heart Healer. She had several patients that needed her advice and her magic. Lately she was wondering if there was some place she could go to hone her magic. She had already gone to school, and she was unsure if she could just shutter her practice and go back. What she needed was a place to go and learn and maybe even if given the opportunity teach.

While walking down the street she saw an intertesting flier for a magical guild being formed, one to learn how to use magic.

[colour=#800080]"Maybe I should check this out," [/colour]the mare said as she followed the directions. She then approached a building with a unique emblem, one that reminded her of Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's cutie marks.

[colour=#800080]"I guess this is the place," [/colour]Heart said seeing a group of ponies already assembled.

[colour=#800080]"hello everypony. I am Dr. Heart Healer. This is the meeting place for the magic guild, right?"[/colour]

9QqAB3q.png?2

Not too much time passed before Moondancer encountered more company; first a coat-wearing earth pony, and then a unicorn with goggles on her head. The second newcomer seemed to be the more sociable one as she asked if this was the place.“Hehe; you’re in the right spot!” answered a smiling Moondancer, relieved to know that she herself was at the correct location too; “This is where the magic guild’s going to meet up! Isn’t this going to be awesome?”

Sure enough, more and more ponies arrived on the scene. With each new arrival, Moondancer took it upon herself to let ponies know that they were indeed at the meeting site for the magic guild. The moon-flanked mare witnessed a pleasant surprise upon seeing one of the ponies; a purple-coated older filly she recognized as a friend of one of the students at Celestia’s School. “Heeeey, Spirit!” Moondancer loudly greeted the slightly-younger unicorn; “I remember meeting you at the magic school a while back; you’re Fire Heart’s friend, right? Do you know if she’s joining us here too?” At that moment, the white-coated mare mentally slapped herself for not telling more of her friends about this new guild. If only Icy and the rest were here too.....

Right after a Dr. Heart Healer had introduced herself, the clock-towers around town initiated a recital of bell-ringing indicating the coming of six-o-clock. Knocking on the door to see if their host would respond, Moondancer was surprised to see absolutely no sign that somepony was there. “That’s odd,” the unicorn thought out loud, stroking her chin in contemplation; “Why would someone send out open invites only to be a no-show at their own meeting?” With that spoken, thinking time was over; now was the time for action!

“Don’t worry everypony!” Moondancer boldly assured her new companions “Host or no host, we’re gonna’ hold this guild meeting! I think I can unlock the door, so stand back and give me one sec!” With a sudden flash, the white unicorn expertly cast a teleportation spell with hardly any ill effects and warped to the other side of the door (as teleportation was her specialty, she was one of the few unicorns who didn't get queasy when warping). A few brief moments later, the mare embarrassedly shoved the door wide open; “Eh heh heh, it looks like the door was unlocked! I guess I didn't need my magic after all.....”

Heading back inside, Moondancer took a minute to immerse herself in her surroundings. All in all, the warehouse’s inside looked like a fixer-upper. There wasn’t much inside of the large room other than a couple of cheap-looking fold-out tables and a bunch of hay piles lying in a circle next to the tables. Moondancer presumed that the hay was there for the purposes of being sat on. While the rustic décor didn’t faze the unicorn, an additional scan of the area revealed a ghastly oversight of heinous proportions.

~Huh, wasn't there supposed to be punch and pie?~

Moondancer waited until everypony was inside; once that happened, she then summoned a big smile to break the ice with her "magical personality"; “Soooo..... how’s everypony doing tonight?”

While hanging around with Licorice in the entrance-way was oodles of fun, the unicorn was pretty sure there was more to this than admiring a mare's cutie mark, which also seemed to be staring back at him. "How strange.", he intended on chatting with her, when he noticed the head scarf she wore, which he at first thought covered her horn, was just too tight on her head to conceal such a thing. Goodness Gracious! She was a Earth Pony! How could such a creature join a magic guild? She might have been one of the 'saucy' servants that he had hoped would be ambling about inside catering to all of his needs. He might have asked, but he heard a somewhat familiar voice from outside. He finally spoke up,"I believe someone is speaking outside.", he glanced around the corner as he noticed a familiar pony. One he had never really spoken to before, but had seen at the university as much as he had seen Twilight Sparkle. She was a bit of an 'egghead' if he remembered. An advanced student. She was probably the one who was leading this. What was her name? Sun Lancer? Star Manser? Final Answer? Smarty Pants? He would have to find out.

Finally glancing away from the cute blue mare, he left the entrance-way and cantered into the open where the others were standing. He did hear a few ponies while waiting. They had two doctors on hoof? That would be incredibly helpful during spell-craft. No need to be dragged by the tail to the infirmary after a spell mishap. One could be patched up in moments and back into the ring. How useful! He gasped when she teleported without a flaw. He couldn't even look at that spell in its book without getting a bloody snout. She was truly a top student, not some B- spell-caster such as he. He was surprised when she mentioned she was not the pony who sent out the invites. Was there another powerful mage out there? He doubted Celestia's favorite student had the time to run a guild. A few names floated around in his head as he watched the mare push open the door. "Oh.", he gasped, "We could have checked the door. Just wanted to be safe. No surprises.", he added with a sly grin.

He followed her, and probably Licorice (Unless she moved somewhere else) into the warehouse and groaned. While waiting those long sixteen seconds, he had imagined what would have been inside. The warehouse exterior could have been an complex facade, magical or not that hid an impressive wizard's lair filled to the brim with books of grand magical knowledge and wise old ponies in robes who could teach Pocket the really impressive spells he could have never learned without outside help. Most likely learning an life lesson and the spell in record time due to some simple learning process they only possessed. He also had dreadful thoughts that the inside would actually look like an old warehouse with a few giant wooden rope or cable spools college kids would repurpose for their dorms. He also imaged something even worst, and it looked like he was almost correct. It was just missing one of those giant brightly coloured orange plastic kegs that would feature an near-orange beverage that was created by no natural means whatsoever. No actual oranges involved. Just tap water and powder.

"Well, we all have to start somewhere." he had considered fleeing on the spot and heading home, but his sister was having one of her 'parties', but not one of her fun ones. She was sitting at the coffee table with her 'work friends' describing books they were working on. No outside friends allowed. No perky griffon. No crazy Pegasus mare. No flirty anyone. "I'm a little confused, Miss..", hopefully she will mentioned her name or things would get awkward. He quickly glanced at her flank, which had an crescent moon along with some stars. He did not brave a guess. He also did not notice any punch or pie. This was not good. "Miss, if you're not the one who summoned us, who did?" By then, he hoped somepony was near the door, or by then it probably would magically shut, dooming them all.

[colour=#008080]"You goofball!"[/colour] Licorice laughed with Moondancer about the silly little moment with the door, only she didn't join in. Licorice entered the warehouse, following in suit. She flaunted her flank over to a haystack and plopped her plot down. She glanced over the group's members, a grin on her face. [colour=#008080]Wow, there's some GOOD looking ponies here![/colour] Although her intent was to try and learn a thing or two about magic, the bangled little pony just couldn't help but notice! Licorice heard the question correctly, but took the opportunity to introduce herself. [colour=#008080]"I'll start!" [/colour]She stated with a smile, proudly lifting a hoof to her chest. [colour=#008080]"I'm Licorice, Licorice Black! And I'm feeling fantastic today. I'm just an earth pony, but I sure wish I wasn't! Magic is AMAZING, but the closest that I've been able to get is fortune telling and potion selling. I've traveled all over Equestria doing both in my cozy little caravan. I heard about the guild from one of my customers, actually! She was complaining about how her father wanted her to come by because she doesn't make very good use of her horn, but said that she just didn't like magic very much. I, however, think she's a lucky goose to have it!.... Okay, I'm done. Who's next?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]Razor Gears[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Razor G[/colour][colour=#000000]ears witnessed the young mare teleport flawlessly. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]Well that is something you don't see very often[/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor thought to himself. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]And it is something I cannot do... Maybe she has a trick that she could teach me that could help?[/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor, while very adept at any sort of magic that can effect a pony's physiology, teleportation magic always resulted in disaster for him. The last he tried it the magic blew up in his face, literally. Luckily it resulted in little injury and mostly just singed fur. Explaining how he singed his fur for the few days it took to become unnoticeable he did not enjoy however. He prided himself on being talented in magic and quite knowledgeable. She asked how everypony was doing. Before he could answer two other ponies stepped forward.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]A grey unicorn started by questioning absence of the organizer. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]Well, does it really matter? It is entirely possible that they are late due to picking up the pie and punch.[/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor retorted. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]I mean it isn't like this is a trap or anything... There are tables and chairs set up, so it isn't like some pony will show up behind us and lock us in.[/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor joked. He had issues taking things seriously. But he usually could become more serious if the situation called for it. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]Let us all wait for the host, in the meanwhile we can converse about why we are here.[/colour][colour=#000000]"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Another young mare, one of the earth ponies he had noticed earlier, introduced herself. Licorice Black she was called. She was just interested in magic on the whole. Razor found this rather interesting. She sold potions and apparently told fortunes. Razor didn't mind potions, but most fortune tellers were not very impressive, giving vague at best answers, so he usually didn't put much stock in it. It was a profession, that he noticed, many earth ponies tended to take. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]A magic lover, eh?[/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor said turning to Licorice. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]Do you brew potions as well or do you just sell them?[/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor was curious and tried not to be skeptical, magical knowledge was not limited to unicorns, but he figured it was only useful to them. "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]If you don't and know enough about the potions you sell, I can't imagine learning how to brew potions for yourself would be too difficult![/colour][colour=#000000]" Razor said trying to be encouraging "[/colour][colour=#0000ff]As far as I know, no potion needs magic to make, though I do find, in making medicines, that magic helps in gathering and preparing the ingredients. I do hope this guild will be beneficial to you. I'd offer some of my knowledge, but most of my exact knowledge of potions are in books back at my lab in Manehattan, though I suppose I can teach you the basics of preparation, though there might be others better suited.[/colour][colour=#000000]"[/colour]

"[colour=#0000ff]I hope it will be "awesome" .... er... wait, I don't think I caught your name miss.[/colour]" Razor said in answer to the young mare's first question. "[colour=#0000ff]To answer your second, I'm fairly well, and yourself?[/colour]" Razor didn't want to state his lack of abilities to this young mare, so he thought very carefully how to ask her about teleportation magic. "[colour=#0000ff]You seem to be very adept at teleporting, probably the best I have seen, do you have a secret to doing it so nicely? Most ponies I've seen teleport either can't go far or end up with singed fur.[/colour]" Razor inquired to the young mare.

"[colour=#0000ff]To everyone else, I believe I've introduced myself to everyone here, except the Dr. Heart Healer[/colour]" Razor started, turning to Heart "[colour=#0000ff]I'm Dr. Razor Gears, I'm a magical medicine researcher at Manehattan hospital. Are you a cardiologist? With a name like "Heart Healer" that is the first thing that comes to mind.[/colour][colour=#000000]" After Razor finished with his second introduction, he waited for others to start talking. [/colour]

Heart Healer was relieved that she was in the right place for the meeting. And it seemed not a moment too soon as the clock tower struck six. There was already a few ponies around including a very happy go lucky pony that introduced herself as Moondancer, a stallion named Dr. Razor Gears, an older filly accompanies by an older stallion, and interestingly enough an Earth pony. Well, Heart of all ponies was not one to judge but she wondered why an earth pony would be interested in unicorn magic.

Heart watched as Moondancer teleported into the building, only to find it already unlocked. She marveled at the problem solving skills the pony had, and her teleportation was also very advanced considering many unicorns could not even do such complex magic. The earth pony, who she learned was Licorice Black, explained her desire to learn about magic. Finally after she and Dr. Gears spoke, Heart decided to introduce herself.

[colour=#800080]"Hello everypony! For those of you that arrived earlier, my name is Dr. Heart Healer. I have the ability of being an Empath, meaning I can feel the emotions of others as if they were my own. I'm a psychologist, helping ponies with emotional problems like love, grief, and loss. I want to learn more about magic here and in helping others perhaps I can help imptove my own skills."[/colour]

Right when Heart Healer finished an older filly came running through the door before coming to a stop and panting as if she had run from one end of the city to the other.

[colour=#FF0000]"(pant) Sorry I'm late. (pant) My class was let out a little later today. (pant) Hope I didn't miss anything. Oh, we're introducing ourselves? I'm Fire Heart. I can create flames. It's a neat ability, mostly, but sometimes it's hard to control. So... hi!"[/colour]

Well, so far there had been a good turnout of ponies some of which making their presence known a bit stronger than others. He gave an amused smile at Gray’s showmanship and stop on his way inside to quickly greet the two. [colour=#add8e6]“Ben conosciuto, it’s good to meet those with great aspirations.”[/colour] With that he made his way towards the entrance of the building.

The interior was minimal but served its purpose well, it reminded him of home in a way. He walked to a bale of hay and sat down, unbuckling his saddlebags he placed them carefully on the floor. He sat resting for a while listening in silence to the other ponies introducing themselves. Once Razor had finished he decided that now would be a good time to introduce his self.

[colour=#add8e6]“I suppose it would be my turn to introduce myself. My name is Abbot Alembic, I’m a traveling salespony. I make and sell potion of all kinds to ponies in different cities.”[/colour] He paused pulling off his hood revealing his maneless head covered in tattoos. [colour=#add8e6]“I am originally from Itaily. And if you are interested Miss Licorice, I’d be more than happy to teach you whatever you’d like to know of potion brewing.”[/colour] He smiled warmly towards the blue mare.

[colour=#add8e6]“Well, that’s all I can really think of to say for an introduction, I guess it’s someone else’s turn.”[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Oh, hello, Miss Moondancer. It's good to see you again,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit spoke as she was approached, to her surprise, by a familiar face.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"i really don't know about Fire. Mister Gray told me it would be unlikely I saw any of you again today, but I guess it's possible."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]As his young charge spoke to the mare, Gray gave a sigh. All that energy expended on his introduction and it seemed to have fallen largely on deaf ears. That was the problem with the foals today, no respect for their elders! Didn't they recognized when they were in the presence of would who would usher them into greatness? They should really show some respect; it was his good will that had chosen to visit this bunch of unremarkable ponies. If this was to be a guild of legends, not some silly club for foals to chatter listlessly over pie and punch![/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]His irritation was quelled when a single one of the bunch stepped toward him, greeting him and complimenting him for his great aspirations. Gray wasn't sure what to make of these comments. Was the intent to patronize? Ha! His work had been published and circulated before any of this lot had even been born. Greatness was not something he needed to aspire toward. The tone seemed more genuine then that though. Gray could only assume this was no condescension but rather honest praise. Riding on that thought, he followed the rest of the prospective guild members into the warehouse. Spirit followed along.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]As he took a seat on one of the crude hay piles laid out around the punch and pie free table, Gray listened to introductions and began to build assessments of the ponies gathered there. First there was the mare who had let them in, who seemed to know Spirit. She hadn't given an introduction yet, but this mare made her talent known at once, displaying quite advanced teleportation magic; a useful skill--she perhaps would prove promising.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Less promising perhaps was this Licorice Black, who was first to give a full introduction; she was close to Spirit in age and an earth pony. This was rather alarming; Gray wasn't expecting to see earth ponies at a magic guild. Gray wasn't sure what to make of it, though he supposed unexpected elements could come as a boon. She had enthusiasm, and if she dabbled in potions maybe she wouldn't be so useless. It would remain to be seen, he supposed.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]The second pony to introduce himself, this Razor Gears, seemed more immediately respectable, even if Gray had never particularly cared for doctors. Medicine was an important branch of magics, and while Gray might have preferred an experienced practitioner to a researcher, it was an important field to be represented and this stallion at least seemed knowledgeable about a number of different things. The mare who followed him, also a doctor, but of psychology, likewise seemed respectable enough. Perhaps this guild really was going to be worth something?[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]The pony who had spoken to Gray before then introduced himself as Abbot Alembic. He struck Gray as a dignified sort. He noticed that like the young Licorice, he also happened to be an earth pony. How very odd. Also like her, he spoke of potions and from his words, Gray could assume he had a breadth of knowledge on the subject. Another promising enough guild member.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Your turn, Spirt,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray said with a laugh. There were two other ponies who hadn't given introductions, an amber gray stallion who had and white mare with distinctive goggles, but he figured it was a good time for Spirit to at least introduce herself.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"Tell them about yourself,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]he said, nodding.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Umm... okay..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said sheepishly from her seat as she looked around.

She was feeling somewhat overwhelmed. Seeing a familiar face in Miss Moondancer had been kind of refreshing, but she still just wasn't used to meeting so many new ponies at once. They all interested her. Licorice Black seemed about her age and had a lot of energy; Heart Healer just looked like a really nice pony and the rest all seemed kind enough. She just couldn't help but feel awkward with so many new eyes on her.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"My name is Spirit Flame. I live with Mr. Gray in Fillydelphia and work for him as an assistant,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said in a quiet, unwavering voice. She glanced at Mr. Gray who gave her an encouraging wink.[/colour][colour=#ffffff] "My specialty is in fire magic and I grew up in the Everfree Forest where I was raised by a mother manticore,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she added, not changing her soft spoken tone.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit tilted her head aside when a new voice caught her attention. A young filly had arrived who was all too familiar. It was Fire Heart, the good friend she had met last time she was here! Spirit smiled an uncharacteristically wide smile at the site of this dear friend who had similar magic to her own. First Moondancer and now Fire! Mr. Gray had said she'd only be meeting new friends today, and yet here were two of the ponies from before. Perhaps Miss Marie would show up too?[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Fire... I'm so glad we could see each other again,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said, calling her friend's attention to her, a slight cheery lilt present in her restrained voice[/colour].

[colour=#ffa07a]Gear Shift[/colour]

[colour=#ffa07a]"I hope so."[/colour] The salmon coloured mare said in response to Moondancer question of if it was going to be awesome.

Gear was a little surprised when Moondancer up and disappeared. Gear's mind instantly recognized a teleport spell and after the mare peaked her head out from the door of the building he assessment checked out. She walked into the structure behind everypony else. The unicorn thought of congratulating Moondancer of an excellent teleport, but everypony else seemed to do that. So she scraped the Idea.

Following the crowd she into the larger area she noticed that the place was extremely spartan for what was suppose to be a guild meeting. Nothing but hay seats and tables. It seemed grossly ill prepared for a pre-planned meeting, she didn't really care though. Gear would simply roll with any punches that came her way.

Soon enough everypony around her was introducing themselves and it ended with a young mare by the name of Spirit Flames. With only one more pony who hadn't introduced himself she figured that now was as good a time as any.

She looked around at the crowd, her analytic gaze stopping for a brief moment on each pony. [colour=#ffa07a]"It's nice to meet you all, name's Gear Shift. I'm a Techno-Magic engineer, meaning that I combine magic and machine to make something more. I live my life by a creed: 'Anything is possible with a proper understanding.'"[/colour] Her expression never really shifted, and her eyes remained half lidded the entire time. [colour=#ffa07a]"I hope that together, we can really do something amazing in the field of magic." [/colour]

The unicorn found a seat near Licorice Black, but before he sat down, he realized that he did not like the looks of that hay. How long has it been sitting there? Was there a chance it could be moldy? One can get 'Farmer's Lung' from moldy hay. There was also a good chance one could catch 'hay fever', along with the dreaded 'Pony Pox' or even 'hayitosis'! Thankfully the pony was prepared and his horn light up an emerald green colour. Several piles of handkerchiefs floated from his saddlebags over to the mound of hay. They all formed a neat pile protecting the unicorn's white flank from any number of horrible diseases the hay might have contained. Once this was situated he slid off his saddlebags and sat down. "One can never be too careful.", he assured the Earth Pony with a wink.

He listened to the others make their introductions and couldn't help but notice the slight looks of disapproval from some when they glanced at the earth pony. He too was a little confused why such a non-magical creature would be here. Still, he remembered one of his companions in his previous adventure. A mare named Ember Spark. She was as clever as any unicorn and as twice as brave, but she was an earth pony. Many of their foes as foalish as they would be, underestimated the little mare and ended up ruing the day they did. Pocket also knew even non-unicorns in the Royal Equestrian Army had to be prepared and took defensive classes on handling enemies who could use magic. So for now, he would give the girl the benefit of the doubt.

Once it was his ready to introduce himself, the young pony cleared his throat, "I am Pocket Change from Canterlot Commons. I'm a archaeologist and occasional adventurer. I have seen several of you before in the past, but until now, I have yet to have the pleasure of actually speaking with you. ", he was still not too keen about the room they were using and was almost sure there was something crawling up his leg, "I do hope to learn a good deal from you all and I hope I am capable of teaching you all a few things as well.", he smiled and waited for the next one in line to introduce him or herself.

9QqAB3q.png?2

The first pony to respond to Moondancer’s question was a light grey unicorn stallion; one who the mare saw around the campus all the time but had never gotten a good chance to chat it up with him before. Time to remedy that situation, the mare decided; “Well, I’m not sure who else it could be. I guess it anypony wanted to form a new magic guild, it’d be someone who’d be a bit older and more skilled than any of us here. Maybe it’s one of the magic professors either from the university or from Celestia’s School.” Personally, Moondancer hoped that Counselor Marie would be the one who’d turn out to be the guild founder. Immie was an awesome teacher, so the white unicorn didn’t put it past the counselor to think up of an idea like this.

Before Moondancer got the chance to ask for her fellow student’s name, another stallion by the name of Dr. Gears came up to ask about how she managed to teleport as expertly as she did. Judging by his earlier dig on the museum across the street, the doctor had an incredible sense of humor. “Ah, of course Doc; my name’s Moondancer,” the mare happily replied; “I’m super; thanks for asking! As for my secret... it’s simply just practice; lots and lots of practice. Oh, and an all-consuming desire to learn to master the teleportation spell too. Without these things, you’ll probably end up giving up rather than face constantly throwing up. I know I nearly did, tehehe.” Teleportation wasn’t exactly a pleasant experience for the uninitiated, as the moon-flanked unicorn learned the hard way.

Once the other doctor of the group, Heart Healer, introduced herself, an all-too familiar filly barged onto the scene. “Hey there Fire!” greeted Moondancer after Spirit Flame did the same herself; “Nice to see you drop by too! Know if any other students from the magic school are coming?” The college aetherology student also wanted to ask if Ms. Marie set the group up, but Moondancer remembered that Immie was never one to let students know too much about what she did outside of campus.

In due time, Moondancer was the only pony left yet to make an introduction... and she would readily oblige her fellow guild members. “Well everypony, since we’re saving the best for last,” the mare sweetly giggled as to let the others know she was only joking; “My name’s Moondancer, and I’m in the undergraduate aetherology program over at Canterlot University. I already know two of you here, but it would be my most sincere pleasure to-” the mare cut her speech short as she noticed something odd with Pocket Change’s leg; “Uhhh, is that a mouse crawling up on you Pocket?”

NivialIcePrincessBanner_zps2cbfebc0.png?t=1359134447

[colour=#6666ff]"Oh no, oh no! This isn't good. I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!"[/colour] A periwinkle maned mare had her flank in full gear, galloping full speed down the streets of Canterlot. Well this wouldn't be the first time she was late. She was sure she'd be late to her own wedding when the time came, but today was different! Over the course of a few months she had been thinking and coming up with a simply splendid idea, one that she was sure to have a wondrous out come. [colour=#6666ff]"A magic guild..."[/colour] Nivial whispered under her breath, veering around a corner, galloping even faster as she heard the dongs of a clock signaling the top of the hour. She had spent the few amount of bits she'd worked for at various odd jobs to have flyers made and posted them all around the city of Canterlot.

[colour=#6666ff]"The adventure!"[/colour] She shouted with a huge grin on her face, a few by-standing ponies looking at her with confused looks. [colour=#6666ff]"The treasure, the friendships!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Nivial began skipping, her mind going into a frenzy of thoughts of the idea of forming a magical guild. [/colour][colour=#6666ff]"It's going to be amazing-OOF!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]There was a loud rattling as the timid mare came face first with a warehouse door. Her cheek pressed against the could metal as she slid to the ground. [/colour][colour=#6666ff]"Ouch..." [/colour]She said in a barely audible and incomprehensible way. She rose from the ground, stroking her rosy red cheek as she gazed up at the towering door, gulping down hard. [colour=#6666ff]"Well this is it..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She thought as she reached for the handle of the warehouse door, only to pull away quickly and spin around in place, looking for something that should have been on her back. [/colour][colour=#6666ff]"Wait...Oh, shoot, I forgot the punch and pie!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Her mind had shifted gears as she readied herself to run back home and grab the decadent delights, but she stopped once more.[/colour][colour=#6666ff] "Oh...but what if there are ponies waiting on me. I'm already so late, I don't want to keep them waiting any longer..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She held her breath and made a sound similar to a steam train, before suddenly popping up with a determined look on her face. Nivial faced the warehouse door, used her hoof to shine the small sun-like emblem necklace around her neck, then pulled on the handle, the door creaking open slowly to reveal unfamiliar faces...[/colour]

• Like 1

It seemed that everypony was surprised to see that an earth pony was part of the group, but Licorice had expected this. [colour=#008080]"I do brew my own potions, yes sir! Because of not having a horn, there isn't much else magical that I am able to do." [/colour]Licorice's ear perked up when she was offered the chance to learn more about the subject.[colour=#008080] "That would be wonderous, thank you!"[/colour] Licorice accepted the mentoring opportunity with a smile. [colour=#008080]"I've actually been brewing potions for a couple of years now, but there is still SO much that I could learn!"[/colour]

There was something about heart healer that just drew licorice to her. She had a kind, loving aura about her, and so it didn't surprise Licorice at all when she had said that she had the gift of empathy.

[colour=#008080]"Alright, Abbot! That's way rocking, dude, you do kinda what I do! Do you ever miss it in Itaily? I get homesick sometimes.. but its just so much fun to be out and about! Yeah, I'd love to learn from you! You seem like you'd be pretty boss at potion making. You and Razor both! Man, I'm so glad that I heard about this"[/colour] The young pony just couldn't seem to stop smiling! It wasn't that she often frowned, but she felt like she could really benefit from being there. She didn't think that she would be of much use in the guild at first, but licorice was really glad to have came.

[colour=#008080]"WAITAMINUTE WAIT A MINUTE WAIT. A. MINUTE. Spirit, you were raised by a MANTICORE?! That's.. So intense!" [/colour]Licorice hoped that Spirit was just kidding, but she sounded sincere. Also, she had heard stories of the Ever free. It was allegedly a very dangerous place, but she heard that there were some rare ingredients there, such as phantom flower.

[colour=#008080]"I really like how you said that, Gear! Anything is possible when you understand it."[/colour] Licorice considered magic a science, but a science that wasn't yet understood. She hoped to understand it one day, however. If what Gears said is true, understanding it would make it possible for her, and although just a mere dream for the time being, it made her insides smile.

Licorice giggled at the pony. In her head, she was thinking [colour=#008080]What a fruit basket![/colour], but on the outside she just gave him a soft smile. She listened quietly. [colour=#008080]"Wow, you're an adventurer Pocket Change? Thats pretty awesome! Everypony has a story to tell, but I bet you have some really good ones if youve been questing and exploring and such! What kind of adventures do you have?"[/colour] [colour=#008080]An adventurer who's afraid to get dirty.. I love this guy already![/colour]

Licorice watched as Moon dancer's lips moved, but she just couldn't seem to make out the words! Moondancer was a pretty pony, and Licorice soon found herself staring. [colour=#008080]Wait.. She's talking, so evrrypony is looking.. Whew, that could have been awkward[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]Razor[/colour]

After Razor finished his second introduction, Dr. Heart Healer, made her official introduction. She was not a cardiologist like he had thought, but rather her name referred to the metaphorical heart, meaning she was a psychologist! Her ability was empathy, something Razor wished he had more of sometimes, but at the same time, having to deal with breaking bad news to good ponies, having too much empathy might not be good for the really tough times he has to face. This is part of the reason why he developed his rather odd sense of humor. She seemed respectable enough though, and it would probably be good to talk to her sometime. If anything because it is always to let go of concerns with a third party.

No sooner than Heart Healer finished introducing herself, a young filly burst in exclaiming she was late! She was red, but was covered in what appeared to be ash. "[colour=#0000ff]Fire Heart, eh? Well this seems to be a rather interesting young filly, to say the least[/colour]" Razor thought to himself. She seemed eager, and stated that she was talented in fire magic. "[colour=#0000ff]Huh, fire magic, I hope she doesn't light this place up, last thing I need is to start treating a bunch of ponies for burns.[/colour]" The last he met a fire wielding pony, the mother had rushed to the hospital to fetch a doctor, since the young colt was in no condition to make the trip himself. The hospital was busy, so they asked Razor to make a house call. Lets just say self-inflicted third degree burns is not fun to treat when the unicorn is so excited to learn their special talent. She seemed to have an OK grasp on her ability though, though admitted that it was difficult to control.

Next up was a light tanned earth pony, whom clearly had an Itaily accent, and even introduced himself as being from Roam. He was apparently experienced potion maker and seller. It was rather interesting to Razor to see not just one, but two earth ponies.

After that the older stallion's young companion spoke. She apparently knew Moondancer. The older stallion, apparently named Gray, seemed let down about something. He instructed the young filly to introduce herself. She was known as Spirit Flame, and like Fire Heart, practiced fire magic, they too seemed to know each other. "[colour=#0000ff]Wait didn't they say they were from Fillydelphia? How did they meet?[/colour]" She also said she was raised by manticores. Though the filly didn't have any reason to lie, Gears was skeptical... She did seem more talented than Fire Heart though, but this was only his initial impression.

After that a unicorn known as Gear Shift introduced himself. She was some sort of techno-magic engineer. "[colour=#0000ff]Well at least I have something to talk to her about![/colour]" Razor was raised to be an engineer, and his father never let him forget it until he was preparing for his graduation from university in medicine. But at least now he could have common ground with at least one pony here! She seemed to be rather interesting, and knowledgeable in her trade.

After that was a rather interesting pony named Pocket Change, an archaeologist and adventurer apparently! "[colour=#0000ff]I wonder if he has any interesting stories to tell of his adventures.[/colour]" He seemed alright enough, but Gears couldn't really pin what kind of magic he did. "[colour=#0000ff]Maybe he was one of those rare general magic types?[/colour]" Gears thought.

Finally Moondancer spoke up and formally introduced herself to Gears, and responded to the question. She seemed extremely nice. Her response to teleportation magic was rather disheartening to him though. It didn't look like he'd be learning that any time soon. She was apparently a student at the university in the aetherology program. Gears had heard that Canterlot University had one of the best aetherology programs in all of Equestria. "[colour=#0000ff]She must be pretty knowledgeable[/colour]" he thought. "[colour=#0000ff]I hope I have a chance to discuss magic with her in detail, even if she is a bit younger than myself.[/colour]" He really didn't learn magic in school, he went to normal university for biology, studying magic on his own, and then when he got into medical school he focused on medical magic. But his official tutelage in general magic was near nil. "[colour=#0000ff]Perhaps some of these ponies can give me official instruction in magic, that I never had access to[/colour]"

Just as all the ponies had finished introducing themselves, this strange white coloured pony came gingerly through the warehouse doors. "[colour=#0000ff]Who could this be?[/colour]" Razor asked himself. Not that he knew anypony there to begin with, he was still curious. He really didn't know what to make of her. She didn't seem particularly impressive. He really didn't know what to make of the young mare.

The young and energetic Licorice was the first to respond to everypony. She seemed rather excited to be able to learn alchemy from more experienced ponies. "[colour=#0000ff]Well at least she'll definitely gain something great from this.[/colour]" Razor was still unsure how benefitial it would be for him, at the least he wanted to be useful, and to practice medicine further, which was his true passion. When he found that ponies were unsure of his name and didn't want to be treated by him, he became dismayed. He loved research and thinking of ways to help ponies, which is why he loved speaking at conferences and the like, if he could help ponies by using what he knew, it was great! But there is nothing like a pony directly thanking you for helping them.

"[colour=#0000ff]That is great to hear Moondancer. It is a pleasure. And I saw that smirk earlier. I tend to make jokes of many things, it's actually a bad habit of mine[/colour]" Razor started. "[colour=#0000ff]And practice eh? Well perhaps you can help me with that. I've never really had much official instruction in magic until my time in Medical school for Medical Magic. And you seem to be rather knowledgeable, seeing as you attend one of the most prestigious programs for magic in Equestria.[/colour]"

"[colour=#0000ff]Well now that everyone is introduced, sort of...[/colour]" as Razor shifted his gaze at the new pony whom had just entered. "[colour=#0000ff]Why don't we get started discussing things? Licorice seems the most eager to be here, and it looks as if she'll be able to improve her skills at potion making.[/colour]" Razor started. He was slightly dismayed that she didn't mention him though. He didn't mind, I mean most didn't like doctors. He has had several patients claim that doctors were just con artists who charge ridiculous prices. When they found out that Razor charged next to nothing, they usually quieted down and allowed him to do his job.

Turning to Pocket Change "[colour=#0000ff]Though I don't share this young filly's enthusiasm, I too am curious of your adventures.[/colour]" Razor directly prodding the stallion. I'm not an adventurer nor do I get out much outside of major cities for medical conferences. "[colour=#0000ff]However, I must admit, had you not told me that, I'd have never guessed you were an adventurer![/colour]" he said with a slight laugh. He didn't mean to offend, but he thought an adventurer would be more...fit... Which Pocket Change was not.

"[colour=#0000ff]Well that is a rather interesting creed you have Gear![/colour]" Razor trying to start up a conversation with the engineer. "[colour=#0000ff]I may not look it, but I was raised by a family of engineers! I know quite a bit on the subject. My father nearly didn't let me live it down that I chose to be a doctor than a mechanical engineer! And I still don't think he is entirely happy, though he does think I'm meant for it now. I did... sort of save his life... even though I don't know how I did it![/colour]" Razor was in rather good spirits.

"[colour=#0000ff]And it appears we have two fillies that practice fire. I really hope both of you are more controlled than one patient that I had to treat! He got self inflicted third degree burns because a fire spell backfired! But it doesn't appear that will happen here[/colour]" Razor stated to the young fire fillies. He really didn't want to sound mean, but he was always weary of ponies that had destructive magic. There always seemed to be a young unicorn in the hospital because their magic got out of hand.

"[colour=#0000ff]Well at least if anything happens, I am pretty good with medical magic. Though I focus on researching new or expanding and improving current techniques, I am apart of my hospital's outreach program where I treat disadvantaged ponies when they need! So I do practice, though it isn't as much as other doctors! But young fillies, I do request that you try to refrain from burning this warehouse down, I'd rather not have to treat multiple injuries[/colour]" Razor said with a dry, almost forced laugh.

"[colour=#0000ff]So... to start... Why did everyone decide to join this guild?[/colour]" Razor asked to everypony. "[colour=#0000ff]I myself only wish to help ponies as much as I can, whether it be medical through direct usage of my magic, or spreading my knowledge of medical magic and my researched techniques. I though a guild would be a good place to start, even if it's base is in Canterlot, while I'm from Manehattan.[/colour]" Razor hoped to get some conversation going, introductions were fine, but rather boring... "[colour=#0000ff]Oh and please everyone, mind the hay, it doesn't look too hygienic! And Pocket, don't mind if that mouse bites you, healing something like that is a trifle![/colour]" Razor said with a laugh, knowing that such a statement would probably worry the young stallion.

• Like 1

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh Spirit! Nice to see you again," [/colour]Fire Heart said seeing her friend.

The older filly took stock of each pony as they made their introductions. Most seemed ok about her and her ability. The de facto head of the group, a stallion named Razor, seemed nervous about her and Spirit and asked whether the two had their magic controlled enough.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh, well I have my magic controlled, most of the time. But don't worry. I'm not going to hurt anypony with it."[/colour]

The doctor then asked a starting question about joining the guild, probably the most important one of all.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, I thought joining the guild would be nice to hear how other ponies use their magic. Also I want to learn how to control my magic more and to see how I can use it to help others."[/colour]

Meanwhile, Heart Healer noticed that aside from Dr. Razor, she was one of the older ponies of the group. Well, age aside she still was looking forward to having a discussion.

[colour=#EE82EE]"The reason why I wanted to join the guild, like Dr. Razor had said, is to help others. Being a psychologist, I always am looking for new techniques to help and I'm interested in how to improve my ability. More importantly, expecially since I live and work here in Canterlot, I desire to know how others think about their magical ability and how they go through learning it."[/colour]

"Muh?", The unicorn glanced down at his side and watched as a small white mouse scampered up his bottom right leg, "Er, Hello there Mister Mouse.". Once the small rodent found its way to the table, it stood up on it hind legs and squeaked angrily at the pony while crossing its front legs. "I mean, Miss Mouse. I didn't see the eyelashes and if I may say so, the very cute little bow." This was enough to appease the small creature who quickly scampered off in search of a meal. As he watched the mouse rush off, Moondancer's words floated around in his skull for a moment. "Be a bit older and more skilled than any of us here.", she had said just moments ago. While compared to most of those in the room, he was a bit of a spell-casting light-weight, but there were unicorns who possessed top level magics, or at least close to those levels in Canterlot. He just really didn't know any. Whoever they were, he hoped they bring some punch and pie!

The sudden appearance of Nivial snatched him out of his current state of pondering, and he nodded at the mare as she entered. This was supposed to be a guild, but it was feeling more like 'Ladies' Night' at the Ponyland Pub. Not that he any problem with that. Like the others, she was as cute as punch, and she did wear a necklace with a symbol he had seen before. At first he thought it was the Canterlot seal, but upon further inspection, he realized it was the symbol that was marked on the door they had just used. It was also on all the literature he had been sent before today. Still, she did not bring neither punch nor pie, so she couldn't be the one.

He smiled at Licorice, "Well, for the most part, I spend a good deal of time on sites, surveying, digging and the whatnot, however, I was recently part of a rather lengthy bit of a quest up north, beyond the Crystal Empire. While I am currently unable to go into detail about my adventures at the moment, I can at least mention that we did aid a clan of white griffons and I gotta say they were very interesting people. Their princess was a creature of pure beauty and strength, all rolled into a rather shapely figure. Wish I could have been able to stay longer in her hands..Er Lands.", he chuckled for a moment, "I may work with my mother to put out a book of my adventures once things are settled with the proper ponies. When we got back to Canterlot, the R.E.A pretty much took everything we gathered, including the clothes on my back, until I was able to show them the receipts I had kept for such emergencies. Once they go through everything to make sure nothing is secretly evil or too powerful, they'll hoof it all back so we'll be able to study what we had gathered in peace. And while I generally roll my eyes when ponies talk about 'Daring Doo' type adventures, I can safely say, it was pretty close.". He grinned proudly. "I've also been recently invited to what could be an interesting trip to the Unyasi to aid someone named Zecora. I do look forward to helping her and visiting the lands of the zebras."

"Why I joined?", he glanced over at the good doctor, "Well, pretty much what the others had stated. I wish to learn magic from others, and maybe even teach a few others some of the new spells I picked up while in the north. Most are cantrips, but I found them to be rather helpful during my journeys. So many unicorns have a bad habit of focusing mostly on the more flashier, the 'cool' spells.", he made quote-marks with his two hooves. "But if you're trying to get to the Grand Galloping Gala and your cummerbund accidently rips, I don't think a fireball or magic missile would do you any good. I rather like the practical spells."

[colour=#ffa07a]Gear Shift[/colour]

Gear was starting to feel a little better these ponies with each passing moment. As a group, they didn't seem too bad. Everypony around her seemed to bring their our energy and talents to the table making for a diverse group that she could no doubt learn from and she'd reciprocate with everything she had.

The salmon coloured mare nodded acknowledging Licorice's praise. She wasn't use to receiving praise, seeing as ponies were too busy calling her crazy for her wild inventions and unorthodox inventions. Apparently she was a travelling potion brewer. Gear had never really had the time to get into bio chemistry proper so perhaps the mare could teach her a thing or two. "I'm quite mobile myself. I travel around the country gathering inspiration and knowledge to help with my inventions."

[colour=#ffa07a]"Thank you Razor."[/colour] She said as she gave him a short nod. Another pony with knowledge of the body. [colour=#ffa07a]I've really got to stop putting learning this stuff off.[/colour] She said to herself. "Skill in the mechanical and the biological, a rare breed, I can already sense that we will be of great help to each other." Gear Shift wore a soft smile. Razor could perhaps fill in all the gaps in her research and help bring some of her other ideas into fruition.[colour=#ffa07a] "That sounds like quite the story, I await the day we can sit down over a work bench and chat about it."[/colour]

The stallion seemed to have started a new trend. "Why did you join?" Being the flavour of the new conversation. She listened to Razor give his reasons with open ears. [colour=#ffa07a]"Manehattan? That's where my shop is, shame I'm rarely there."[/colour] She continued listening to what everypony was saying. Hearing their reasons, she suddenly started to feel low, their purposes were all selfless. Hers were self absorbed, but seeing as she wasn't a pony to every back down, she was still going to say her piece and stand by it.

[colour=#ffa07a]"Well I feel like a terrible pony and I'd hate to be that mare, but here goes..."[/colour] She started. Her ears angled back as she looked at everypony.[colour=#ffa07a] "I joined for contacts, resources, and acclaim. Those are three things that I need to succeed. I have to know ponies to get my idea's circulating; I need read access to ponies who can assist me and materials to create with or study; I need my name associated with something with good strong credentials to be taken seriously. Yes, the end all purpse of my inventions is to help ponies, but I'm so far away from that goal... I must sound selfish right now."[/colour] She sighed, a little disappointed in herself. Everypony before her had come here with no other goal than help ponies, but she wanted more. [colour=#ffa07a]"Of course, I would give back to the group, i'm no leech. Feel free to come to me for any reason."[/colour]

((I like how everyone just assumes that ponies don't mind being called by just one part of their name if it's a two parter. Because of this I'm tempted to create a character name "A Pegasus Called Sky Fisher" who insists on everyone using his entire name.))

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh Spirit! Nice to see you again,"[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit smiled a little smile and nodded.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"Yeah... I had no idea..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said, feeling very glad. She truly hadn't expected to see her friend again here. She had planned to try and visit her again while she was in town, but now she didn't have to go out of her way. It was really exciting.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"WAITAMINUTE WAIT A MINUTE WAIT. A. MINUTE. Spirit, you were raised by a MANTICORE?! That's.. So intense!" [/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Licorice seemed alarmed. Spirit wasn't sure why this shocked so many ponies she told it to. To her, it was really just normal. She had been happy with her mother, even in that horrible place. She had felt safe with her.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Intense?" [/colour][colour=#cccccc]she questioned, head tilted aside.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"i think things were more intense when I was alone..."[/colour]

"[colour=#0000FF]And it appears we have two fillies that practice fire. I really hope both of you are more controlled than one patient that I had to treat! He got self inflicted third degree burns because a fire spell backfired! But it doesn't appear that will happen here[/colour]"

[colour=#ffffff]"You have no reason to worry over that. My fire is the one magic I am adept at controlling,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said to this Dr. Razor. She really had to have control of her fire. It had been the only thing which had kept her alive at one point.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]She nodded as the doctor went on to suggest they each explain why they had joined. After a number of the others had went, she decided to give her own.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"I joined because Mr. Gray told me I would be able to make new friends here if I did,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said in a soft voice, nodding to her aged caretaker as she did.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Gray Lexis gave a wry smile to the filly as she nodded back to him. This was proving at least interesting so far, though he wasn't quite impressed. The introductions had continued after Spirit with a mare who called herself Gear Shift and was evidently some kind of glorified magic tinkerer of sorts. Machinery was an interesting diversion, but Gray had never really put much stock in it. The stallion who followed this mare was more after his own heart though, being an adventurer by trade. Ha! Finally a pony who's actually out there living. Here he'd thought it was all going to be upstart children and stodgy bores. Maybe there was hope yet.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]His optimism deflated somewhat when the stallion doctor began to speak again. He seemed intent to take charge of things, responding to everything at length, setting the course of the discussion and generally carrying on. Gray could only assume he was one of those types infatuated with the sound of their own voice. He seemed well intentioned, but maybe too so. It was all too easy to tire of it. The conversation turned to reasons for joining, and most of them were unsurprisingly rather dry. The tech-head mare had the best motive and she seemed strangely ashamed of it. Why feel shame at desire? Achievements, a legacy! In Gray's mind that's what life was about. Life was too short for feeble ambitions.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Finding it to finally be his turn to speak, Gray first turned to the adventurer Pocket Change.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"You'll find few who hold a true sense of adventure in their hearts who will roll their eyes at Daring Do. This is a fantastic world we live in and in its uncountable bends it contains more surprises than any one pony could imagine. Any work that engenders in the youth a passion for a spirit to explore needn't be met with scorn,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]the older stallion said through a huff. A small smirk appeared then and he gave a nod.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"All the same, I can't say I've ventured that far North yet myself... and it might prove entertaining to hear the full stories of your ventures at a later time. You have my curiosity,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]he added.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Nodding, Gray faced the rest of the group and gave a smirk.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"I gave my name at the door, but I don't believe I've explained much more yet,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]he said.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"I am Gray Lexis. I currently reside in Fillydelphia, but lived here for a time while I was a professor and department head of Advanced Magic Theory at Canterlot University. I have a number of published works in a number of fields going back to when I was but a colt. I now maintain a private archive in Fillydelphia, housing only the rarest and most valuable books I can find. To collect my books, get ideas to write my own, or sometimes just for the thrill of it, I spend much of my time traveling the world, looking for adventure."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]The stallion paused a moment before continuing. [/colour][colour=#999999]"As for my reasoning for joining you today, truth be told, my reasons closest mirror Miss Gear Shift here. Worthy additions to my archive are proving increasingly sparse. Contacts and resources are what I need. If I am going to build the perfect collection, I can't do it alone, especially not as age starts to wear,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]he spoke in a stern voice.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Beyond that, I meant it as I said that I seek to lead us all into the legends of tomorrow. The age of the great unicorn wizards and their guilds and associations is long past, but that doesn't mean true greatness can't be aspired to or achieved if the right minds expend the right effort toward the right goals. In short, I seek two things: help expanding my collection and to see us all become something worthwhile,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray concluded and then went quiet.[/colour]