[Sugarcube Corner] Cupcakes Of Doom?

Dubstep

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fine fine, sheesh, no need to be snippy." Dark said rolling his eyes at the ponies comment, looks like he wasn't getting evil cupcake added to his arsenal anytime soon, "True true, this is an odd reaction indeed. I dread the thought that they'd have to be EATEN to get rid of! With that smell, phew, one can only imagine the taste, blech." he said shuddering a bit at the thought of it. The smell could nearly take the paint off a house, the taste could only be worse.

Watching as Pinkie Pie ran once more inside and returned with a shovel; upon her covering the cupcakes up in a hole, Dark clapped, "Well congratulations, you got...it.....oooor not..." he said as he saw the smoke floating up out of the ground, "It's like a bad movie...ATTACK OF THE KILLER CUPCAKES!" Dark said flailing dramatically as he laughed a bit, "Oh man, I'd actually pay to see that. That would be an awesome movie..."

Pinkie glared at Dark Core. Snippy? She wasn't getting snippy. She just maybe didn't deal so well with frustration. She grunted in exasperation and looked around at the ponies who were starting to gather, drawn by curiosity to the green cloud that was expanding outward to cover the sky above Ponyville. "Um, um, ok, I just need to stop this awful cloud. I need... some kind of airtight container. I think I can find one in the kitchen."

She dashed back inside and began loudly rummaging through the cupboards, grateful that the Cakes were out. She finally found a container that seemed big enough, and ran back out, shoveling up the sticky, slimy, smelly, smokey mess of dirt and terrible cupcakes. She gagged at just how horrible they were. "I guess for every success there has to be an equal failure, and those cookies were good."

She dug the mess up and crammed it into the container, sighing with relief as the green smoke seemed to be contained, at least for now.

Dark eeped slightly at the sudden glare, man this pony sure could be moody; regaining his composure as Pinkie ran back in for yet another time, Dark fidgeted around, so many ponies around now, the temptation to just dig up those cupcakes and lob them at everyone was growing more and more, but if he did, that'd just mean he wouldn't be able to get any of those cookies, evil or cookies? Evil or cookies? One of life's greatest questions taunted the villain more and more until the curly maned pony returned with a container and stuffed the heinous baked bads into it, "Ahah, well then, problem solved it seems eh?" Dark said with a nod, walking over and poking the container, causing it to rumble slightly, "Hrk, by Nightmare Moon's mane, those are some mean cupcakes...." he said, glaring at the cantankerous confection, "Now with that problem solved, at least for the time being. What about that next batch of cookies?" Dark asked with a hopeful smile, silently hoping she'd forget all about the whole, punishment for failing a prank, thing.

Pinkie smiled as the box seemed to be stopping the smoke from leaking out. Victorious once more. She glanced up, and her smile vanished, as the cloud that had already been released was covering Ponyville now, and a few weather ponies were already checking it out curiously. "Um... yeah, cookies, I'll, uh... get another batch of those started, come on." She grabbed Dark Core and yanked him back inside, away from potentially accusing eyes.

"Um... you want to listen to some music? I like to have a little music while I cook." Pinkie asked. Normally she'd just sing herself, of course, but she was still a little antsy about possible repercussions for that green cloud. She just wasn't feeling like singing at the moment. She sat the box on a counter to deal with it later, before stepping into the front and pushing in a cart with a record player on it. Under the player was a selection of records, mostly light pop music and folk tunes, though there were a few rock and roll records as well, since Rainbow Dash appreciated them, and of course the excellent DJ Pon-3 was well-represented as well. "Got any preferences?"

Dark squeaked and flailed as he was drug in, by his cape no less, "ACK! OW HEY! Watch the cape! Watch the cape!" he shouted as he kicked and squirmed, rather unvillainous behaviour coming from the dark lord. Snorting lightly as he was released, Dark brushed himself off and checked his cape for any damages or tears, the colt let out a sigh of relief upon seeing it was fine.

Thinking on Pinkie's question for a moment, Dark scratched his chin in pondering, "Hmm, music eh? Sure I can't see why not." he replied, he never listened to much music really, too busy for it, what with plotting world domination and his messing with Poison Joke, he had very little 'free time' to pursue anything outside of his glorious works of pure unadulterated evil! "Let's see what all you've got." walking over, Dark began flipping through the selection of records, mostly of artists he had never heard of really. Finally coming across someone he had heard of, Dark pulled out the Coltplay album, "How about this one, Pinkie?"

Pinkie frowned. "You sure you don't want something a bit more... upbeat? I'm already a bit disappointed after those cupcakes... Oh whatever, the longer I take deciding, the longer it'll be 'til the next batch of cookies are ready." She put on the record and set about set about mixing another batch of dough for those crazy cookies. She quickly got into the rhythm of baking, and her tension eased up as she forgot about the cupcakes, or the green smoke, or anything but the fun of baking.

She took care to slip in her secret ingredient when Dark Core wasn't looking. She still didn't completely trust him not to try to steal her recipe, especially after how much he'd liked the cookies. "OK!" She announced happily. "Another batch is coming right up, now back to experimentation. You have any thoughts on what I should mix with my secret ingredient next?"

Dark shrugged, dusting his cape off once more, "I was just picking something I was actually familiar with, most of those artists I've not heard of. I don't...listen to much music." he said, not that he wouldn't given that he wouldn't. The only thing standing in the way of that, besides his 'work', was having nothing to actually play it one, "Plus I've never been a huge fan of, upbeat music really. In fact, that's more upbeat than most things I listen to heheh." he said with a slight chuckle.

As Pinkie baked on, the dyed colt did his best to peer over her shoulder as she added that mysterious ingredient, to no avail. Stopping his spying after she began to turn around to place the cookies into the oven, Dark went back to sitting there, as though he had done nothing, "Hmm? Ahh wonderful!...Something else...something else....Well how about something with blueberries?" Dark chimed, one of his favourite foods were blueberries, and nothing could get his mouth watering like some blueberry candy, "That'd be really interesting."

"You... don't like upbeat music?" Pinkie said the words in disbelief, as if he'd he's just said he disliked breathing. "But... but what do you play at parties then?" She couldn't imagine listening to music even this mellow at a party, let alone music that made it look upbeat.

"Anyway, blueberries. Blueberries go well in pancakes, I could make some of-" She broke off abruptly and glanced at the box with the cupcakes. "Um, on second thought, lets stay away from any kind of cakes, at least until I get rid of the cupcakes. I don't have anything else to store them in if they go dragony again. Lets just start with testing the blueberries on their own, in case they catch fire or something." She trotted over to the fridge and rummaged for a moment before returning with a small carton of blueberries.

She took a single berry and dropped a single drop of rainbow onto it. Almost instantly, the thing began to swell up, until it was larger than even the apples from Applejack's farm. Pinkie poked it experimentally with a knife, but nothing horrid seeped from the cut. "Well," she said, "it looks safe. You want to do the honors?" She offered him the blueberry.

"Heh, parties? I'm not a 'party pony'. I've never been to one, never plan on it." Dark said, not counting the weddings his mother had drug him to as parties, he yawned lightly as Pinkie suggested pancakes, "Hmm, yeah, it would be best to avoid that then, disgusting, billowing, horrid cupcakes of doom were bad enough, don't need pancakes added on top of all of that." he said shaking a dismissive hoof, the thought alone was enough to turn the pony's stomach, who could ruin perfect berries like that? He thought. Waiting patiently as the chef dug into the fridge, Dark leaned on the nearby counter and watched her, having pretty much given up o trying to find out WHAT the secret ingredient was.

Dark's jaw dropped open as the blueberries suddenly grew, massive compared to their normal petite size; upon seeing Pinkie stab at it, the colt was relieved to see that nothing horrible or terrifying leaked from the swollen berry, "Hmm, don't mind if I do!" he said grasping the berry, sniff sniff, it smelled like a blueberry, lick, seemed to taste like a blueberry...Chomp! Upon biting into the berry, Dark's eyes opened wide, looking rather surprised for a moment before tossing the rest of the berry into his maw! "Oh my goodness that...WOW, it tasted like the BEST blueberry ever, such a strong but not overbearing flavour and..." Dark cut himself off as he started looking around, "Well now....that's different...everything is....blue....it's like looking through a blue tinted window! Wow..."

"Hmm..." Pinkie scooted up to Dark Core and looked him straight in the eyes with a sudden intensity. "Looks like you are looking through a blue-tinted window. Your eyes turned blue. And I don't just mean the way my eyes are blue, your eyes went totally blue all over, look." She grabbed a mirror, seemingly out of nowhere, and held it in front of him, heedless of the fact that him already seeing everything as blue would make the change impossible to distinguish.

"I wonder..." She said thoughtfully as she set down the mirror. Without warning, she lept over to him and yanked on his mane. "Oops, sorry, that was harder than I meant to pull, I just wanna see if the color is getting into your hair." She peered intently for a moment. "Hmm, it's in your skin a little, but it doesn't seem to be in your coat at least. Maybe just because your fur is so dark. There's a hint of it in your mane, though, it's looking a bit more purple than red. Don't worry, though, it's probably not permanent."

Pinkie turned back to the rest of the blueberries, frowned for a moment, and pushed them off to the side. She liked being pink. When she turned back, she blinked. "Er... are you a bit more round than you were earlier, too?"

"Hrk, what? Oh great, just what I need a....mirror...really helpful when all you can see is tints of blue already." Dark said rolling his eye, "Because I can TOTALLY tell a difOUCH! Hey watch the mane that dye's...err...wait purple?...It, wait it's getting in my SKIN?! Oh wonderful, just what I need, to be a walking blueberry, bluh..." he said facehoofing, this was NOT his day, not by any means, first he gets found and hogtied, then those horrid cupcakes, not being able to get ANYTHING evil done today, and now this! Who could take a blueberry villain seriously? Implying that he was ever taken seriously that is.

"More round? Errrm?" Dark looked over his body, other than hints of where the blue colours was starting to overtake his dye and natural colour, he didn't seem to notice any expansion of himself. Hooves? Check, but turning blue from the bottom up, tail check, but also turning, well with the dye, purple, "Ugh, this is NOT what I need today, can't something go right for me for once? I mean really! Or at least not go wrong? Maybe just have a neutral day where at LEAST nothing BAD happens to me! I dare not ask for a good day knowing my luck." the colt said rubbing his temple, "If it's not one thing it's another..."

"Oh it's not that bad. I mean, at least purple is a nice color, right?" She smiled at Dark Core innocently. "Besides it's good for a change, right? Well, we can just go over to Rarity's place, I'm sure she can fix up your coloring problem, she was able to fix it when that Trixie unicorn turned her hair green, so I'm sure she knows a way." She stepped to the door and opened it. Outside, the green cloud had amassed a small army of weather ponies, who were working to disperse it, and many of whom looked very angry. Pinkie slammed the door shut again. "Uh, but I, uh, I don't want to leave with the oven on. We can go when the cookies are done."

Pinkie watched as the blue slowly started to win out against the dye in his coat. "Hmm, it's actually getting worse." She peered at him intently, thinking. "I have an idea." She dashed upstairs for a moment, leaving Dark alone in the kitchen for a few minutes. When she finally returned, she had a small box labeled 'Beginner's Acupuncture Kit' in her mouth, which she set on the counter. "Maybe if we poke some holes in you, the blue will drain out. Now, hold verrrry still." She opened the box and pulled out a frighteningly long, sharp needle.

"Not that bad? I've enough purple with my cape! Too much purple and ponies will start thinking I'm a grape! I mean really! How am I supposed to be taken seriously like that?" Dark said, once more implying that he was EVER taken seriously; as much as the villain loathed to admit it, he was about as threatening as a small case of food poisoning, annoying, but you get over it. "Well as long as you think it can....er...right, cookies! That'd be a good idea heh." noticing the crowd of angry Pegasi, he knew it'd be best to wait until they had at least finished their job before attempting to abscond from the shop.

"Worse?! Oh wonderful, just what I wanted to hear, ugh...Alright..." Dark paced around the kitchen, not even bothering to attempt to cause havoc while Pinkie was away, too much on his mind, what with the turning purple, giant haze of smoke outside, AND the smell of those cookies distracting him. Glancing over as she returned, Dark glanced at the odd box, 'Wait....acupuncture?...' he thought to himself, "Well, I guess it can't be too bad, I mean it's not likeOH DEAR SWEET DISCORD KEEP THAT NEEDLE AWAY!" he said diving under a counter at the sight of the massive needle, "Nuh uh, no way, nope, nah!"

"Aww," Pinkie looked disappointed as she spat the needle back into the box. "Nopony ever lets me try this." She sighed. "Well, I dunno if we should try anymore tests. A lot of these are turning out a lot more dangerous than I had expected. Besides, I found one good recipe at least. Oh, but before I forget, there is one last important recipe I was gonna try. Don't worry, I'll test it out this time. I dunno what another dose of weirdness might do to you with that one still affecting you."

She opened a cabinet and pulled out a variety of jellies, which she busied herself with. She mixed a small about into the jellies and shaped them into rectangular shapes, before opening another pot that had been simmering on the stove. She carefully coated them in chocolate, and set them out to cool.

"That wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. They had these little chocolate jelly things last time I was in Canterlot, so I thought why not try making them myself. I just hope I got the chocolate right. And that they don't explode or anything." She gave Dark Core a sly grin. "These don't need to taste all that great, though. They're for a prank." She winked and popped one into her mouth all at once. As she attempted to chew it, it seemed to get harder to chew, and before long, her mouth was thoroughly gummed up by the weird, course-textured jelly material. "Mmph! Mmhp imm mmphckmk." She nodded happily. Now she just needed to find out how to get it out...

Dark shuddered for a couple moments after Pinkie tossed the needle back into the box before calming himself and crawling out, "Phew....I can see why.." at this point the colour change had fully taken over the colt, though the dye distorted the blue, "At least one good thing come from all of this then, one success can often outweigh any failures that darken the doorstep of science!" he said with a nod, and those cookies by far were worth the failures, "Indeed, I'd rather not risk becoming more of a mess than I already am." watching Pinkie set about her work, Dark smacked his lips, the taste of blueberries was still there, odd, he could smell blueberries too, "Hmm, odd..." he said to himself, "Hmm? Heheh that's pretty neat there." Dark said, watching the pink pony's mouth become gummed and stuck up with the odd gummi candy, "Now the real trick'll be getting that out huh? Heheheh." he said laughing. "Gah, why do I still taste that berry? Everything smells like blueberries too! Blargh!" Dark flailed, perhaps today wasn't the best day to sneak into the bakery after all.

"Hmmph mhp mh mhm!" Pinkie said emphatically. She frowned. Why did it always have to be stuff that kept her from talking? She gave an exasperated grunt and slumped down for a moment. She had to think. What was the opposite of jelly?

It wasn't long 'til she had an epiphany. If rainbows were spicy, and jelly was sweet, the solution must be something salty! And what could be saltied than... SALT! She opened up a cabinet and pulled a box of table salt, pouring it directly into her mouth. The taste was rather unpleasant. A little salt now and then was great, but this was TOO MUCH salt.

Still, her strange logic proved to actually work, though not quite for the reason she'd thought. The moisture in her saliva mixing with the jelly had been the catalyst for it hardening, and the salt counteracted it completely. Before long it had softened back into a wad of foul, salty gel, which she spat out in disgust. "Yeuch, blehhh." She made a face. "Tastes waaay worse coming out. Hmm, salt worked pretty well on that. I wonder if it'd help your thing too." She pushed the box toward him, helpfully.

Dark watched chuckling as Pinkie Pie struggled with the nefarious confection she had just concocted, the chewy menace gumming up her mouth and preventing her from getting a word in edgewise, "Heheh, I know a few ponies who could stand to eat those gummies all the time!" he said laughing, and by a few, he meant most of the ponies who knew, the fools could never keep their mouths shut, always yammering on about how he should be 'good' or that his cape was 'lame' or setting a tail on fire is not a good first impression.

Watching as the pony attempted her solution, Dark winced. Salt. SO MUCH SALT! More salt that would be needed on near ANYTHING for ANY REASON! "Blergh! That's gotta be horrible..." he said shaking his head as Pinkie spat out the horrid wad of goop, before offering the box as a solution to his problem, "Errm...I don't think that'll work...but I'll give it a try..." he said as he picked up the box, tilting it back and pouring a copious amount of salt into his maw and swallowing it....Immediately he started coughing, "HACK! BLECH! UGH! Horrible! Water, something, anything please!" the villain winced out, feeling like his whole body was dehydrated from that much salt, gagging at the taste in his mouth.

"Okie dokie loki," said Pinkie happily. She opened a cabinet and pulled out a pair of glasses, filling them with water and dropping a straw into each. She balanced one on each hoof and handed one to Dark Core, taking a long sip from the other. "Ahhh, refreshing!"

She set down her glass suddenly and put her hooves on either side of Dark's head, holding it in place so she could get a better look at him. "Hmm... still blue. Wait, is that a little green?" She stared intensely at him for a few minutes, not blinking once. Finally she spoke again. "Nope, false alarm. You probably just looked a little green from all that salt. Eating a bunch of salt like that would be enough to turn anypony green. Either way, no progress on the blue."

Pinkie looked around the kitchen. Her various experiments had made a mess of the place. There were dozens of dirty pots and pans, and strange, unnatural residues left around from some of the less successful ones. "Umm, I better get started cleaning all this up while we wait for the cookies. Would you kind giving me hand?" She turned back to him and gave him her best, pouty, pleading face.

"Bluh thanks!" Dark said as he grabbed the glass of water, chugging it down, not even noticing that some had drizzled from the corners of his mouth, causing some of the dye on his pelt to begin to run; through with the current state of blueification, it's not as though anyone would be able to tell anything more than the blue looked more prominent. As he drank, Pinkie grasped his head, trying his best not to spurt out the water he had in his mouth, Dark just stared back as she did, until she finally let go, "Ahhh, thanks for the water, oogh, so much salt..." he said shaking his body, trying to get the taste out of his mouth.

"Help you?! Why sho...oh don't do the face...t...that's not fair!...Hrrrngh...." Dark grumbled, trying his best to resist; why was it that EVERY single pony, no matter where he would go, knew how to do the face? With a sigh, the villain slumped slightly in defeat, "Alright, alright, I'll help, just, please, enough with the face..." he said, sitting his empty glass down and taking his cape off, folding it up and placing it out of harms way; if he was going to be helping, he wasn't about to let anything happen to his cape, "Alright, where do we start?"

Pinkie's expression instantly changed to a smug grin. "Great! OK, first thing's first, lets clean up all the dirty cookery." She pointed a hoof at a large-scale industrial sink. This was a bakery, after all, they were well-equipped to clean lots of dishes. "If you can gather 'em all up and toss em into the sink, I'll get 'em cleaned up in no time. After that we just need to get all the gunk wiped up. Ewww, there's even stuff on the ceiling, that's gonna be a trick to clean up. I'll get the inside of the ovens later, since I'm still using that last one to make the cookies."

Without hesitation, Pinkie grabbed the first few dishes and started cleaning them out, a task which went remarkably fast considering the number of things that needed to be cleaned. "Cleaning up is always the least fun part of cooking, isn't it?" She looked thoughtful as she rambled on. "Hmmm... I wonder if there's some way to get the cleaning up out of the way before the fun parts. That would be great!"

"Hrmph, yeah yeah..." Dark grumbled to himself, he couldn't believe he fell for that trick again, it just wasn't fair. A bit huffy, Dark carefully began levitating pots, pans, dishes, and everything else that needed to be washed over into the sink; magic always did make life easier, 'Ahh the wonderful part of being a unicorn!', Dark thought to himself as he continued, not even noticing he was singing along with the Coltplay song that just came, "♪Lights go out and I can't be save, tides that I try to swim against have brought me down upon my knees, oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing, come out of things unsaid, shoot an apple off my head. And a trouble that can't be named, a tiger's waiting to be tamed, singing, yoooou are....yooooou are...♫"

Snapping back to reality as Pinkie rambled on, Dark shook his head, 'Was I just....bluh, hope nopony heard that...' he thought, gathering the last of the dishes and placing them in the sink, "Hmm, if you've got something to catch the gunk in, I could chip away at it with magic perhaps? Or we could poke at it with a broom until it falls down." the villain suggested, glancing up and the hardened mess on the ceiling.

Pinkie grinned at Dark as he realized that he'd been singing, but she didn't comment. She'd have joined in, but she didn't know the lyrics to this song all that well. "I'll catch it in this," she said, grabbing the pot she'd used to boil the iced lollipop back into a liquid. She held out the pot and let Dark dislodge the mess on the ceiling.

The crud didn't resist, falling into the pot with a splash. Some of the water hit Pinkie in the face, and she laughed for a moment. "Hee hee, I go-" Before she could finish the thought, the sound of rushing wind errupted from the pot, and the water that had splashed suddenly rushed back in, pulling Pinkie along with it, into and through the pot. The pot then fell to the floor, empty.

Nothing happened for a few moments. Then there was a bright flash of light, and Pinkie reappeared next to the pot, holding a glowing orb in her mouth. She shifted it onto one of her hooves so she could speak. "WHEE! That was FUN. Whatever it was. Look, I found a, uh, shiny ball. And some weird-looking pony got real mad when I picked it up. Then I was back here. Oh well." She picked up the now-empty pot and washed it up as if nothing had happened.

It didn't take long at all to dislodge all the mess from the ceiling; piece after piece dislodging and falling into the pot that Pinkie Pie held; who knew that making candies and pastries could get THIS messy, or dangerous for that matter! But as Dark was getting ready to comment on those facts, Pinkie was suddenly pulled right into the pot of, well, whatever that stuff was! "WHAT?! How! And she just....into the....with...but...huh?!" the villain stammered; she just got sucked into that pot! That's NOT normal, well, not normal in most places to Dark's knowledge.

The stammering went on as Dark paced around the pot, surely there must be some sort of explanation, he thought. Though as he leaned down to peer into the pot, with a flash of light, the filly was suddenly back! In surprise, Dark fell backwards onto his flank, "GAH! You're back! Where did...and how did you...what's....weird pony and? You disappear and then act like nothin...bah I just....OH my poor aching head..." he said as he rubbed his temples, this day went from bad, to worse, to OH DEAR DISCORD, to okay, to just plain freaky in the matter of around an hour; just WHO or WHAT was this pony? "N-never mind...The dishes are all in the sink, so now what?"

"Now it's time for cookies!" On queue, the oven timer dinged, and Pinkie trotted over to turn it off. She pulled the tray out carefully. She'd made a full batch this time, so there were a lot more. "Hmm, looks good, let it sit a few minutes so we don't burn ourselves. Hopefully it's not one of those recipes where you can put the same stuff in and get something completely different."

She picked one up gingerly, ignoring her own advice. After blowing on it a little, she took a tiny bite, shivering at the delightful little tingly feeling. "Nope, it's still just as good. Alrighty," she grabbed a box and slid the still-hot cookies in so they could be carried along. "Lets go try and get that blue fixed up." The weather ponies had finished clearing up the horrible smoke, but Pinkie cautiously led Dark out the back door, just in case. "Um... what do you think we should try first?"