Zelda [Ready]

tacobob

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Zelda or “The Blacksmith”.

Sex: Female

Species: Griffon

Eye colour: Ice Blue

Coat & Tail colour: Very Dark Grey. White tipped tail.

Mane/Markings colour & Style: White. Sometimes she dyes the tips when feeling 'arty'.

Physique: Fit yet feminine.

Cutie Mark: None. She had considered getting a tattoo. Then she saw the needle. No thanks!

Origin/Residence: Born in Rockwington. Moved to Canterlot as an young adult for college.

Motivation: To advance both her art skills and renown.

Likes: (optional) Her art, fellow artists, challenges, old (and new) friendships.

Dislikes: (optional) Fussy clients who don't know what they really want, prudes and only 24 hours per day!

Character Summary:

Zelda was born to a decent sized family of griffons in the village of Rockwington. Like her father had before her, she showed signs and promise of being a blacksmith. She had grown up reading books and admiring the ancient griffons of yore who clad in armor stood along with their allies and helped defeat great evils that dared invade their lands. However, peace had long been a resident in nearly all of the civilized lands, both of Equestria and Aquellia for what had felt like forever. Dragons for the most part kept to themselves and ancient evils had decided to keep themselves dormant for a very long time. There were occasional rumors of dark foes or evils raising up, but they were quickly subdued or stopped without a hint of violence or bloodshed. Many of the old foes were even reintroduced into society after both time and loved ones had long forgiven their previous dark deeds. Her father had no need or desire to make weapons or armor and stuck to the more practical and in demand tools that griffons needed such as agricultural implements, cooking utensils and the such. Zelda was trained by her father and she was able to produce such tools, but she also trained on the side to make armor. She knew there was next to no demand for such a thing, but she still enjoyed crafting and displaying her ornate armor. Unfortunately her beautiful armor sat in her storage rooms and got dusty with the exception of a few that were purchased for display or a for a brave griffon or two who decided to take up adventuring. Her armor for the most part was pretty, but served no practical purposes in the 'modern world' for most. After a few years of working side by side with her father, she heard that Canterlot was always in the need for skilled blacksmiths and a few of their better trained smiths had either retired or had moved into other fields. It was decided then, since she was of proper age, she would attend a technical college in Canterlot and also work on the side as a blacksmith.

She arrived in Canterlot and set about attending the local school and also worked part time for the R.E.A making new armor, which was mostly ceremonial, but still very appeasing to one’s eyes, and also fixing or resizing older armors. She also made bits creating armor for local jousting hobbyists. Still, orders for new armor were pretty rare, so after spending a year in school, she set upon a new project. She found out that the higher classed, richer ponies enjoyed having armored figures or statues in their homes. Many wanted figures created to celebrate and honor favorite and beloved ancestors. At first, she simply purchased simple mannequins to place her armor over, but after a few lessons, she started to make her own. And for orders where the armored figure was not wearing a face covering helm, she learned how to craft realistic pony heads. Still, these mannequins were not up to par in her own mind, so she took sculpting classes. Now she was not stuck with simply metals to work with, but she had clay stone, metal, ceramics, wood and other materials she could use to make her art with.

Zelda herself is known for her friendly, gregarious personality. Always happy to be in the company of those who enjoy art, she also found that she rather enjoyed the company of ponies. The smaller creatures were true social beings and generally kept a rather positive mentally on most things. She was rather surprised to hear that Queen Chrysalis and her army of changelings had not been defeated not by weapons or magic, but love itself! These equines were always good for a few surprises. Over time, she befriended more than a few involved in the R.E.A along with a few choice ponies who attended her school. She found it useful to have friends for both their company and their rather usefulness in being last ditch models if needed. She shared a bond with two mares, a member of the Royal Equestrian Army named Fire Walker, and a unicorn named Docket who worked for a publishing company.

When outside, the young griffon can usually be seen wearing an old baggy hooded sweatshirt. Not only is it comfortable, she always liked how she looked with her hood up. She generally wears a pair of shorts under the sweatshirt usually adorned with a handy belt, which she could attach a handy tool or two to.

jaujhg.jpg

Always wanted to make a griffon for this board. And as cool as they are, we've only seen two in the show so far. A younger girl with issues and an older male while snooty, a professional and nice guy. I assume the relationship between Canterlot and the Griffon kingdoms are alright considering Griffons are free to enter pony lands without restrictions and the older griffon Gustave Le Grand was permitted within poking distance of Princess Celestia. So if any other griffon players have any tips, please give me a holler.

Equestria and Aquelia are on very peaceful terms. So, yep, griffons are perfectly welcome anywhere in Equestria. You'd probably be less likely to find one in Canterlot than in Stalliongrad, Cloudsdale or any of the Roughrider Ridge towns, but they'd definitely be allowed there completely fine. :)

Also, "younger girl with issues"? *Gilda glares* :twisted:

Well, maybe younger adult. Gilda is no villain, but she has issues that could be worked out. Maybe we'll see her in another season or two. :!:

Hehe. I really hope so. :)

Even if I kind of always fear a return might make her clash with my RP interpretation of her somehow... :blush:

Hi Tacobob!

Zelda's a very good, well written app!

All of the required fields are filled, and it is very well written!

Great job!

:D:D:D

• Like 1

Many thanks Mojo! Griffons were rather hard to write up since the show doesn't give us much to work with. Thankfully there's plenty of resources here on the site to make things a bit more easier... :)

Oddly enough, I never intended my last two OCs to be LOZ references, but I made a Wind Walker and a Zelda. For Wind, all of her siblings had Walker as a second name. Fire Walker, Moon Walker, Punk Walker, Speed Walker, Walk Walker, etc and Zelda...From what I've seen, Griffons seem to have 'human' names, unlike ponies, and I liked the name Zelda. Was thinking of a short name like Gilda.