[Ponyville] After School Plans [Closed - by invite only]

Bramble Rose

Dark scratched the back of his head as he tried to think of a good explanation, "Well....it's hard to explain...I mean, I'm trying to take over the world after all! Global domination and all that and...sometimes you gotta be a little, well, mean to get there, nice colts never get what they want. The masses live on like nothing's wrong with the current rule and are blind to the troubles that are just beyond their sight! I for one am not so blinded, hence why I want to rule! I could make it a better place, and nicer world! But...being good doesn't get that does it? It gets you picked on and knocked to the ground...or chased with baseball bats..." the villain said with a shudder, thinking about his time back in Stalliongrad, "B-but no more! Heh...No more....I'll take over and everything will get better...for everyone..." staring at the ground, Dark did his best to make himself believe that, that everything WOULD be better, but it was difficult.

"As...uhm...for school? I...don't go to school cause one, my parents aren't around to enroll me and, two, I prefer studying in the quiet solitude of my lair, the less distractions the better. So I just come by now and then and nab a few books. Usually about once a week, I hadn't gotten caught until you found me heh..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple Haze frowned a bit. "If'n ye wanna make everythin' better, how do ye wish tae be a villain? Oi'm afraid Oi dinnae quite unnerstand... " She rubbed at her chin with one forehoof as she pondered over this. "And Oi dinnae see how ye kin make everythin' better by bein' mean. Oi mean, if'n ye be mean, ye'll jes' make other ponies want tae be mean... cuz ye're doin' th' same thing tae them. Meanness makes more meanness."

And she smiled up to him, then, a bright and cheerful smile. "Besides, Oi'm bein' nice tae ye, and ye're nae chasin' me with a baseball bat! Ye're bein' nice tae me! That's th' great thin', roit? Friendship makes more friendship, roit? Oi mean, sure ye need tae stand up tae the meanies when they chase ye with baseball bats, but that's wot heroes an' wot are fer, innit?"

She nodded firmly. "And if'n ye get chased by baseball bats, Oi promise Oi'll stand up nextae ye tae help ye." She patted Dark Core on the shoulder. "Oi'll protect ye, Dawn, dinnae worry! Oi'm roit good in a scrap!" She hunched her head and glanced around quickly. "But dinnae tell me big brae, roit? He gets all upset when Oi get in a scrap."

"W...Well I guess that sort of makes sense...But being a villain makes everything easier...Heroes are too good for their own good usually; always, following rules and doing the 'right and socially acceptable thing'." Dark said, rolling his eyes lightly, "I mean, a little evil can do a lot of good, if done in the right way. That's why I want to take over the world! If I'm always following the rules of society, I'll be stuck where I am, as I've always been...A nopony...And I don't want that anymore. I do these things for the greater good, I know I do..." he said, though he DID sound rather unsure of himself now.

"I just, am not cut out for being a hero. Evil to the core and all that you see. But you're right I suppose heh, I guess it can't hurt to have, a couple f...fri....ponies I don't hate heh." Dark said with a nod, still finding it hard to accept that he, the greatest villain in all of Equestria, would have, friends. So in his mind, he called them minions, it made it easier. If minions let you down, you can just be upset at them. If friends let you down...it hurts...

"Hehe, if there's one thing I can do, is defend myself...s'about all I'm good at besides messing around with Joke...Though I've been told I'm good target practice by one pony who threw apples at me. But that's a story for another day I suppose! And don't worry...To be honest your brother kinda scares me, like he wants to skin me alive..." Dark said shivering a bit, just the thought gave him the willies.

Purple Haze let out a soft laugh as she tossed in some round crinkle-cut carrot chips into the garlic-and-butter in the skillet. "Really? Ye think a superhero follows th' rules? Ye think Superstallion lets th' city guard take care a th' bad guys? Ye think Batmare reads criminals their rights? Oi'll tell ye what, laddie, steppin' outside th' rules tae do what needs doin' fer th' good ah all is what a superhero does! And ye cannae be evil tae th' core if'n ye want tae do good in th' end!"

She gave the skillet a shake over its small flame, then went over to check the boiling water in the next pot. She turned the fire down a bit and added in a few spices. "And dinnae worry bout moi big brae. He's a roit pushover, he is. Loves everypony. But Oi'd be roit tickled tae be yer frie- ... a pony ye dinnae hate!" She winked at him. "Oi'll even give ye a chance tae convince me! Tell me about how ye did somethin' evil wot turned out fer th' best!"

"Well...I guess you're right...but well..." Dark pondered quietly to himself, trying to think of counters to the filly's reasoning, sound as it was, "I mean...well, villains are cool right? They never get the respect they deserve in comics, heroes always stompin over em; maybe their like me, maybe there's a reason they do what they do...I....I don't know..." he said rubbing his head; somewhere inside Dark KNEW she was right but, he had quite a lot of thinking to do. Evil WAS so much fun after all. He couldn't very well just up and all of a sudden give everything up that made him THE single most evil pony in Equestria could he?

"Hehe, still, I don't wanna wind up on his bad side..." Dark said, sniffing at the air as the food cooked, "Mmmm, smelling amazing Purple; you really know your stuff." it did smell really good; not to mention Dark was exceedingly hungry, having not eaten all day. A good home cooked meal could do the colt some good, "S..something that turned out for the best?...Well there was...no that didn't work....Well that one....no I wound up blue.....W...no made her cry....OH! At the Gala, I snuck in and wound up meeting a couple ponies. Made a dance partner and a f...ahem, pony I don't hate, there. That counts right?"

Purple-Haze-Banner.png

Purple Haze laughed softly. "Ye silly! Gwan tae a party innae evil!" she giggled and dumped some sliced carrots into the boiling water, then walked over by the taller colt. "An' villains innae cool! They're a roit nuisance, they are! Buncha big bullies! An' stupid! Nae tae mention villains always lose. Lookit Nightmare Moon! Haverin' villain, innit? Knocked roit out by niceness, spent a thousand years onna moon!"

She leaned closer, grinning a little bit more, inches away from Dark Core. Her voice dropped a little. "But moi big brae, allays talkin' bout scientific method an' wot, innit he? We'll just have tae have ourselves a lil' experiment, then, an' test the hyper-thesis, loik he'd want me tae! Oi'll be nice tae ye, an' ye be evil tae me, an' we'll see who wins, nae?"

With that, she nuzzled lightly along Dark Core's cheek, then drew back just a bit before pressing her lips to his, experimentally. She'd never kissed a colt before, and she didn't know what was possessing her to do so now, but it just seemed like too much fun not to go with it! And she'd never been much one for holding back!

"W-well I mean, I snuck in, ran up some roofs then up the wall to get in...So...that's kind of evil, right?" Dark said rubbing the back of his head, "Villains do look cool though, and...I mean I've been called a nuisance before...plus other things I probably shouldn't mention...But I'm not a bully or anything...Nightmare Moon was AWESOME! Eternal Night sounds like it would be a blast. Always quiet, soothing, I'd love it." Dark always enjoyed the night more, mostly cause that was when the beasts of the Everfree slept, and aside from the Hydra in the bog snoring, Dark could get some peaceful quiet reading done.

"An experiment?" Dark said, gulping slightly as Purple neared, "Well, what do you mean exacMMPH!" Dark's question was cut short however as the filly pressed her lips to his; locking up Dark stood there in shock, sweating due to both nervousness and the warmth of the kitchen, which started his pelt dye running. The villain's mind was locked down, no thoughts running at all; the only other time he was kissed was back 4 years ago in Stalliongrad, when a girl was dared to 'Pick a loser and kiss him' by one of their friends; so this assuredly came as quite the shock.

Carrot Fields managed to pull a half dozen really large, deep orange carrots; perfect for making those fancy meals his little sister always insisted they have. In his mind, they were perfectly good as they were - all they needed was a nice dip in the nearby creek to get the dirt off, and they'd be a right tasty meal. He already knew what his sister would say to that, though. "Big brae, ye ne'er eat well! Raw carrots innae a real meal!" or something to that affect.

Trotting back to the house, he had a small smile as he carried the basket of carrots. Despite all her pestering about them, Purple Haze's meals were truly a blessing. She was really good with cooking, and the look of pride on her face when offering her latest masterpieces always gave him a small swelling of pride as well. He was so proud of her, which is why he so wanted to protect her. She was the closest family he had, after all, and the responsibility of a big brother to his little sister was strong.

Trotting in the door, Carrot entered the kitchen and just stopped. He dropped the basket with an audible thump! There was no sound from the young gray earth stallion though, just a look of shock. Incredulous shock. He inaudibility mouthed something along the lines of "how dare you," but in a much sharper accent, peppered no doubt with curse words he would otherwise always care to avoid saying in front of his sister.

It took everything within him not to snap in anger, trembling anger ...

• 2 weeks later...

Purple Haze broke the kiss and smiled happily. That had been really nice! She smiled brightly to Dark Core, then looked over to see her big brother standing there, with the oddest expression on his face. "Aye, thankee kindly, big brae!" she said cheerfully, prancing over to him with an extra spring in her step. "Wot's eatin' ye? Ye've got th' oddest 'spression on yer face, brae! Ye look just loik th' ole sire, ye do! Roit scary! We ain't got gophers in th' fields again, have we? That'd be dire!"

She hopped up to put her little forehooves on the basket so she could peer inside at the treasure trove of carrots within. "Roit, this'll be a good plenty! Thankee gain, big brae! Oi love ye!"

As much as she had noticed the odd expression and body langauge, she was completely oblivious to the reason for it. After all, she and Dawn hadn't done anything wrong, why should she suspect he was angry at them?

Dark stood there, locked up in a combination of confusion and fear; his heart skipping beats with how fast it was going, thoughts flashing through his head at a thousand miles an hour, 'What just happened, why did she, oh Discord he looks mad, I'm going to die here aren't I, I just wanted a meal, that's all. Is this punishment for trying to steal books? By Nightmare Moon's mane I swear if I survive this day unscathed I'll only steal once every two weeks.' the colt thought to himself as he broke out into a cold sweat, 'Okay Dark, calm thoughts, think about...reading poetry, mom's cooking, throwing water balloons at ponies, world domination, Cat N...Cat Napper....' a small smile broke out onto Dark's face at the thought of the pegasus he had met not long ago at the Gala, it was so strange, thoughts of her soothed him more than anything.

Gulping and shaking his head to clear his head, the villain stood silent, staring at the ground, too terrified still to say a word. Lightly his stomach rumbled, the smell of the food growing stronger, as did his hunger. He quietly prayed to the evils that be that he'd be able to eat, and then get out of there as fast as he can, before Carrot decided there was a hole out back with Dark's name on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking down at Purple Haze as she spoke to him with such cheer in her voice, Carrot Fields can back from the edge of sheer rage. Well, part of the way back. He looked down at his beloved little sister, the filly looking back up at him with her usual warm, enthusiastic, adorable smile; the filly that was no longer a foal, no matter how much he still saw her as much. Carrot gave a weak smile. "Of course, Purple, I'm sure you'll make something wonderful out of these for us and ... your little colt friend here."

Carrot looked over at the dark unicorn colt with a cold stare. If the fact he had kissed Carrot's innocent little foal of a sister wasn't bad enough, there he was smirking, as if to tell Carrot that "yeah, I did it, and I'd do it again!" At least that was how the gray earth stallion was reading it. Why that little Numpty mule, comin' intae my home, takin' advantage like that! What kind of colt is this, I'd never ... Of course, Carrot remembered a few moments from his colthood years, but this was different! And that was all the more reason to be careful!

"Purple, why dinnae ye start dinner here while yer lil' ... friend and I go outside. Oi kin show him 'round the farm, chat with him stallion to er ... Well, ye get th' idea!" Turning to walk back outside, Carrot looked back at the dark unicorn colt with a flat expression, "ye coming?"

• 4 weeks later...

Purple Haze smiled happily. Yeah, doing stuff together! Her big brae liked hard workers! This was Dawn's chance to make some friends!

"Aye, good idea! Oi'm feedin' me class tamorrae, so Oi could really use a few more carrots! Big Brae, woi dinnae ye show him how it's done! Dawn's a roit hard worker, he is!" She pranced over to Dawn, with a cheerful, "But ye'd better leave yer cloak here, or else it'll get dirty!" She nuzzled under Dawn's chin to undo the cloak, then pulled it off of him and offered it to him. "Woi dinnae ye put it up over in th' other room?"

As soon as Dark Core was out of earshot, Purple Haze turned worriedly to Carrot. "Oi, Big Brae, ye be careful, wille? Ye're in a bad mood, an' Oi dinnae ken tae why, but Dawn there's a jumpy sort... Oi think he's tryin' tae take care a himself, he dinnae have a big brae like ye, or parents, tae take care a him. We kin talk bout what's got a bramble under yer harness later, but try tae be nice to him? Oi don't want ye tae scare him off by accident!"

Dark's thoughts were stopped as he jumped in surprise, being snapped out from his own little world upon Carrot addressing him, "Ah, uhm, ye-yes sir. Right away sir. Heh. I'll uh, yeah, do that real fast." he said nervously, 'Just stay calm Dark...' he thought to himself as he took his cape to the other room, 'Nothing bad's going to happen, just a little walk around the farm, a small chat, helping him get some more food, everything's going to be just fine. It's not like YOU did anything wrong, after all, she's the one who did that...Not you. You're in the clear. Right?' folding up his cloak carefully, he sits the silken purple cape onto a table in the other room before returning.

Having missed any talk of him, Dark nervously coughed, "Ahem, there we a-are. Should be ah, good to go." he said walking over to Carrot. Trying his best to not look intimidated. After all, villains can't show fear in situations like this, it's highly unvillain like after all. Stiff upper lip was it? Wait, no don't want to look smug, that could be very bad, just, play it cool. Hopefully Dark would be able to not only keep his cool, but his temper too. For his sake more than anyone else's. Cause no one really would want to see a colt bloodied and bruised from flipping out.

• 2 weeks later...

Carrot Fields nodded at his little sister, Purple Haze, and her request for extra carrots for her class. Oh, how she loved to show off all her carrot based creations for her classmates! That was perfectly fine by him, great even, as that meant more potential customers for their many kinds of carrots. The idea brought a brief smile to his face, although he was soon back to looking more grim as his sitter again talked to their erstwhile "guest". Carrot needed to put him in his place, colts were not going to walk into his home and start getting all kissy with his sister!

The plan of scaring this colt straight and away was suddenly turned on its head when Purple whispered to Carrot about how he had no family to care for him. Suddenly Carrot felt bad for him - how can he scare the poor colt away now, knowing this? Nuts and shoes! Purple always had to appeal to his big soft side, always knew exactly what to say to him.

Carrot Fields turned around and walked outside down a path towards the barn that held his workshop. "Afore we hie tae get some carrots, Oi kin at least show ye moi pride and joy!" Walking into the barn, one could see where Carrot built or fixed everything he could for the farm, a large work bench, all kinds of tools, equipment, and lumber sitting about. He had personalized the place with his own touches, a gramophone to listen to music with, various momentos from his days in the REA, sports pennants, and even a few Wonderbolt souvenirs. It was obvious he liked the Wonderbolts - he had alluring pinup posters of the mares that were part of that elite group over the years hanging up all over the place.

"Loik th' place? It’s me own personal domain, where Oi work in peace an' quiet and away from the world." With that Carrot bucked the double doors closed behind them and trotted over to one of the large hoes he used to till the ground. Carrot looked rather wistfully as he ran his forehoof along the sharp metal blade of the hoe, "yep, its roit barren back here - ye dinnae hear anypony, and ye dinnae bother anypony with yer own noise." he hissed softly and pulled back his hoof. "Yup, that's sharp enough." Turning back around with a wee smile on his muzzle, "so ... what are yer intentions towards me sis?"

Trying his best not to just bolt for his life after leaving, Dark's hungry and fear of being chased were all that kept him following Carrot. Glancing around at the farm, the colt wasn't really all that impressed, 'Yup. That's a farm alright. Dirt. Grass. Stuff. Barn.' he thought to himself as the two entered into the barn. Dark was a little more impressed at this, loads of tools, equipment and, 'Hello...' Dark stopped for a second to get a good look at the pinups. At the very least, it seemed Carrot had good tastes. Dark wasn't so much of a fan of the Wonderbolts, but being who he was, he at least knew when a mare was smoking. Almost forgetting for a moment that he was possibly in mortal danger, Dark made a note to try to find some of these pinups sometime.

Suddenly snapped out of it by Carrot addressing him, Dark remembered that he could die at any moment. Or so he thought anyway, "Aheh, it's uhm, very nice. Sir." he said, trying not to shake in his cape. 'Calm down Dark, he's not going to hurt you. You're perfectly fine. No one would lay a hoof on a villain of your prowess. Yeah. You're golden.' he thought, of course, Carrot didn't KNOW Dark was a villain, and well, it would probably just be worse if he did. Hiccuping slightly, Dark stammered at Carrot's sudden odd question, "W-what? Wait what are you t-talking about? I, what? I was just. And then she. Was just standing there and she. Gah."

• 2 weeks later...

Carrot Fields walked closer to the weird dark gray colt with the foalish cloak, "She what? Ye're no blaming me sis, are ye? Oi ken tae how colts are! Ye dinnae think Oi was any different when Oi was your age, I ken just wot ye -". Before Carrot could complete his sentence a sudden realization dawned upon him. Oh Luna Carrot.. You sound.. You sound just like your father, Red! You're even using one of his exact lectures he used on you!!

Carrot shook his head for a second. He was all ready to give this colt an inch of his life. Have him running for his dear life straight off the farm, but then he remember what Purple said, dear Purple, about how he was without family and anypony to care for him. Nuts and Shoes, Purple, why did ye tell me that, why did ye ask me to promise not tae scare him! Surely Carrot's sudden silence must have looked odd to the goofy colt. He did kiss your sister though, so don't let him entirely off the hook, Carrot.

Carrot stepped up right to the colt and looked him eye to eye by a margin of only a few inches. He gave a toothy grin, "Aye, then, what was Oi saying? Oh, right, what did happen with moi sis and ye? Oi just want tae ... ken tae yer side ... afore we hie tae th' field."

Dark Core did his very best not to cower, though his very best was little more than only shaking in fear, rather than dropping to his knees and begging for his life or running away as fast as he could. The latter did seem like a good idea really, though Carrot here looked like he'd be able to close a gap between himself and a colt in no time flat. So rather than tear out of the barn like a bat out of the Everfree, he stood there, shaking like a leaf on a tree as the rather perturbed looking stallion neared.

'Oh no...' he thought as Carrot fell silent, 'Either he's so angry his mind broke and he can't speak, or he's plotting where to hide my body....I hope it's the former...' nearly jumping out of his pelt, Dark gulped as Carrot got eye to eye with him, causing him to shake even more. After a bit of stammering though, Dark was able to speak, "I-I was just standing there, minding my own business!" Dark began to explain, "She said she was wanting to experiment, that you were always going for the 'scientific method' and that she'd be nice to me and told me to be evil to her and see who wins, then she did THAT! I-I mean d-don't get me wrong, uhm, sir. It was ni...I mean she's nice. But there's this filly that I met at the Gala when I snuck in, but....I do want to be f...f...friends with Purple, though....pleasedon'tkillme..." he said, struggling to get the word friend out. Wait, did he just say that last bit outloud? It seems his mental to verbal filter decided to take a vaction.

Carrot Fields just blinked a couple of times as this 'Dawn' babbled away in his panicked manner. On one hoof, it felt kinda nice, knowing that he could protect his precious sister that he loved so much ... but on the other hoof, he felt like a bully, and he didn't want to be a bully.

And on the other hoof ... "Wait ... another filly?" he puffed up in indignant pride. "What's wrong with me sis? Ye dinnae think she's a bonnie lil' filly, then?" How dare he! Purple obviously liked him, and here he was, rejecting her?! The nerve of this little colt! "Wait, what am Oi sayin'?" He shook his head. No, this was good! His little sister wasn't ready for a relationship, yet! She was still just a foal!

He let out a long breath, shook his head, and then opened his eyes and smiled. He patted the colt on the shoulder. "That's all roit, Dawn. Oi'll nae hide ye. Dinnae get her knickers in a twist. Glad tae hie 'at kettle a fish all set away, roit? Ach, ye're nae a bad lad. Comon, let's get tae th' carrots afore me sis gets a full head on, roit? Dinnae want tae spoil her dinner!"

Dark gulped and shook his head in fear, "N-no I didn't mean that, I'm sure she's nice! I mean, I just met her! I don't mind being her f...friend." he said before muttering under his breath, "Ugh that word..." it was probably the hardest word for the villain to say, next to 'Thank You', 'Love', 'Nice', 'Sorry', and any other goody two hooves words that a villain of his position should never even have to mutter! Let alone say, and MEAN!

Jumping lightly as Carrot patted him on the shoulder, Dark let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank Discord..."

'That was a close one.' he thought to himself, 'But of course, another death defying event is nothing to me, oh Dark, how did you get SO good at being SOOOO bad?' the colt silently pondered for a moment, "Oh, right, right, dinner sounds right tasty right about now." he replied with a grin, at least he was able to shake off that fear of being mauled and turned into mulch for now. Just so long as nothing goes wrong, Dark was in the clear, smooth sailing and clear skies from here on out.

Carrot Fields arched his eyebrow as he listened to the weird colt fumble through his explanation about what he thought of Purple Haze. Carrot decided he wouldn't be truly mean like his sire, but it didn't mean he couldn't have a little fun keeping this colt on the straight and narrow when it came to family. "Aye, ye ken roit that she's nice! She's th' sweetest filly this side ah Canterlot, and ye'd be right tae ken tae that." Carrot put his foreleg around the colt and pulled him close, "Oi'm sure an outstanding young colt loik yeself already kens tae that!" With that, Carrot let go and gave the dark gray colt a friendly punch in the shoulder with his forehoof; friendly but firm enough to perhaps show how strong a farmer pony can be.

"Well, let's hie tae dig up th' best carrots fer dinner, then! Ye kin pull carrots from out th' ground, roit? Course ye kin!" With that, Carrot opened the door to his workshop and grabbed a rather large wooden bucket with his teeth, motioning with his head for the colt to do the same before walking out to the nearby field. Carrot put the bucket down next to some carrots that seemed ripe. He smiled gently down to the colt, and shook his head a bit. Maybe this young colt just needed some friends. Carrot knew he should give the colt a chance. He knew he'd hate it if some older stallion treated him that way. He pushed his protectiveness aside, and gave a more genuine smile. "So, young Dawn, what does a good young colt loik ye be doin' for a living?" He pulled out a carrot on his own, tossed it into the bucket with a good humor.

Dark nodded, he really dodged a bull this time, quietly he thanked Nightmare Moon, wherever she may be after her defeat, for that. Jumping slightly as Carrot wrapped a foreleg around him and pulled him close, all buddy buddy like, "Eep! Erhm..." he said, clearing his throat after the squeak that escaped him, "AHEM, right, eheh." rubbing his shoulder after the punch Dark made a mental note to never get into a game of 'Mercy' with the farming stallion, lest he end up with broken bones or something along those lines. Even that 'soft' of a punch left Dark's shoulder stinging, the colt hadn't even noticed that a portion of the dye from around his neck was smeared by the earlier grab.

"AH, uhm, yeah, of course, s'nothing to it right?" he said, putting on a confident smile as he popped his head into the workshop, glancing around for a moment before spotting a second bucket and levitating it to his side as he followed along behind Carrot. The fields were the carrots rested were expertly tilled and everything. Dark though couldn't tell the difference between a ripe carrot and one still growing, so he sat his own bucket down next to the farmer's and begin to pull some out and tossing them in, "Oh, I'm a vi....Well I guess you could say, uhm, a student? Of sorts." phew, that was close, he almost let that slip, "So I....take it that the farm's a nice source of income?" he said, making an attempt at small talk.

Carrot Fields sighed with some disapproval - the first carrots Dawn pulled were not quite ready. He could have yelled at the goofy colt, but Carrot know it took a trained farmer's eye to spot the plants that were "just right." Even Purple still made the occasional mistake of pulling out some carrots that were still too small and thin. It was something that took years to perfect. "Nay, nay, those arenae right at all! Here ... Why dinnae ye hold the bucket while Oi toss th' carrots inside, aye?"

Carrot walked a few feet away and pulled out a few particularly ripe carrots, eying the sprouts thoughtfully. He tossed them lightly into the bucket - stepped further down the row. "So, a student, aye? What are ye studying?" Carrot was worried the colt might still feel nervous, so he thought he'd have a little fun with him, lighten things a bit. He lifted a couple carrots out of the ground and, before the dark colt could answer, tossed them towards him, "think fast!"

• 2 weeks later...

Dark looked down at the carrots he had pulled from the ground. Yup, they were carrots alright. But apparently not the 'right' carrots. So with a nod, Dark returned them back to their holes. So much for the task being simple, but still at least it was rather easy, "Alright, that sounds fine." levitating the bucket, Dark carefully followed along with the farmer pony as he tossed in carrots that, to Dark, looked basically the same as the ones he had just had to put back.

This was simple enough, albeit a bit boring, walk slowly behind Carrot and catch the stuff in the bucket. At the very least, the small talk made it more bearable, "Yeah. World domAH!" Dark was about to respond when he saw the orange vegetable projectiles plummet towards his face. Thinking fast, the villainous colt caught them, not in the bucket, but in a bubble of clear white magic, "Phew...that was close..." he said as he rubbed his brow, smearing a bit more of his already smudged dye before tossing the carrots into the bucket, "Ahem, as I was saying, right now I guess you could say I'm studying World History. Taking bits and pieces at a time you see, focusing on one subject at a time can make it a lot easier, so you can be ready for bigger things. Like how a conqueror could start in a small town, and then build up, before taking over everything."he explained, glad he was interrupted before saying something that would have gotten QUITE the odd look.

Carrot Fields trotted along one of the fields of Chantenay Carrots quickly - he was sure the colt could carry the large wooden bucket along just fine and keep up. Being as adept as he was, Carrot quickly grabbed the ones he felt were perfect, from the look of their leaves, and pulled them out with his teeth. He gave a quick glance at the carrots themselves to make sure - always check the carrot twice or else you might set a whole basket to rot - and then gave a quick swing of his head to toss them back over his shoulder without looking nor slowing. Carrot continued this pace for a couple minutes, curious of the colt's character. He could have thrown them harder, faster, in wider directions, and with Purple he might have, to mess with her - but with this colt, he just kept up a strong pace that a healthy colt who knew how to work hard should be able to keep up.

"History? That sounds roit keen! Oi love history, meself. Ye tae be a historian or diplomat?" Carrot did indeed enjoy world history - learning about distant lands and distant times, even if he hadn't been the best student himself, back in his school days. This colt didn't really seem the diplomatic sort, though, especially with the talk of conquest, although Carrot was sure he meant that metaphorically. "Well, history isnae all about conquest, Oi dinnae think it's th' pony way, aye? Oi mean, talk tae anyone - griffons an' dragons might do war, but nae ponies!" Carrot grinned over his shoulder, pausing a moment in his harvesting. "But it's roit interestin' even so, innit?" He grinned, whispering the confession. Most ponies wouldn't understand the fascination - but to Carrot, it was important to be able to stand up for your beliefs. "Oi was in th' REA fer a year, ye know."

Carrot finally noticed the colt looked a bit odd - something white was smeared across the colt's forehead. What had they run into that been white? Carrot couldn't think of anything. Ah well, Carrot could dismiss it - the colt could wash it off when they got back to the house. "Why dinnae ye get all cleaned up afore we hie back? Cannae be all dirty fer dinner, roit?"

As the two continued on through the carrots, Dark did indeed keep a decent pace as Carrot tossed the veggies over his shoulder; though Dark's attention span was wavering, and on occasion he'd almost miss catching a carrot or two, but over all did decently well. He silently wondered to himself if he'd be able to sneak back at night, nab a few carrots for himself; carrots weren't his favourite, but they would break the monotony of food he was used to at his lair.

"Oh, I guess you could say I'm interested in a diplomacy of sorts, yes." the colt replied, domination and villainy could be considered a type of diplomacy, he supposed; though not the kind the questioning stallion had in mind, he was sure, "Maybe. But over the time of reading some of these books, they do allude to some ponies conquering villages and tribes. It's all fascinating really hehehehe. But yes, interesting indeed." a glint came to Dark's eye when he spoke of conquered villages, one would either assume he was just an excitable colt, or very strange; which both would be very correct. "The REA hmm?" Dark said raising a brow, 'I wonder if he knows any weaknesses they might have! Oooh that could be so helpful!' the mastermind thought to himself, "So what was that like? Anything of interest happen or was it just boring?" Dark slightly doubted he could get any useful information out of Carrot, but it never hurt to try.

"Huh?" Dark looked as his hooves, they did seem to be a bit muddy, maybe he could just knock the mud off on the way back to the house, he didn't bring any spare dye, and he couldn't just wash it away like that, "Oh, I'm sure I'll be able to knock off the mud on the walk back. No worries at all."