[Ponyville] After School Plans [Closed - by invite only]

Bramble Rose

Carrot Fields had one brow raised with an incredulous expression.[colour=#ff8c00] "Sooo ... ye were trying tae go through th' schoolhouse ... as a shortcut ... to Canterlot ..."[/colour] he said slowly. Clearly felt the colt was lying; going through the schoolhouse as a shortcut indeed! How stupid did this colt think he was? Just another prideful city unicorn who thought all farmer ponies were just dumb hicks?

Carrot would have called the colt out on it, but for the question Dark Core had asked. It was an obvious distraction - but an effective one. Carrot was proud of his little valley and its towns and the unique pony culture there. [colour=#ff8c00] "Purple an' I hie from th' valley of Fet Loch, ye've likely heard ah it; it's onna the valleys east a Canterlot. Its a roit bonnie place ah proud ponies. We've got our culture, food, an' games wot's th' height ah Equestria, but loik all other ponies, loyal tae th' princesses.[/colour]" Carrot walked over to the kitchen as Purple came out and gave her a brotherly hug. "[colour=#ff8c00]Us Carrots, we all hie from there an' have slowly spread around Equestria. Ye e'er pop over that way, Dawn?"[/colour]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark grinned on the inside, another brilliantly successful diversion. He felt rather accomplished after that. Though now he had to listen to the farm pony ramble on about his exceedingly boring home and the horribly dull ponies that were sure to live there. Why can't ponies ever come from interesting places, like Tartarus, or the Everfree or Bog, like him! Scratching his head upon being asked if he ever ventured to Fet Loch, he did honestly think on it, [colour=#ff0000]"I may have once when I was younger, we didn't travel much really, mostly stayed home. I'm sure if I visited again someday I would know if I had been there or not. Have you ever been to StalliongrOOPH!"[/colour] Dark quickly covered his mouth, how did he do it?! Carrot didn't even continue to PRY and the villain almost let slip where he was from, this was getting to be too much almost, was dessert worth it? Well if it tasted near as good as the Chimicherrychanga, then that's a solid...Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Purple Haze grinned. [colour=#800080] "Aye, and ye should hear our music! It's said when we play our bagpipes 'fore a fight, it so spooks out th' enemies 'at they'll run away wi'out fighting at all! Most evil instrument in Equestria, it's called, but Oi think it's roit lovely! An ye should see me brae at our sports! We do caber buckin', which is basically throwin' trees... he kin buck a caber cross th' whole field!"[/colour]

She laid out a new set of snacks on the table, little mini-carrot muffins topped with cream cheese frosting, and a lil' tiny orange disc on top cut from baby carrots. [colour=#800080]"Now, these nibbles are a roit tasty family recipe, but Oi never decorated 'em loik this before! See if it works a'ight?"[/colour]

She paused a moment, pondering, then cheerfully piped up, "[colour=#800080]Oh! Oi should get me bagpipes an' give ye a play!"[/colour]

Carrot Fields smiled proudly as his sister spoke of their homeland, their sports, and the bagpipes; he even had a bit of a blush as Purple praised his athletic skills at the annual highland games back in Fet Loch. [colour=#ff8c00] "Ach ... there a roit plenty lot of great caber buckers an' runners back home. Oi jes' enjoy th' competition, gettin' tae represent th' Carrots versus... well, a lot of other Carrots, really, but ye get th' idea!"[/colour] He was a bit shy about his achievements personally, even keeping the ribbons he won tucked away in a drawer in his workshop, but he wasn't so much so that he didn't enjoy how much it made his sister proud.

Carrot scooped up one of the mini muffins and tossed it in his mouth, enjoying the little bite-sized taste of deliciousness. [colour=#ff8c00]"Aye, they taste as good as they look Purple, ye always make old recipes taste even better!" [/colour] Her next idea was what really perked his ears, though. [colour=#ff8c00]"Aye, absolutely! Why dinnae ye play us a merry tune or two, Purple?"[/colour] Carrot smiled broadly; sure, she wasn't all that good at the bagpipes, but she was still far better than he was! [colour=#ff8c00]"Ye're in fer a real treat Dawn; there is nothing like the bagpipes! Now what is this about Stalliongrad? Oi was stationed there fer several months back when Oi was in th' REA. Are ye from there?"[/colour]