Dabom444

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(occ. Ok since i kinda role play for lightning dust im gonna rp her so you can hear her thoughts and emotions for a little while.)

Lightning dust stared straight forward into the instructor's eyes she held his gaze. "The moment i take orders from a slow brained gimped photographer will be the last thing i do." She let her eyes glance at flashbomb. " He is protecting that scarred ragdoll over there. I dont know how he got in." she looked To Angel again. keeping his gaze.

"Well!?" Angel shouted at her.

She sighed she had to get him off her back.

"No sir! Just a competitive jest sir!"

She hoped that the dumb pegasus would buy it and leave her alone.

( dont be mad at me Angel Thats lightning dust not me)

Spit Fire watched the events on the runway from her office. Despite the thermometer in her mouth and the ice bag on her head, she still wore her uniform. No illness was going to keep her from doing her duties, even if she couldnt fly with the cadets. After she finished sifting through Soarin's fan mail (she wondered how she got stuck with that job to begin with), she began thinking about possible team pairings...

Angel looked into her eyes "Good" Although He knew she had no respect for him. He trotted back to the end of the line and looked at all the recruits "Next, We'll do laps. Get on the starting line, I want 400 laps. This isent a race. Pace yourself s. I dont want to have to snatch a falling recruit out of the sky."

Flashbomb trotted over to the line with the other cadets he looked over to marble and gave him a friendly smile. He looked forward and unfolded his wings. Angel snapp Yelled "go!" They all took off. Flashbomb flapped his wings at a steady pace he flew next to marble so he could talk to somepony. "Lighting dust s gettin on my nerves." he said to his friend as he saw her lap them for the third time. He continued to fly at a steady pace. " How are you holding up marble?" He asked. He saw lighting dust lap them a 5th time.

After the small problem with Lightning Dust, Angel told them they needed 400 laps, and that they could pace themselves. This made Marble happy. He could do 1000 laps, maintaining mostly the same speed if he could pace himself. He started at the starting line, with everypony else, and flew at a medium speed. Flashbomb slowed down to be with Marble. He talked about Lightning Dust getting on his nerves. Marble sure didn't blame him. [colour=#ff0000]"I'm doing fine." [/colour]Marble responded to Flash's question. Lightning Dust continually lapped them, going much faster than everypony else. Marble and Flash nearly finished their second lap. [colour=#ff0000]"What's her problem anyways? I never got ponies like her..." [/colour]He glared behind them, where Lightning Dust was passing them once again.

Flash bomb shrugged. " I dont know she probbably has something to prove after Rainbow dash left." She lapped them 3 more times. " she is pushing herself hard." He quoted. He changed the subject. " So tell me about yourself Marble. what are your interests?" He watched as Lightning dust lapped them 2 more times. They were on their 20th lap.

Marble was going slightly quicker than he normally did, mostly to keep up with Flash, who was still a bit faster than him despite slowing down a lot. Lightning, of course, lapped them many times during the race. Flash asked Marble about himself. [colour=#ff0000]"Well... I enjoy drawing and sculpting. I'm hoping to some day give the Princess' themselves a sculpture for the Canterlot Maze. Just a silly dream I had when I got my cutie mark." [/colour]Marble gave a slight laugh at that. Truly, that was still his greatest dream, but he didn't want to sound so childish in front of his new friend. [colour=#ff0000]"I've always liked stunt flying and the Wonderbolts, of course. They were my childhood heroes. Heck, they're my modern heroes. That's why I applied here." [/colour]In that time, Marble and Flash made a few more laps. [colour=#ff0000]"What about you? There must be something interesting behind that cutie mark."[/colour]

Angel saw the two recruits FlashBomb and Marble were slowing down a bit. He took off his cap and flew up to them "Watch this" he laughed a little, He waited un tell Lightning dust laped them again, Then flew after her. She wasn't going full speed so it was easy to pass her. He rushed past her making sure that there was a gust of wind so she was disoriented. He then closed his wings and began to freefall so she wouldn't see him. He fell 50 feet then opened them back up and landed back on the ground 'And thats. How a photographer makes it into the Wonderbolts' He thought to himself putting his cap back on.

Angel flew up to Flash and Marble. Marble worried that they were in trouble. However, Angel wanted to show them something. After Lightning past them again, he flew up ahead very fast, catching up to her and disorienting her. He then fell, unknown to Lightning Dust who now looked confused, and Angel landed back at the runway. This maneuver made Marble laugh.

Flashbomb listened to marble's tale. He was intreauged by the story. He was going to reply back when Agel snap flew up to them and told them to watch. He flew up to lighting dust and dissoriented her. she slowed way down and Flashbomb and Marble passed her. Her eyes were googly eyed as she tried to regain balance. Flash bomb laughed ans continued to fly with marble.

He remembered what he was talking about and responded. " its a long story, I was just a young colt back then. I was in flight school with Rainbow dash and fluttershy. I whitnessed at the the pegasus race the sonc rainboom that Rainbow dash had preformed."

He saw lightnin dust fly by them she looked frustrated. Flashomb giggled and continued.

" i vowed to do a sonic rainboom of my own. Partially due to i had a crush on Rd ans i wanted to do one myself." He continued to fly. They were on our 100th lap. He looked over at marble and continued his tale.

" i went to preform the sonic rainboom." He paused. the memory upset him slightly. " I jumped and flew straight down and saw some storm clouds that i didnt see." "You know how storm clouds are to pegesai, They are tough as rock. I figured that i would crash into them for sure. But i didnt, i cleaved right through them! It was surprising to me. Oddly enough i got my cutie mark right in mid flight." but that wasnt enough for me i wanted to preform the sonic rainboom. I gained speed to do it. I got enough speed and broke the sound barrier. But what happened next caused me to get my first scars. Even my trade maek one on my eye."

He saw lightning dust fy by them once again.They were on their 150th lap.

" Instead of a blastof rainbow it was loud bang. It blinded me and made my ears ring. ( like a concussion grenade)

"I still had the speed of the sonic rainboom but not the control. I crashed into the everfree forest and i blacked out. i then woke up in the hospital and that was the end of that. Other ponies call it the sonic flashboom incident. I call it the day i got my cutie mark." He smiled to lighten the mood. "Sorry to bum you out with my lame story." He saw lightning dust pass them yet again.

Marble couldn't believe what he was hearing! The first thing that he noted was that Flash and RD went to flight camp together. He didn't know who the 'Fluttershy' he mentioned was, but he wanted Flash to finish first. He then mentioned watching the Sonic Rainboom. Flash tried to recreate it, and accidently flew through a storm cloud, which Marble was reluctant to believe. He then matched the speed of the rainboom, but rather than breaking the colour barrier, he made an explosion, and crashed into the Everfree Forest, creating his many scars. Marble just flew there in silence, making his many laps. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Flash tried to say it was lame. How could any pony say that? Even Lightning Dust would have to say it was awesome! Okay, maybe not that awesome. Marble felt very small in comparison. [colour=#ff0000]"I sculpted a crown." [/colour]Marble finally responded. [colour=#ff0000]"Beat that!" [/colour]He then joked loudly, trying to hide his feelings of insignificance.

Angel watched as the pony's flew around in circles, He could see his trick worked, Although Lightning dust was still flying fast, She was constantly looking behind her. He laughed to himself "I wish I could have seen the look on her face" he smiled to himself

Flashbomb laughed at Marble's joke. He wished he could sculpt but he would never have the patience to do so. He smiled at him and then looked twoard the runway he saw that Lighting dust had finished and was showboating to the other cadets. she wiped the dust off of her uniform and smiled slyly to the other cadets. Flashbomb rolled his bright orange eyes and continued flyng with marble. they reached lap 300.

Marble and Flash continued doing their laps. About 100 left. [colour=#ff0000]"So Flash, what's your family like?" Speaking of family, I haven't sent that letter yet. [/colour]Marble was running out of things to talk about. He thought Flash's family must have been cool, raising a son who could do the 'sonic flashboom' as he called it.

Flash bomb Had a couple memories flash in his mind " My...my parents are gone." He thought back to the royal wedding. " their names were Windgust and Lightning wind. They.... they fell to the changling horde." He looked over at marble then glanced down. " Its fine you didnt know." he said before he could reply . (gtg to bed soon guys)

Angel Trotted over to Lightning dust, Who shot him a annoyed glance "Nice job rookie" he praised her. She looked surprised but then angel said "Sense you finished early youll need something to occupy yourself while the others finish. NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 200!" He yelled at her

(Night!)

Marble felt bad for asking the question. Flash told Marble that his parents 'fell to the changeling horde'. Marble knew what it meant, but didn't want to think it. Marble and his family were in the middle of the changeling invasion. They could have just as easily fallen, if it weren't for Cadence and Shining Armor. Marble tried to change the subject. [colour=#ff0000]"Er... Angel Snap sure is a good instructor..." [/colour]He saw Angel giving Lightning Dust push ups. It was the best conversation he could come up with.

Outskirts of Cloudsdale

---------------------------------

Sunray woke up as a ray of Celestia's light pierced through the thin walls of his cloud house. He rolled, the last thing he wanted to do was wake up. He was a tired and sore pegasus. His light sky blue fur seemed to simmer for a second in the cloud light, its only served to anger him. This year was supposed to be his year. As he pried himself from his cloud bed, he slid his body onto the floor. On each of his legs there was a brace. Leather on the upper and lower portion of each leg. Two metal rods on each side of each brace, that would meet at a movable joint. He slowly moved towards the wall, stumbling in the process. and ripped open a hole to let the sunlight roll in. The sun beamed through his blondish white hair, it almost seemed to glow. Ray began to hate the sunlight several years ago.

"This year was going to be my year! I Finally got these braces so I could walk on my own! I've trained harder then I have in years." He looked back at his cutie mark. It was three golden lightening bolts streaking down his flank, with a forth black bolt crossing all three. (On close inspection, that one is actually branded onto both of his flanks) He sighed as he sat. "The letter should have come in yesterday..." He looked out over his view of Cloudsdale. Although he couldn't afford anything in the city, he had a nice home near the outskirts.

He watched a mailpony with gray fur and a blonde mane flew onto his cloud yard. "More mail to spite me." He called to her. "I think I've had enough mail for the rest of my life."

She glanced up at him, one of her eyes were lazy. This type of thing didn't bother Ray anymore, he had seen worse in the Cloudsdale hospital. Besides, this wasn't his usual mailpony, Gray Cloud must be on vacation or something... "Special Delivery! From Ponyville. For Sunray!" She called out to him.

Ray sighed before hopping through the hole in his wall. He glided to the floor in front of her easily. The fact that she didn't stare at his legs or question him impressed him. The mare just turned to the side and pulled a golden letter out and gave it to him. "Another delivery complete by Ponyvilles number one mail mare." She saluted him before flying off. He watched her fly off until she was a speck in the sky.

Ray sat on his hooves before turning the letter over. It was addressed to a Mr Sunray. The address was the Wonderbolt academy! He quickly tore open the envelope and quickly began reading the acceptance letter.

At the last words, he hobbled over to the edge of the cloud and jumped off. He allowed himself to fall almost all the way to the ground before he pulled away, just feet from the tree tops. He shot back into the sky, heading towards the training grounds. He didn't care about the unlocked doors or the whole in the side of his house! He was going to be a Wonderbolt! He was going to live out his sisters dream.

Wonderbolt Training Grounds

---------------------------------------

Every pegasus who was a Wonderbolt fan, knew where the camp was located; so Sunray had no problem finding it. Although he was a day late, he didn't care. He watched as the current trainees did circles above the runway. He tried to judge the speed of each pony, keeping an eye out for competition. He watched as a single mare took the lead, lapping everypony else. As he approached, he saw the mare approach what looked like an instructor. It ended up with her doing wing pushups. "Maybe showing off.... might not be a good idea.

When he got close enough he made a beeline for the instructor. When he touched down to land, one of his fore legs gave out causing him to slide into the grass, stopping infront of the white pegasus. He pulled himself to his feet.

"Sunray...Reporting for duty." He saluted.

AngelSnapp took a second to realize what just happened, A pegasus with leg straps had just 'landed' In front of him. The pegasus saluted with a "Sunray... Reporting for duty" Angel looked at him, Then thought 'leg braces? Well I cant really judge' He looked back at his leg that had been bound to a splinter untell it healed. He turned to the recruit and lowered his sun-glasses to take a better look at him, Then he smiled and said "Welcome to the WonderBolt Academy, Im AngelSnapp. Wonderbolt Head Photographer, And your instructor for today." He introduced himself "Ill have to ask that you provide your letter of acceptance" Angel said to Sunray

AngelSnapp took a second to realize what just happened, A pegasus with leg straps had just 'landed' In front of him. The pegasus saluted with a "Sunray... Reporting for duty" Angel looked at him, Then thought 'leg braces? Well I cant really judge' He looked back at his leg that had been bound to a splinter untell it healed. He turned to the recruit and lowered his sun-glasses to take a better look at him, Then he smiled and said "Welcome to the WonderBolt Academy, Im AngelSnapp. Wonderbolt Head Photographer, And your instructor for today." He introduced himself "Ill have to ask that you provide your letter of acceptance" Angel said to Sunray

Sunray nods, before turning to his side and pulling the acceptance letter from his settle bag. He turned around and held out his letter in a hoof. He stood at attention. (If your chars is the same age of rainbow dash, hes several years older then you.) He seemed older then most of the recruits. "I would have been here yesterday. But my letter was sent to Ponyville. Sir." He responds after handing Angel the letter.

Spit Fire watched the new pegasus land and talk to Angel Snapp. Looks like Derpy made another late delivery. Spit Fire facehooved. She couldnt be mad at the mare, though. She went back to her team ideas. She was toying with the idea of pairing Flashbomb with Lightning Dust, with Flashbomb as lead pony. They were certainly a match for eachother physically. And maybe Flashbomb could whip the troublesome mare into shape...

Flashbomb had been flying the last of his laps and heard marble say " Angel snapp is a good instructor." Flashbomb looked forward. "Yea i like him, He is a good pony." He noticed that they were on thrir 399Th lap. He continued to fly with marble and was ready to land. Hiswings were a little sore. When they reachd the last lap. Flashbomb and marble landed on the ground by the runway. Flashbomb walked up and saw a new pony. One with leg braces, He looked up at his face and tried to tell who he was. but the face didnt ring a bell. "I shouldnt judge him at all." He thought to himself as he felt the large scar over his right eye. As well as the others on his body. " maybe we will get along." He thought hopefully. He continued trotting to Angel snapp and stopped in front of him. He saluted to let him know that he and marble had finished. he walke back to where the line originally was and stood there in a more relaxed state. He looked over at lightning dust. And chuckled. she looked up and glared at him as she continued her push ups.

Lightning dust

Lighting dust continued her push ups. she despised the instructor already. "Why did she of all ponies have to do this? She finnished first, she shouldnt be the one to do push ups" She glanced up and saw that Flashbomb had taken ammusement in this. She glared at him. " Ill show that ragdoll and his photo friend not to mess with Lightning Dust." She sped up her push ups and finnished. she got up and glared at Angel Snapp." i will show them all."