"Welcome to Town"

Sigg

"Three. Two. One. Touch down." Thought Issi Cloud as he slowly descended in front of Master Prickle's workshop. Master Prickle had bee patiently waiting for him at his door step, bearing the largest grin his face could bear.

"Howdy! You must be Issi, my new assistant!" Prickle Woods exclaimed just as Issi touched down, "Pleasure to meet you! I'm Prickle Woods, the local wood artisan. Thank Celestia you came, we've been as busy as ever around here and could use an extra hand." Master Prickle suck out a hoof for Issi to shake.

"Uh... Hi, I'm Issi Cloud. I guess you already know that....," Issi said timidly, as he slowly put out his hoof to shake Master Pickle's, "you can call me Sigg if you want...". Issi was obviously intimidated by Prickle Woods's excitement and affable welcome.

"You must be tired, let me take you bags," Prickle said as he made a gesture to Issi's bags, "let me go a head and take those inside for you."

"No, it's fine. I've got them."

"Nonsense, let me take them. I can set up your room while I'm at it."

Issi had almost forgotten, his house wasn't ready yet and his stuff was still on its way in form Cloudsdale. He was going to have to stay with Master Prickle for a few days, a week at most.

"Are you sure? I mean, I can help," Issi asked as Master Prickle began to take his bags.

"Oh sure, it's perfectly fine. Why don't you go take a walk and get acquainted with the town? Go introduce yourself to a couple of ponies."

"Are you sure? It sounds like you have a lot of work to do. You really don't want my help?"

"I am sure. Look there is a group of ponies over there," Master pickle gestured across the alley to a group of colts and ponies, "they're new themselves. Why don't you go introduce yourself?"

"Oh, I'm not sure if that is a good idea. I mean I'm new here, and I have a lot of work, and...," Issi's excuses began to ramble on into a inaudible mutter.

"Nonsense, go introduce yourself right now!" Master prickle said kindly as he put Issi's bags down and slowly pushed the unwilling pegasus to the group, Issi dragging his hooves leaving a streak in the dirt underneath him.

"Well here you are, have fun and good luck!" Master prickle said as he left Issi several feet away from the group, then quickly trotting off and leaving him to deal with the group.

"BY THE WAY, WELCOME TO TOWN!" Prickle said as he galloped to his house.

Issi turned around in disbelief, staring at Master Prickle as he galloped away. Was he really going to just leave him there, in front of a group of ponies that he didn't even slightly know? It was too late for him to do anything now, he was already there. "I might as well try to make some friends while I'm out here...," Issi thought to himself after realizing his only other option was to lie to Master Prickle. Lying was simply not Issi's style.

By the time Issi looked back to where the group was they had dispersed, leaving one pony behind. "Well they we're fast...," Issi commented to himself. He was just buying some time before he actually had to walk up and introduce himself to the pony. Issi wasn't too keen at introduction, mostly because how shy he was.

Issi slowly made his way over the pony, half reluctantly and half eager. This might be the first friend he would make in Ponyville..... Hopefully.

"Um, hello... I hope I'm not interrupting, but I'm Issi Cloud. I just moved into Ponyville and thought I should introduce myself and get acquainted with the town." The timid tone in Issi's voice echoed like a bell as he spoke his sentence.

Iv4LA.jpg

Currently Playing:

The day had started off as it usually did with Scratch, bright, sunny, and all at the crack of noon. Once again the unicorn had lost track of time due to her new piece and fell asleep at a ridiculous hour. No matter, she would try to fix her sleeping schedule later.

After a thorough search of her home, she finally came to the conclusion that there was nothing to eat and that today was shopping day. So with that in mind, she put on her violet sunglasses and headed out the door.

Unfortunately, before she could even get close to any vendors, she was spotted by a few of her acquaintances.

'Oh! Scratch! Hey! Hey!' cried out a lavender pony as she trotted up to the unicorn. 'Peaches said that Mercury said that Mandy said that you were working on something new! She said that she said that she said that she heard some of it last night!' She gestured over to her small group and the rest followed.

'Uh…' Scratch stammered slightly at the sudden crowd around her,'I-'

'Oh oh! Is it going to be a love song? You never do love songs. I would love a love song!' piped up an orange pegasus. There were murmured agreements in the group, along with a few disagreements.

'What? No! That's totally not Scratch's style. She should do something like like… with more pop!' bickered a green unicorn.

'Uh…' Scratch began again.

Before the poor unicorn could even manage another word, she was somehow caught up with the group discussion and dragged along with them. She didn't mind however, it was always nice to hear the community's feedback. She continued to nod and grin as they made their way through town.

Still, she needed to get her shopping done and eat something that was loaded in sugar. Slowly but surely, she was edging her towards the back of the group until she finally reached the end.

She stood still and watched carefully as the group moved on. Once she was sure they were gone, she breathed out a sigh of relief and was about to move on when she heard a new voice.

The unicorn turned her head and faced the brown pegasus. Well, she certainly hadn't seen him around Ponyville before. Judging by his tone of voice, he seemed a bit shy about being new in town. Normally one of the more lively residents would take up the task of greeting the newcomers, especially Pinkie Pie. But hey, it's not like she couldn't do it herself right?

'Uh…Hey!' She chirped. 'Uh.. interrupting?'

She took a quick moment to look behind her only to see that the group was completely out of sight.

'Oh! Nah, man. They're off somewhere else I guess,' she said, a small nervous laughter soon following.

'Listen, hey, uh…' She paused for a moment and reached out her hoof. 'Name's Vinyl Scratch. Nice to meet you, Issi!'

After a quick exchange, she grinned and was about to ask a few questions when her stomach growled. Rather loudly, too.

'Oh! Uh…' She laughed nervously once more, 'Uh… I can give ya a quick tour around Ponyville if ya like. But… d'ya mind if we swing by for some munchies? I haven't eaten and uh… well you heard.'

"Uh... Nice to meet you Vinyl Scratch,..." Issi said as his shyness took over, causing him to pause in a painful silence. He was never good at meeting people. Back at Clouds dale, he hadn't really gone out that much, mostly because of the fact he was too shy to introduce himself to anyone he hadn't met from his school. "Uh, I don't mind if we go get anything to eat, but I don't know any places in town yet..."

It was unimaginably painful for Issi to talk. He'd never been much of a social pony, and preferred to stay inside to do his work or simply relax by himself. But now, he was stuck talking to this blue and white pony. It was almost as if Master Prickle had planned this out as some cruel joke so he, and possibly some other ponies, could get a laugh. "Oh Celestia, what have I gotten myself into?!" Issi thought to himself, almost shaking at the knees as the nervousness built up inside of him. But he knew he had to keep talking, or he'd be labeled as an introvert or an anti-socialite.

"Umm, so Scratch, do you mind if I call you that?.... So Scratch, where would you like to eat?" Issi's nervousness was now visible. He'd began to sweat a little above his brow, and his back knees had begun to shake. "PULL IT TOGETHER ISSI!" he thought to him self in a futile attempt to regain control of his body, "You're just a few seconds away from beginning to stutter!" Stuttering was a nasty nervous habit of Issi, he just couldn't help it. When ever he got to nervous, his lips began to flop around like wet sponges and his tongue stiffened up in protest of talking anymore.

Iv4LA.jpg

Currently Playing:

A wide grin appeared on Scratch's face upon hearing his agreement.

'Uh… Great!' she chirped, laughing a bit as she turned around and faced town. She nodded her head in its direction, giving Issi the cue to follow her, and began walking.

As they walked, she looked over to the newcomer and stared with great curiosity. Just as she was about to ask the pegasus a quick question, she heard his inquiry.

'Huh… Oh! Yeah! You can call me Scratch! Everyone around here does, shoooould've prolly mentioned that first' she chuckled with a slight shrug.

The unicorn paused for a moment. Issi… didn't look quite right. He looked as though he was given a sudden chill from an unknown wind. She took a second to ponder this when she figured it out.

'Aw geez, the poor guy's nervous,' she thought to herself.

'Hey uh... There's no reason to be nervous,' she said with a reassuring grin, 'Everyone around here is super friendly and we're always up for making new friends. A neighbor is a team mate is brother is a sister is a friend.' She bobbed her head slightly as she whispered her last sentence to herself. It wasn't the best, but it was pretty good considering that it was unintentional. The unicorn made a mental note to herself about that line and that beat.

She smiled and continue walking with Issi, making sure to keep a few steps ahead so he would know which direction to go. 'Oh, there's lotsa cool places to eat around here. The ponies around here cook up the tastiest snacks. We got stuff that would really make you say 'like what' y'know?'

She nodded to herself and looked over at the Pegasus. 'So hey uh, where're you from, Issi? Are you a friend of Prickle? I mean, I just saw you around that neat workshop of his and kinda thought you might be visiting or something.'

"Burtrum! I said go get apples from Sweet Apple Acres! Not these from Everfree!" roared Pomelo as he threw the apples as his brother who stood in the street. Pomelo was enraged, all he wanted was to make an apple pie, but his dimwitted younger brother brought him wild apples! "This pie is no good now!" he whined, he didnt know they were from Everfree til Burtrum said something.

But how ridiculous he ranted and raved as he sat one pie on the doorsil and merged back into his home. "Tell Big Macintosh I said hello!" he hollered back from the house's depth, maybe that will remind his brother to go to Sweet Apple.

Burtrum dodged the apples and snorted and stomped and bucked around bit, "Go get them your self then!" he yelled back at his brother, "That pie will be fine!" his brother ignored him and he knew it to so he sighed and gave up. He turned and faced toward some other ponies and he blushed when his brother said something about Big Mac. He lowered his head and ears flipped back to his rainbow mane and he smiled awkwardly "Sorry" he mumbled to them as he slowly picked up the apple remains and tossing them in his bag.

"S-s-s-sorry, I c-c-c-can't help it," Issi timidly said to Scratch, "I'm n-n-not a social p-p-p-pony..." Issi passed a moment by shuffling his hooves as the two ponies walked. He wasn't used to being engaged in conversations with strangers. He barely even talked to anyone when he was roaming around Cloudsdale, how was he supposed to talk to anyone in this new, unfamiliar town? He gave himself a minute to regain his composure before speaking again. It was the only way he'd be able to get through this without breaking down.

"So, is the food around here really that good?" Issi finally asked after finally regaining some of his composure, "I don't really know any places around here, so would you mind choosing a place to eat?" Just as Issi finished his sentence, his stomach released a loud, bellowing grumble. In his fit of nervousness, he'd almost forgot that he had yet to eat lunch on his way into Ponyville. The idea of a sweet confectionery treat came into mind as the rumbling subsided. "Do you mind if we stop off somewhere we can get something sweet?" Issi asked, his shyness slowly being replaced by hunger.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you ask me where I was from?" he had almost forgotten the unicorn's question over the command of his stomach, "I'm sorry, I tend to forget stuff when I'm hungry...." It was apparent that the shy brown pony was beginning to warm up to his companion. He even went as far as to chuckle at the white unicorn in as friendly of a manner that he could muster. "Well, I'm from Cloudsdale, I actually just flew in today," he began, putting all his focus into talking to the pony who walked along side him, "I'm actually here for,... well I guess you can call it business. I'm a carpenter of sorts. Well, an apprentice... I actually am Master Prickle's apprentice. I'm starting to work at his workshop this week, but I'm actually going to be staying with him until my house is done and my stuff gets in from Cloudsdale. So how about you Scratch? Are you fro-" Issi sentence was cut short as he ran into a pegasus who stood in front of him collecting apples off of the ground. He had been so enveloped in his conversation that he had forgotten to look where he was going. Issi effeminately squeaked as his chest touched the side of the pony. "OH! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going....." Issi apologized, lowering his head in embarrassment, his voice slowly becoming an inaudible mumble as he faced the pony in front of him.