[Ponyville] Zap Friday Sale! (Open)

Bellosh

Before she could do anything, Carrot Top watched as one of Hayseed's sisters tackled a unicorn pony. When the pair came to a stop right in front of her, the mare noticed that the sister was wearing the stallion's beard! There was something amiss about the unicorn, like she had seen him before, but at the moment she couldn't figure out how.

Then Mr. Rich seeing and hearing the commotion told Hayseed and Haymaker to leave the store. She'd hate to see her shopping companion have to leave early so she spoke up to the store owner.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Awww please let Hayseed stay Mr. Rich. He wasn't hurting anypony. He was just laughing at his sister that's all." [/colour]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Rich's harsh rebuke was enough to stop Hayseed's laughter.

[colour=#0000FF]"Surry fer all the laughin', sir, but jist take a look at mah sister! Ain't she hilarious lookin'?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Laugh THIS off, brother!" [/colour]Haymaker snarled, giving him a solid left hook to the side of his face, causing the stallion to stagger a bit and his head to vibrate.

[colour=#0000FF]"See Mr, Rich? Nutin' wrong with Haymaker..." [/colour]Hayseed moaned. [colour=#0000FF]"Haymaker's actin' normal...."[/colour]

As Haywire watched from afar, the clerk stopped her to give her a free jar of zap apple jam.

[colour=#B22222]"Oh! Thank ya kindly, ma'am," [/colour]the rust coloured filly said as she accepted it. When she saw how her family was in trouble, Haywire quickly trotted out to the cart, placed her purchased items in it and then galloped over to the store owner.

[colour=#B22222]"Mr Rich," [/colour]Haywire began to explain. [colour=#B22222]"This here mess is all mah fault, I played a trick on mah sister, ain't her fault fer that, it's mine. Please don't throw my family outta yur fine store. Throw ME out instead. I deserve it more than them."[/colour]

Haymaker was stunned to see her little sister trying so hard to get her out of trouble. Hayseed smiled, knowing her little sister was basically a good pony. Meanwhile, Flam began to shop.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Perhaps while this chaos is going on, I can make my purchases without being recognized."[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

Before Filthy Rich could respond to Carrot Top’s appeal, Haymaker just had to get a last punch in at Hayseed. [colour=#8b4513]“All right, that’s it!”[/colour] he angrily got between the two siblings; [colour=#8b4513]“You two leave-”[/colour] Mr. Filthy didn’t finish, for little Haywire came up to explain how everything was all her fault. The brown stallion sighed; he wouldn’t put it past the rascal to pull off a prank in his store, but it still didn’t excuse how her older sister didn’t react to it as the more mature pony; [colour=#8b4513]“I’m sure your parents will punish you later lil’ missy, but that still doesn’t give your sister the right to shout and scream and fight with your brother in my store."[/colour]

Grunting, a calmer but still fuminh Filthy turned to Haymaker and Hayseed once more; [colour=#8b4513]“Alright, I’m giving you two just one more chance. The next time I catch one of you making a nuisance around my customers, I’m throwing you out. You got that?”[/colour] Truly, the store owner hated the role of the stern authority figure, but sometimes the law had to be laid down when it came to unruly shoppers.....

2sb9yxc.jpg

Elsewhere in Rich’s Barnyard Bargains, one supposedly-clever gray pegasus had the bright idea to simply fly above everypony else to avoid having to go around land-trotting shoppers constantly. Contained in her saddlebags were stacks upon stacks of crudely-organized coupons in order to make the most out of the store’s already-discounted items. Of course, this pony was no other than Derpy Hooves, and this pony who thought herself as brilliant utterly failed to take into account that she had no secure means to transport her potential purchases around.

As it turned out, carrying around a stack of two-dozen miscellaneous products with only her hooves was quite a herculean balancing act. For a good fifteen minutes, Derpy actually managed to defy the odds as she somehow accumulated item after item in her shopping stack, sometime having no choice but to rely on her muzzle to pick up items. All good things came to an end though, and one miscalculation with weight distribution sent the contents of the young mare’s leaning stack crashing back down towards the earth... or to be more accurate, towards a tall mustached unicorn stallion.....

Despite her pleas Carrot Top thought that her companion Hayseed and his entire family would still be ejected out of the store. This was especially the case when Hayseed continued to taunt her brother. But thanks to a change of heart of the store owner the group was allowed to stay.

[colour=#ff8c00]"oh thank you, Mr. Rich[/colour][colour=#ff8c00]," [/colour]Carrot Top said, [colour=#ff8c00]"Don't worry. I'll keep Hayseed out of trouble."[/colour]

With that she gave a little wink to the owner before turning back to the stallion.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Come on, let's get back to the farming area before you get into any more trouble. I could only imagine what it's like at home with those two. Must be fun, but crazy!"[/colour]

The entire Hay family breathed a sigh of relief when Filthy Rich decided not to throw them out of the store. Hearing Carrot Top's good advice, Hayseed nodded in agreement as the stallion walked back to the farm section with her.

[colour=#0000FF]"Well, life at home ain't never dull, that's fer sure. Besides, ol' Haymaker only punches me when I deserve it. Reckon if I quit teasin' her so much, she wouldn't punch me so often. My big sister's alright, she sure does run the farm well. And mah little sister, well, she's got spunk! Haywire's not really mean, but she does love ta play pranks."[/colour]

Haymaker looked down at her little sister.

[colour=#800080]"You stood up for me, Haywire, thanks."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I'm surry I played that trick on ya," [/colour]Haywire explained, [colour=#B22222]"but I jist wanted a chance to shop fer mahself, buy a few things I wanted without ya give'n me a hastle about it, that's all."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Ok, tell ya what. If'n you'll help me with all our supplies, I promise we'll visit the parts of the store YOU want next, deal?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Deal!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly neighed as the two exchanged a hoofclap. As they walked together towards the Dry Goods section of the store, Flam suddenly spotted Derpy Hooves with all of her items falling towards the floor. Acting quickly, the mustached unicorn's horn glowed as his levitation spell 'caught' all of things before they crashed.

[colour=#DAA520]"Oh my, young mare, look right there, you nearly lost your load.[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]Good thing for you that I was here, or these things just might explode![/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]My name is Flam, that's who I am, I'm at your service too![/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]Let's find a cart, that'd be a start, to help you shop-er-ooo!"[/colour]

After his impromptu song, Flam quickly grabbed an empty saddlebasket and floated all Derpy's items carefully into it.

[colour=#DAA520]"There you are, sweet filly, using this basket's not so silly.[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]By the way what is your name? You might already know my fame!"[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

With the Hay family patching things up for the time being, Filthy gave a brief nod before returning back towards the store front. He could only hope that their reconciliation will last long enough for the family to finish its purchases. Rich’s Barnyard Bargain’s couldn’t afford yet another outburst of disorder, least such sentiments seep into the minds of other customers as they start fighting one another as well. The good news was that for now, Mr. Rich can focus on greeting new shoppers again.....

2sb9yxc.jpg

Over at the dry goods section, none of the shenanigans that Flam tried pulling off in Ponyville before ran through Derpy’s mind, for she was very much entertained with his musical number and levitation display. Once the stallion finished, Miss Hooves loudly applauded for Flam, since she always did enjoy a good song. After getting some of her excitement out of her system, the gray pegasus finally answered; [colour=#ffcc00]“I’m Derpy; thanks for catching my items for me! Whatcha’ doing in Ponyville today, Mr. Flam?”[/colour]

Carrot Top smiled as Haymaker agreed to accompany her yet again with shopping. If nothing else it would hopefully stop any other potential mishaps between the stallion and his sisters and keep him being able to stay in the store. Of course she knew that anything could happen though that could make a normal time become anything but that.

[colour=#ff8c00]"It must be nice, having siblings," [/colour]the mare said as she alternated between looking at him and the contents on the shelves, [colour=#ff8c00]"I guess that's the one thing I never really had in my life: siblings. I sometimes imagine what it would be like if I had an older or younger brother or sister, being able to play with them, talk with them, or just share each others' secrets. You know, things that siblings do. But it's really just me though." [/colour]

Carrot Top gave out a wistful sigh of what could have been as she selected a watering can and placing it in her cart.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Anyway, I don't want to bring down such a fun time I'm having here, especially with you. So, besides farming and having fun with your sisters, what else do you like to do?"[/colour]

Haymaker and Haywire smiled as they trotted together towards Filthy Rich.

[colour=#b22222]"Pardon me, Mr. Rich," [/colour]the blonde blank flank filly said. [colour=#b22222]"I think I remember ya mentioning somethin' about toys? Where are they?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Then after we look at toys, I want to go back to the dress section," [/colour]Haymaker added. [colour=#800080]"Betcha we kin find a dress fer you too. I know it ain't yur style, but who knows? Maybe yur school'll have a dance someday."[/colour]

Meanwhile, Hayseed continued walking with Carrot Top and listening to her every word.

[colour=#0000ff]"Well, most of the time, I git along purty good with mah sisters, even when ol' Haywire's up to her old tricks," [/colour]the brown stallion said with a smile. [colour=#0000ff]"Thar's a lotta things I like ta do in mah spare time like tinkerin' with farm equipment an' readin'. Read any good books lately, Miss Carrot Top? I kinda like all them Pioneer pony novels that Louise LaMare wrote."[/colour]

Over a few aisles away, Flam seemed to be hitting it off well with Derpy Hooves. The mustached unicorn was amazed that this blonde Pegasus mare was talking to him, seemingly unaware of his (and his brother's) recent past. Though he had no romantic inklings towards her, Flam was enjoying her friendship and bubbly personality.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Excellent question, Miss Derpy! I'm here to pick up a few choice items. I am always happy to be of service. May I assist you in your own shopping? Perhaps we can work together if you like."[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

[colour=#8b4513]“The toys are over on the center aisle, little missy,”[/colour] Mr. Rich assisted Haywire; [colour=#8b4513]“Now don’t you get in anymore trouble now, you rascal. And make sure you share your zap apple jam with the rest of your family too, haha.”[/colour] Assuming that the two other siblings each purchased at least ten items on their own, the Hay family could potentially walk away with three free jars today. That is, if they behaved that is.....

2sb9yxc.jpg

Meanwhile, Derpy Hooves took up Flam’s offer by dumping the contents of her saddlebags, containing dozens of her coupons, on the floor. [colour=#ffcc00]“Everything you see there is what I’m getting,”[/colour] the young mare stated, staring upon the big mess of scattered vouchers; [colour=#ffcc00]“I think I’ve got about... err I don’t know, maybe half of what I need today. If you want to help me out, dig through my coupons to see what else I need!”[/colour]

The terrible truth was that Derpy only had about a third of the items she wanted today. Having not referenced her coupons often enough, the gray-coated pegasus managed to either select a few doubles of what she had already gotten or had otherwise picked items that did not feature in her coupons.....

Carrot Top smiled when Hayseed mentioned having a good relationship with his sisters. Besides that and farming, the stallion's life was fairly normal with enjoying reading. The earth pony knew that being a farm pony meant that grand adventures and activities were often not possible due to not straying too far from a farm.

It was then that the stallion mentioned the author Louise LaMare which made her eyes instantly light up.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Are you kidding? I love Louise LaMare! I've read all of her novels and even have a few in my personal collection. I love hearing about life on the prairie. I especially like the story about her making friends with a buffalo. It makes me want to travel out west to see what life is really like out in the prairie." [/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Thank ya kindly!" [/colour]little Haywire neighed as she led her big sister towards the center aisle.

[colour=#800080]"Haywire, jist what did Mr. Rich mean by sharin' Zap Apple jam?" [/colour]Haymaker asked.

[colour=#b22222]"Well sis, I already bought some small items, fer mah hobbies!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"YUR only hobby is mischief!" [/colour]the red maned mare snorted. [colour=#800080]"You better not have bought gunpowder er rockets or fireworks!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"How could I buy them things when Mr. Rich's store ain't got'm?" [/colour]the rust coloured filly giggled.

[colour=#800080]"Well, alright then, I reckon whatcha buy with yur own money ain't none of my business, now, let's have a look at the toy section."[/colour]

Hayseed was delighted that Carrot Top shared his love for Pioneer Pony novels.

[colour=#0000ff]"That's right! I read that thar book too!" [/colour]Hayseed neighed. [colour=#0000ff]"While we're here shoppin' together, we could swing on over to the book section 'n see if they got any more Louise LaMare books! I think her latest novel's called 'Call of the Prairie' about a lawpony who finds love in a quiet town with a perty mare..."[/colour]

The happy Earth pony stopped talking as he looked deeply into Carrot Top's eyes. A sudden wave of bashfulness hit Hayseed as he quickly turned his head and tried to change the subject.

[colour=#0000ff]"Er.. anywho, ah, Miss Carrot Top, where would ya like to go next, I mean, in the store..." [/colour]the stallion uttered nervously.

Meanwhile, Flam listens to Derpy's dilemma and then smiles.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Never fear, Derpy dear, I am here, to make things clear!" [/colour]Flam sang, using his horn magic to levitate all of Derpy's coupons into the air and putting them in order like a single page.

[colour=#ff8c00]"We'll mix and match and see, just where these coupons need to be," [/colour]the mustached unicorn sang further as he matched the current items in Derpy's saddlebags to their corresponding coupons. [colour=#ff8c00]"You have two of some of these, and none of some as we now see, so if you'll come along with me, we'll fill your order to a tee!"[/colour]

Flam was delighted to help his new friend. He was determined to assist the gray furred Pegasus complete her grocery list of coupon items.

2sb9yxc.jpg

Derpy Hooves for a split-second wondered how she managed to forget about what items she already had, but very quickly became absorbed in Flam’s singing again. Already, this was turning out to be one the most fun shopping experiences she’s ever have in her life. And just once, it’ll be great not having to hold up the check-out line for fifteen minutes because the pegasus didn’t reference her coupons right beforehoof!

Once the stallion got everything all organized again, Miss Hooves knew for sure that she should return the favour with some Derpy-brand assistance of her own. [colour=#ffcc00]“Thanks again Mr. Flam, you're really good at this!”[/colour] she loudly thanked the tall unicorn; [colour=#ffcc00]“Say, is there anything you’re looking for today at the store?”[/colour] Derpy was sure she could help out Flam with his shopping; after all, he made it look all easy-peasy! How could she possibly fail in this task?

As the earth pony went about collecting a few gardening supplies to stock up, Carrot Top was happy to find that Hayseed had more in common with her than just being two farm ponies.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Hmm... you know I don't think that I've read that book yet. Thanks for telling me Hayseed! I'll be sure to pick it up." [/colour]

The mare's eyes then met Hayseed's for only a brief few seconds but it could have been an eternity in their minds. It was then Carrot felt something. It was a strange alien feeling, but it wasn't bad like feeling sick or upset. It in fact felt good, very good. It went beyond the feeling she had when making new friends or a good day's work out in the field. She wondered if maybe, just maybe, there was something more to this handsome bashful stallion beyond just being friends. Only time would tell, and Carrot wasn't one to rush through things.

[colour=#ff8c00]"I think I have everything in this area, but I think I'm missing something. Oh, I know, the seed packets!"[/colour]

Carrot went to a section of shelves that had packets of all kinds of seeds from fruits and vegetables to hay seeds to even flowers and plants. She selected several types, mainly carrots of course, before returning to the stallion's question.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well, i guess we can go over to the book area. Maybe we can find something else interesting to read. Heh, I guess hearing that I like Louise LaMare shows[/colour] [colour=#ff8c00]that I'm king of a fan of romance."[/colour]

In the dress section of the store, Haymaker waited patiently as she had Haywire try on various fancy looking dresses. The latest choice was a very lacy pink dress with matching bows and ribbons.

[colour=#800080]"Come outta that Changin' Room, sis, let's have a look at ya," [/colour]Haymaker insisted.

[colour=#B22222]"Ok, but I think I look real silly!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as she emerged. [colour=#B22222]"Hope none of mah classmates see me like this!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"You're lookin' real great thar, Haywire! That'd be perfect ta wear to a school dance!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I ain't wear this! If'n ya buy it fer me, I'ma gonna bury it in the backyard!"[/colour]

Meanwhile, Hayseed was having the time of his life shopping with Carrot Top. After picking up bags of hay seeds and other seeds on his list, he followed the green mare over to the book section of the store.

[colour=#0000FF]"Look Carrot Top! We're in luck!" [/colour]the vest wearing stallion neighed, pointing to a book table. [colour=#0000FF]"Mr. Rich must've jist got'm! Ladies first!"[/colour]

Hayseed politely bowed to Carrot Top, allowing her to grab a copy of Louise LaMare's latest novel first. Meanwhile, a new customer appeared in the front area of the store:

[colour=#212121]

201px-This_One%27s_Too_Old_2_S2E17.png[/colour]

The elderly stallion slowly walked up to Filthy Rich.

[colour=#808080]"Hay sonny! Where do you keep the prunes and denture cream?" [/colour]Mr Waddle asked.

Meanwhile, Flam was also having a grand time at Rich's Barnyard Bargains. He was happy that his new Pegasus mare friend was so accepting of him, even with his 'not so glorious' past. It was a relief that he could just be himself! After carefully matching all of Derpy's coupons to their corresponding products, he smiled as the bubbly mare asked if there was anything she could do for him.

[colour=#FF8C00]"There is one thing that I desire, an item I require, but it's up above and high out of my reach.[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00] It's a meshing gear I need, on a shelf up high indeed, and if you would could you please fly up and bring it here to ME!" [/colour]

As Flam sang, he pointed upward to a top shelf where mechanical parts were kept, to a blue tinted gear that rested by itself on the very top shelf. The gear was about a large as a wagon wheel and Flam had no idea how heavy it was.

2sb9yxc.jpg

A meshing gear, eh? Getting that object for the singing stallion would be a piece of cake for Derpy Hooves, which reminded her to treat herself to some cake when her shopping was over; [colour=#ffcc00]“You can count on me, Mr. Flam, one big heavy round thingy coming up!”[/colour] Flying in a hap-hazard manner towards the top of the shelf, Derpy put a hoof to her chin as she planed on how to bring the gear down.

Who was she kidding? All she needed to do was to carry the thing down, just like any other item! Hence was Derpy disappointed when her first attempt at gripping the heavy meshing gear with her forehooves failed. Next, the pegasus figured to use all four of her hooves instead; her attempts succeeded this time... by moving the gear an inch. Taking a moment to catch her breath in mid-air, Miss Hooves calculated that with only twenty more attempts, that bothersome gear would be teetering over the edge of the shelf enough to let gravity do the rest of the work. And so Derpy continued to strain at her herculean task, all to help out Mr. Flam.....!

v3gfue.jpg

Back at the front of Rich's Barnyard Bargains, Filthy Rich shook Mr. Waddle’s hoof; [colour=#8b4513]“Nice to see you today Mr. Waddle. Prunes are in the fruit section, and denture creams are over at the drug section. Ha ha, it's a good thing I'm waiting until the spring to remodel the store.”[/colour] The store owner always wanted to keep his store's layout as efficient and profit-generating as possible, but it was never wise to confuse customers needlessly with constant shuffling-around of departments and aisles.

Remembering that Waddle loved to blow bubbles from his pipe, Mr. Rich added; [colour=#8b4513]“Oh Waddle, you should stock up on bubbles too while you’re here.”[/colour] It was always a good idea according to Filthy to plant purchase suggestions in the minds of shoppers.....

Carrot Top neighed with delight at seeing a table full of the new books by Louise LaMare. Much to her delight, Hayseed offered her to go first, even though there was no risk in not getting a book.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Awwww.... you're such a gentlepony," [/colour]she said selecting her book.

She then gave the stallion a little hug in gratitude for her. The more that she was with him this day, the more she felt that maybe, just maybe, she could see herself with him more often.

[colour=#ff8c00]"You, know I'm going to have to think of a way to repay you for all your kindness." [/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Please be careful, Miss Derpy!" [/colour]Flam shouted up with a note of concern in the mustached stallion's voice. Suddenly, the big gear that had been teetering on the top shelf began to fall downward. Acting quickly, Flam's horn gloved as his magic 'caught' the gear and then proceeded to float it safely to the floor. [colour=#FF8C00]"Well done, my winged friend! Thank you so much for your assistance!"[/colour]

Meanwhile, Mr. Waddle continued his conversation with the store's proprietor

[colour=#696969]"Thank you for all the information, sonny. Y'know, I knew your father and grandfather. Fine ponies they were, and very astute business ponies, that's for sure! This store certainly has changed a lot since the good ol' days. Nice to see that the younger generation's just as eager and determined to keep this wonderful store going!"[/colour]

After Carrot Top hugged him, Haywire began to blush. Wow! He'd never been hugged by a mare who wasn't his kin before! Then when she spoke of doing something nice for him, the burly farm stallion smiled very widely.

[colour=#0000FF]"Oh shucks, Miss Carrot Top, I'm jist happy to be of service to one so perty! Er, I mean, well, I..." [/colour]Hayseed was really getting nervous now. He was so nervous, he was having trouble trying to say how much he liked being around her.

Now that the two sisters finished selecting new dresses and shoes, Haymaker and Haywire quietly went to the Toy section, where the younger sister began to search through the displays.

[colour=#B22222]"No firecrackers? No slingshots? No peashooters? Where's all the good stuff?" [/colour]the rust coloured filly lamented.

[colour=#800080]"Why can't ya he a normal filly who likes dolls and glittery stuff?" [/colour]Haymaker asked.

[colour=#B22222]"All that thar girly frew-frew junk? No way! I wanna have some REAL fun! Maybe I could go over to Sportin' Goods and see if'n they got some nice frog traps!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Frog traps? Now what have I told ya about catchin' frogs?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Ta stop it...."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Exactly!"[/colour]

2sb9yxc.jpg

Something seemed to be very off for Derpy Hooves. Usually by this point, somepony would be complaining about how she bungled up something or did exactly the opposite of what a pony wanted her to do or what not. Frankly, she never understood what she did to deserve such complaints. Today though, Derpy supposed it was a welcome change to encounter a pony that for whatever reason didn’t seem to be subject to humiliation, annoyance, or injury by her presence.

Panting from the effort it took for her to pull the gear, an exhausted Miss Hooves slowly flew downwards back onto the ground. [colour=#ffcc00]“Is there... anything else... I can do for you...?”[/colour] the googly-eyed pegasus barely managed to ask before she collapsed from exhaustion.....

v3gfue.jpg

As for Filthy Rich, he was more than happy to trade words about his father and grandfather with Mr. Waddle; [colour=#8b4513]“Haha, it’s almost hard to believe that this spot used to be the spot of my grandfather’s humble general store. I remember that when I was just a little colt, my grandpa would invite me to help him out at the store and he’d tell me who his customers were...”[/colour]

Struck by a compulsion to talk about the history of the family business, Mr. Rich spent the next five minutes yammering on about how he took the ropes from Stinkin’ Rich, what he learned about business management in Manehatten, how he came back to Ponyville and set up the bargain store, and how he made that succeed; [colour=#8b4513]“...And because Rich’s Barnyard Bargains was able to corner the local retail market, it’s become the store that you see here today.”[/colour]

Carrot could see that her friendly gesture of hugging caused the poor stallion to look like he was about to collapse. Granted she did find a fancy towards the farm pony, but the last thing she wanted to do was make him or anypony for that matter feel nervous around her.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Err.. sorry if my hugging made you nervous Hayseed. I don't want to make you feel anxious around me, especially since I like you." [/colour]

Carrot Top immediately closed her mouth as her eyes went wide with surprise. Did she just confess to liking him? She hoped that this didn't make things worse.

[colour=#ff8c00]"You are quite kind, sweet flying mare, you've made a joy of being here!" [/colour]Flam began to sing. [colour=#ff8c00]"If you would kindly walk with me, oh how happy I would be!"[/colour]

Flam was genuinely enjoying being around Derpy Hooves. She had a care, innocent nature that has started to rub off on the otherwise scheming mustached unicorn. Meanwhile, Mr. Waddle stood and listened to all of Filthy Rich's recollections with great interest.

[colour=#696969]"Indeed Mr. Rich, all of your stories sure bring back a lot of memories! And how is little Diamond Tiara doing these days? She's certainly a credit to your family!" [/colour]Mr. Waddle said with a smile.

Hayseed was stunned to hear Carrot Top admit the very thing HE had wanted to say to HER!

[colour=#0000ff]"Oh golly, Miss Carrot Top, I sure do like ya too!" [/colour]the burly Earth stallion confessed. [colour=#0000ff]"Your so perty and we got so much in common! Y'all kin feel free ta hug me anytime!"[/colour]

In the back of the store, Haymaker and Haywire walked back to the Sporting Goods where the blank flank filly grabbed a big net.

[colour=#b22222]"Ah! This here'll be purfect ta catch me some frogs.. er.. I mean, butterflies! Yeah, that's it! Butterflies!" [/colour]Haywire neighed.

[colour=#800080]"Butterflies?" [/colour]her taller sister asked with a note of doubt in her voice. [colour=#800080]"Since when did y'all like butterflies?"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Well sis, ya didn't want me ta catch frogs no more, so how's about I catch somethin' else instead?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"That's the spirit, Haywire! Maybe while we're here, we kin find a few nature books to help ya identify the butterflies ya want ta catch!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted as she walked towards the Book Section. Little Haywire giggled, knowing that she had no intention to pursue butterflies. The net was going to be perfect for catching more frogs!

2sb9yxc.jpg

Derpy Hooves tried to make a strenuous effort to get up and trot with Flam, but she was still too exhausted. Only mere moments later, her legs gave way as the pegasus tumbled back onto the floor. Now incapable of moving around, Derpy decided to make the most of her time but closing her eyes to get in some sleep, having woken up early to get to the sale on time.

[colour=#ffcc00]“Heeey Rainbow Dash.....”[/colour] Miss Hooves mumbled in her sleep, curling up in the meanwhile; [colour=#ffcc00]“I made some cupcakes for you. I’ve charged them up with lightning... hope you liiiiiiike.....”[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

Filthy Rich never held it against any ponies who lost attention during his long monologues about his business, but that didn’t stop the brown stallion from appreciating Mr. Waddle’s superior attention span. Mr. Rich was hence happy to talk about his daughter to the elderly pony; [colour=#8b4513]“My little Diamond’s doing just fine. For a while there, she managed to turn the school’s Foal Free Press into an extremely profitable newspaper. Granted, Ms. Cheerilee didn’t quite see eye to eye when everything was said and done, but nopony can deny that Diamond has a sharp business sense at her age; just like her old man!”[/colour]

Carrot Top waited for what she thought would be the inevitable classic comment of "let's just be friends." This was especially true as she basically blurted out her feelings to the stallion like somepony taking a bucket of water and drenching another.

Much to her surprise, Hayseed explained that what she said was pretty much what he was thinking about her!

[colour=#ff8c00]"R...really? You like me the same way too? Oh wow, I mean... I've never really been told that somepony likes me. Well, ponies have told me they like me as a friend and such, but not like me like me. Er... I sound kind of silly, don't I?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Ya don't sound silly at'll, Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]Hayseed said dreamily, his grin becoming wider. [colour=#0000FF]"I really do like ya a lot. Say, maybe you and me could go to the next square dance together, what do ya say?"[/colour]

Suddenly, fear seized Flam when he only now realized how exhausted his new Pegasus friend was. He dashed over to her then levitated a megaphone cone up to his mouth.

[colour=#FF8C00]"IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE STORE? A PEGASUS MARE NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION QUICKLY!" [/colour]Flam shouted as he then looked down at Derpy Hooves. [colour=#FF8C00]"My apologies, Miss Hooves, for not noticing your affliction earlier.[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00][colour=#000000]

S02E16_UUS1.png[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"ONE SIDE! DOCTOR COMING THROUGH!" [/colour]a voice from the entrance of the store was heard as Dr. Stable galloped past Filthy Rich and Mr Waddle in order to find the one who called for help.

[colour=#808080]"My goodness!" [/colour]Mr Waddle neighed. [colour=#808080]"This sounds serious, Mr. Rich. Perhaps we should investigate."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Over here, Doctor, please hurry!" [/colour]the lanky mustached unicorn shouted as the physician unicorn arrived.

[colour=#FF0000]"She looked fainted to me. Perhaps some smelling salts will revive her," [/colour]Dr. Stable said as he lifted a small vile from his black bag, opened it and waved it under Derpy's nose. [colour=#FF0000]"How did this happen?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"I'm not quite sure, really. She was flying, lifting on this gear here and.."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"That object is far too heavy for any Pegasus to be toting around, no wonder she looks so tired."[/colour]

Meanwhile, hearing the megaphone call, Haywire and Haymaker rush over to the scene.

[colour=#B22222]"Oh NO!" [/colour]Haywire shouted. [colour=#B22222]:"That's Derpy Hooves!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"It sure is sis!" [/colour]added her older sister as she pointed a hoof at Flam, [colour=#800080]"What did YOU do to her, ya scheming fourflusher!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"I assure you, kind mare, I did nothing inappropriate to this charming filly," [/colour]Flam explained.

[colour=#800080]"If I find out ya did hurt her, I'm gonna box yer ears!" [/colour]Haymaker neighed, waving one of her front leg hooves in the air at him.

v3gfue.jpg

With all the racket coming from the home-farm improvement section of the store, Filthy Rich’s first instinct was indeed to follow Mr. Waddle’s advice and see what transpired. However, something clicked in the store owner’s mind; a pegasus mare? Uggh, not this again; couldn’t one Zap Friday sale go by without the foolishness of Miss Hooves?

[colour=#8b4513]“It’s probably that Derpy Hooves mare again Mr. Waddle,”[/colour] explained a pestered-looking Mr. Rich; [colour=#8b4513]“Accidents happen to her all the time, but I’m sure Dr. Stable can sort out this one today. It’s nothing to worry about, just as long as my employees can keep ponies from crowding.”[/colour] And so Filthy remained at the front of the store, greeting visitors unless an actual emergency arose.....

2sb9yxc.jpg

While a couple store employees surrounded the fallen Derpy Hooves and told everypony else to move along, the gray-coated pegasus herself dreamed of fun times; times like helping Rainbow Dash renovate City Hall and that day when Derpy showed to Bon Bon how the weathermare succeeded at hitting the bon bon stand instead of the tree.

Once she noticed a strange smell though, Derpy opened her eyes only to gaze upon a giant white light. Instinctively closing her googly eyes again, the mare curled up on the floor and murmured; [colour=#ffcc00]“Errr... I don’t wanna’ get up yet. Just another fifteen minutes.....” [/colour]Silly ponies; Derpy had nowhere important to be today she confusedly thought.....

[colour=#ff8c00]"Awww... that's really nice to say that. As for going with you to the square dance with you, sure I would. I should warn you that I don't dance often so I may be stepping on you hooves a little."[/colour]

Carrot then heard a pony call out for help, his voice sounding familiar for some reason to her.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Uh oh, somepony sounds like they're in trouble. Do you think we should check it out?"[/colour]