[Ponyville] Zap Friday Sale! (Open)

Bellosh

[colour=#A9A9A9]"If it's all the same to you, sonny, I'm going to find out what's going on," [/colour]Mr Waddle said to Filthy Rich as the elderly pony slowly walked over to where the crowd was.

Hayseed also heard the shouting and noticed the crowd gathering around near the center of the store.

[colour=#0000FF]"I think yur right, Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]the burly Earth stallion said with a nod, [colour=#0000FF]"reckon we best see what's goin' on, foller me!"[/colour]

As Hayseed led Carrot Top over to the group, Doctor Stable was still working on getting the fallen Derpy Hooves to wake up.

[colour=#B22222]"Hay Doc?" [/colour]a concerned Haywire asked, [colour=#B22222]"Is Derpy ill? She kinda sounds like she's outta her head right now."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Nothing to be alarmed about, young filly," [/colour]the unicorn physicain said as he continued to levitate the open bottle of smelling salts beneath the gray Pegasus' nose. [colour=#FF0000]"I am her family doctor, Miss Hooves often sounds.. well... that way when she speaks."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I STILL say YOU had somethin' ta do with all this, FLAM!" [/colour]Haymaker snarled. [colour=#800080]"You probably drugged her or tried ta con her out of her life's savings er..."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"I resent those baseless accusations, miss!" [/colour]Flam neighed defensively. [colour=#FF8C00]"Miss Derpy Hooves is my friend and.."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS! I heard whatcha tried ta do to Granny Smith and the Apple Family! Why don'tcha leave right now while ya kin still WALK!" [/colour]the lanky red maned mare snorted, shaking a balled up front hoof at the mustached unicorn stallion..

[colour=#0000FF]"Now hold up, sis," [/colour]Hayseed said softly, [colour=#0000FF]"did ya SEE this unicorn doin' anythin' to Miss Hooves?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Well... no..."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Then it's best NOT ta jump ta conclusions!" [/colour]added Haywire.

[colour=#FF0000]"If everypony will remain calm, I believe I can revive this young mare and then she can tell us all what happened here," [/colour]Doctor Stable said sternly. [colour=#FF0000]"Miss Hooves? Please wake up, it's alright, you're among friends here."[/colour]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2sb9yxc.jpg

Hearing a ever-increasing murmur, Derpy’s dreams took a drastic turn as she started seeing herself rushing through the entrance of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains. It was Zap Friday, and she needed to buy a lot of items in order to get a free jar of zap apple jam... and she had to do it facts! Leaving the baskets aside, Miss Hooves flew in the air and-

[colour=#ffcc00]“Oh my stars, it’s Zap Friday!”[/colour] the gray pegasus suddenly awoke with a piercing shout. Seeing all the ponies around her and finding her shopping saddle-baskets, Derpy thought they were all mad just standing there; [colour=#ffcc00]“What are you guys doing? You all gotta get ten items now and make it to the check-out line before they run out of free jam!”[/colour] Getting into the face of Dr. Stable, she hastily added; [colour=#ffcc00]“We’ve got no time to waste; SHOP FOR YOUR LIIIIIIVES!!!”[/colour] With that final giant yell in Stable's direction, the bubble-flanked mare scrambled for her baskets, strapped them on her back, and swiftly galloped in the direction of the check-out area, almost colliding into a store employee and old Mr. Waddle in the process.....

Carrot trotted with Hayseed to the source of the commotion in the store. There was a crowd of ponies already there, a further cause for concern. The orange manned pony wonder if a pony was hurt. Maybe they slipped and fell, or that something fell from a shelf and struck a pony. When she pushed her way through the crowd which consisted of Hayseed's two sisters, the strangely familiar looking unicorn, an older pony she had seen in town often, and thankfully a doctor. And there on the floor was Derpy.

Before she could say anything, Derpy suddenly got up and flew away from the crowd.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well... um... she seems ok," [/colour]Carrot said to Hayseed, [colour=#ff8c00]"I wonder what happened."[/colour]

The mare then heard an angry Haymaker say the name Flam. Immediately Carrot Top remembered something and everything clicked in her mind.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Wait a minute," [/colour]she said to the unicorn, [colour=#ff8c00]"Now i remember you. You tried to sell some potion that was supposed to make ponies feel stronger, but you added something bad into it. I couldn't talk without shouting. I hope you're not trying anything funny now, that you're just shopping, right?" [/colour]

In reality it wasn't that Carrot thought that Flam was planning anything. She was really hoping that Flam would explain himself so that Haymaker didn't fight him.

[colour=#696969]"My word!" [/colour]Mr. Waddle shouted as Derpy Hooves rushed past him, [colour=#696969]"what in Equestria's going on here?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"COME BACK HERE, MISS HOOVES!" [/colour]Dr. Stable shouted as he galloped in pursuit. [colour=#ff0000]"YOU ARE UNDER MY MEDICAL CARE! YOU COULD STILL BE INJURED OR ILL!"[/colour]

Haymaker stared at Flam, and when she heard what Carrot Top said, it only made her even MORE angry.

[colour=#800080]"Yur always up ta no good! You and that snake in the grass brother of yurs!" [/colour]the red maned mare shouted as she pointed at Carrot Top with one hoof. [colour=#800080]"You owe THIS mare an explanation and.."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"I don't have time for this!" [/colour]Flam interrupted, [colour=#ff8c00]"My new Pegasus friend is in danger and I must go help her!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Ya ain't goin' nowhere, ya thievin' little..." [/colour]Haymaker stopped speaking as Flam's horn glowed and he teleported away from the crowd. [colour=#800080]"GIT BACK HERE, FLAM! I AIN'T DONE YELLIN' AT YA YET!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"We kin sort all this out later, Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]Hayseed said to his green mare-friend. [colour=#0000ff]"I think we need to help Derpy first, if we kin. Foller me!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"I'm with YOU, brother!" [/colour]added little Haywire.

[colour=#800080]"I wanna find'm too, SO I KIN CLOBBER'M!" [/colour]Haymaker threatened as she follow behind her siblings. When the Hay family rushed past Mr. Waddle, the force of the pursuit spun the elderly stallion around until he spun to a stop in a reclining chair in the Furniture section of the store. Meanwhile, Dr Stable and Flam both caught up to Derpy Hooves.

[colour=#ff8c00]"My good doctor, perhaps I can bring this wayward mare back to her senses with a song!" [/colour]Flam suggested.

[colour=#ff0000]"That's a preposterous idea!"[/colour] Dr Stable snorted as Flam took his straw hat off and began to sing to the busy Pegasus mare.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Oh Miss Derpy Hooves, dear friend of mine, it's all alright and everything's fine,[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00] You passed out a short time ago, and the Doctor and I want you to know,[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00] That we want to help you now, you've finished shopping anyhow,[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00] I helped you with that lovely task, so come with us, that's all we ask,[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00] So the Doctor can help you too, because we both truly care about YOU!"[/colour]

Dr Stable rolled his eyes in doubt as the Hay family arrived on the scene.

Zap Apple Jam - A unique substance in itself, born of a unique fruit grown in a unique way that could only be described as part superstition, part luck, and all Apple family grit....and it was a substance that many had come to love over the years, as was clearly evident in the chaotic maelstrom of Filthy Rich's kitchen.

One such enjoyer was the young dragon currently browsing the shop - his eyes scanning and twitching towards everything that looked good, or perhaps would appeal to him...the prize of a jar of zap apple jam too delicious to turn down, the very thought leaving his tongue tingling in anticipation - afterall, he had designs of seeing just what he could use the mysterious yet delicious substance on in the kitchen back at the library.

The shop was bustling with punter ponies, all of whom looked just as intent on getting stuck into being one of the lucky first 100 customers to receive a free jar of that coveted, rare Zap Apple Jam...although it seemed as though he'd probably be in with a shot if he didn't stall for too long. With a shopping list in one claw, and a bag of bits in the other, he was set and ready to go shopping...but there was really only one problem - He had absolutely NO idea what he wanted to buy, and 10 items seemed like such a huge amount of stuff to spike, without a plan or a shopping list to work to. Ah well, maybe he'll find SOMETHING in here that would take his fancy...it was just too early to tell!

2sb9yxc.jpg

Already at this point, the lines at the check-out sections got bogged down by ponies attempting to buy hordes upon hordes of items. Derpy Hooves was one such pony, waiting at the back of a line for checkout; with each passing second that came by, it appeared less and less likely that Derpy could get her free zap apple jam jar in time. To her dismay, both the now-approaching Dr. Stable and Mr. Flam didn’t seem to understand this important fact!

[colour=#ffcc00]“What are you guys doing?!”[/colour] she cried out to the two stallions, just in time in interrupt Flam’s last line; [colour=#ffcc00]“I’m not going to be fine if I don’t get my free jar, and neither will you if you don’t hurr- WAIT!”[/colour] With inspiration suddenly striking the gray pegasus, she swiftly dug through her saddlebaskets and gave both Stable and Flam ten random items each for them to carry; [colour=#ffcc00]“There’s no time for you two to shop now, but if you get behind me and buy the stuff I’ve given you, you’ll have those jars in no time!”[/colour] Pleased with her ingenuity, Miss Hooves closed her eyes in joyful contentment.....

v3gfue.jpg

Back at the entrance, Filthy Rich was so busy trying to greet as much customers as he could that he almost failed to spot a little purple dragon entering his store. That was, until he managed to glimpse the boy holding his shopping list and looking really confused. The earth pony knew Spike was the assistant to the town librarian; Filthy guessed that the dragon was most likely here for either parchment or groceries... or maybe both!

In no time flat, Mr. Rich rushed over to the latest customer of note. [colour=#8b4513]“How do you do today partner?”[/colour] he warmly greeted Spike, although weariness now seeped into his voice; [colour=#8b4513]“Need help figuring out where to get the stuff on your list?”[/colour]

Carrot Top realized that what she said to Flam only fueled the fire when it came to Haymaker threatening him.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Yeah, let's go. I don't want to give your sister anymore reason to attack Flam." [/colour]

She then approached the grey pegasus who frantically tried to unload her items to get the all important zap apple jam.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Um... Derpy? I'm sure there's plenty of jam left. You don't have to run around like that especially after everypony in the store saw you passed out on the floor."[/colour]

Now holding the groceries given to them by Derpy Hooves, Dr. Stable looked over at Flam and grunted.

[colour=#FF0000]"See Flam, I told you your silly song wouldn't work," [/colour]the physician unicorn stallion snorted. [colour=#FF0000]"Apparently, her current state of exhaustion has left this poor mare with short term memory loss. Of course with Miss Hooves, it's often hard to tell whether or not that is her... normal behavior."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Now see here my good stallion!" [/colour]Flam neighed defensively. [colour=#FF8C00]"Miss Hooves is my friend and I will NOT stand here and allow you to belittle her like this! Perhaps it would be best to simply allow her to play this out on her own. Maybe she'll remember the fact that she and I had already gathered the items she wanted with all the matching coupons and..."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"As a doctor, it is my duty to intervene, for her own good," [/colour]Dr. Stable said as he levitated his black bag open to retrieve a bottle of pills. [colour=#FF0000]"I didn't want to resort to this, but drastic situations call for drastic measures. I will give Miss Derpy Hooves one of these sleeping pills to put her in a state of slumber so I may do a more thourough examination on her cranium. She could be suffering from a minor concussion and I won't be able to determine that if she refuses to sit still long enough for me to look."[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Doc?" [/colour]Hayseed asked as he glanced over at Carrot Top for a moment. [colour=#0000FF]"You SURE that's a good idear? Maybe Mr. Flam's gotta point..."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"The ONLY point Flam has is on his horn!" [/colour]Haymaker yelled as she rushed over to the Doctor and grabbed the bottle from him. [colour=#800080]"I'll give Derpy one of them thar pills! Maybe she'll need two er more as loopy as she is."[/colour]

[colour=#A9A9A9]"Now see here, miss!" [/colour]Mr Waddle shouted. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Let Dr. Stable do his duty. He is a trained professional."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Stop it, sis!" [/colour]Haywire pleaded. [colour=#B22222]"Maybe I kin talk ta Miss Hooves and git'r ta see reason."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Nonsense! I'll force that cross eyed filly to take one of these pills if I have to open her mouth and shove it in there myself!" [/colour]Haymaker boasted as she opened the bottle and balanced two pills in her right front hoof.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Madam, I would strongly suggest you cease and desist at once!" [/colour]Flam said as he glanced over at Haywire, [colour=#FF8C00]"perhaps this wise little filly has a better idea."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"SHUT UP YOU MANGY SIDEWINDER!" [/colour]Haymaker roared, shaking her fist at him, unwittingly tossing the two white pills straight up into the air. When she looked up and saw the pills coming back down, her mouth gaped open for a split second as they landed in it and flew straight down her throat before she could react. Instantly, the lanky red maned mare began to feel drowsy and wobble.

[colour=#800080]"This is all... yur... fault..." [/colour]Haymaker pointed at Flam seconds before collasping to the floor, fast asleep.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh good grief," [/colour]Dr Stable grunted, [colour=#FF0000]"NOW I have two mares who need medical attention."[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Gee Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]Hayseed said to his new very special somepony. [colour=#0000FF]"Mighty surry ya had ta see my sister actin' so wierd like this. But at least when she's out cold like this, she can't make no more trouble."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I'm going to try to talk ta her," [/colour]Haywire said as she galloped up to the gray pelted Pegasus mare. [colour=#B22222]"Uh, Miss Derpy Hooves. Could I talk ta ya fer a minute, please?"[/colour]

Haywire then flashed those 'puppy dog eyes' at Derpy, a look that few could resist.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#282828]. [/colour][colour=#8B4513]“How do you do today partner?”[/colour]

Spike was almost lost in his own thoughts as he pondered his choices - it was no surprise that he almost jumped outta his scales as the voice came from behind him. He spins around quickly, narrowly avoiding knocking off a few empty jars from the bottom shelf with his tail as he did so!

" [colour=#008080]OH...Uh...Hey there, Mr Rich[/colour]! " the dragon manages to get out before taking a moment to process the second part of the ponies sentence and gives a small nervous smile...it was more or less at this point that he really remembered that he hadn't totally planned in advance for this whole shopping expedition, and wasn't exactly following any list of goods to acquire. Still, perhaps now was a good chance to just go with what he knew and maybe just grab some things that might be useful to him or twilight at some point...for now, though, he didn't really know if he was going to need assistance or not just yet.

" [colour=#008080]No, uh...I think I've, um...got it for now[/colour]! " the dragon says, a little uncertain at first but managing to get something of a wavering smile in. " [colour=#008080]I'll, uh...call you over if I need you though - I mean, I'm not all that tall, and no unicorn, so I can't exactly reach the top shelf without a l'il help...and since Twilights not really here right now, I may need somepony to get something from up there eventually![/colour] "

He could hear some kinda commotion coming from nearby, but since he wasn't really close to where it was going on and couldn't get a good look at who was involved - still, there sure seemed to be a lot of activity going on in here - moreso than usual, it seemed...the dragon couldn't help but feel his curiosity rising to find out what it was!

"[colour=#008080] Geez, sure sounds like everyponies gettin' into a jam today, eh[/colour]? " Spike comments to Filthy, giving a chuckle as he tried to get a look at whatever was going on!

2sb9yxc.jpg

Once Derpy Hooves realized that nopony was talking to her anymore, she used it as her cue to tune everything out and start humming. While the immediate world turned to hay around her, the gray pegasus kept on droning her favorite tunes. The other shoppers in line however; they started to feel edgy around the feuding ponies. Many grimaced and shook their heads as Haymaker ended up accidently swallowing two sleeping pills and collapsed.

It wasn’t until Carrot Top and a filly entered her line of sight that Miss Hooves finally saw fit to tune back in into the real world. [colour=#ffcc00]“Oh come on Carrot,”[/colour] Derpy whined; [colour=#ffcc00]“I’m perfectly fine... but it looks like you need a few more items to get to the ten needed for a free jar.”[/colour] After tossing several of her less fragile items Carrot’s way, the young mare turned her attention to the cute little filly beside her and ruffled her mane; [colour=#ffcc00]“Awww, aren’t you a sweet little thing! What can Derpy do for you today?”[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

Filthy Rich couldn’t say that everyone could shop at Rich’s Barnyard Bargains unless even those who were height-challenged could obtain items from the shelves. Fortunately, the store-owner could accommodate Spike’s needs quite easily. [colour=#8b4513]“Well if you need assistance,”[/colour] Filthy happily instructed; [colour=#8b4513]“Ponies are standing by if you can’t reach something. Never hesitate to ask for help; my employees are the best anypony can hire! You see, we at Barnyard Bargains believe that-”[/colour]

The sound of commotion over by the cash registers put a swift end to another impromptu speech on the strengths of Mr. Rich’s store and its hiring policies. The brown stallion swore that one of his cashiers was calling for his intervention too. Letting an annoyed grunt pass through his muzzle, Filthy swiftly corrected himself with a smile as he told Spike; [colour=#8b4513]“Looks like I’m needed elsewhere; I hope you find everything you need.”[/colour]

And so the store-owner got the chance to observe a rare sight; that of Haymaker knocked out cold. That was very odd, because Filthy also swore hearing her outraged voice just moments ago. Oh well; now was as good a time as ever to send off a disruptive customer. [colour=#8b4513]“Ahem, can I have a word with you doctor?”[/colour] the earth pony asked before whispering in Dr. Stable’s ear; [colour=#8B4513]“Could you go and treat Haymaker outside the store... and make sure she stays there? I don’t want my customers' shopping experience to be continually disrupted by her.”[/colour]

Carrot Top watched as Dr. Stable explained his need to put Derpy to sleep for further examination and how Flam fought back against the idea. The mare simply shrugged at the idea when Hayseed looked over at her for her opinion.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well... you're the Doc, um, doc. I mean as long as she's ok after waking up, then that's fine with me. I mean she's acting more... more than she normally does."[/colour]

Carrot Top braced herself for what she thought was going to be an ugly confrontation between Flam and Haymaker when to her surprise the mare suddenly swallowed some pills and fell asleep. Hayseed could only apologize to Carrot Top for her sister's action.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Oh you don't have to apologize Hayseed. If anything this is sure livening things up at this store. And no pony was hurt so I think things are ok. Um...Doctor? How long do those pills last in terms of a pony sleeping?"[/colour]

Suddenly Derpy swooped by and dropped some items into her shopping bag. She searched into the bag to see what exactly the pegasus dropped in.

[colour=#ff8c00]"A box of tea, [/colour][colour=#ff8c00]a bottle of mane and tail shampoo, and a bag of carrots? Er... I'm not sure if I need the last one."[/colour]

She turned to Hayseed and whispered in his ear.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Um... Hayseed? She gave me a bag of carrots among other things. Practically everypony knows I sell [/colour][colour=#ff8c00]carrots. My house looks like a big carrot and there's a garden of carrots surrounding it with nothing but carrots. I mean even my cutie mark is a carrot! I think we should follow her in the store just to be sure she's ok."[/colour]

Hayseed nodded as Carrot Top spoke to him.

[colour=#0000FF]"Yur sure right bout Miss Derpy, ma'am," [/colour]the cowboy hat wearing Earth stallion said with a nod, [colour=#0000FF]"we best foller her and keep her from hurtin' herself more."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"And I'll try ta talk ta her agin'!" [/colour]added Haywire as she galloped on ahead, trying to catch up to the gray furred Pegasus mare. [colour=#B22222]"HAY DERPY! Kin ya talk ta me fer a minute?"[/colour]

Meanwhile, as Hayseed turned to follow Derpy, Doctor Stable listened to Filthy Rich's instructions.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well Mr. Rich, I could better trend to this unfortunate mare outside, but my main concern is Miss Derpy Hooves. She seems to have experienced some traumatic cranial injury and is acting more, unusual, than normal. Miss Haymaker is fine, she just accidentally swallowed two sedative pills. I'll place her outside then return to treat Miss Hooves. Until then, try to calm her down and keep her still, ok?" [/colour]the unicorn physician said, using his horn magic to levitate Haymaker and then walked her out of the store.

[colour=#808080]"Oh my Mr Rich," [/colour]Mr Waddle added, [colour=#808080]"what shall we do? I will certainly help you all I can."[/colour]

2sb9yxc.jpg

Quickly scanning her saddlebaskets to see what items of hers remained, Derpy Hooves’s eyes shot wide open as she noticed a glaring oversight; she had no carrots! The young mare had planed to use cooked carrots for her dinner tonight, and she couldn’t leave the store without them. Desperately figuring out who she gave the orange vegetables to, Derpy’s line of sight naturally gravitated toward the pony known by all in Ponyville for growing carrots... and look at that! Carrot Top somehow received the carrots; very silly and ironic indeed.

[colour=#ffcc00]“I’ll be taking those; sorry about that Carrot,”[/colour] Miss Hooves uttered as she took back the bag of carrots with her muzzle and deposited them back in the saddlebasket. At that moment, the adorable filly from before came up to her again... and asked her the same question as before? That was odd, thought the concerned pegasus ; [colour=#ffcc00]“Is something the matter, cutie? You asked me that same question just a moment ago. I think you need you need that kind doctor to check your head out; you haven’t banged it recently?”[/colour]

v3gfue.jpg

That “kind doctor” was of course busy with Filthy Rich, who really wanted nothing more at the moment but to resolve the crisis immediately... and that wouldn’t be accomplished until Dr. Stable understood that he couldn’t do anything else with Derpy while she was on store property.

[colour=#8b4513]“Try to understand doctor,”[/colour] Mr. Rich stated; [colour=#8b4513]“If you feel something’s the matter with Miss Hooves, you should wait until she leaves the premises before doing anything. Right now though, all I see is her behaving like her usual self... so please don’t make things even worse than they have to be for my customers while she’s still inside. Now then; you can go tend to the unconscious mare now.”[/colour] Finishing up relaying his wishes, Filthy watched as Haymaker was levitated out of the store.....

Spike stood there and watched as Filthy resumed his duties - Spike had come across the stallion many a time, and whilst he had a penchant for being a little busy at times, he didn't SEEM to be too much of a bad pony. Spike scratches his head in contemplation for a moment before surveying his choices and moving along...some long lasting quills seemed like a good idea, and maybe something that'd keep him dry in the rain - if there was anything Spike wasn't fond of, it was gettin' all wet in the middle of a trip out with Twilight.

Shrugging as he threw a couple of those and some scrolls into the basket he'd picked up, he headed towards another section of the shop - perhaps he could find himself some useful kitchen supplies...you never knew when you might need a second whisk, or a bowl, or a new wooden spoon.

There was always SOMETHING they were running out of now and then, and if he was gonna be buying a little stuff out here then it may as well be stuff that they'd really be needing!

At any rate, Spikes shopping adventure continued on unhindered - and so far, it was surprisingly less eventful than he'd expected it to be!

Before Carrot Top could say anything, Derpy removed the carrots from her basket while explaining her mistake.

[colour=#ff8c00]"You know Derpy, if you wanted carrots, you could stop by my stand. Is there anything you need else from the store?"[/colour]

She gave a little nod to Hayseed as if to ask him to help her help Derpy while trying to see if she was completely alright.

Mr Waddle watched as Filthy Rich rushed by him.

[colour=#696969]"These youngsters today! Always in a hurry!" [/colour]the elderly stallion giggled. His smile soon turned to a frown as the levitating body of Haymaker floated above him as Dr. Stable walked by very slowly. [colour=#696969]"Good heavens Doctor, is she alright?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes Mr Waddle, Miss Haymaker is perfectly fine," [/colour]the unicorn physician answered. [colour=#FF0000]"She's merely sleeping, but I must set her outside quickly so I can tend to another patient."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"The Hay Family's cart is parked nearby! Follow me, and you can set her on it while she rests!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Excellent idea! Please lead the way!" [/colour]Dr Stable neighed as the older stallion trotted off in front of him. Meanwhile, the others were trying hard to calm Derpy Hooves down. Haywire now seemed to have her attention.

[colour=#B22222]"Please Miss Derpy," [/colour]the rust coloured filly pleaded, [colour=#B22222]"could ya please stand still long enough fer us ta talk to ya!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"That's it, sis!" [/colour]Hayseed said to Haywire before turning back towards Carrot Top, [colour=#0000FF]"maybe betwited the two of ya we kin git Miss Hooves back to reality an' calm her down."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Fillies and gentlecolts," [/colour]Flam spoke out, [colour=#FF8C00]"I believe I can reach our wayward winged friend!"[/colour]

The mustached unicorn stallion floated a six pack of fresh muffins up towards the gray Pegasus mare.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Miss Hooves! I have purchased these lovely muffins, all for you, if you'll please stand still and talk to us," [/colour]Flam spoke in a very welcoming tone. [colour=#FF8C00]"I'm your friend Flam, I helped you with your shopping list earlier, remember?"[/colour]

2sb9yxc.jpg

First things first, Derpy Hooves needed to set the record straight with Carrot Top; [colour=#ffcc00]“Everypony knows your carrots are the best in Ponyville Carrot, but unfortunately they don’t count towards getting a free Zap Apple Jam jar thingy. Oh, I don’t need anything else too; I got more than ten items so I’m good.”[/colour] Next, the adorable rust-coloured filly made another nonsensical plea to the googly-eyed pegasus; Derpy really thought the kid needed to see a doctor. [colour=#ffcc00]“I think something’s wrong with you little girl,”[/colour] she stated with immerse concern; [colour=#ffcc00]“I’ve been standing in line this entire-”[/colour]

“Excuse me ma’am, you can come up now.”

[colour=#ffcc00]“Ah shoot, I’m coming I'm coming!”[/colour] cried out Miss Hooves; she had done such a good job of standing still in line that a wide gap between the mare and the checkout stand now existed. With a breathtaking jolt, she scrambled to the front of the line and hoofed over to the old cashier what items of her remained, not bothering to give a look at Flam's muffins. As per the course for a silly pony like Derpy, she then dumped all of her coupons on the stand, not bothering to recollect that she gave much of her items away to others. That meant the cashier now had the nightmarish task of sorting out which coupons were needed and which were not.

For her part, the old lady running the check out stand deserved a medal from Princess Celestia for her service with a grumble.....

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ff8c00]"Yeah, I think you're right[/colour][colour=#ff8c00]," [/colour]Carrot Top replied to Hayseed as the mare watched Derpy.

To her credit Derpy did recognize that Carrot Top did sell carrots and that she was merely purchasing some at the store for the sale. At least some part of her was grounded in reality. But Carrot still wanted to check on her along with Hayseed's sister, just to be sure.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well, I'm glad that you have enough things to get that jam," [/colour]she replied to the grey pagasus who was waiting in anticipation for the coveted zap apple jam, [colour=#ff8c00]"I have to get a few more things myself before I can have enough to get that jam."[/colour]

Then Flam presented the ponies with an interesting solution. Carrot knew, as did many ponies in Ponyville, that Derpy's treat was muffins. Hopefully the perfect pastries could help calm down the pegasus that flitted about.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Gadzooks!" [/colour]Flam shouted out, [colour=#ff8c00]"Miss Derpy must truly be ill to reject these muffins! These soft, pleasant smelling, delicious looking..."[/colour]

Starting to drool, the lanky unicorn viciously tore into the pack of muffins, eating every one of them.

[colour=#0000ff]"Hay buddy! At least ya couldda shared them muffins with the rest of us!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted before turning to Carrot Top. [colour=#0000ff]"Them muffins must be powerful good ta git that city feller to hog'm all fer himself. Did I hear ya say ya needed ta do more shoppin', ma'am? I'll gladly help ya out with that!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Oh my! What shall we do now to help Miss Hooves?" [/colour]Mr Waddle asked as Doctor Stable galloped back in.

[colour=#ff0000]"You there, blonde foal, aren't you the sister of Haymaker?" [/colour]Doctor Stable asked.

[colour=#b22222]"Yes sir, Mr Doctor, sir," [/colour]Haywire replied.

[colour=#ff0000]"Please go out and trend to her. I placed her into your family's cart outside. She's still sleeping, but I'd feel better if you would stay with her until she awakens again."[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"You kin count on me, Doctor!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly neighed with a salute. [colour=#b22222]"I done got all my shoppin' finished already!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"Good idear, sis!" [/colour]Hayseed shouted as his little sister galloped away.

[colour=#ff0000]"Now then, I must corral Miss Hooves to do a thorough examination on her. Will any of you fine ponies help me?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Well Doc, I don't know what I can do, but I'll certainly assist you all I can," [/colour]Mr Waddle said.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Be right with you, soon as I finish these WONDERFUL muffins!" [/colour]added Flam.

[colour=#0000ff]"Well, I don't know," [/colour]Hayseed said as he turned towards Carrot Top, [colour=#0000ff]"What do you think, darlin'? Maybe Derpy's not ill, she's actin' weird, but this could be normal for her. Maybe we best jist leave her alone."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"I'M the Doctor here, young stallion, and I say she is in need of medical treatment!" [/colour]Dr. Stable neighed before turning to Miss Hooves. [colour=#ff0000]"Now Miss Derpy, you are quite ill, I wonder if you have a moment to submit to a simple cranial examination so I can determine the amount of damage you have."[/colour]

2sb9yxc.jpg

As it turned out, watching the cashier dig through Derpy’s coupons and struggling to see which ones could be matched with the items being purchased proved to be too boring for the googly-eyed pegasus. Looking off to the side, the gray pegasus saw a lengthy line of annoyed customers glaring at her. If only Miss Hooves knew how to prevent this situation from happening. At least Carrot Top could still go out and browse through the aisles... just as long as she hurried up to get the free jam!

Luckily, in Derpy’s hour of need, good ole’ Dr. Stable came by to offer a remedy that cleanse her mind of boredom. She knew for sure she wasn’t sick in any way, but a cranial... thingy sounded more fun than watching the cashier. [colour=#ffcc00]“I’m not quite sure what a cranial examination's supposed to do, doc,”[/colour] Miss Hooves merrily replied, spreading out her wings in excitement;[colour=#ffcc00] “But if it’ll help pass the time, then go ahead please!”[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

Carrot Top shrugged when Derpy seemed to act like normal, well as normal as she was on any given day. Maybe she was just concerned about the earth pony not getting enough for the zap apple jam. In any case she though it was best to perhaps let the grey pegasus alone and see what would happen.

[colour=#ff8c00]"You're right," [/colour]she said to Hayseed, [colour=#ff8c00]"I think it's Derpy being Derpy that's all. I don't think anything will happen to her. Anyway, let's head to the grocery area next. There's a couple of things I want to get there." [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"I'm with you, Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]Hayseed said with a smile, [colour=#0000FF]"glad ta lend ya a helpin' hoof! I think the Doc's got Miss Derpy under control now."[/colour]

As Mr. Waddle looked on, Dr Stable began his 'examination' of the crosseyed gray Pegasus mare.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thank you for your cooperation, Miss Hooves. If you'll just hold still, I'll see how injured you are," [/colour]the unicorn physician said as he levitated some instruments in the air. One he used to look into Derpy's ears and another one measured the dimensions of her skull. [colour=#FF0000]"Remarkable! So far, there appears to be no damage to your cranium. But the only way to be certain is with an X-Ray. Miss Hooves, after you have finished shopping, I would like for you to come with me to the hospital so I may perform the appropriate X-Rays to see what damage you've done to your skull. Did Flam ask you to do anything that caused you to get injured?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Now stop right there you mangy quack! You better take that insult back!" [/colour]an angry Flam continued to sing. [colour=#FF8C00]"I'd never hurt this lady fair and if you think I did, that's so unfair! Miss Derpy Hooves will tell you right, if you insist on accusing me then YOU AND I WILL FIGHT!!!!"[/colour]

Flam reared up and shook his fisted hooves at a stunned Dr. Stable.

[colour=#696969]"Gentlecolts, please! This isn't the place to battle one another!" [/colour]Mr Waddle pleaded.

2sb9yxc.jpg

Derpy Hooves still didn’t get the fuss that everypony was making in front of her. Why did Dr. Stable still believe that something was wrong with her, and why did Mr. Flam want to get in a fight? Most oddly of all though, why didn’t they leave to go back to shopping like Carrot Top and her pal did? Didn't Stable and Flam want Zap Apple jam? Derpy’s eyes rolled around wildly while she vainly struggled to understand the dilemma.

Eventually it all became too much for the gray pegasus to comprehend in her mind. [colour=#ffcc00]“I don’t get it Doc,”[/colour] she meekly added to the conversation, shaking her head in confusion; [colour=#ffcc00]“I’ve been getting in accidents since I was a little filly, like everypony else. What makes you think something is wrong with my head now?”[/colour] As far as Miss Hooves knew, nothing has ever been wrong with her at all.....

As Carrot Top made her way down the aisles selecting random food items she needed for home, her mind wandered to how Derpy must have felt. All of a sudden the grey pegasus was the center of attention even though she had no intention to do so. Ponies were examining her, questioning her, and even fighting over her. Hopefully things would be cleared up soon so that Derpy could do what she intended to do with going shopping.

[colour=#ff8c00]"So, besides reading and farming, what else do you like to do Hayseed?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Well Miss Carrot Top, I do like whittin' now 'n then," [/colour]Hayseed said with a smile, [colour=#0000FF]"it's a sorta hobby of mine. I once carved a lifesize sculpture of mah little sister out of an old tree stump. Took me two months to git it all done. Then Haywire said she wanted ta 'borrow' it. She painted it an then used it ta pull a prank on Haymaker! Made her SO mad she punched it inta splinters! Oh well, it looked purty while it lasted. Say, maybe some time I could show ya all the whittin' scruptures I made! I still gotta buncha'm, and I don't let Haywire borrow any of'm anymore."[/colour]

Meanwhile Derpy's response to Doctor Stable's amazed the physician unicorn as well as the other ponies all around him.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Well spoken, Miss Derpy Hooves!" [/colour]Flam neighed as he clapped his front hooves. [colour=#FF8C00]"Nothing wrong with being you! That's the sensable think to do! Just like.."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Stop that infernal singing, you scalliwag!" [/colour]scoulded Dr. Stable as he turned to Derpy Hooves. [colour=#FF0000]"You mean to say that you didn't receive a fierce blow to the head, miss? This truly IS your normal behavior?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Perhaps that's the question you should've asked FIRST, Doctor," [/colour]added Mr. Waddle. [colour=#696969]"When you jump to conclusions, they can sometimes jump on you!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"A very wise saying, dear fellow! Now, Miss Hooves, may I be of service to you this fine day?" [/colour]Flam asked, with a smile on his face.