Humble Beginnings(OPEN!)

Derpyy

It was a bright and warm day in the town of Ponyville. Light was standing on a small wooden stage near his house in the marketplace of Ponyville. He was standing on the stage playing one of his favorite instruments. He adored playing music.Well he hoped he enjoyed playing music since his cutie mark was music related. He also hoped that the small crowd of coming and going ponies enjoyed his music too. He had played on the streets of Ponyville before and he always loved it.

He kept playing his cello and only missed but a few notes. He noticed that the ponies didn't noticed that he missed a note, 'which he was thankful for'. Everytime he missed a note a bead of sweat would leave his forehead and crawl down his face. The only pony he was afraid of hearing him play was Octavia. But he knew that she would never listen to him play.

He then finished the piece and put his cello on the ground. There was light applause and he smiled at the ponies that stopped to listen to him. He thanked them for listening and he waved at them. He had intentionally left his cello case out open in front of the stage for passing by ponies to drop bits in there. He had a job but he always loved to make some extra bits.

He jumped off the stage and went over to the case. He didn't pick it up or close it but he just glanced into it. There were only a few bits. [colour=#0000ff]"Well,"[/colour] He thought, [colour=#0000ff]"It's better than nothing."[/colour] He then turned around and started to socialize with the ponies that were near the stage.

He figured today was not a very busy day seeing as how most of the shops didn't have many customers either. He glanced at all of the shops and sighed a bit. He looked back at the ponies near him and he told them goodbye. He walked up to the stage and put the bits in his saddlebag and put his cello in his case. He put the cello back on the stage and left it there. He then started to relax on the stage because he was tired of playing. He had been playing for a while and wanted to take a break. He laid down on the stage and looked up at the clouds. He noticed the pegasi flying around controlling the weather and he wished he was a pegasus for a few seconds. But then he shook off that feeling because he realized he was happy being a unicorn.

(Alright! This is open to any OC charries or anypony that wants to play any canon character or any of the mane 6! :) )

The blue mare had walked by, hearing beautiful music, she walked up to the stage. She was smiling rather cutely and a bit shyly. Realizing she was already too late to drop some bits, she decided to sit down and wait for him to play again.

Siren had flown threw the air in a small burst of speed, laughing happily. Three days. It had been three days since Air Siren had arrived in Ponyville. Low on money he had spent the first day gathering money via small air shows, but that wasn't as popular as it usually was, which he somewhat suspected from the town that had probably the fastest flier in Cloudsdale.

On the second day, Siren went job hunting, but the town had little need for one of his loud talents.

On his third day, he once again attempted to job hunt, but soon found himself distracted by a celloist's melody. If he had the money, he would've payed him, but donations were not a luxury he could afford anymore. Still he flew above and listened to the entire thing.

When Light was almost done with his break he looked in the small audience that was listening to him. He noticed that some ponies were just coming and going. He noticed a blue mare that was staring at him. He started to stare back and he gave her a smile. He then walked off the stage and into the crowd and said to her,[colour=#0000ff] "Hello there! Did you like my music? Oh and please don't think higher of me. I am just a regular pony who plays music. I am not as famous as Octavia." [/colour]He smiled and waited for her to respond. While he was waiting he looked up and heard the sounds of pegasi flying through the sky. He figured it was a lot of pegasi flying but when he looked up it was only one. He looked up at the pegasus, unaware that he had been listening to him, and he waved at the him.

She smiled back at him, and stood up "you sounded great! I play acoustic guitar my self. Anyway, it's nice to meet somepony else who loves music as much as I do!" she smiled happily, holding out her hoof "I'm Upbeat Harmony, but you can call me Beats."

Light smiled at her and he looked back at his cello in his case. He looked back at her and said, "I did? Well thanks! And you play music as well? Maybe we could play together some time?". He smiled at her and then took her hoof. "Well isn't that interesting. My name is Light Harmony. But call me Light. It's great to meet you Beats.".

Siren landed after the pony waved to him. "Not bad at all! I used to play piano as a colt you know... but that was along time ago. How long have you played? Oh hello!" He waved to Beats before looking back at Light. "I'm Siren. Air Siren!"

Black Starcross watched the music inclined pony play, he had to say that the pony had skill. He shook out his dark gold and bright green mane and combed over some of his dark purple coat with his hoof. He slowly trotted over to the cello playing pony and the two others that joined her after her small show. Using his wing he pulled a small sack of bit out of his bag. "[colour=#800080]You have skill, if I do say so myself. Names Black Starcross, jazz singer and slight bongo player." [/colour]He gave the group a little bow, before tossing him the bag of bit.

Light looked at Air Siren and smiled. [colour=#0000ff]"Well that's great! I have been playing since I was a young colt. But it wasn't always the cello. I can play some other instruments." He smiled at Air and said, "It's very nice to meet you!"[/colour] He looked down at Air's wings. [colour=#0000ff]"You know I've always wanted wings."[/colour] He sighed, [colour=#0000ff]"But I am happy being a unicorn though!"[/colour] Light then noticed another pony walk up and drop a bag of bits at him. His face lit up when he held the bits. He put them on the ground and he said happily, "[colour=#0000ff]Well thanks sir! And hey! Maybe sometime we could get you me and miss Beats here to all play together one of these days!"[/colour] He laughed a bit and then looked back at Black, [colour=#0000ff]"My name is Light Harmony.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] It's good to meet you!"[/colour]

He smiled. [colour=#800080]"That's the reason I walked over her to see if you had an intrest in preforming Mr.Harmony, yes? And you said one Miss Beats plays as well?" [/colour]He looked around the small group, a thought running though his head. [colour=#800080]"You sir, Mr. Green. I am sorry to have to call you that but I don't seem to know your name, and as I fellow pegasus I feel dredful for using such slang; but I have a feeling that you as well ether played or currently play a intrament. And if I am right about that, I feel that we were gathered here but the sprit of music itself." [/colour]He stated his peice without a hint of trick or deseat. He spoke as though he himself knew far more than he would first appear to, and doesn't know what he really knew.

(Ah, this one seems to be much slower moving than the last. Hopefully i won't get left behind. *Cracks knuckle* Now... time for business...)

[colour=#4b0082]~Starbuster~[/colour]

Turquoise eyes opened slowly as the cellist finished his song. Starbuster had always loved musicians, big time or small time. She enjoyed being able to just sit and listen, what with her occupation and all. Guiding ponies back and forth between all the different cities was fun and all, but she much enjoyed the time to sit and relax. She was about to approach him when he was bombarded with other ponies discussing musical matters. She took a step back, and sat, waiting for him to be free. That didn't stop her from listening in though. She watched as a deep purple pony tossed him some bits, and heard the musician suggest a few of them get together and perform sometime. That sounded like a good idea. She'd seen the Jazz artist a few times, and she'd seen the guitarist once or twice on her various travels throughout Equestria, but then again, there wasn't much she hadn't seen. Wandering musicians were a common thing on the road, and she had come to appreciate them, since they usually had it hard. She watched as the ponies chatted, sitting back and waiting her turn, rolling a small bag of bits around on the ground between her hooves. Her indigo wings ached from all the flying she had done, but it was all part of her job.

• Like 1

(Well that made me feel bad XD haha if that was intended to be about the friends among coffee rp)

Light smiled at Black. He looked over at the other ponies that were near him as Black started talking to them. He smiled as Back started asking them questions. He then noticed another pegasus that was sitting on the ground a little bit back. He then waved at the ponies that were around them and meant for the wave to tell them he would be right back. He saw that since he finished playing most of the ponies had moved on and left the stage. He trotted along with ease towards the pegasus. He sat next to her and said,[colour=#0000ff] "Well hello! Why are you just sitting here?"[/colour] He took a quick glance at the ponies he first met and then he looked back at the pegasus.[colour=#0000ff] "What's your name? I'm Light Harmony!"[/colour] He smiled a warm and friendly smile at her.

Starbuster stood as the musician approached, informing her of his name. [colour=#4b0082]"My name's Starbuster, but many call me Star. I know who you are. I know practically everyone."[/colour] she said, smiling warmly. She rolled the bag of bits to him. [colour=#4b0082]"Here, take these, for your beautiful contributions. I've always been a fan of musicians, and i deeply appreciate what you do."[/colour] She said, smiling. [colour=#4b0082]"I was just sitting here enjoying your music, relaxing during my time off. I'm no musician myself, though i do love to sing. I'm not great at it though."[/colour] she said, her turquoise eyes downcast. [colour=#4b0082]"Though i do love your music, and i hope to hear more of it. Thank you for doing what you do."[/colour] Starbuster said, raising her eyes to look at him.[colour=#4b0082] "I know it may not be much, but thank you."[/colour] She smiled a small smile at him.

Acrylic Paint sighed as his sister trotted with him through the small town of Ponyville, "Did you really have to come with me to Ponyville?" He snapped as his sister grinned, "Of course I did! I got a day of so I decided to spend it with my baby brother!" She said grinning as she trotted with the stance as any Royal Gaurd pony would hold, seeing as to how Acrylic's older sister, War Paint was a Royal Gaurd pony. But outside of her armor War Paint looked just like any other normal mare her age, save the royal gaurd cutie mark, Acrylic sighed roughly annoyed by this.

It wasn't that he hated his sister, because he didn't, it was just that he liked to work alone and with someone watching him paint would only make him feel insecure about his painting.

The two siblings from Canterlot went on their way until they had heard some music. Acrylic being a lover of any form of art decided to go see what was going on.

• Like 1

Light's eyes lit up when Star said she knew who he was. He smiled at her and he picked up the bag of bits. He trotted over and out the bag in his cello case. He walked back over to Star and said, "Thank you so much! But you didn't have to give me those bits.". He smiled a warm smile at her. Even he though deep down he preferred getting bits for playing, the real reason he played these random little shows was for his fellow ponies to enjoy it. "Free time off? What do you do here?". He then looked back at the other three ponies he met before. He saw them and then he looked back at Star. But while he was looking at Star he noticed two ponies trotting down the street. One was a mare and one was a stallion. He noticed the mare was bigger than the stallion. But he had no idea who they were. He had never seen them before. He wanted to see if they would come closer. He waited with Star, smiling at her.

Starbuster smiled as she heard him ask about her occupation. [colour=#4b0082]"Well, I actually work in Cloudsdale. I'm a nighttime guide. I guide ponies throughout Equestria during the night hours, and commonly go out to find lost ponies. Ponies get lost all too often, usually fillies and colts. I know ninety percent of the Equestrian Royal Guard, seeing as how i'm the pony who's in and out of Canterlot the most, so many ponies recognize me on sight."[/colour] She looked towards the ponies he was looking at.[colour=#4b0082] "In fact, those two look awful familiar. I'm pretty sure one of them is A Royal Guard. Could just be my imagination though."[/colour] She said, giggling slightly.

War Paint over hearing the two other ponies talk about her gasped. "Oh no! I've been found out!" She shouted and hid behind her brother, which didn't really do much considering the fact that she was much bigger than he is. Acrylic sighed roughly as his sister hid behind him, "You have a cutie mark that shows that you're in the Royal Gaurd moron..." He says as his sister blinked then said "oh..." then trotted out from behind her brother. Acrylic and War Paint made their over as they heard one of them ask about War Paint's free time and what they did.

"I don't do much, it's Acrylic who's the one who does the work. He wanted to come here to get a painting of the animals in the EverFree forest. I just tagged along~!" War Paint said grinning as Acrylic face hoofed. The way she was acting now, was not the way she'd act back in Canterlot, it was a bit exasperating how she would just let loose like this.

Light smiled at Star as she told him about her job, [colour=#0000ff]"Well that sounds like a fun job!"[/colour] He chuckled a bit and then looked back at the two ponies again. He looked back at Star and said,[colour=#0000ff] "98%?! Wow! That's amazing! I myself know pretty much...nopony in the royal guard."[/colour] He held his head down a little bit. Then he picked it back up. He noticed the ponies walk over to them. He heard the taller one say something about a Acrylic. Light smiled and said, [colour=#0000ff]"Acrylic? I'm guessing that is you?"[/colour] Light then looked over at Acrylic and smiled. "[colour=#0000ff]And painting animals in the EverFree forest you say? Well I myself keep my distance from that forest." [/colour] Light shuddered and he shook face. His mane fell on part of his face and he used his hoof to push it out of his face. He put his mane back in the right place and then shuddered again at the thought of that forest. He shook off the feelings of the forest and looked back at Acrylic. He looked at the tall mare and said, [colour=#0000ff]"And you are?" [/colour] He smiled at her.

"Yes, that's my name." Acrylic said to LIght and then Light spoke about the EverFree forest and the animals. "I've been there a few times, I've had a couple of close calls but I want to get this painting just right. So it's worth it." War Paint mostly looked around until Light questioned who she was. "Oh? Me?" She asked then she said grinning "I am, War Paint! Member of the Royal Gaurd!" She said in her loud booming gaurd voice.

• Like 1

Light stood by and listened to what Acrylic said. Light smiled at him and said, [colour=#0000ff]"Oh you're a painter? Well that's awesome! I myself can not paint anything at all!" [/colour] He chuckled a bit and then stopped chuckling when he heard War Paint start answering his question. Light acknowledged that she was a member of the royal guard, and he respected that, but did she have to say it so loudly he wondered. He then made a small bow to her and said, [colour=#0000ff]"Thank you for your service miss War Paint. It must be hard being in the royal guard."[/colour] He then started to remember his childhood growing up in Canterlot. He remembered seeing the guards do their drills and what not. He always thought it looked like fun to be a royal guard. He then spoke up and accidentily screamed a bit,[colour=#0000ff] "Do you know the Princess?!" [/colour] His eyes were wide as looked at her.

Acrylic smiled "Thank you." he said as War Paint jumped in "My little brother is actually the royal palace painter!" She announced happily as Acrylic flushed "War!" he hissed not wanting her to go around proclaiming such things. Then War Paint grinned bigger when Light thanked her for her service. "Ah, it's no problem at all!" War Paint said trotting over and rubbing her hoof on Light's head messing up his mane. Then she laughed when he screamed his question about the princess.

"Who?" She asked and then blinked "Oh you mean Tia! Yeah I do!" War Paint said grinning "But we don't speak often, I'm usually busy training new recruits." War Paint explained "Or bursting into my studio and scaring the life out of me." Acrylic mumbled

Light smiled at Acrylic and said,[colour=#0000ff] "Royal Palace painter huh? Well isn't that fancy." [/colour] He laughed a bit and then took a step back when War started talking. He noticed she grinned when he thanked her but then she did something that Light despised. After she stopped messing with his mane he felt like a little colt that got a noogie or something. He then shook his head and tried to put his mane back into the way he had it. He looked at War and said,[colour=#0000ff] "Please. Please. Don't" [/colour] Light then shook his head again and moved his mane around. [colour=#0000ff]"Don't do that again."[/colour] He had a feeling that this War Paint mare seemed to like herself alot.

When she said Tia instead of Celsetia Light stopped looking at her. He looked down at himself and thought, 'She must be in close with the Princess.' Light figured that War thought fancy of herself. He shook of the feeling and looked back at Star. She was sitting there. He couldn't believe how many ponies he had met today. He smiled at Acrylic and War Paint and laughed a bit. Even though he had no idea what they said because he was looking at Star.

(I see you got an RP that i was invited to but almost forgot about due to Hearts and hooves day going by so fast. It'd be a shame if...SOMEPONY WERE TO STOP TIME!)

Time Spinner sat on his usual bench. He drinking a cup of Coffee (Time got an upgrade from orange juice!) and reading about some knight saving a maiden.

[colour=#696969]"I doubt he can even use a sword let alone save a princess with one." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said sipping his coffee. [/colour]

[colour=#000000](Can someone tell me where everypony is so Time can join the fray?)[/colour]