:) ((This topic is open for any pony to join)) :)

When you hear of a pony named War Paint what do you think of? Strong, dangerous, unapproachable, doesn’t take nothing from anypony?

Well that was War Paint, when she had the armor of the royal guard on, but when it was off and she was outside of Canterlot or with her family she was a completely different pony, goofy, fun loving, friendly, and a bit air headed.

However the armor covers up more than just her skin in War Paint’s life, it even covers up her true self. The Staff Sergeant War Paint ran the show when it came to War Paint’s life. However like anypony War Paint wanted her own special somepony. But that was hard to do when she spent more of her time scaring the life out of any stallion that came within fifty feet of her.

So now that War Paint had the day off, she was at home sulking, Hearts and Hooves day had passed a while ago and War Paint spent it like she did every year, yelling at the recruits to stop making eyes at the local mares and making them run for twenty miles afterwards just for thinking about them.

And so here the great and almighty War Paint was at home, sulking and complaining to Shellac one of her few mare friends and in law.

“I’ll die an old mare if this keeps up.” War Paint groaned burying her face in the pillows on her bed as Shellac smiled softly and patted War Paint on the back. “War, getting married isn’t everything, you should be proud you’re one of the few mares in the armed forces.” Shellac said as War Paint turned around and glared at her harshly, “Easy for you to say you’re married to my cousin Lacquer.” She snapped as Shellac sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Look you can’t stay inside all day, maybe you should go outside and do something, maybe it would get your mind off of this love sickness you’ve been having.” Shellac suggested as War Paint sighed roughly knowing she was right. “Fine.” She said annoyed, sounding much like her younger brother Acrylic at the moment.

Getting up and getting ready after Shellac left the room War Paint sighed softly. Before heading out of the door of the Paint family house, trotting down the street War Paint took in the sights and sounds of the city that she daily taught soldiers to protect. Needless to say her mind was quickly taken off her pervious problem and her heart filled with pride for her job.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkness lay in the shadows under a great oak by the Canterlot park and sighed as he looked around, he was alone, like usual, he looked around and noticed a few couples and sighed, "Look at them...so happy," he closed his eyes, making him nearly inviable, beside his red mane and tail, he was..after all...he was a pitch black pegasus

Flashbomb sat in Angel snapp's house he listened to his music and hummed to himself. He looked to the ceiling and thought about his recent activities that he was involved in (other rp's) He got up and walked over to his Osprey's Cage. He called him Rivet because of the Riveted feathers he had on his head. "I think its time to go Visit some other ponies and helo them out with this and that." He said to Rivet. The Osprey responded with a small cooing sound. Flashbomb opened the cage and the bird flew onto his back. He grabbed his saddlebags and trotted out the door with his headphones around his neck.

Trotting through Canterlot with her mind off of pervious... things, War Paint looked at the ponies and smiled happily, until she saw couples reminding her of what she was upset about. Sighing then shaking her head she noticed a pony lying under an oak in the park. Looking over quiestionably wondering if the pony was okay War Paint found herself just standing there.

He slowly opened his eyes, not sure why, and saw her...she was kind of cute...he sighed as he looked down sadly and closed his eyes, letting a small tear break from hie eye as he sighed and buried his face in his crossed hooves, trying not to cry.

Curiously, War Paint walked over to this pony. Once over she leaned down and tilted her head to the side. "What is the matter citizen?" She asked speaking in her royal gaurd speech pattern out of habit.

He looked up, "I..It's nothing," he said looking just to her left, unable to make eyes contact...she was a amre...talking to him, "he looked down, "saddly its nothing you can help me with, plus its not like you would understand," he looked up, "n..no offense of course," he stammered quickly, "It..it's just a mare with yo..your..bea...attractiveness, and ra..rank must be de..desired."

War Paint flushed lightly for a moment and then flinched when the pony meantioned that she must be desired by other ponies. She gritted her teeth for a moment and then dug her hoof into the ground. "Not quite the case, it's actually the opposite." She mumbled looking away.

It was true, War Paint's rank seemed to drive stallions away quite quickly, the moment any pony heard she was in the gaurd they freaked out and didn't act like they did before they knew around her. This not only helped ruin War Paint's chances at love but she also suffered a large lack of friends as well.

He looked down, "O..oh...I'm sorry," he sighed, "Seems I can never do anything right" he said solemly, "I..I guess I..I'll leave," he closed his eeys, fighting back more tears, "N..no point in staying, I'm a monster!" he turned to eave, readying his wings for take off, he was an excellent, good enough for wonderbolt material...but he would never join them, he was fearful of the mockery he might receive.

War Paint sighed and grabbed the stallion's tail with her magic. "It's fine, you didn't know." She said then turning to him and eyeing them. "What's this about being a monster?" She questioned bringing her face close to his.

He froze up, she was so close! he stumbled back a bit, "I..It's just...looo.look at me, i..i'm a monster...it..its what my pa..parents sa..said," he looked down, "th..that i..im a monster and do..don't belong!"

War Paint raised an eyebrow, he looked like a normal black pony to her. "Meh, I don't see it. You look normal to me." She said slowly losing her gaurd speech pattern. War Paint circled around the pony trying to figure out what he meant. "Of course I'm not one that could really judge whether somepony was normal or not." War Paint mumbled to herself.

War Paint tilted her head to the side, she had never in her life heard of somepony doing that. Of course most every pony in her family was a unicorn except for Shellac, but she was married into the family. "Well I don't think you're a freak." War Paint

War Paint flushed slightly "I guess I get what you mean, ever since I've joined the gaurd I've spent Hearts and Hooves day yelling at recruits and then running them around 'to get their minds off of those mares'." War Paint said with a rough sigh as she sat down as well.

"And ever since I was a filly all of the colts in my class were frightened of me as well. Of course that makes sense I mean after all I did beat most of them up for making fun of my little brother. But still it doesn't feel good to a little filly when she's trying to talk to her crush as he cowers in the corner of the class room." War Paint said and then she blew some of her mane out of her face.

Applejack was trotting through Ponyville, her work at the farm finished. She saw Flashbomb leaving his house, and she smiled. "Flash!" She called as she went over to him, pulling him into a hug.

Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Forte Fermata, a dark green pegasus stallion with a messy brown mane, and the first chair trombonist for the Canterlot Brass Band, was walking through the park. The couples were still out in the wake of Hearts and Hooves day. He noticed a particular pair of ponies under a tree.

Flashbmb was surprised whenApplejack came upto him [colour=#0000FF]"Hey! i thought you were working at the farm today! i was just going to come visit you!"[/colour] He said with a smile as he hugged her. He and Applejack had been togeher ever since Hearts and Hooves day it started out with being special someponies but since then it seemed like more.[colour=#0000FF] "So how have you been?"[/colour] He asked as They released the hug.

"Ah've been good. Big Mac decided to get up off his flank and help, so Ah finished early." Applejack laughed. Contrary to popular belief, Big Macintosh could actually be very lazy. "It seems like forever since Ah've seen you! What with you being at the Wonderbolt Academy and all." She sat down and smiled at him.

War Paint huffed a little "And don't get me started on the time that I made my out ranking officer cry and run home when I was trying to tell him I liked him." War Paint complained and sighed when she remembered the incident. The big stallion had backed up into a wall while War Paint was trying to tell him that she liked him, and he screamed for her not to hurt him and ran off.

It seems that later on, War Paint found out that he had pulled a harmless prank on her once as a dare, and that was hide her sword. To be honest War Paint didn't even notice it after all she lost things all the time. So when War Paint was chasing him down, he thought that she found out and was going to beat him up for it.

War Paint let out another sigh and dug her hoof into the grown with a scowl on her face.

"I don't know why, but it's almost natural for any pony to see me and get scared. Of course there are a few exceptions, but most of the time everypony sees this big mare in the royal gaurd that is some sort of killing machine and only thrists for blood. I have no idea where that came from! I've never hurt any pony... too much! Sure there was that one time that, I sent five stallions to the hospital, but they had to learn to keep their hooves to theirselves!" War Paint went on in her rambling rant mostly to herself.

Forte watched the two ponies by the tree, one a rather menacing unicorn mare, the other a seemingly shy pegasus stallion. They seemed to be upset about something. Whether it was a relationship problem, or something else, he didnt know. But he decided to try and help, indirectly. He sat down on a nearby bench and pulled his trombone out of his custom trombone-scabbard that was strapped to his back. He began to play, hoping the calming melody and soothing tone of the piece he had chosen would help ease the ponies minds.

Flashbomb sat down too. Rivet climbed up on his head and balanced. He chuckled at how funny he looked right now.[colour=#0000FF] "The academy was fun and all but i missed you."[/colour] He said to Applejack. [colour=#0000FF]"Sorry i havnt been able to come and visit lately."[/colour] he appologised. He looked at her. [colour=#0000FF]"I was thinking of asking you to lunch at Caterlot. If you would like to! We could catch up."[/colour] He said.

War Paint sighed and got up starting to pace, "I think I'm a pretty nice mare, don't you think so?" She questioned only pausing for a moment to recieve a reply from Darkness who went to say something but War Paint went on with her little rant. "I have no idea why I even care about this anyway. It's just been really bothering me lately. I mean why can't I have any luck in love?" She said asking the last part rather loudly.