"Hey there Rivet." Applejack said, patting the bird's head. Once Flashbomb mentioned the possibility of a date to Canterlot, she immediately jumped at the opportunity. "Ah'd love to!" She said excitedly.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashbomb smiled when she said yes. He got up and Rivet jumped back onto his back. The osprey seemed annoyed by all the constant movement. Flashbomb walked with Aplejack to the trainstation.

War Paint then sat there and sulked after her out burst of emotions, curling her short tail around her as much as she could. She sighed once more and closed her eyes. All she ever wanted was the same type of relationship that her parent's had, you know before her father died. She remembered how they'd just sit down and talk with one another about their day. This same type of ritual was done by her grandparents as well.

When growing up, every other filly that War Paint knew growing up dreamt of a large wedding where they looked like a princess. But War Paint dreamt of something different, she dreamed of warm summer evenings sitting with her special somepony and just talking.

That was all she ever wanted, it seemed simple enough to War Paint. But that seemed to be untrue.

Flashbomb glanced back at Rivet and smiled. [colour=#0000FF]"I got him when i went to the Parade up in Canterlot. I was looking for Lovinity because we got into a disagreement. I landed up on a Flagpole way above the Markeplace to get a better view point. Rivet here was flying around me and was trying to land to rest his wings. And since i stole his spot he landed on my back. I talked to him awhile and we became friends. [/colour]He explained to her. He looked forward. [colour=#0000FF]"Speaking of pets hows Winowa?"[/colour]

Forte's song was interupted by an outburst from the unicorn he was trying to cheer up. The pegasus had been silent till this point, so Forte decided to approach helping more directly. He walked up to the pair. "Um, excuse me, but I overheard your... Outburst. Is everything okay?" he asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Oh, she's just a lively as ever." Applejack said. "She can be a handful though, always runnin off to chase some critter or another. Ah wouldnt trade her for the world, though." She smiled. "You should come join us on one of our pony pet playdates! I'm sure everypony would love to meet Rivet here."

Flashbomb smiled, [colour=#0000FF]"Pet Playdate with the mane 6? How could i say no!"[/colour] Flashbomb and Applejack arived at the train station. There was a line of 5 ponies ahead of them. He dug into his bag and pulled out 40 bits. He then rememberd 5 bits for Rivet. They waited patiently.

War Paint looked up at Forte in embarrassment. "O-Oh sorry about that... I'm just getting a little overly emotional. That's all." She said with her face turning pink as Pinkie Pie's mane.

Applejack blushed. She had never really been fond of being a national celebrity. Sure, she was honored to be an Element, but she hated the attention, the looks she got whenever she went places outside of Ponyville. She leaned against Flashbomb, smiling nonetheless.

Forte extended his hoof to the mare. "Oh, it's quite alright. I'm Forte. Forte Fermata. And you are?"

In an instant of being asked War Paint, out of habit, perked up and said saluting "Staff Sergeant War Paint!" She then paused and flushed "Sorry. Old habits are hard to break." she said before sitting down once more.

Flashbomb enjoyed being with Applejack again. He leaned against her a little as well. The line moved forward there were 3 ponies left

[colour=#0000FF]"So how are the others? havnt seen much of your friends except Rainbowdash.[/colour][colour=#0000FF]"[/colour] He asked.

Darkness just listened to her and when he was finally gonna reply another stallion approached and he sighed, well there goes any shot I have, .Darkness looked down and just said "Well I like ya, your sweet, kind, and...well...cute," he closed his eyes.

"Oh, you know. Twilight's working on her spells, Rarity's workin on her dresses, Pinkie Pie's got her parties going on all the time, Fluttershy's working with Discord. And Rainbow Dash is being Rainbow Dash." Applejack laughed.

Forte was about to say something when he heard the stallion speak. "What was that?"

Flashbomb and Applejack reached the Ticket booth. [colour=#0000FF]"2 tickets to Canterlot and 1 pet ticket please." [/colour]He said to the Cashier. The pony looked at them and smiled. [colour=#FF0000]"That will be 45 bits please."[/colour] He said to Flashbomb. Flashbomb slid the bits under the window in the slot. The cashier counted them out and then slid 3 tickets to them. [colour=#FF0000]"Enjoy your trip thank you for riding with us."[/colour] He said with a nod. Flashbomb and Applejack got on the train. Flashbomb took a seat near the back of the cart with her. Rivet flew and landed next to Applejack, He nudged her and got comfortable. Flashbomb chuckled. [colour=#0000FF]"He likes you."[/colour] He quoted. The train started up. [colour=#006400]"ALL ABOARD!"[/colour] The conductor yelled, and the train started to lurch forward. The ride would take them a good 15 minutes to get up the mountain. Flashbomb leaned back slightly and smiled.

After boarding the train, Applejack patted Rivet on the head. "Well, Ah kinda like him too." She said as she leaned her head on Flashbombs shoulder. It was nice to have him back.

The train continued at a steady pace and began to incline up the hill. Flashbomb watched the Hills turn into craggy mountains. He watched trees and other things pass by. He was happy he was able to be with Applejack after all of the events that he was bothered with. Rivet had fallen asleep standing up next to Applejack and nearly fell off. Flashbomb caught him and flicked his tail with amusement. He set him down on the seat next to him and let him sleep.

War Paint froze she had heard everything Darkness had said. She just couldn't believe what she had heard though, no pony had ever said anything like that. She never knew she was such a coward because she couldn't find the will power to look behind her at the stallion.

Applejack, taking the idea from Rivet, fell asleep on Flashbombs shoulder, curling up and nuzzling into his neck. It was an unusually girly position for her, snuggled up with a stallion, but she didnt care. She sighed, content.

"Well... Perhaps thats my cue to take my leave..." Forte left the two ponies. He made his way to the train station. He had a new trombone coming in from an instrument maker in Ponyville. And whn knows, maybe he'll meet somepony interesting.

Flashbomb saw that Applejack had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He let her dose off and he pulled Rivet closer. He looked forward and watched the other ponies talking. It was common chit chat and then he heard one pony talking about the royal guard. He heard that there was a Mare who had the most fiercest attitude in the guard. she was a force to be reconed with in a fight. They also said that she had a heart as cold as stone. Flashbomb doubted the last part, Everypony had a soft spot and everypony were kind in someway. He was going to put his idea up but decided against it. He looked out the window and saw the slope had gotten steeper in the journy. The cliffs jutted up to sharp tips and had little grassy patches that adorned them here and there. He had always flown up it canterlot but he never saw the Railway path to canterlot. He felt himself grow tired, He rested his eyes and leaned against Applejack.

Forte arrived at the train station just as the train from Ponyville was pulling in. He picked up his package, then sat at the station, watching all the ponies disembark. He kept watching, when one mare in particular caught his eye. An orange mare with a cowpony hat...

Applejack and Flashbomb got off the train as it arrived in Canterlot. "Flash? Would you mind waitin here a spell? Ah have to use the little fillies room." She said, then kissed him on the cheek and trotted off.

Forte couldnt believe his luck. Applejack, the Element of Honesty, was in Canterlot! He saw her walking towards the restrooms, and decided to introduce himself after she came out. For you see, Forte Fermata was harboring a crush for a certain orange mare. He often had dreams of inviting her personally to one of his concerts, and wooing her with a spectacular solo. She would be so moved by his music, afterwards she would burst into tears and fall in love with him. Of course, he knew it would be a lot less sudden, but hey, a stallion can dream, cant he? He patiently waited a discrete distance outside the bathroom.

After Applejack finished, she walked out and began looking for Flashbomb. Suddenly, a green pegasus was walking up to her.

"Applejack! I do not believe we've met. I'm Forte Fermata, and I'm with the Canterlot Brass Band. I would like to personally invite you to come to our concert this evening."

Applejack was stunned. "Oh, um.. That would be nice, but Ah'm here with..."

Forte cut her off. "Of course, your friends can come too! We would be more than happy to accomidate you." Forte smiled at her, hoping that she would say yes.

"Okay, sure. We'd love too." She smiled back at him,

Flashbomb watched as Applejack trotted off. He looked around the Train station with Rivet on his back. He trotted over to a booth that sold Random things here and there. He spotted something that caught his eye. a Bouquet of flowers that looked lovely. He thought to himself. And decided to buy them for Applejack, They were on a date why not get her a gift? He gave the pony at the booth 10 bits and recieved the flowers. He thanked the cashier for the flowers and put them delicately into his saddlebag. He turned around and saw Applejack was talking to somepony. He trotted to her just as the pony left. He smiled, [colour=#0000FF]"Friend of yours? Kinda a bummer i couldnt say hi."[/colour] He chuckled to her. Flashbomb took out the Bouquet and gave it to her.[colour=#0000FF] "I got these for you since were on a date and all."[/colour] He smiled.