"Because he's a blank flank." Applejack said, stepping forward. She wasn't trying to sound mean, but she disapproved of lying in any capacity. Especially about something as trivial as this. Or at least it seemed trivial to her. She lived with Applebloom, so she was used to blank flanks. She herself had been one for a long time. Sure, it was weird for somepony to not get their cutiemark until their adulthood, but it wasnt unheard of.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashbomb looked at Applejack, she had just accused him of being a blank flank and he was surprised by how forward she was. He then looked over to him [colour=#008000]"Is that true?" [/colour]He asked him.

Pitch froze in absolute horror as Applejack made her assertion. She was spot-on, certainly. But... how did she know? Full-grown blank flanks are so uncommon the possibility is almost never considered.

Now, as easy as it would be to simply be respobsible and call the assertion correct, the last thing Pitch needs is another year back in Canterlot High.

"Listen, I'd love to talk about my Cutie Mark as much as the next pony, but... I really need to get going. Apples are a'waitin'! Haha..."

He attempted to trot away a little more hastily now.

Flashbomb wasnt sure but for some reason Applejack's assumption seemed right. Why would he wear a blanket to coverhis cuti mark. He flew infront of pitch. [colour=#0000FF]"Pitch.... areyou a blank flank? im not trying to be mean but. Why would you wear a blanket to cover your cutie mark? it helps tell others who you are. why would you hide it?"[/colour]

Applejack ran up and caught Pitch. "Applebloom, my sister, wears the same cover when we go out of town sometimes. It's okay if you are, its nothing to be ashamed of." She said to him, smiling.

"Ergh..."

He gave look of annoyance. No one had ever asked him about it before... he assumed he would mot be approached about it.

He sighed in defeat a few moments later, using a hoof to remove the cloth, revealing an empty, black blank flank.

"... I have no special talent. You were right." , he said with exasperation, leaving it only at that, allowing further response.

• 3 weeks later...

((Seeing as this topic hasn't been update in nearly a month, I'm assuming it's dead. However I will e optimistic and attempt to revive it.))

Setting down lightly in the market square of Canterlot, Saronyx stretched his wings and tucked them to his sides. He had just returned from a family reunion back in hometown of Maneheim, a town about the size of Ponyville located to the east of Fillydelphia, "Jetstream and Steff are on their way back to Jet's regiment in Zebrica, Torque's back in Filydelphia doing whatever it is he does there, Notestring's starting her next musical tour, and mum and Dad are still in Maneheim... And I'm back here in Canterlot... An talking to myself."

He shook his head as he walked, laughing at himself. He noticed two Guard Recruits saluting him as he walked past. Stopping, he backed up, looking at them, "What are you doing?"

One of the recruits looked confused, "Saluting a ranking officer, sir."

Saronyx sighed, shaking his head, "No you're not. You've mixed me up with somepony else."

The other recruit cocked his head, "But aren't you Commander Jetstream?"

"Noooo nonono, you're thinking of my brother. I'm Saronyx, I know I look sorta like him. The main difference is the eyes and our coat colours. He's got brown eyes, I have steel grey. His coat is a darker azure, sorta like the Air Guard ((Air Force)) blue, mine is royal blue."

"Oh..." The recruits said in near unison.

Saronyx lifted himself into the air, hovering before the recruits, assuming a face as if he was their commanding officer, and the authorative tone to go with it, "Now what do you think you're doing?! You two bed get back to your duty and not making small talk with citizens!! What would your CO ((Comanding Officer)) think if they caught you?! Back to it!!"

Both recruits, though taken aback by the militaresque behavior of the previously condescending monotone stallion, played along, saluting and shouting back, "She'd kick out hindquarters into next week sir!!"

"I thought as much!" Saronyx shouted back. Landing, he chuckled, "At ease you two. But seriously, get back to work."

They both nodded and he walked away, chuckling inwardly, "Having a brother in the military is really fun sometimes."

*I trot on over to where the colt has his stuff setup here in Canterlot and offer my hoof at him* hello there sir I'm new here and all but I just wanted to say hi as well as see if you need a helping hoof with anything here at all? *As I hold out my hoof to shake his with*

((Haha, yeah. I guess we're pretty much just going to reboot this, give everyone that needs one a fresh start.))

((also SBTheRoyalGuard, forgive my ignorance, but was your post directed to me? I just want to clarify in case you were waiting for me to respond))

((Shadow is female in this, although I have no idea where to start her at))

Shadow was just enjoying her day off. She didn't get very many of those, and even if her job was fun, there was a point eventually where she'd just get tired completely for a bit. She decided to take the time to go outside and have a short trot in the park. It would help clear her head, and work out all the kinks in her joints that she got from sitting around all week. As she walked around, her mind slowly started going inside of herself, until she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings anymore. Nothing good could come of that.