WhiteCloud

Roleplay Type: Cross-Over

Name: White Cloud

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Blue

Coat: Dark Brown

Mane/Tail: A lighter brown that his coat

Physique: He is in-shape, not flabby. He works outside all day so he is stronger than your average, everyday pony.

Residence: He lives just outside Ponyville, in the country

[colour=#282828]Cutie Mark: One blooming red rose. He received this cutie mark while under the tutelage of Mr. Greenhooves, finally finding that being a Gardner was his life long passion and dream. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]History: White Cloud's history is full of pain and sorrow. He ran away from home when he was just a colt because he had no friends and felt like his parents didn't care about him. The only people that seemed to care about him were his siblings whom he was the primary caretaker of. He wandered around Equestriat for a while doing odd jobs to make a little money to live off of. He did this for a long time until he stumbled upon Mr. Greenhooves in his greenhouse. White Cloud was so fascianted my all of the beautiful plants and flowers he saw in the greenhouse that he asked Mr. Greenhooves if he could stay and learn from him. Mr. Greenhooves was reluctant at first, but then he decided to take White Cloud on as his apprentice. White Cloud did such a good job that when Mr. Greenhooves went to become the Head Gardener of Canterlot Gardens, he chose White Cloud to take over as Head Gardener of Ponyville. During this time, White Cloud's father passes away and his mother sinks into a deep depression. White Cloud does not find out about this until he gets a visit from his sister Golden Mane. He rushes back home with her to take care of the family. While he is there, he is finally able to break his mother's depression long enough to reconcile with her just before she passes away in the night. With both parents gone, the resposibilities of the family fall squarely back onto his and Golden's shoulders. The passing of his mother is so hard on him that he decides he can't live in Canterlot anymore and puts all of his siblings, except for Golden Mane, up for adoption. The guilt of this is so heavy that he runs away from Canterlot back to his house in the country. After being there a while, he is finally able to pull himself together to resume his duties as the Head Gardener.[/colour]

Character Summary: White Cloud is a very shy and withdrawn pony. He enjoys working with plant and flowers and seeing the joy that they bring to other ponies. As Head Gardener for Ponyville, he is usually seen around tending all of the flowerbeds and shrubbery. He lives out in the country, away from Ponyville because he prefers the quiet of the country and the company of his flowers. He has a greenhouse that he uses to grow all of the flowers and other plants that he then takes and replants around Ponyville. Because of the guilt of his past, it makes him very shy and withdrawn. His hobbies include reading and working in his gardens. He also like an evening pipe as he sits by the fire and reads his books.

Hi White Cloud. Bellosh will be reviewing your app, but as Fluttershy's roleplayer I need to point something out. In the rules for the World of Equestria RP, it states that your original character can have no relationships of any kind with the cast characters. I'm going to have to ask for you to remove all references in the application about your character's relationship with Fluttershy, if you want to keep this application for the World of Equestria RP.

• Like 1

Here I am! I just want to say that you've got a good foundation for your World of Equestria character, but there are a few other things that will need to be fixed first before we can approve this app:

First, it doesn't fit the slice-of-life theme of WoE to have characters with sad backstories. Therefore, please remove all references to your OC having bad parents and no friends in his childhood. You'll also have to remove the references to the parents dying and the adopting of his siblings; death and angst are not things to be dwelled on in WoE. Your OC's certainly free to experience mild adversity in his history, but it shouldn't be used as a cheap ploy to make him appear sympathetic. In WoE, your OC's strength should be his unique personality, not his tragedies.

You'll also have to expand on your OC's cutie mark moment. What exact circumstance led White Cloud to earn his CM? Remember that this moment shows an extremely valuable insight into who your character really is.

About his occupation, I'm going to have to say that White Cloud can't be a Head Gardener. That would suggest a prior relationship with a canon character (Mayor Mare in this instance), and you haven't obtained permission to establish a link between White Cloud and the Mayor. If you want your OC to be a gardener, you can't make him out to be an "exclusive" one by any means.

While we don't automatically ban OCs from living in Ponyville, may I suggest that your character live in a different place? Equestria is a big country with many settlements, and we heartily encourager users to place their characters in cities other in Ponyville in order to populate the other sections of the WoE forums. ^_^

Finally, I ask that you expand more on White Cloud's personality. What things does he like to do other than gardening, and why? What types of ponies does he like and dislike? What qualities enable your OC to be friendable to other ponies? What silly quirks does your character have? WoE is all about having your pony make friends, and that'll be very hard for you to do when he's both very shy AND has little other personality details for other RPers to reference.

By following my recommendations, this app will be will on its way to approval. :)

Ok, then I have to unfortunately remove White Cloud as a candidate. This is an OC that I have already established via my fanfic, and his backstory is what makes him who he is. If I remove those parts, he is going to become somepony completely different. I was hoping to find a place for him here, but it looks like this is not the case. Once I create a new OC then I will reapply. But until then, I guess White Cloud is off the table. Thank you for your time.

Before I have this thread archived, would you consider changing this app's RP Type from WoE to Crossovers? Over at CO, you'll be free to use your character without adhering to the constraints of World of Equestria, and you won't have to make any further significant changes to this app. ;)

I can try that. BTW, when will I be able to put up another OC I have for application? I believe this newer OC will better fit the parameters of WoE.

You can have two character applications open. One WiP and one Ready.

So... Right now if you want :)