The Search for Friends

White Cloud slowly trotted into Sugar Cube Corner after a long day of working in Ponyville's gardens. The day was rather warm, and after working outside he felt that maybe a nice malt would help to cool him off. It also might help to temporarily make him a little happier. As he trotted up to the counter, he saw Mr. Cake was manning the only pony around. "One chocolate malt, please." He said as he laid 2 bits on the counter. Mr. Cake nodded and began to make the drink. White Cloud looked around and saw nopony in sight other than Mr. Cake. It must be a slow day today. After a few minutes, Mr. Cake set White Cloud's malt on the counter and scooped up the two bits. He picked up his malt and headed over to a corner booth. As he sat down, his mind began to think about how lonely he was. If only I was more assertive, then I might have some friends. Oh, why do I have to be so shy?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orange Beat, as almost everyday, was outside doing nothing. She just walked around the town while she was listening her favourite dubstep on her earphones. She listened it a hundred times but it still wasn't boring. Anyway she had other songs on her phone. [colour=#ff8c00]"We had a great day out calling my name like Ferris Bueller it's time to wrap this up, we're getting 20 percent cooler..."[/colour][colour=#363636]-she sang the song as she passed by the Sugarcube Corner. She felt something delicious smell as she passed and she wanted to find out what made it. After she had turned off the music, she put away her earphones than entered to the bakery. [/colour][colour=#ff8c00]"Hi there Mr. Cake! What have this amazing smell?"[/colour][colour=#363636]-she asked. Orange Beat visited this bakery a lots of time and they know each other very well with Mr. Cake and Mrs. Cake. Mr. Cake get out a fresh baked pastry and allowed Orange Beat to taste it. [/colour][colour=#ff8c00]"Wow! Thank you Mr. Cake! You're awsome!"[/colour][colour=#363636] Orange Beat grabbed the pastry and headed to one of the tables. She sat down and started to that delicious cake as she was still thinking about the music what she was listening. She looked around and saw that all the tables were empty except one in the corner. A stallion sat there and Orange Beat was sure about that, she had seen him before here but she didn't speak with him yet. She stood up and went to the table where he was sitting. "Umm..Hi!"-she smiled at him. [/colour][colour=#ff8c00]"I've seen you here before but we didn't speak yet and I thought It's time to get to know each other you so...can I join? Of course if you don't mind..." [/colour]

It takes White Cloud a moment to see the pony talking to him. He had been so deep in thought that he was shocked that a pony would come over and talk with him. Nopony ever talked to him. White Cloud is hesitant at first, but he quietly says, "Sure, that's fine with me."

The day was warm and the breeze slowly moved through the air. A couple clouds floated through the blue sky above ponyville. one of these in particular had had a darkblue Pegasus laying on it sleeping the day away. His name was Flashbomb, and he was finnaly getting the much needed rest after a day of working with the weather team. They had worked all morning to move, break and reform the skies so as much sunlight as possible without it being to hot to pass down onto the flowers below. The cloud drifted neat Sugarcube corner. It hung lower than the other clouds due to the extra weight. Flashbomb felt his nose tickle and he sneezed. This woke him up, he looked around to find that the cloud had gotten very close to Sugarcube corner. He smelled wonderfull scents wafting from the building. Flashbomb streched and Flapped his wings to get the blood flowing to them. He then proceeded to jump off the cloud and freefall for a moment before fanning his wings and landing softly on the ground. He trotted slowly not paying any mind to anything around him. He yawned loudly and looked into the display window. He saw many confections, as well as his own reflection. The many scars on him with the right eye being the most prominent scar. His yellow mane and orange eyes. He sighed and shook his head. He wished he didnt have all the scars he had but he guessed things just happen. He folded his wings and entered the building to buy a beverage.

As the other pony slips into the booth across from him, he hears another pony enter into the shop. Quickly glancing over he sees a pegasus enter and head over to the counter. White Cloud quickly looks back to his malt, and then looks up at the pony sitting across from him. Feeling very nervous, White Cloud quietly introduces himself, "M-My name is White Cloud."

Flying at super speed just to quench his thirst with some soda. Listening to his favorite dubstep, ( did not steal idea from orange beat) bass & snare, he saw sugar cube corner about 100 yards away. He readied his bits. At the exact time mr. Cake poured a soda and threw it in the air next to door. Suddenly a dark blue colt Pegasus with light blue streaks going through his dark blue mane and tail kicked the door open and grabbed the drink in mid-air ." Thanks Mr. Cake, your awesome!!!" He said as he threw him two bits and landed on a bar stool. He tapped his hoofs as the bass dropped. Blue streak is a cool Pegasus with swag but when no friends are around, he is an emotional wreck, that's why he always looks for new ponies to befriend. He pulled off his hoodie's hoodie and pulled up his snap back and took of his hipster glasses. Suddenly he saw three other ponies he had never seen so he went to the ponies that were about to have a conversation because he wanted to join. " mind if I join in your conversation before it starts , I don't want to interrupt anything." He said in his charasmatic voice as he stretched his wings.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well White Cloud, it's nice to meet you!"[/colour]-said Orange Beat and gave him a friendly smile. [colour=#ff8c00]"My name is Orange Beat! I live not far from here and..."[/colour] She didn't finish her sentence because she noticed a pegasus who wanted to join into their conversation. [colour=#ff8c00]"Well, I think we have enough seats..."[/colour]-she said and looked at White Cloud. [colour=#ff8c00]"...am I right? By the way, nice glasses."[/colour]-she said as she turned back to the pegasus. [colour=#ff8c00]"I didn't see a lot pony yet who weared glasses like that. Name is Orange Beat."[/colour]-she said and held her hoof to the pegasus. [colour=#ff8c00]"And this stallion next to me is White Cloud."[/colour]

"Well..." White Cloud began, "I have always loved plants and flowers. Ever since I was a foal I have loved all of the colours and smells that come from them. I quickly found that I had a real way with plants and flowers and that I loved to plant them in places where many ponies would see them. I saw the joy that my flowers could bring to them, and I wanted to continue down that road because it made me so happy to see the other ponies so happy. That is when I got my mark, a single blooming red rose. My job current job is head gardener for Ponyville. I took over when Mr. Greenhooves got offered a position in Canterlot." White Cloud motioned towards the Pegasus. "What about you? What does your mark tell us about you?"

Flashbomb had gotten his drink and sat alone at a booth. He drank the tea and yawned again. He watched the Happy group of ponies at a booth nearby. He looked out the window and watched a few of the clouds he worked with float by. He looked back to his drink and watched his reflection for a moment before sipping on it again. Mr.cake after preparing a drink for the pegasus whom flew in at great speeds. Trotted over with a plate with a slice of chocolate cake. " Here you go, Thats on the house...." He said to Flash. Flashbomb was surprised by the kindness. He noticed his wings flapped with glee. [colour=#0000FF]"Eh heh......thanks mr. cake....." [/colour]He said blushing with embarisment. He ate the cake slowly, he took another sip of his drink and watched clouds again.

White Cloud picks up the headphones, a little hesitant of what he is about to hear. He places the headphones on his ears and presses play. After a moment of listening, he removes the headphones and places them back next to the pegasus.

"It's not bad, but I prefer softer, more soothing music. I love to listen to Octavia and hear what new and exciting music she has created. I find her music so relaxing after a long day of working. I love to sit next to my fire and play her music as I read my books."

White Cloud sees a lone pegasus sitting alone, and he quietly asks Bluestreak to excuse him for a moment. White knows how it feels to be alone, and he decides to invite the Pegasus to join them.

"Hello." said White Cloud quietly. "My name is White Cloud. Would you like to join us? There is plenty of room over at our booth for you to join us." White Cloud pointed with a raised hoof to the booth that held two more ponies.

MorningDawn pulled his hood over his face, creating a shadow to hide his eyes. His earphones were plugged in and he heard nothing. He sat down in the corner and waited for Mr. Cake, " Can i get a soda please?" A couple of minutes later he comes back with a glass of soda. Morning drinks it thirstily. He's been working all day, getting the letters delivered. He's been trying to do something for some time, but he can't do it. He thinks more and more, but it doesn't help. He slowly drifts off into sleep, the dubstep soothed him. Even the heavy drops made him go to sleep.

Flashbomb was Daydreaming he hadnt heard anypony until a pony came over and introduced himself. All he caught of his name was Cloud. He glanced over to the pony and tilted his head.[colour=#0000FF]"Oh.....um sure.....if thats ok with you...." [/colour]He responded with a smile. He got up and took his cake and tea to the booth. He sat down and scootched to the window seat. Cloud sat next to him, He ate his cake and smiled at the others at the table. He was surprised how friendly the ponies of ponyville were.

Morning woke up when his sound frequency was disturbed, he opened his eyes, " Excuse me..." He looked into the pony's eyes, his blue eyes more noticeable then the dark that shaded his face. Morning chugged his soda, " So, i suppose you think I'm weird now. I fall asleep to dubstep, it soothes me." Morning took a couple of bits and put it on the table for Mr. Cake, "Well that's fine, i don't care. I need to get going." Morning got up to leave.

I wasn't judging you , I was impressed. The only dubstep I can listen to while sleeping is liquid. And besides I'm a dubstep dj , thought that you would notice that yourself ,sense , you know, you sleep to that stuff." He chuckled at the end.

( is this a personality of a pony who lives in pony vile. I thought they always so happy .)

(( PS: () means blue streak' thought, (( )) means stuff like side notes .))