[Cloudsdale] Frenzied Factory Zone (OOC Sign-Up & Planning)

:RDash:FRENZIED FACTORY ZONE: OOC THREAD :RDash:

PLOT SNYPOSIS: Spring has descended onto the land of Equestria, and with spring comes rainfall; lots and lots of rainfall. To make such a large-scale operation possible, the mares and stallions of the Royal Weather Factory in Cloudsdale work tirelessly during the spring months to create the rain storms so coveted by ponykind. It is through the efforts of these pegasi factory workers that crops are sufficiently watered and reservoirs refilled in preparation for summer.

Unfortunately this year, a major crisis has rocked the city in the clouds which could jeopardize the upcoming rainy season. Due to a sudden flu plaguing Cloudsdale, more than three-quarters of the Weather Factory’s workforce have been forced to stay at home, at precisely the time when their contributions are needed the most. If there are not enough pegasi to work the factory floor and deliver clouds on time, settlements all over Equestria could very well face crop-wrecking droughts!

To forestall this alarming chain of events, the overseers of the Weather Factory have taken the drastic measure of recruiting any winged volunteers that can be found. Heralds and newspaper bulletins serenade Equestria in the hopes that enough pegasi and other creatures able to fly to Cloudsdale can come to help operate the weather factory. It doesn’t matter where these emergency volunteers come from, just as long as the spring rings can indeed proceed on schedule. High in the turbulent skies of Cloudsdale, failure is not an option.....

--------------

SIGN-UPS: If you’d like to have your character (must be an adult) volunteer at the Weather Factory, please provide the following details:

• Name:
  • Link to App:
  • Desired Area to Volunteer At:

Available factory departments to work at include Vaporization (turning harvested water into clouds), Prism-Mixing (rainbow creation), and Transportation (shipping rain clouds). Snowflake production will not be going on in this RP, as snow is out of season (sorry Snowdrop).

If there are sections that are understaffed, I reserve the right to reassign your character to another department. While non-flying creatures typically can’t reach Cloudsdale, I’m willing to evaluate requests to insert such characters in this RP on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, I will appoint a character from each department to serve as volunteer supervisors, who’ll have the ability to manage their teams.

As for the actual goal of this Weather Factory RP, I expect only two things. Fun... and mayhem. As I expect every character involved to not have weather factory experience, I expect all of you to do your part in making cloud production a complete mess. Of course, everypony will pull through in the end... but not without obstacles to overcome first, muahahaha!!!!!

I hope that I get a good turnout for this thread. Feel free to give any suggestions as well if you think you have a cool idea. Seeing that hardly any Cloudsdale threads are out there, I urge anyone with a pegasus to sign-up for this RP!

--------------

CHARACTER LISTING:

--------------

THREAD LISTING:

--------------

POST CYCLE RULES:

• Prism Mixing Department: you may reply once 2 other characters have posted.
  • Vaporization Department: you may reply once 2 other characters have posted.
  • Transportation Department: you may reply once 2 other characters have posted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, I could put Flitter in Vaporization and have her make clouds. She likes cloud diving enough, anyway. Will that be okay with you? ;)

I got Whirligig approved forever ago, and I haven't been around much enough to use her. She's an actual worker in the Cloudsdale weather factory and has a fair bit of experience with vaporizing, though she specializes in wind streams a quick transfer won't hurt. :)

Thank you to everyone who's expressed interest so far! It might be two to three weeks though before I get this thread rolling; there are WoE cast character developments that I'm waiting on first before proceeding. :)

Thank you to everyone who's expressed interest so far! It might be two to three weeks though before I get this thread rolling; there are WoE cast character developments that I'm waiting on first before proceeding. :)

Yup! :D

Hmmm, I could put Flitter in Vaporization and have her make clouds. She likes cloud diving enough, anyway. Will that be okay with you? ;)

I don't mind her anywhere as long as she has ponies to interact with and it's interesting.

My character Snickerdoodle already works at the weather factory, in rainbows. If you need her to switch departments, or perhaps try to help manage the temp ponies, she's available. She has a very hardy constitution and would only have been out sick for a day or two before coming back in to work. :)

I don't mind her anywhere as long as she has ponies to interact with and it's interesting.

No problem; I'll probably end up removing a department or two anyway to bunch the ponies up more together. :P

Now that Stormwing's been approved, I would love to be able to use him in this RP as well, if that's okay with you. :) He can either help Derpy Hooves with harvesting, or help Cloud Chaser and Sky Sailing with transportation (wherever the need is greatest).

I'll go ahead and put Storming in Transportation, and I've also gone ahead and eliminated Harvesting from the job list in order to consolidate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm....... yeah, I can put Care Package in Transportation. I'll go ahead and reshuffle some ponies now. :)

UPDATE: LIST HAS BEEN REARRANGED.

UPDATE 2: The cast developments I spoke don't appear to be materializing soon, so I'll find other sources for volunteer supervisors.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'll give this a go.

Name: Sky Flare

Application:

Department: Can really be anywhere but preferably in Transportation.

UPDATE: Princess Luna (played by Elderflower) will now take overall command of the ponies in this RP. Colonel Pummel is now the Vaporization team leader. If you feel your pony should be one of the other two team leaders, please PM me. :)

ANOTHER UPDATE: Bramble Rose has agreed to bring in Rainbow Dash as the Transportation Team Leader. Only one more leader to go now..... :D

Name: Professor Clyde Krashkop

Profile:

Title: Lead stallion in charge of Rainbow Making

Archived