Sights and Sounds and Siren Songs Surround (Open)

SteelEagle

At Heart Healer's answer, Earth Writer nodded. He hadn't expected that answer, but upon reflection, it made perfect sense. "[colour=#8b4513]I suppose, ah, recent events have made for a lot of work for you?" [/colour]If the reply of their tour guide was in any way typical, however, not a lot of Crystal Ponies would be willing to relive those traumatic days.

As the psychologist turned her attention to the most obviously... eccentric pony among them, Earth turned his attention to the tour guide, noting what she said about the fields, and responding with his own questions. "[colour=#8b4513]How is the cropland allocated, or is it all held in common? Is the soil uniform, or are certain regions better for certain crops? Is there any tradition of fermentation?[/colour]" The last question was more personal than professional; a nice bottle of something would make a good gift for some ponies back home...

Ms. Harshwhinney was taking in all of the ongoing conversations, gleaning much knowledge from what everypony was saying and all the questions being asked. As the orange Earth mare began to formulate questions of her own, she suddenly heard the sound of galloping hooves behind her. When she heard the noise, she turned her head just in time to see....

201px-Crystal_librarian_rejuvenated_S3E1.png

[colour=#800080]"Oh deary me, am I too late to join the tour group?" [/colour]Tilly Tome asked as the elderly crystal pony came to a stop, panting hard for a few seconds. [colour=#800080]"Sorry I was late, couldn't get away from the library till now. I wanted to be a part of this tour group so I could reorient myself to all of the sights and sounds of our fair city. Many tourists visit the library and ask many questions. It is my duty as Tilly Tome, Crystal Empire Head Librarian, to have those answers! How is everypony today?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Actually, Miss Tome, I believe you're right on time," [/colour]Ms. Harshwhinney neighed. [colour=#FF8C00]"I believe we'll be starting soon."[/colour]

2zel84w.jpg

After the crystal guard expressed her wish that Col. Pummel would enjoy her impromptu tour, another crystal mare greeted him with a... warm welcome; perhaps too warmly if that eyelash batting signaled anything. That mare’s efforts would prove unfruitful though, considering that Pummel had already... well, a wife to love and cherish. At least whenever he wasn’t laden with REA work that is.

Unfortunately, the rather flexible mare did not see the colonel’s attempts to avoid eye contact with her as a hint to take. Rather, the ballerina sought to take Pummel on a personalized tour of the Artists’ District later. The aged stallion didn’t want to leave himself alone with this flirter at all, but it’d also be rude to bark in her face about the whole issue. Therefore, Pummel came up with a polite excuse that would surely make the lilac crystal pony shut her trap. [colour=#ff9900]“I’d love to take up your offer miss,” [/colour]he explained with an attempt at a unnervous smile; [colour=#ff9900]“But my wife would absolutely kill me if I visited the Artists’ District without her. Heh, she absolutely loves that sort of thing.”[/colour]

That should give the young ballerina a clear message; either that or how Col. Pummel swiftly turned his attention over to a cobalt pegasus who arrived on the scene, who indeed was not interrupting anything at all. [colour=#ff9900]“Not to worry son,”[/colour] the towering pegasus assured the younger stallion; [colour=#ff9900]“That crystal guard up there is providing a free tour of the Empire if you’re interested.”[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Silverbolt shifted on his hooves, listening to all the conversations around him. It didn't take him long to recognize the Daring Do lookalike as Pathfinder, somepony he hadn't seen since Winter Wrap Up. He shook his head ruefully at her talking a mile a minute about the Ponycracker and how it related to a Daring Do book. Turning to the colonel, he replied, "Thanks for the information. I'll gladly go on the tour with the guard and dancer. If Pathfinder...", he jerked his head in her direction, "gets a little too worked up, I'll change the subject to Winter Wrap Up. We were on the same team last time. That'll be a nice change of pace. Plus they'll learn more about our culture in return!". He finished with a smile, moving away from him towards Pathfinder and the Guard.

Pulling his trunk towards them, he spotted another Crystal Pony arrive and announce herself as Tilly Tome, the Head Librarian for the Crystal Empire. He waved his hoof and grinned, looking at the farmland surrounding him as he followed the guard on the tour. Ponies were already asking questions about the soil and the like and a unicorn was trying to learn more about Pathfinder. He chuckled, knowing full well what was going to happen. "Excuse me, Tilly Tome, how large is the library? I'm Silverbolt and I enjoy reading a good book so I figured I'd ask.", he asked the crystal earth mare, curious about it.