Shzaam [Ready]

Roleplay Type:

World of Equestria RP

Name:

Hocus Pocus, however, he occasionally prefers to be called by his stage name, Shzaam.

Sex:

Male

Older Colt

Species:

Unicorn

Eye colour:

Dark lime green

Coat:

Lavender

Mane/Tail:

His medium length mane and tail share the same colour of lime green.

His mane is usually kept up in this weird bun thingy (hard to explain, so here's a pic:

Image Currently Unavailable

) though he tends to change it often. Usually just letting it fall naturally or putting it up in a ponytail.

Physique:

He has a feminine body, rivaling that of even some mares and with a voice to match. Other than that, he is a healthy and normal weight. 

Residence:

His home lies within lower Manehatten however, he is often traveling and seldom stays home very long.

Traveling Show Pony

Cutie Mark:

A cloud matching his coat colour, outlined with dark purple with  a dark purple question mark in the center.

Resembling the art of general show magic (illusions, mystery, etc) . Also for his mind set, as he can tend to keep his head in the clouds and his ideas tend to be strange. However, this is a trait that has decreased slightly since first obtaining his cutiemark.

Image Currently Unavailable

CutieMark Story

When Shzaam was still a fairly young colt, his parents took him to Las Pegasus as there was a magic and performance festival going on. They had  been invited to perform in one of the actual establishments, as their sizable traveling show had attracted raving reviews via word of mouth last year, not to mention plenty of attention. 

Shzaam found it funny how excited he was to see an act he'd seen his folks go over a million times before, but sitting in that velvety seat, he knew it'd be more exciting than ever. The crowd was big! At least, larger than what he was used to seeing. 

He awaited eagerly for the curtains to draw. Sure enough, after awhile they did!! His father came out, devilishly handsome and mysterious as always. He greeted the audience, already drawing in applause. The first part of his act went as usual, Shzaam feeling proud of his father.

Soon enough, the time came for his lovely assistant, Shzaam's mother , to come out for the second half of the act. Little did he know that security had mistaken her for a backstage invader, and she was having troubles even re-entering! 

The auditorium grew so quite after he called for the assistant, who hadn't made her way to the stage, that the sipping of a cider could be heard, suspenseful at first but later awkward. 

Shzaam and his father locked eyes for a moment. He could feel the heart-wrenching disappointment, but had no idea of what to do. 

"Shzaam! There you are, my silly assistant! What are you doing down there?" His father called publiclly over the mic, gesturing for his son to come up. Shzaam's heart sank, nervous instantaneously rushing to his head. He sat still as a statue. "Get your flank up here, dont be shy! Isn't she precious every pony? Give her some encouragement!" Whistles and applause seemed louder than Shzaam's own thoughts as he climbed up on stage, giving a shy half-smile and meager wave. 

He looked the part and knew the routine well, but looking at everypony's faces shattered his confidence in a heartbeat. Plus, he was supposed to be a mare!! Many ponies mistook him for one anyways, seeing as he has quite the figure, but he was far from ready to play the part of one on stage!!

He'd taken his mother's place as his father's assistant before just for fun and practice, but had never actually performed before!! Not in front of other ponies!! Not at a small show and certainly never at something this big, this important!!! 

His father was swift and smooth, guiding the act as usual. Shzaam got into the flow of things much quicker than he expected, and found himself to be having the time of his life up there!!! The roaring crowd, the sounds of everyponys hoofs colliding in joy, the flowers that were thrown.. He didn't even feel stage fright at all by the end of the performance! Taking a bow alongside his father, a mark appeared at the side of his flank for every pony to see.

History:

As foal and in his early colt-hood, Shzaam often lived with his aunt and uncle, Chroma Canvas and White Noise, for a number of years. This being as his own parents couldn't find the time to manage their, at the moment, small caravan and take proper care of their child. Though the boy was more than ok with this, as he got to spend a lot of time with his cousins Bass Drop and Fresco!! This trio of unicorns were inseparable!! Always having tons of fun. Sure enough, there were times when they would fight, but it was nothing too serious to destroy the bonds of friendship they've made. And when Shzaam wasn't goofing around with his cousins, he could normally be found attempting feeble show magic. Hoping that when he's older he'd be able to travel with his parents.

Now, as for adult supervision, Poof's aunt did most of that. As White Noise's job doesn't allow him much free time. In fact, the only time the three kids got to see him was on his days off and occasionally at family dinners. And Chroma's occupation allowed her to be stationed at home, allowing her to watch over her kin.

Now, Shzaam was able to see his parents, just not very often. So he spent a great deal of time in Manehatten, even going to school there.

Eventually, his parents thought it was time for him to join the family business. This idea appealed highly to him too, he was finally able to join his parents on their quest to share their skills with everypony across Equestria!!

So from then on he lived with, the now much, much larger,  showpony caravan consisting of his parents, family, and close friends. And filled with ponies with various skill sets. Such as elemental magic or tricks and spells. "Sorcery" and "witchcraft". Actors and singers. Even lion tamers!!! Just about every form of Equestrian performing art.

However, still being fairly to the group, Shzaam just wasn't the performing type. He was a well trained magician's apprentice at the time, as he is a fast learner, and even though many ponies within the caravan believed him to be ready to perform, he refused. The colt had a major dose  of stage fright that nopony knew about until he just about cried when first put up on a stage to perform in front of a few friends. 

The sheer thought of performing infront of somepony, let alone an entire crowd, was enough to  occasionally send the child into shock. Where he would either faint or sputter complete nonsense until he could be calmed.

(Insert cutie mark story here)

However, since his first performance and obtaining his cutie mark, he has no problem performing in front of crowds.

Nowadays, Shzaam is almost always performing. Whether it be a magic act or a random act of kindness.

Character Summary:

Family

Shzaam is a cousin to siblings Bass Drop and Fresco.

Personality

Shzaam is very kind, regarding himself to be simply splendid. He's not one to take things very seriously, taking many situations lightly as if they were everyday affairs. Though he still thinks ahead and prepares. Solving problems in a slightly comical, yet useful, way.

Also, when confronted by groups of ponies, he can tend to be very social. Always trying to do his very best to meet and greet everyone.

And he's very playful, occasionally attempting to confuse ponies.

Flaws

He can act a little strange at times. Tending to drift off into his own little world and not even listen to himself talk. But still talking, nonetheless.

Usually he talks about what ever he's currently thinking about or rambling on about unlikely situations and how to overcome them.

Also, he is susceptible to go into shock when ever he's completely unprepared for something. In which case he most likely faint or start talking quickly and randomly while vaguely staying on topic.

Pets

Squiggles:

Squiggles is a bird that sends messages to ponies that are really far away. Only because it's really hard to talk to somepony when you're constantly moving across Equestria.

Shzaam uses this bird to keep in contact with his family in Manehatten and his friends who are inconveniently scattered across Equestria due to him becoming friends with just about everypony he meets.

Ok, so here's my app for Poof. (obviously)

Any and all feedback from anyone is always welcome!! :)

EDIT

:| Honestly, I forget I had app for this character already. However, I believe starswirlthebearded is the one who informed that it was closed down due to inactivity.

So I'm unsure whether or not I should have this taken down and replaced to the old app I made. But, I think that would be silly because it would look excatly like this when I'm through editing it.

Does anyone know what I should do? Well, besides overreact to this.

Oh, and on another note, there are images I shall be uploading into this app, but as you can see, I haven't yet put them up.

Hi SilverWisp!

I do remember this app when it was up before. Looks like all the required fields are filled, and I am assuming you have the owners of Bass Drop and Fresco's permission for their relationships to this character, correct?

One thing you should know, there's already an approved OC with the name "Abracadabra" on the board now. I know that 'Poof' is the nickname for him, but I thought I should mention this now.

Also, I don't think the SRP Staff will go with an "unavailable" for Residence Even a travelling pony has to call SOMEWHERE home. I'm ok with this, but I don't think it'll pass in the next phase of analysis. Same with the messager bird, I like it, SRP Staff might not.

Anyway, great start for this app! Just needs some more tweaking to get it approved!

:D:D:D

Edited by Mojo

Hi Silverswirl!

:shock:

Oh, okay...Well hello there JOJO :evil:

Ahh, this is fun, I'm having fun, we're having fun. Isn't this fun? :)

I do remember this app when it was up before. Looks like all the required fields are filled, and I am assuming you have the owners of Bass Drop and Fresco's permission for their relationships to this character, correct?

Of course!! Family ties have been approved for Bass Drop and Fresco by, respectively, MasterMustang and StarStorm. :)

One thing you should know, there's already an approved OC with the name "Abracadabra" on the board now. I know that 'Poof' is the nickname for him, but I thought I should mention this now.

Fantastic...Though, I guess I'm in the wrong for not checking for something like that. I may just change his name to Poof if I fail to think of another name.

Until then, I must think of clever magic words and / or puns!!

Also, I don't think the SRP Staff will go with an "unavailable" for Residence Even a travelling pony has to call SOMEWHERE home. I'm ok with this, but I don't think it'll pass in the next phase of analysis. Same with the messager bird, I like it, SRP Staff might not.

I can understand the residence issue, I may have his legitimate home in Manehatten then, as his mother is sister to siblings BassDrop and Fresco's mother, Chroma Canvas.

The bird however, is the issue just him having a messenger bird or is it the no name?

If it's the name, I'll think of one lickety-split.

If it's the messenger bird itself, I will reluctantly remove it in it's entirety. Or argue with SRP Helpstaff until they say their word is final or let me keep the unnamed avian. :P

Anyway, great start for this app! Just needs some more tweaking to get it approved!

:D:D:D

Let the tweaking commence!!! :)

This shouldn't take more than a few minutes as these are very minor things, save for the bird. And everyone knows that the bird, is the word.

Oh, and thank you for taking the time to assist me!!

Your friendliest friend of friendly friendships forever,

~SilverWisp

P.S.

Abracadabra

Technically....I should be able to keep his name as they aren't spelled the same...

Poof has "K" in his name, not a "C"...

Just saying...But I'll change his name anyway...

Fantastic...Though, I guess I'm in the wrong for not checking for something like that. I may just change his name to Poof if I fail to think of another name.

Until then, I must think of clever magic words and / or puns!!

Alacazam? Hocus Pocus? Sim Sala Bim? Shazam? Hocus "Poof" Pocus could work well. :)

Not sure whether or not these names would be taken either, though. :P Just thought I'd share some (not very good) ideas.

Technically....I should be able to keep his name as they aren't spelled the same...

Poof has "K" in his name, not a "C"...

Just saying...But I'll change his name anyway...

You know what? You are absolutely right! With srph Permission I'm posting here to inform you that you can indeed have your characters name be Abra -Poof-kadabra

Since it is spelled with a K instead of a C and we allow that sort of thing all the time

Black Jack BlackJack ect being examples :)

You know what? You are absolutely right! With srph Permission I'm posting here to inform you that you can indeed have your characters name be Abra -Poof-kadabra

Since it is spelled with a K instead of a C and we allow that sort of thing all the time

Black Jack BlackJack ect being examples :)

:/

Seriously? Well in that case, Abra "Poof" Kadabra it is!! :)

Any further progress on this app?

From when I first started? Yes, there has been much progress! :)

From, say, a few days / weeks ago? No, not I really. I mean, I do occasionally go over this app and edit a few typos if I notice any and things of that nature, but other than that, no. As I believe my character is ready for SRP review and/or an approval stamp!! :D

Overconfident in my character app? Why yes, I am very much so. :razz:

Hi there. :)

I really like the app and would be happy to stamp it, however, thinking it through I'm a little unsure about the nickname for the character on account of other connotations the word has aside from those associated with disappearances. Considering the slang meanings of the word and the fact that the characters is described as being effeminate it seems kind of unfortunate as a name choice, even if not the intention. I would suggest changing this name.

Hi there. :)

I really like the app and would be happy to stamp it, however, thinking it through I'm a little unsure about the nickname for the character on account of other connotations the word has aside from those associated with disappearances. Considering the slang meanings of the word and the fact that the characters is described as being effeminate it seems kind of unfortunate as a name choice, even if not the intention. I would suggest changing this name.

:| But what's wrong with "Poof"!?

-one dictionary later-

Oh...Oh!? :shock:

Inconvenient irony? I actually had no idea about that, honest! :halo:

:sniff: But, I've gotten so attached to that nickname. And by you suggest, you mean I have to, don't I?

Alright, I'll change his nick name or remove it entirely, I'll keep this marked as [Wip] until I reach a decision.

Oh, and I have a question.

For the the showpony caravan, I've yet to think of a name for it. If this app gets approved before then, and soon after I conjure up a title, would I have to have this placed back into this section for reevaluation or could I just edit in the name without any major problems?

:-| But what's wrong with "Poof"!?

-one dictionary later-

Oh...Oh!? :shock:

Inconvenient irony? I actually had no idea about that, honest! :halo:

:sniff: But, I've gotten so attached to that nickname. And by you suggest, you mean I have to, don't I?

Alright, I'll change his nick name or remove it entirely, I'll keep this marked as [Wip] until I reach a decision.

Oh, and I have a question.

For the the showpony caravan, I've yet to think of a name for it. If this app gets approved before then, and soon after I conjure up a title, would I have to have this placed back into this section for reevaluation or could I just edit in the name without any major problems?

Yeah, I guess I was just being polite. Suggest in this case means it's necessary, I think. I don't think I could in good conscience allow it. :)

And cool. Just put it back to Ready when you want it reviewed again. As I said, the app is otherwise great so it shouldn't be long before it's stamped.

As for your question, well, re-evaluation is the policy for any kind of edits. If all your doing is coming up with a name for his caravan though, that doesn't really seem like the kind of thing that would warrant so much unnecessary trouble both from you and the RP Helpers. I would suggest in that case, if all you're really doing is editing a few words, contact myself or another Senior RP Helper to review and authorize the edit when you make it, just to be entirely sure it's appropriate.