Journey around Equestria-Ponies needed! (Open to anyone and everyone!) [Planning/Interest check]

This thread has begun! The group is currently in: Canterlot

But you can still be present in: Ponyville, Dodge Junction, Stalliongrad, The Crystal Empire and Germaney.

Have you got an OC who's a wanderer, adventurer, explorer? at all? If yes, this thread might need you! So please take a minute or two to read this post.

Allow me to explain, or rather, take a look at the original post.

Original Post

Have you got an OC who's a wanderer, adventurer, explorer, or somepony who just enjoys travelling? Yes? Then would you kindly take a few minutes out of your day to read this post?

So my cartographer OC Aureate Compass was recently approved, and I had a rather interesting idea for an RP. Being a cartographer, Auri obviously has to travel around. But why go on his own? In short, here's the gist of it:

A small party is gathered, comprising of around 6 ponies (or whichever race, as the case may be)

There's an IC "meet up" thread where everyone gets to know each other and preparations for the journey are made.

Then, over multiple threads, the party travels across the land, visiting some major locations.

Eventually to trip comes full circle, and everypony parts ways.

There are different ways this could play out. On the one hand, the threads could detail the journeys between locations, and focus on the dynamics of the characters when they have to work together, potentially very far away from any form of town or city.

Alternatively the threads could simply focus on the towns and cities visited along the way, and what everypony gets up to while they're there. And then there's always the option of a mixture of the two.

So if you're interested, it'd really make my day if you could leave a reply telling me who you'd like to send along on this trip. Also, having never done anything big like this before, any organisational help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

Oh, and you can read Aureate's app here: http://www.canterlot...ureate-compass/

Now, the bad news is the group of travellers in question has been chosen. The good news however, is that more ponies are still needed for this thread, and you may even have a chance to join the traveller's group!

Y'see, we need ponies for the group to meet and interact with in each location (So it's a reasonably run-of-the-mill slice of life RP from the local's perspective). Also, a handful of ponies may be "picked up" along the way, joining the group in their travels.

So if you're interested, please reply with something along the lines of this:

OC's name:

A short summary or a link to their app would be nice!

Whether they'll be picked up by the group of not.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds awesome. I'd love to be a part of this.

But, I'm in the same boat as Derpyy and TemplarFrost. :blush:

However, getting a character I've worked so long on shouldn't take too long to get an approval stamp.

Or at least, I sure hope so. :|

Well, it's great to see there's some interest in this. Have any of you given any thought as to which way you would prefer to have this play out? (Location focused, journey focused etc)

I'd probably use my Fire Walker. Poor girl is an adventurer, but her recent RP's are more slice of life-y..She's in a spa one..And a convention in another. SHE NEEDS ADVENTURE!

So I'd toss her hat in...

We'd probably hit all the hot spots..Ponyville/Everfree.....(Could be a good starting point), and we need to visit the Crystal Empire...Along with some of the darker parts of Equestria....

My only concern is how this RP starts off and how and where everypony meets.

Everything after that should be smooth sailing. And we could plan out n the RP so that way there's more options. I think?

That way we would'nt be railroading this in the OOC, limiting where we'd be going.

But the Crystal Empire is a must!!! :D

I have several OCs in varying stages of development who, while they wouldn't join in the journey, would probably be willing 'hosts' in several locations around Equestria.

• Chibsy could give balloon-rides from Ponyville to Cloudsdale for the non-winged ponies (though I'm pretty sure the maximum capacity of the hot air balloon would be somewhere around 4 ponies, including the pilot). If this were to happen, I could probably work Whirligig in there somewhere.
  • I have a diamond dog in the works who would participate should your band of explorers wind up in her camp.
  • WIP Vanilla Latte and Stormwing could both participate in Trottingham.
  • I also have a character in the works for Dodge Junction, but that one could be a while.

So yeah, if you want me to hop in with any of the above, I'd be happy to :)

My basic idea for how everyone should meet up was something along the lines of Auri having flyers put up around Equestria asking ponies to join his expedition/journey. They meetup would probably take place in or near his shop in Canterlot.

As for locations, I like SilverWisp's idea of planning some of the locations actually in the RP. Some places I wanted to visit are as follows though:

• Stalliongrad
  • Appleloosa
  • Manehattan
  • Crystal Empire

And thank you Jane for offering up some characters to be in the areas they group visits! Personally, I think going up to Cloudsdale with Chibsy sounds like good fun. Depends what everyone else thinks though.

That sounds like a great idea, Jane!! :D

Though, what about the the non-winged creatures when the group is visiting Cloudsdale? That is, if they go there at all.

So everything sounds pretty good so far.

ponies wind up in Auri's store -> everyone becomes acquainted with one another -> journey begins in ??? and continues and finishes in ???

Am I correct?

Oh, and the character I shall be using is Poof.

Though he is liable to change.

Wisp, this is my current idea for how the threads will be laid out:

1. Intro thread: Everypony meets up etc.
  2. The party leaves Canterlot and heads to location A. When the party reaches A, they relax, unwind, explore, and so on. After a while everyone retires to wherever they're staying for the night.
  3. Party leaves A and continues the journey until they reach B. Upon reaching B, they relax, unwind, I think you get the picture :)

It's really all subject to change depending on where people want the focus of this RP. For instance, at one point I was thinking of having it that the group has limited rations and equipment as they travel from place to place. It really depends on what you guys want to experience in this RP, so I guess we'll hash that one out when we have a better idea of who'll be in this.

Hm, I've got a couple of characters that I haven't used much that could work as ponies that the group can meet at each location, Flying Brick from Stalliongrad, and Sky Sailing from Cloudsdale (Profiles in Character log)

Ok! My OC I wanted to use in this RP has been stamped and approved! :) So I'm good to go! Do I need to link his app page here?

Ok! My OC I wanted to use in this RP has been stamped and approved! :) So I'm good to go! Do I need to link his app page here?

A traveling doctor pony? I love it! :)

Go right ahead?

Any OCs in the R.E.A?

Well, he's a a young adventurer/author so he would probably travel along with the group. He personality though is 'too shy to take the first contact' but he tend to have to do so anyways because of his evil author who forces him into those situations. (BLAHAHAHA! >8D) He's really scared of conflicts and would not engage into a fight if it wasn't for his or his friends safety. May it be a real fight or even just a quarrel; he's scared of them.

Quillhart possesses a true fear of Diamonds dogs as well (includes panic) Which I think that just that fact would make up for a pretty funny RP itself if we're visiting a DDD (Diamond Dog Den).

I've already RP'ed with Fire Walker and Whirligig so I think that they are already friends with him which would facilitate his social interactions.

He also loves gems.

So to summon up:

Since Quillhart is young, shy and inexperienced compared to many other adventures, I think he wouldn't be the leader type in this group. Rather the opposite in fact. He's pretty docile and easy to push around since he's scared of being forced into an argument. Quillhart can really get things done though due to his 'a-bit-over-average strength' and quick head, even though he would probably claim that he can't. A leader who would like somepony to make something and wants to be sure that it will be done would might ask Quillhart because he would be too nice to say no and to scared to be yelled at to not do the work.

Pretty much so :)

And so the APP!

Just try not to make the group too big..I've seen so many of these RPs START REALLY big and just die a few turns into the RP...And whoever misses or is late with their posts will be fed to an Ursa Major :shifty: Or forced to work as a temp for Trixie..Whatevers crueler..

I'd vote for a start, I agree that we shouldn't get a too big group. It is easier to keep it steady on track and keep it from dying out. :P

Others may join later if we find it fitting? It is not impossible to pick up some Ponies by the road. And we might can use some characters to meet where we travel as well if they really want to join.

So, it's a yes?

Oh, yes! The idea sounds great! :D

I think that would be wonderful. There's the original group, and as they travel, they either recruit other ponies to join or make friends with ponies along the way. So that way, this shouldn't get out of hand. Or at least, I hope not. :-|

Should there be a posting order, just to be safe?

Also, we can't really even start this without a few of us getting our characters approved. Can't RP with unapproved OC's. :sleep:

And who knows how long we'll have to wait!?