The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Carmus followed Spitfire along. Her disbelief at Canterlot's appearance was understandable. It was a wreck.

The Commander could only hope that they were quick enough. The would couldn't end now, not like this.

(Can't think of much else)

(Ok im gonna end it, One more post then it will be the last one. Stick with me for one last ending pwease! :( )

Spitfire Ran through the Streets as it all came apart. Ponies Screamed in utter fear as their once proud city fell, Years of Reconstruction lost to the blasts. Spitfire dodged left and right as pieces of buildings fell. She felt a Flash of Flame hit her singing her fur and Mane. She kept running through the pain. She Saw a few Raptors helping a group of Civillians along to evac raptor transports. The entered and began to take off when debris hit it. It spun around and exploaded not far from where it landed. She cursed and kept running.

The beacon was in sight now. It flashed and flared as it struggled to Keep itself powered. And noneother than Twilight Sparkle was there trying to fix it all. She turned around, desperate tears rolled from her face. [colour=#800080]"I cant do anything! Its all In shambles! I should have done more!" [/colour]She cried. Spitfire ran up to her panting hard, she was beaten up but still able to move. She loked around for Time but didnt see him anywhere. [colour=#FFD700]"[/colour][colour=#FFD700]What are we to do Twilight!? We cant let it all Be for nothing!" [/colour]She shouted. Twilight shook her head, she turned around facing the failing beacon yet again. She casted spell after spell on it with no Results. She began to hyperventilate. [colour=#800080]"I DONT KNOW OK!? WE ARE ALL GOING.......I CANT DO ANYTHING!" [/colour]She shouted. Spitfire's mind raced as she tried to think. She thought that there could have been a better solution than what she had in the back of her mind. She thought there would be more ponies to bolster the shield, something to help it so it would hold it all back. She turned to Carmus, [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus.....I just dont know what to do now......All i can think of is Life." [/colour]She said to him. Twilight looked to her with her frantic tears pouring from her. The building shook again as another blast from Xelon Glassed the world around them. The Shield deactivated for a moment Burning them with Emmense heat before it Flared back on. It wouldnt hold. [colour=#800080]"Your not saying....." [/colour]She said to her. Spitfire looked to her with a Unhopefull look. [colour=#FFD700]"There is no other way. Life brought the shield up, it will bolster it to Protect us all." [/colour]She said.

Twilight shook her head again, [colour=#800080]"ARE YOU INSANE!? YOU FELL TO MAKE THIS SHIELD WORK! YOU DIED AND IT TOOK TIME, CARMUS AND LIESHA TO BRING YOU BACK! YOUR WILLING TO THROW IT ALL AWAY FOR NOTHING!? CARMUS AND THE OTHERS WILL DIE ALONG WITH YOU! WHAT ABOUT THEM!" [/colour]She demanded.

Spitfire began to cry now. [colour=#FFD700]"I know that Twilight! But if we dont try we all die anyway! Two thirds of the pony population is gone by now! Everything around us is gone Twilight! The gryphons, the Dimond dogs, the hydras, Everything is gone besides this small area under the shield! WE HAVE TO TRY!" [/colour]She shouted. The world rocked again as a large tower smashed the ground nearby them. The shield flashed as its last power surge took hold. [colour=#800080]"Fine........I cant stop you...." [/colour]She said.

Spitfire kept her gaze for a few moments. [colour=#FFD700]"How much life force will it need to Keep up?" [/colour]She asked.

[colour=#800080]"With all of it.......2......" [/colour]Twilight mumbled.

Just then the room grew bright. An etheral pony Apeared out of thin air. Spitfire looked to it with shock, What was it doing here? Before she could ask it spoke in a faint tone. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Do not be alarmed, i bear a message from The guardians of Caelum.....The halls grow heavy with many souls, the world burns around you. This is a large Sacrifice that you are willing to take. I bring you one item.....a stone that will split your soul essence from Time, Shimmer, and The Demon." [/colour]He said as he held the rock out. it Glew brightly, Spitfire took it and held onto it. She looked up to the Etheral pony again. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Make your choice, For there is no turning back after it has been made." [/colour]It said before it faded away.

Spitfire looked to Carmus, the world shook again. Xelon had finnaly fully errupted, the blast was coming in. [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus....i dont want to ask you to do this if you dont want to...... its your Life essence.....Our children.....Vel....Flash.....I just dont know.....Its your choice....." [/colour]She said to him. She looked at him for a few moments. She awaited his responce.

[colour=#696969]"Now wait just a minute there, what of me and Deity? If you separate us we can take the fall." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time Spinner stepped up to say.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Time, Sundial is dead, if he takes us, Time itself will be destroyed and you and I cannot be separated. We can't make the sacrifice but we can continue the legacy. If we were...to lock it up, we just need to be separate." [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity told him, his horn charged up. Time sighed as he looked back at his kids and sent the spell off, causing them t[/colour][colour=#000000]o be sent to the past, where he didn't know but if they could fix it, fix all of it, none of this would be needed. Alas the world did not change in the slightest. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Deity turned to Spitfire and spoke. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"I won't sit idly by while my pet just dies!?! I cannot lose another one, I just can't...I-I..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity's eyes flashed as his vision changed. He never knew why he was so attached to Time and Spitfire but not their connected or even Time's children but he knew when he saw the flash. Right in front of him was the small dark blue Pegasus with yellow eyes and a heart of gold, yet when they flashed again it was just Spitfire. The same thing happened with Time Spinner, when his eyes flashed he found his yellow alicorn daughter, with a burst of energy and a seemingly endless amount of Knowledge. Yet her heart held evil and spite. If he could cry he knew he would be but he couldn't, he knew why he was attached to them, they were what he ever wanted his children to ever become.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]A grey swirl had enveloped the children as they felt their eyes readjust and felt a magical blast as they landed on the cool green glass. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Where are we?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The pegasus asked. [/colour][colour=#00ffff]"I don't know but...maybe we could ask a police officer?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The unicorn pointed to the town a few feet away. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Let's go!" [/colour][colour=#000000]They never noticed the locks, they were now wearing rings, rings that held an image of a lock. This trinket worked in a similar way Time's pocket watch did. Even holding a guide for them, but this one was a bit more happy. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"It's nice to feel used again." [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget said to himself in his new home.[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Enough!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus shouts, his tone carrying authority with it. He turns to face Spitfire, sadness is plain in his countenance, but his tone carries resolve, as if he is at peace with what must be done, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"If this is the choice that must be made to save all of them, then this is what must be done," [/colour][colour=#000000]He places his hoof over the stone in Spitfire's, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"The boys will learn to overcome this. It saddens me that we will not be able to be with them as they grow... But they will never be truly alone."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus smiles, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"We do, what we have to do, for the greater good of the nation. This is the vow we took as soldiers, after all."[/colour]

Spitfire Glanced to Time and Diety. Diety Didnt Seem to pleased by Their choice. She felt slightly Saddened for him and Wished she could soothe Him but knew there was no way to possably calm him. She felt tears still strolling down her face as she looked at Everypony around her. [colour=#FFD700]"Thank you.....All of you......Im sorry for this choice but We have to try. If we dont we will All perish." [/colour]She said to them all. She felt herself choke up when Carmus Had given his final word. She looked down at his hooves, the stone glew brightly under them. She looked up to him and nodded. The world shook once again and the shield began to Burn away as the intense Blast overtook it. The world flashed a bright yellow as the heat flared into the area under the shield.

[colour=#800080]"YOUR OUT OF TIME! DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO NOW!" [/colour]Twilight shouted. She jumped Inbetween the other ponies besides Spitfire and Carmus. She activated a defence shield around them to protect them for whatever was to come. She then charged her spell to shoot at the beacon. Awaiting Spitfire's go.

Spitfire looked at the others as the temperatures rose, She began to feel Her Fur singe as it grew hotter and hotter. [colour=#FFD700]"Goodbye everypony." [/colour]She said. She looked to Carmus and Then to the stone, She Activated the rock and it Flashed bright blue. It then surged energy through Carmus and her. She felt A tingling Burn within her as They were Severed from The others. She felt her heart jump as it Took the shock of the dissconnection. She looked to Twilight and nodded.

Twilight charged the spell and fired it. She held the shield up and let the beacon Activate. The spell hit it and it flashed Bright green. It began to Surge energy left and right then it Flashed again, This time bright red.

Spitfire felt her Muscles tense as it began to Drain her. She gritted her teeth as the immence pain Surged through her. She leaned on Carmus for a moment before struggling to Stand on her own. She looked to Carmus through Slightly blurred Vision. [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus.....I want you to Never forget.....That i Love you.....And our Children.....You were the best decisions i have ever made in my entire.......life." [/colour]She said through tough breathing. Then she felt the Beacon Spear them both with An Incredible Burst of energy. She Cried out in pain as it Drained her even more. Her Muscles gave out and she Collapsed to her knees. Her Heart rate soared, she felt all the pain that She and Carmus shared. She Looked to him once more. Her vision now red and Blurred. She couldnt breath anymore, Visions of Their lives together rolling through her mind. The time they met at the Academy, Him proposing to her, Their wedding and the Happiness she felt when Everypony cheered, Her Training to become a Raptor and how Carmus helped her through it all. Then her visions flashed to When they stayed at Sweet apple acres, They lay on the grass cloud Watching. She had pointed several out that looked like flowers and other such things. That day was one of the best she had with him, Just the 2 of them together. She looked up to him and Landed a final kiss, she held it until her Muscles surged again. She hugged Carmus as her Last drops of Life Fell from her. She Cried out one more time before she fell to the ground on her side.[colour=#FFD700] "I love you......" [/colour] She watched Carmus for a few more moments before her eyes closed forever.

The beacon Rumbled as it Finnished Carmus and Spitfire off. It Began to Glow a gold colour. Twilight shot another spell that deactivated the draining effect. The beacon Rumbled and shot a gold beam up into the skies above. The Shield began to grow in power as the Life essence bolstered it. Time would only tell if it worked.

[colour=#000000]Time Spinner looked over the two dead ponies in front of him. His eyes streamed with Tears as he looked at them. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Don't worry..." [/colour][colour=#000000]He closed the eyes of Spitfire and Carmus. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Shimmer and I will take care of the children. Rest easy, in Caelum's halls..." [/colour][colour=#000000]He looked back to Deity who also looked saddened. He turned his attention to Twilight along with Deity and together they spoke. [/colour][colour=#8b4513]"Are you happy Twilight? Are you happy that we had to lose Carmus and Spitfire a second time? Maybe if you would have studied better we wouldn't have lost them! Why Celestia and Luna left you...[/colour][colour=#696969]Celestia...and Luna..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time fell to the ground as he finally broke down from everypony he had lost. His parents, Aqua, Echo, Gadget, Blitzy, Celestia, Luna, Spitfire, and Carmus. He lost so many of his own family. If there was anything Twilight and Time had in common it was that they both loved the princess. They were just like another set of parents to them, for Twilight when Celestia had been her mentor and for Time Spinner, when he was alone in this new time frame. Time, with no mother of his own, had found that void filled by the Princesses.[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight looked down at the Two still bodies of Spitfire and Carmus, She cried harder than she had ever done in her lifetime now. They were gone for good now, Taken by Caelum to walk among the stars with their Ancestors.

The shield Flashed and burned away, it seemed that all was lost now. Twilight heard time and Diety speak to her if she was happy now that Almost everypony was gone now. She turned her Hopeless gaze to him. [colour=#800080]"No.....No im not...... I tried.......It looks like i failed.....Now we are doomed.....Everypony is doomed......I only hope that The two you send back can change all of this.....Im sorry for all the pain........" [/colour]She whispered.

Just then a Loud Explosion Shook the world again, It threw Twilight aside like nothing And the air burned hotter than the sun. The beacon Flared and Cracked. It Rumbled hard.....Then It shot a More powerfull golden beam into the sky. With this it Regrew a new shield, this time it was Much much more stronger. The Final Blast wave Came in. The world blackedned, This was it.....It was all over....for everypony....the darkness had won.

The world Shrieked as The final Climax hit, The ground shook so hard that it tossed Everything like a ragdoll. The heat was intense, it was hard to breathe. Then silence.

An hour passed.....2 hours passed. Then the smoke and ash faded away. The air became Smoother, the darkness retreated. What was left of the Land below what used to be the Shield was Burned, Its Foliage Blackened by soot. Canterlot, Ponyville, And Cloudsdale were no more than piles of Rubble and Dissapated clouds. a light basked it all from above, A golden shield. It Glew a heavenly aroura protecting what little there was left to save.

After a while survivors.....what few Survivors Crawled from their hiding places. They looked upon their home, it was Mostly all gone. most had lost their hope all together. Then The Raptors came. A small battalion, Of 27 or so Banded together and began to search for others. They carried Injured from The scorched earth, they provided what little aid they could to them. Crackling Radio Chatter echoed across the Radio waves and Reports of Others found Sounded. Many though didnt make it.

2 Raptors dug up a small bunker not far from Ponyville, they found 2 Colts, (Flash and Vel) And one Guard who inevitably didnt make it. They helped them out and brought them to A medical area that was set up not 30 minutes ago. One walked up to them, he handed them water. [colour=#FF8C00]"Your safe now......Dont worry....it will be ok....." [/colour]He said to them. He turned away Looking at the wasteland, It wasnt ok.....But he had to keep their Morale up. He trotted off to help with Anypony who made it.

A few raptors began to search around the beacon that provided the shield above. Nothing was being found, Besides The Princess, lying forever still. They brought her to the center and covered her with a blanket. Sadness overwhealmed them all. They continued to search for anypony else. ( Dunno if time made it)

More and more survivors were found and soon the population reached 60, They all Recieving medical attention, or Searching for others.

Radio contact was attempted to reach the other settlements outside the shield but none were found, All was Quiet outside. The darkness had Succeeded On the outside, The Pony race was Dimminished to near nothing. What little hope Began to dwindle, Were they better off? Would they had been secure under the rule of Nightmare moon? Many began to question this, no awnsers had come along. The world As they knew it had ended, clensed in fire and Smoke. A new dawn was arising now, One of Uncertainty and wonder. Would they recover? Would they Rebuild?

The Academy was Gone, Wiped clean from the face of Equestria, No sign of Rainbow dash....the Wonderbolts......Gone. All that stood was the statues....Of Old war heroes. They looked over the land, Their Sacrifices all led to this. To faint existance. With no Rulers, No Leaders all seemed lost. The princesses were all gone. The royal line Vanished into thin air. The Elements Of harmony Had faded into memory. Within 1 day the survivors built a small camp on the ruins of Ponyville. They Continued to try and push on, to find others.

The world was gone.

Gone like a swipe of a card.

And they were left to pick up the pieces and rebuild. It would take years....Centuries........ Hope would slowly return.....and with that.....Happiness.....Civilization.....Help......Friendship......

Final Status:

Gadget: Desceased

Swift Blitz: Desceased

Deity: N/A

Time Spinner: Desceased

Silver Chain: N/A

Seeker: N/A

Sundial: Rubble, Alive

Pocket Watch: Rubble, Alive

Echo Forte: Rubble, Alive

Discovered: 100%

Ending: Desolate