The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Chrysalis nodded, "Commander Blackhoof, keep your squads here to hold down the fort," she said, almost warmly, to her commander, then went cold again, "And don't fail," she flapped her wings and took flight, "Darkness!" she called and a changling zipped over. He was between the normal size and Alicorn size, and had red bug wings and red eyes, and looked at her, "[colour=#ff0000]yes[/colour]" he said sternly. Chrysalis looked to Lyria, "We are awaiting the order," she then turned to Darkness, "Gather your squads, we move to capture Ponyville," he nodded and zipped off.

[colour=#800080]"ATTACK!!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria smiled, and bursted toward Ponyville in a dark purple mass of colour. [/colour]She landed, and the Nightmare's arose beside her, attacking everypony in that town. Lyria walked into Carousal Boutique, and looked at the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who must've been spending the night. [colour=#800080]"Oh Hello Cute Little Fillies... Care to join us?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"Maybe we could get our cutie marks!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Scootaloo smiled.[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]"Maybe it'd be the moon like Princess Luna's!" [/colour]Sweetie Bell squeaked happily.

[colour=#daa520]"Then let's do it girls!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Applebloom smiled, and Nightmares spread and corroded the ponies minds, and the 3 little fillies screamed in terror. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Take them to the Castle." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria ordered, and some Shadowbolts took the fillies away. [/colour]

Chrysalis landed just moments after, "Feed my Changlings, and take over this pathetic town!" she cried out as her swarm rose and charged on, Darkness stayed by her side and looked troubled.

"Darkess what worries you?" she asked "this is no time to worry!" darkness nodded, "I know, just something feels off," e said and speed off.

Carmus cursed to himself. He wasn't pleased about having to pull out. The enemy now practically had free reign over where to go. On top of that only seven other Raptors had made it out: Shrike, Anomaly, Gallium, Alkaline, Reginae and Sagebrush, aside from himself. Shimmer was there as well. Velocity and the SERS were yet to show up, and should they show up, he still only had 12 ponies to work with. You can't fight thousands with only 12. There were more SERS members in Canterlot though. Maybe that was their best bet for now. But there was still one more thing he could do. Convenient, that Anomaly should make it out, [colour=#b22222]"Anomaly, send a transmission to the Main Force. Let them know we reinforcements. Magister Squadron, Hastati, everypony! Get them back on home soil ASAP. And if you can, get a message to Arbiter Drisk and the Griffons. We might be able to convince them to help us if we face them with facts."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Anomaly nodded and began to transmit.[/colour]

/)*(\

Jet-Stream, along with Sergeant Chevron and his Flight, 01, had stayed back in Cloudsdale, but evacuated shortly after the others. But didn't go with them. They instead tailed Lyria and her army. When they arrived in Ponyville, the seven Raptors hovered high above the town, "All of you know the risks you took when you accepted the invitation to the Raptors. You know what we have to do. Vincere aut mori Conatur! (Win, or Die Trying)"

The seven Pegasi dive-bombed out of the sky. Chevron and his Flight impacted outside, detonating their charge gems and replacing them in a swift flow of movements. Chevron ordered his five troops to seek out the Element Bearers, should they be in town, and protect them with their lives, get them to safety. Chevron himself stayed in town, seeking a fight with only one: Chrysalis.

Jet-Stream on the other hand, shot through the ceiling of the Boutique, impacting directly onto Lyria. Shortly after he did one of the Raptors flew in and instantly set out on a search for Rarity.

The Commander took the air again, staying off the ground and looking at Lyria through narrowed eyes.

/)*(\

(OOC: I was going to comment with Velocity, but I can't think of anything at the moment D: )

(excelent job roleplaying the battle out guys! :) )

Flashbomb had watched Velocity burst in to protect them with his shield. He was very greatfull for his help in the matter but knew that they had to escape the bloodraged Toruge that had entered and started assulting their position. He twisted around and hit another pegasus Shadowbolt over his head. He whipped around and Charged his blades, Tougue was between them and the exit. The coms screamed with Retreat messages and the signal that Ponyville was under attack. [colour=#0000ff]"FOLLOW ME! WE GOT A TRAIN TO CATCH." [/colour]He yelled from behind his mask. He charged forward letting out a battle cry twoards Tougue. He broke through the barrier not destroying it and Rolled to dodge the shots. A few cliped him and got through his armor, Pieces fell to the ground along with his Grunts of pain. he Hit Tourge in the stomach with his Shoulder knocking him off kilter. He swung his blade at him and landed one blow. Tourge slammed Flash aside with reletive ease and Charged his weapon again. Flashbomb rolled out of the way and behind Cover, He saw his hud blink again. It seemed that his Mask developed new weapons within battle which was kind of sweet. He Activated it only to be greeted with his right hoof Gaining a blaster, 4 gems came out of his Inventory catridge, He looked at them and put 2 and 2 together. He put the gems in the blaster. It Lit up and locked into firing position. He stood up and shot a few shots at Tougue They hit their marks stunning him and Knocking him back. Flash activated his right energy stun blade and Charged again. They had engaged in Hoof to hoof Combat. Flashbomb had began to lose slightly as he was hit left and right by the tall pegasus, His mask flashed a warning for him to back off. He kept going though, if they didnt take care of Tougue thay would have slim chances of escaping the building.

Velocity watched as Flashbomb charged through his shield and engaged the hulking Raptor. Torque never was the brightest of ponies, but what he lacked in brain he made up for in serious brawn. Just nature's way of compensating you could say. Velocity was about to drop the shield and help out when Psyad used him as a step, jumping onto his back, and launching off of him and out of the now nonexistent ceiling. She leveled her rifle at Torque and fired. The shot impacted on the heavy armor, but did nothing. Psyad let out a disbelieving and upset sound, [colour=#a52a2a]"Aaah! I forgot! The gems we use for power, they also protect us from each other's weapons! Mitigates friendly fire that way. Woulda come in real handy just now if they didn't."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The shot did however prove as a distraction for Torque, who looked up at the origin of the shot and locked eyes with Psyad, who froze still. She and Torque had served in the same Flight since she signed onto Ensis Squadron, and had become fast friends out of the sheer irony between his hulking mass, and her below average size. The look of sheer murder in his red eyes struck a cord in Psyad, locking her in place.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Velocity had lowered the shield when his mask read that all nearby life signs were just them in the building. He would have joined the fight between Torque and Flashbomb, if it hadn't been for Torque's becoming distracted by Psyad proving a vital mistake.[/colour]

Lyria giggled. [colour=#800080]"Trying to stop me? Well, once I get my Angel to join me..."

"No. One. Can. Stop. Us."[/colour][colour=#000000] Lyria took off quickly, and headed towards Angel.[/colour]

Flashbomb saw the oppertunity and flew onto Torque's shoulders. He slashed his Blade into his helmet thus penetrating it and connecting a Direct line of Electricity to the brain. The pain of the Incapitating Charge made Torque yell in pain. He grabbed Flashbomb and Slammed him into the gound Below. Flashbomb felt a crak in his side and Yelled out. He flipped around only to be met with a huge hit in the face from Torque's Minigun Butt. His mask cracked and Screeched at him. Flashbomb was stunned for a moment before another blow hit him. He was knocked partialy unconciouss But still awake. He rolled out of thw way and acrivated his blade and Gauntlet blaster. He slashed Torque in the muzzle, Torque had Stepped back A few and Flash met him mid fall. Torque had landed on his back yelling in anger, Flash put the blaster on his Muzzle and went to fire A shot to Incapitate him and not to kill. But he was Knocked off By Torque once again, He had gotten up to fire his minigun at him. Flash knew that he had to move quickly or risk Serious injury. He Darted to the side and threw some Stun emitters Under Torque's Hooves. The Shock wave over took him and he yelled out in pain as the electricity brought him to his Hooves. Flashbomb Shot a stun shot at Torque hitting him square in the muzzle as was his first intention. Torque Covered his face with his front hooves and cried out once more. Flashbomb flew forward to finnish it. Toque uncovered his face to roar one more time only to meet His face with a hit from Flash's Stun blade. He fell back eyes rolling upward and onto his back Knocked out cold.

Just then, what can only be described as a bullet, shot through the window as slammed hard into a wall....it was a changling with red eyes and red big wings. It flipped around stared down Flashbomb, "No time to explain, I mean no harm, I have come to help as I will need yours," he said then turned to The other two, "Chrysalis is corrupted by a lust for love, due to Lyria, and the Changlings are being used," e explained, "if we can show Chrysalis the truth she will snap back to normal and will assist you, trust me, were not really evil!"

Jet-Stream growled as Lyria left once more. He gave chase, determined to stop, or at least slow her.

/)*(\

Velocity chuckled as Flash finished Torque off, "Well done!"

He was just about to continue trying to get them to leave when a unique looking Changeling burst through the window. Velocity growled, throwing himself into a fighting stance, "Oh you guys just don't give up!"

He was about to lunge into him when the Changeling began to explain. He stopped, obviously struggling against something not entirely himself. Velocity shook his head and stood somewhat more relaxed, but still poised for action, he scanned the Changeling, taking note of the black aura that emanated from him, "Your heart rate is fairly normal... As is everything else. I see no indications of lies," he shrugs, "Doesn't mean I believe you though."

~*~

Psyad watched in frozen disbelief as Flash finished Torque. She was about to fly over to check on him when the Changeling busted through. She was instantly knocke out of her shocked stupor, aiming her firearm at him, but restraining from shooting.

AngelSnapp had finished his hot coco and trotted back to the Barracks. Turned out everypony had basically left.. He decided to take advantage of the opportunity, He laid down in his cot and cracked open that book he was meaning to finish.

CloudDasher watched in disbelief as FlashBomb took on the huge pony. Eventually taking him down with a final shock blow. She cheered "[colour=#00ffff]Yeh! You showed him Flashy! I think that counts as like 5 ShadowBolts![/colour]" She joked. Suddenly a Changeling busted through the window and onto FlashBomb. CloudDasher was About to pounce on the Changeling but it started to explain. CloudDasher grinded her teeth. "[colour=#00ffff]Why Should we believe you? Im the best scout in the SERS, and I see what you Changelings do in the BadLands.. Im not Stupid.[/colour]" She said, Switching on her X-12 shock gloves just in case. "[colour=#00ffff]Ill gladly make you Number 33[/colour]" She said referencing her Plot kicking count.

"Wow, so hostile," he sighs and looks down, but takes a deep breath and looks up, "I mean, sure, I don't blame ya, but calm now, I swear I ain't gonna hurt ya, us changligs ain't evil, really!" he explained, "Look, we;ve been cursed, a long long time ago, by that mare on the moon, she made our Queen using an Alicorn, corrupting it with love" He looked out the window, "Yeah, love gives us power, but it is also our food source, and my mum only did this so our hive didn't die, but she has had a bit more then she can swallow," he sighed, "Like Canterlot wedding," he looked back, "Things aren't usually supposed to get out of control like this, I mean...." he sighed, "..We have been stealing love from you guys for as long as we been alive, in small groups we will take disguise and enter a city, never hurtin a single soul," he sighed, "Love stealing actually don't gotta be painful"

Flashbomb looked down at Torgue with slight sadness, He remembered how quickly the Spell could flip your emotions to Make your fieds your enemies. He was going to reply to Cloud dasher when a weight hit him on the back. He fell to the ground and felt Hooves on his back, He was to exhausted at the moment to react so he lay there with the weight on him for a couple moments to catch his breath. He heard talking, and not just any talking. it was of A changeling: he heard only partial parts but he realized that he mustve been an ally. He rolled out from the Changeling and crawled to a wall leaning against it. He coughed with the pain and Ware he had taken from the battle with Torgue. He clicked his com on to hear frantic battling from the other SERS that had heeded the call for reinforcements. He Checked the com stats and saw that everypony elses except Angel Snapp were currently online. He figured he was sleeping yet again and rolled his eyes. He watched his hud flicker and pop, He pulled the helmet off and placed it aside. He Was surprised at the fact as well that the Waves of Shadowbolt forces had stopped for the time being.

He heard the coms go off again on the helmet, [colour=#A52A2A]"THIS IS SERS OFFICER STREAMLINE! *explosion*SUSTAINING HEAV*crackle* PONYVILLE HAS GONE TO TARTERUS!!*explosion and Grunts* NEED HELP GAHHHHH!!!" [/colour]The com went silent. Everything was falling apart, Where were Celestia and luna? Flashbomb hoped that thwy had gotten away. He groaned, His side stung with great pain. He heard the others continuing to talk but he still kept to himself. He Pulled a broken pannel of armor to relieve the pressure on his ribs. He sat there in his own agony. He heard The changeling claim that Crysalis was Corrupted. He scoffed at that and looked up to the Changeling[colour=#0000FF] "Your Kind have done nothing but harm other ponies. For your own personal gain none the less."[/colour] He said to the Changeling. He groaned and coughed a bit, He evened himself and looked back up to Him [colour=#0000FF]"I honestly doubt we can trust the likes of you." [/colour]He said.

He looked away, "I should have figured as much from soldiers like you," he sighed and turned away, "So easy for you all to accept Luna, after all the damage she caused, but so hard to accept my mother," he sighed, "I guess I tried, but I shall leave you now," he looked back to Flash, "by the way, that is an internal wound, judging by the blood loss I say you hit an artery maybe, but how should I know, I'm just a corrupt monster, ain't I," with that he turned and padded off, he was gonna miss them, they could have been nice friends, oh well....

Flashbomb Coughed in a fit yet again, He felt a sudden guilt hit him like a brick. He looked back up to the changeling who Had Started to leave [colour=#0000FF]"No.....Wait! *cough* Maybe we could trust you * cough* *cough* I shouldnt be so rash.....* cough* There is no proof we could possably Trust you though......" [/colour]He groaned and leaned back again. He closed his eyes and grimmaced. Why did he have a suden trust in the changeling he would never know, maybe it was the lightheadedness. [colour=#0000FF]"I mean.....your whole kind just up and attacked along side the shadow bolts*cough* what proof do you have that you wont backstab us?" [/colour]He said. He opened his eyes, his vision was blurry, He was injured pretty severly. He closed his eyes and sighed [colour=#0000FF]"I dont know......Cloudsdale is gone......my home is gone......" [/colour]

"all the same to you, all I offer is medical help now, and I want you to help me convince my mother to calm down," he said softly as he slowly approached Flashbomb and held out his hooves slowly, "ok..I can heal, please, trust me, if I do anything 'evil' then you got other backup here to kill me on sight"

Flashbomb Opened his eyes again, He looked up to the Changeling with a weak stare, Toruge had beaten him to an inch of his life and now he was being helped by a changeling, His day was getting Better he guessed. He Couldnt so much as Take the Creature's Hoof but just to close his eyes again and nod to accept his help.

Darkness sat next to the stallion and closed his eyes, touching his horn to the pegasus's head and it glowed a lovely royal blue as it slowly encased them both. The aura surrounding Darkness soon rippled a bit and was paused into Flash, slowly working its way to the wound and beginning to heal, not too fast though, from the inside out. It took about 10 minutes to heal the wound, it wasn't 100% or complete but it got about 97% done before he pulled away from Flash and coughed up a little blood, "sorry, that's all my love can take right now," he said to him with a weak smile and panted heavily.

The two pegasi flew back to Time at his house.

[colour=#696969]"Well? What happened?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Cloudsdale is gone..."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"We...we lost cloudsdale?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"They're in Ponyville right now."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time looked down, then ran into the building. He came out with a pouch. It was yellow and was crudely sewn together. It was much larger than a normal bit pouch. He opened it up and pulled out three small necklaces with blue stones. [/colour]

[colour=#000000](Looks like this.)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Pirates-Charm.jpg[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He put one on Swift Blitz, One on Gadget, and One on himself.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I can talk to you guys through these. Make sure you give some to the others, oh and when I say so, find each and put the necklaces together." [/colour][colour=#000000]He handed Swift the pouch.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Time, What are we going to do?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"...We're going to fight back."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The two pegasi nodded at Time and flew towards the sky. Time moved inside and to the looking pool upstairs, where he could watch those wearing the stones.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The two pegasi flew into the outskirts of ponyville. They wouldn't be able to take it out themselves but they might be able to deal a decent amount of damage.[/colour]

CloudDasher watched in disbalief, FlashBimb told the changeling that maybe they could trust it. That. He was being to rash. Well CloudDasher was diffrenet "What the cud FlashBomb?! He's the enemy! Why in the name of celestia should we trust him? Have you ever been to the badlands? They call it that for a reason you know!" She felt rage fill her body. She turned to Velocity for guidence, He was the only pony she really trusted at this point. It all just was happining too fast.

Lyria looked at the pony trailing her. Nightmares swarmed him, and Lyria blasted off towards Canterlot. When she landed, black shadows swept over the city, corrupting ponies nearby. She trotted to the barracks, and walked in, shadows by her side, and Shadowbolts around her.

[colour=#800080]"Angel... Why don't you come and join us?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria smiled, her dark purple mane shimmering in the moonlight.[/colour]

Angel was deep in the book now, He had read 7 chapters in. He was at a part that was most intense. He flipped the page and shifted in his cot. He heard somepony trot back into the building. It sounded like the rest of the team were back. He kept reading though. His camera was at the side of his cot. Because, You know, Fun! He loved photography still to this day. He usally took it out when on a survallence mission. He heard a couple pony's trot in and heard lyria's voice. "Come join is angel" Angel kept his nose in the book "Join you in what babe?" He asked. He put down the book and looked over. His heart droped. ShadowBolts were surrounding her. Her mane glowed in the moonlight, Which was beautiful. "Lyria, You know I can't" He hoped out of the cot and stood there looking at her. He eyed the door. He had to escape. As much as it pained him to leave the mare he loved in this condition, It wouldent help the rest of the SERS if he got corrupted.

Flashbomb watched as the changeling drew near to him. He allowed him to place his horn on his own forehead. The Sudden shock of energy surprised him and made him jump, the warmpth spread throughout his body and eventually it began to calm him. He closed his eyes and let the magic take hold. He felt his muscles losten and Limber up after all the countless hours of fighting. His Mind Renewed and made Logical once more, the lightneaded ness faded and His pain dulled. It felt like an eternity of bliss had come to him in just a mere 10 minutes. Eventually the changeling doubled back and coughed having taken a blow with all the energy lost from the spell. Flashbomb opened his eyes and felt much better, He got up and shook himself. He noticed he still had the lage cut across his face that would eventually result in yet anothet scar but he didnt care. He looked to the changeling and lent him a hoof allowing him to lean on his shoulder for a short while to gain his breath. Flashbomb had heard Cloud dasher yell at him for being so arrogant at Accepting help from the enemy. Flashbomb looked at her [colour=#0000FF]"Cloud I accepted his help because i remembered what Twilight had told us our first day of Training in The SERS. ' When your back is to the wal and you have nowhere to turn, your enemy can be your greatest ally." And plus i had little choice, i was not going to make it out of here alive with being beaten by Torgue." [/colour]He said to her.

He heard the shadowbolts and the changelings that they had defeated earlier, whom were laying on the ground around them Beginning to stir. Flashbomb let the changeling stand on his own and trotted over to each inividual onw and Placed Shock Cuffs on their Hooves,Necks and Wings. He used these cuffs to detain any Lawbreaker that they had to deal with for questioning and Processing for the royal guards. The enemies tried to move to attack them once more but were caught off guard when the Cuffs and Collers shocked them back into submission with 10,000 Volts of magical energy.

CloudDasher grunted in anger. She put her helmet back on and backed away from them both. She couldent beleve it. "What ever. You do what you want Flash. But if he so much as layes a Hoof on anypony in our squad, Ill make him number 34" She said. She trotted away from the group and sat down on the floor. She took a deep breath and let it out. "Keep it cool Cloud, Keep it cool" She said to herself She looked out the window up at the moon. It was so very eery. With a purple mist everywhere. She got up and trotted back over to the two. "Ok, Ill roll with this for now, Sorry for the way I acted" She apologized to FlashBomb. She looked over at the changeling then looked away. "Here, Let me patch you up" She said to flashbomb. She unpacked the first-aid kit she had in her saddlebag and begain to clean the cut on his cheeck and bandaged it. The she steped back as he placed shock collars on the pony's on the floor.

(OOC: Sorry I'm late, my mother decided now would be a good time to do some yard work)

Jet-Stream growled as the Nightmares swarmed around him. He did his best to get rid of them, despite his blows passing through them like mist. One of them clambered onto his back, digging its materialistic hooves into the back of his neck. The Commander shook violently to dislodge him, and took into the sky, dissipating them once more. He knew that it was probably to late however, his spirit was already being assaulted by the Nightmare, his normally brown eyes becoming flecked with red, and his armor slowly changing with his spirit.

He took off with greater speed, making use of the adrenaline pumping through him to catch up to Lyria.

/)*(\

Velocity watched through narrowed eyes as the Changeling stepped over to Flashbomb and began to heal him. A little voice in his mind spoke up, [colour=#800000]"You could kill him right now you know... He's an easy target. Just a quick lunge and he'd be skewered."[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"Shut up...! I'm not going to kill anypony."[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#000000]Velocity responded mentally.[/colour]

The voice continued, undeterred however, [colour=#800000]"It'd be almost poetic. The horn on your armor is meant to be a knock off of his Queen's horn.[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"I said go away! Who are you![/colour][colour=#DAA520]?"[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"Touchy, touchy. Who am I? Simply put, I am you. The stronger side of you... The real you."[/colour]

Velocity shook his head, conveniently timed as Cloud Dasher looked to him with an irritated expression due to the course of events. He looked at the Changeling, to Flashbomb, and finally back to Cloud as he speaks, [colour=#DAA520]"You make good points. We don't really have to many options. But I don't think I'll be trusting him anytime soon. My past experiences with Changelings before today didn't leave the best impression."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He watched Cloud as she went by herself for a few short seconds before trotting back and agreeing to it, albeit begrudgingly, and bandage Flashbomb. Velocity shrugged, tapping his comm into action, sending a transmission to Shimmer, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"You guys still alive? Where are you?"[/colour]

Shimmer sounded relieved as she responded,[colour=#696969] "Yeah... Glad to see you guys are to. We evacuated, we're a fair distance above the city. I don't think anyone's noticed us up here. Where are you?"[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"We're camped in a ruins of what I think used to be a house. Cloud Dasher, Flashbomb, Sighter Psyad from Flight 04 are all here. And a Changeling, who claims to be on our side, though I have my doubts."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"You guys have a Changeling there?! Carmus'll want to see this."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The comm carried over her relaying the message to Carmus, and his reply that they'd be there as soon as possible.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Well, you heard him. We're on our way."[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"Good... Hey, Shimmer, how many of us are left?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Counting you guys? I'd say only 12, or 13 with that Changeling. The rest of the Raptors and SERS were overtaken. Luckily, we have Anomaly with us. He sent a message back to HQ. The rest of the Raptors, and if we're lucky, Arbiter Drisk and his Griffons should be here in a few days. It sounds a little hopeless, but it's the best we can do. Commander Jet-Stream, Sergeant Chevron (OOC: SeeWhatIDidThere?) and Flight 01 aren't with us. They chased after the Pony controlling the Shadowbolts... And... I'm not sure about this, but... I think it's Lyria."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Velocity responded with surprise at first. Then passed on the message his companions, ending with, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"... Shimmer and the rest of the Raptors still in the city are on their way here."[/colour]