The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

CloudDasher crept slowly forward. They had come to a ally way in between two buildings. It was pretty secure. At the end was a intersection that only lead to the right. Cloud carefully poked her head out and saw a shadowbolt leaning on the wall at the end of the alley. She slowly moved back "[colour=#40e0d0]Theres one.[/colour]" She said. CloudDasher looked back at Psyad. "[colour=#00ffff]I can take him easy, I just dont know if there are more.[/colour]" She turned back to the wall and poked her head around the corner again. He was still there. But Cloud couldn't see another shadowbolt. She slowly crept forward down the alley way. The sound of explosions made her jump. She quickly went back around the corner. "[colour=#00ffff]What in celestia's name was that?[/colour]" Cloud whisper yelled. She looked back down the alley to see the building eveypony was at had smoke rising from it. "[colour=#00ffff]Cud[/colour]" She said as she looked over at psyad.

AngelSnapp stood there. Accepting what was about to happen, Though he didnt like it. He didnt want to hurt Lyria, Not to mention there was no escape. Then out of no where somepony had broken in and suddenly had free'd him "[colour=#696969]So the wife treats you like this?[/colour]" Angel sighed, Partly relieved and partly annoyed. "[colour=#800000]Were not married yet Time...[/colour]" He told him. Angel looked back at Lyria.

[colour=#000000]Time gave a slick smile to Angel. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Well nice to see you too." [/colour][colour=#000000]He remembered the date that happened between himself and Angel's sister, he remembered that after saving the world him and Silver grew apart for a long time. He was also sure the date was not a pleasant one. He looked to the nightmare pony, then back to Angel. [/colour][colour=#696969]"We really should get out of here." [/colour][colour=#000000]His horn still aglow.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Swift and Gadget moved about the town, trying to not get caught by the shadowbolts and to try and contact Time Spinner. The city was under a lot of damage. It's a wonder some ponies were still alive.[/colour]

Everything was going to Cud, Thunder swift had escaped, Flashbomb's mind was now under siege, And now the explosions attracted The horde and swarm once more. The room that The squad were in Had now cleared, Revieling Flashbomb rolling on the ground in agony and Shadow bolts and Changelings landing on the roof opening's edge. They all stared down at the Turmoiled Squad below with great Satisfaction. They unfirled their wings and Dove right in, knocking Squad members down before they had the chance to react.

Flashbomb Rolled on the ground clutching his head trying everything he could to stay in control. He used tactics that the Raptors had come up with to Combat mind wipes and control. He Regained ground only to have it sapped once more. This wasnt any ordinary Shadowbolt spirit, Infact it wasnt A spirit at all. It was intense Blind Rage That Started to Override his Senses. He Rolled onto his back and it arched into the air, He cried out in agony as the last bit of Sanity and knowing right from wrong melted away. His eyes were closed in Pain as he tried so very hard to Help himself. His body droped and He choked, His eyes shot open and the Orange irises Rolled into Red ones as the spell took hold. He Felt his muscles contract as the spell took his control away from him. He watched the world Turn to red. He Felt Anger well inside of him and his body Got up. Mass chaos of a battle Ensued around him and He gritted his teeth in a snarl.

He scanned the battle to see his first target (Shimmer) He shot forward in a blind rage Fueled Charge. He slammed into her and Ran her through A wall into a new room. She Had tried to recover only to be tossed around like a ragdoll by Flashbomb. He roared in rage as he slammed her against walls, ceilings and The floor beneath them. He was going to Plunge his teeth into her heck to finnish her off during the confusion, only to Have his sanity recover slightly and Beginning to Wrestle for Control. He grabbe his Head and yelled out in pain. He bumped into the walls and flapped his wings uncontrollably. This sent him airborne and Hitting walls higher up, He opened one eye that was now flashing back and Forth Between orange and red. [colour=#0000FF]"Sh.....Shimmer! He.....Help.....Meee....AAAGHHHH!" [/colour]He cried out to her. He fell to the ground and Fell silent for a couple moments. He Started to Get up and Laughing Maniacally. [colour=#FF0000]"You cant stop ME!" [/colour]His voice rumbled but in a darker tone.

Velocity kept up his pursuit of Thunder Swift, before the corruption inside him fought back, causing him to tense and fall from the sky. He continued to fight back himself, managing to level out slightly before crashing into the ground a short distance from the building with the rest of the squad. He stumbled as he stood, pulling the mask from his face, one eye red, the other still it's normal goldenrod.

~*~

Psyad fired a shot at Thunder Swift, but missed as the sounds of the alerted Horde and Swarm distracted her. She made a very upset noise, venting her frustration at having missed. She looked back at Cloud Dasher, [colour=#a52a2a]"I'd say things are going swimmingly, wouldn't you?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She snorted and looked at the building through her scope, [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"I don't think they've noticed us yet... What do you think we should do? Continue to find a way out, or help fight?"[/colour]

~*~

Shimmer stood up slowly as Velocity took off, still slightly shaken at how her brother nearly gored her. She shook her head, reaching up to pull the mask back over her face when she was smacked into by yet another, Flashbomb this time. Taken completely off guard, she was quickly overpowered and thrown about. She felt his weight leave her and she stood up quickly, panting and bleeding from a few places. Shimmer looked at him as he shouted to her, the internal conflict occurring inside him evident. She slowly reached up, pulling the mask over her face and letting the HUD boot up. [colour=#FF0000]"You cant stop ME!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Flash shouted.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She huffed, crouching down, and readying her mask's spell, [/colour][colour=#696969]"First my brother, now you... This day just keeps getting better and better."[/colour][colour=#000000] She says sarcastically.[/colour]

~*~

[colour=#000000]The rest of the squad wasn't much better off. Reginae had been knocked unconscious by the concussion. Gallium was tackled to the ground as soon as the onslaught started. He threw his wings back, the armor on their backside electrocuting the Shadowbolt on his back. He stood up, firing a few shots into the horde, noticing with dismay as some of the attackers were Corrupted Raptors, and his shots had no effect, [/colour][colour=#a9a9a9]"Fantastic..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He muttered. Gallium glanced about quickly. Shimmer was being fought by Flash, Reginae was out cold, Psyad and Cloud Dasher were nowhere to be seen. He jumped to the side as a Changeling pounced at him, firing a shot directly into the creature's face. Anomaly had taken to the air, firing with his SMG -like weapon. Gallium flew up to him, smashing his forehooves into the head of a Shadowbolt that was coming up on his blindside.[/colour]

/)*(\

As if on cue, Jet-Stream blasted through the adjacent wall with the distinctive bass of the gem discharge. He was breathing heavily, nearly his entire being completely corrupted. The stocky (short, but build of muscle) stallion glared at Lyria, then glanced to Time and Angel, growling out, "If you two aren't corrupted... I suggest you book it out of here while I'm still on your side," He steps forward and to the side by a foot or so, "I even opened a way for you..."

(OOC: I just thought up an analogy for Psyad and Torque. You know the Big Daddies and Little Sisters from Bioshock? Imagine their relationship - and to some degree, the size comparison - is something like that.)

Flashbomb Continued to Laugh Maniacally, He Stopped only to Activate his shock Blades. He Growled and Charged headlong at Shimmer. He swipped his blades back and forth only to be deterred by Her Blocking. He spun around and Swipe his blade connecting ewith her mask. He Was still laughing Over and Over again.Eventually his onslaught was brought to a hault by his sanity once more. He yelled out in pain again and Struggled for control. [colour=#0000FF]"Shimmer its all falling......Apart!.....You need to escape with the others!!" [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Shut up weakling! You.....wont Break free!!......" [/colour][colour=#0000FF]"GAAAHHH!! TAKE ME OUT IF YOU HAVE TO!!" [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"I SAID QUIET!! ONCE I FINNISH HER, HER BROTHER WILL BE NEXT ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE!...."[/colour] Flash screamed at himself and to shimmer. He slammed into the wall again and he yelled in pain. [colour=#0000FF]"I cant hold him back! Take me out Shimmer!......s[/colour][colour=#FF0000]o [/colour][colour=#0000FF]m[/colour][colour=#FF0000]u[/colour][colour=#0000FF]c[/colour][colour=#FF0000]h.......[/colour][colour=#FF0000]RAGE!!!" [/colour]He shouted. He deployed his blades, the batteries strained with the power output He was putting on them. The blades Sent out shocks left and right as they overloaded. He let out a bloodthirsty battle cry and charged at shimmer once more. They broke through walls, Busted furnature and tossed appliances as though they were toys. He swung harder and harder, Bent on ending Shimmer in a flurry of Blows.

Shimmer was using her mask's spell sparingly, heightening her reflexes only to block the blows that would destroy her. She hopped back a little ways, as he began to argue with himself, and beg her, taking the opportunity to let her mask recharge. His striking it had caused part of it to be distorted, but apparently left the spell mainly functional. When Flashbomb bolted for her, swinging furiously, she merely kept back-peddling until her mask was charged. As soon as the notification beeped, she activated the spell. And not a second to soon. She could smell the ozone from the blades as they hovered mere centimeters from her face. She dodged to the side, slashing her blades down over his armored back, letting the electricity arc from them onto his armor and spread across, whispering, "[colour=#696969]Sorry..."[/colour]

As soon as she finished her swing she dashed out into the main room. Gallium was still protecting Anomaly, who wasn't really suited for open combat. She spotted Reginae's unconscious body, about to be set upon by a Shadowbolt charging a corruption spell. She dashed forward, slashing the Pegasus across his back and grabbing the Medical Officer, launching herself from the building. Her mask beeped to her that the reserves of magical energy were nearly depleted. Shimmer screamed at it as she dashed back into the building to gather the rest of her team. The notification stated the reserves were completely depleted, yet she still found herself moving quicker than everything else. Shimmer grabbed both Gallium and Anomaly in a single go, and dashed out once more. She coughed violently, tumbling to the ground as her mask's HUD was painted red. The world was moving normally again, and she felt strangely... hollow, inside. [colour=#000000]Her mask read minor internal injuries to her.[/colour]

Lyria growled, and sent shadowbolts at Time. Lyria growled. She took off out the window, and went up into the moons rays.

[colour=#800080]"Listen you cowards of Canterlot!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria yelled, and watched as the residents of Canterlot looked up to her. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Celestia is gone! I have trapped her away in her precious sun! Now you must listen to me!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Shadows started to take over the ponies one by one. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"And trust me. If you ponies of Equestria don't listen, I will NOT be pleasant."[/colour][colour=#000000] Lyria growled, and watched as shadows took over guards, and they became her guards of the night. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I'm going to go after a few old friends of mine.

And if they don't listen...

Let's just say we might have a few less of the population of Equestria." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria took off with a growl, and headed towards Velocity first.

Lyria landed next to Velocity on the ground, and smiled. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Are you going to join us easily?"[/colour]

CloudDasher Grunted "[colour=#00ffff]Yeh, Lets fall back for now. They may need help.[/colour]" She told Psyad. CloudDasher sprinted down the alley way and looked back as Psyad followed close behind. CloudDasher got closer and could hear struggling and fighting. She looked inside to see FlashBomb attacking Shimmer. CloudDasher tried to open the door but it was jammed for some reason. She looked back through the window to see Shimmer retrieve another two pegasi then tumble to the ground. She must have been injured. CloudDasher looked back at Psyad "[colour=#00ffff]Back up a little.[/colour]" She told her. CloudDasher took off her saddlebag and got a roll of bandages and rolled them around her Hoof. She then Smashed the window open, The bandages keeping her from cutting herself. She crawled through the now open windowframe "[colour=#00ffff]Shimmer![/colour]" CloudDasher ran over to her. CloudDasher looked at Shimmer, She couldn't tell what was wrong. She didnt have any wounds or cuts.. Her medical skills were limited to that. She put a hoof on her forehead "[colour=#00ffff]Hang in there[/colour]" She told Shimmer.

Flashbomb screamed as the energy coursed through him, He struggled to regain control when The Spirit yelled at him of His failure to Protect his friends. He Stuggled so hard to Fight of the anger only to be beat down once more by it. He stuggled to See Shimmer had pulled most of the team out besides the changeling. He Finnaly remembered who he was,and how he didnt see it before.

He slammed against the wall and struggled with his Phyche, He activated the coms, [colour=#0000FF]"Shimmer!....*cough* you gotta find Luna And the Elements...Of harmony....its the only thing i can think of that Will fix all of this!" [/colour]The rage Took over again and He charged at The changeling, He slashed at him only to Miss poorly. This spell wasnt going to stop. He was a detriment to them all. He Knew there was no way they could escape with the Horde on their Trail. He Saw something on the ground that Torgue had Dropped during his battle with him. A x467 Detonation pack, used to Blast doors and walls away with ease. He also saw a Internal combustion battery used to Power Torgue's minigun coolant tanks. He still fought with the spirit Within him [colour=#FF0000]"All will Burn! The night will last forever!" [/colour]He felt himself yell. He Coughed and Ran at the Changeling to knock him outside, He grabbed torgue and threw him out as well. He heard over the coms, A raptor who was watching the whole endeavor, [colour=#00FF00]"Leutenant Flashbomb What in the Tarterus are you doing!?" [/colour]He shouted. Flashbomb Coughed and Held his grip on his own sanity, he would lose it again soon. He grabbed the Internal combustion battery and the det pack. [colour=#0000FF]BUYING YOU TIME! [/colour]He shouted over the coms. He Cut the line of the battery and it blinked a warning, He Then armed the charge, he would have to detonate it manually because the timer had been broken. He dropped the battery and it burst, sucking in everything within a 50 foot residence. The force sucked at Him pulling him into the field, Shadowbolts and Changelings were pulled twoards the Battery screaming in Resistance. He looked over to his squad one last time, the spirits yelling at him.[colour=#0000FF] "Goodbye, Friends...." [/colour]He said over the comms. The shadowbolts and changelings were pulled in close Proximity to the charge. It clicked and He pressed the button. A loud Explosion Engulfed the building, The bright light blinding anything Watching at the moment. The air cracked and the ground below the squad's hooves rumbled. The air burned knocking Lyria and velocity of kilter. A large flame Cloud launched up into the air sending Shrapnel and Debris flying every which way. A large portion of The shadowbolts and Changelings were gone, a large crater stood where the bulding once was.

Lyria screamed, and fell back into a tree. She stood.

[colour=#800080]"C-Can I go back to my friends...?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She whispered[/colour]. A branch was stuck in her side, and she whimpered.

[colour=#ff0000]"No! You can never return!" [/colour][colour=#000000]A voice came from her shadow.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I just want them... You just cause pain to my friends..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"No! You are so far our biggest success! Now forget about your friends. Go find Luna!"[/colour][colour=#800080] [/colour][colour=#000000]They growled, and Lyria took off slowly. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Stop!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Lyria whimpered, and tried to turn back.[/colour][colour=#800080] "Please stop!" [/colour][colour=#000000]The shadows started to growl, and turned on her. The chaos the Nightmares, Shadows, and Shadowbolts stopped, and they surrounded Lyria. [/colour]

CloudDasher looked up when FlashBomb said something over the comms. CloudDasher tilted her head confused "[colour=#00ffff]Yeh we know Flashy, Now get back here[/colour]" She said to him. Sudenlly his voice changed, It was much more dark and angry. "[colour=#FF0000]All will Burn! The night will last forever[/colour]" The words entered CloudDasher ear like a sword though her heart. He was fighting the corruptness. "[colour=#00ffff]Hold on Flashy, Im coming! Just.. Hold on![/colour]" She said. "[colour=#00ffff]Where are you?![/colour]" She said starting to panic. The voice of another pony came through the mic. "[colour=#00ff00]Lieutenant Flashbomb What in the Tartarus are you doing?![/colour]" CloudDasher listened. FlashBomb shouted something trough the mic that was inaudible Then she heard him say "[colour=#0000FF]Goodbye, Friends....[/colour]" Suddenly a large explosion happened in the building across the street. CloudDasher watched in pure horror as the pony who taught her everything was blown sky high in a blaze of glory. She felt her legs trembling as she stared into the cloud of smoke that once was a building. "[colour=#00ffff]No..[/colour]" She whispered. She looked back at Psyad, Tears in her eyes. Then back at the crater. She grinded her teeth in anger. Tears ran down her cheeks. Her legs failed to support her and she fell down and her helmet rolled off. "[colour=#00ffff]This is for the record.[/colour]" She said behind her mane. "[colour=#00ffff]Im going to kill who ever started this![/colour]" She yelled.

Lyria whimpered as they crawled closer.

[colour=#ff0000]"You. Will. LISTEN!!!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]They all yelled in unison, and Lyria took off. She flew over into the moonlight, and giggled. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Okay..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She whispered, and continued on as Nightmare Lyria. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Continue on my little Nightmares! Corrupt the ponies of Equestria!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]They went back to their battles, with a fierce battle cry.[/colour]

Time looked in horror at the Shadowbolts in front of him. [colour=#696969]"Fantastic...well guess those combat spells can make themselves useful." [/colour][colour=#000000]He mumbled. His horn began to glow Green and a large green shield was brought up in front of himself. His necklace was glowing even brighter now as the events in Ponyville were going badly. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Angel...I don't know how long I can hold it. Try to find a way out." [/colour][colour=#000000]He pushed the shield forward so the shadowbolts would be thrown into the wall. He levitated a large piece of rubble and shot it over at one of their wings. The rubble, hitting the wing, made a loud and partially disgusting, cracking sound that Time half enjoyed, and half despised. He pulled the shield again to deflect the blows of the shadowbolts.[/colour]

( Imagine the shield like one of Green lantern's creations.)

Gadget was in the air with Swift Blitz as they saw the town, shadows covered it and the last thing they saw was a large, tree library, burn to the ground. They quickly turned and flew in the opposite direction. [colour=#0000cd]"Where are you Time!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget said to the necklace. The Duo flew back towards Canterlot when they heard a large explosion sound. [/colour][colour=#800080]"What was that?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Blitz said as the they flew towards the explosion. They found several other ponies there, one in which looked familiar. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Cloud Dasher...what happened?!?" [/colour]

(OOC: Gaaha I'm missing it!!)

When Lyria landed before him, asking whethe he would join them, Velocity scowled, both red and goldenrod eyes flashing as both voices spoke at once, "Never!" - YES!!"

He faintly heard the exhange of chatter through the comms before the explosion knocked both of them from their hooves. Velocity cried out as he bounce off the surface, before skidding to a stop, a few feet from Lyria. He watched as she argue with herself, and her armies surrounded her. He watched her stand, completely disregarding him an take off once more.

~*~

Shimmer coughed a few more times, cursing under her breath about needing to go back for the Changeling. Cloud Dasher and Psyad returned, and Psyad backed up at the request of Cloud Dasher, who knelt down and examined her. Shimmer was about to say she was fine, when her voice caught and he coughed, vomiting blood. She groaned, "The mask... Tells me that my injuries are-" She coughs again, spilling more blood on the floor.

Shimmer wiped the blood from her mouth, then she heard the exchange and felt the subsequent explosion.

She heard Cloud Dasher's oath to vengeance, an groaned, trying to sit up.

The cloud Buiding that once stood in shambles had been Completely Obliterated. The cloud ground where it had once stood Burned, who knew clouds could burn? A pillar from the back of the building Collapsed in on itself and Crumbled. There seemed not to be one trace of Life left In the destruction. Cloudsdale burned in the night skies, As well as ponyville. It all seemed hopeless, Forboden. Canterlot had Burst into a large scale battle, the Royal guard eventually pushed the nightmare out of its walls. Shining armor had Came to Help defend the Palace, He activated his force field to keep any enemies out. The royal guard had reformed and Started Distributing a full Retreat to Canterlot at once. There wasnt a lick of hope for the survival of Equestria.

Princess twilight paced back and Forth in her tower, she Pondered on what actions to take next. Princess luna had been taken to the depths of the Canterlot castle for her protection from the corruption. She heard the doors open behind her, She turned to see her brother had arrived. She ran to him and embraced him in a hug. [colour=#800080]"Brother! Im glad your trip Was successful! Where is Princess Cadence?" [/colour]She asked. Shining armor smiled [colour=#008080]"All is well in the crystal kingdom, the Serinity field has detered most of the nightmares much like king sombra. Im sorry i couldnt arrive earlier to help. I can only imagine the Stress your under." [/colour]He said to his sister. Twilight sighed, [colour=#800080]"Its ok Armor, Im just so surprised how Quickly things started to fall apart after Celestia had vanished." [/colour]She said. She turned away and looked out from her balcony, the skies were Ablaze with The once Proud Cloudsdale and Academy. Ponyville still popped and flashed with the Retreating SERS and Raptors. She looked back to Shining armor, [colour=#800080]"Any news on our forces? whom are out in the field? I ordered a full retreat." [/colour]She said. Shining armor Shook his head, [colour=#008080]"I havent Checked. Hold on a moment." [/colour]He responded. He turned on his Com Ear piece. [colour=#008080]"This is Commander Shining Armor, I request a Full report Of all ground and air forces." [/colour]He said. He heard a crackle and the forces around ponyville clicked back, [colour=#FFD700]"This is SERS operative Tornado wind, We have taken *BOOM* heavy Causualties! * Magical fire* Returning to base with 3 injured! 2 KIA!" [/colour]it crackled. The raptor team from Ponyville Crackled in soon after[colour=#008000] "This is Raptor Squad 23-2 Heavy casualties, Only 5 remaining! Returning to base!" [/colour]It crackled. Shining armor Sighed. He waited for a report from the Squads in Cloudsdale. He knew Jet stream had Been corrupted bbut had no clue where he was.[colour=#008080] "Cloudsdale Squad! Report! A full retreat has been issued!" [/colour]He demanded. He only heard static.

Dawn ran up to Twilight, tear stains on her cheeks. [colour=#40e0d0]"Twilight what are we going to do?! Lyria is on her way to Canterlot after mum!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She sobbed. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"She is getting worse and worse by the second... The Nightmares have corroded moms sleep, and so she hasn't slept in 4 days!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Dawn cried, and collapsed on the floor. [/colour]

CloudDasher nearly chipped a tooth in anger. She had lost the pony who had trained her. Guided her and made her what she was. She looked back at shimmer. "[colour=#00ffff]NO! Im not losing somepony else today! Stay down you stupid mare![/colour]" She yelled at her. CloudDaser trotted over to shimmer. She looked over her. "[colour=#00ffff]What do I do? Im not trained for this![/colour]" She yelled. She got out the FirstAid kit from her saddlebag and looked around. It looked as if Shimmer was bleeding internally. Which was probably what she was trying to tell Cloud. CloudDasher wiped her tears from her eyes, She had lost a friend's life. Now it was time to save one. Blitz had trotted in a while ago. But Cloud was ignoring her. She had more important things to attend to then catch her up on what had happened so far. CloudDasher looked down at shimmer. She put her hoof under her head and begain to take off the armor she was wearing. It was heavy. Fist she removed the Hoof guards then the chest piece and the body armor. She layed it all down in a pile "[colour=#00ffff]This is all I can do for now.[/colour]" She sniffed, Pulling out a syringe of Morphine. She injected the painkiller into Shimmers body. It would take effect shortly. But they had to get her out of there ASAP And to a hospital. "[colour=#00ffff]What now...[/colour]" She sighed, CloudDasher was running out of hope.

AngelSnapp looked around for a escape. But they were surrounded. "[colour=#800000]Were not getting out of this wit[/colour][colour=#800000]hout a fight, One that we wont win.[/colour]" He added. Angel looked all around, They needed a miracle.

Lyria's head continued to fight with the Nightmares, and she whimpered.

[colour=#800080]"Cloud[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]Dasher!"[/colour] Lyria screamed, the nightmares corrupting Lyria's mind completely. [colour=#ff0000]"R[/colour][colour=#800080]u[/colour][colour=#ff0000]n! I [/colour][colour=#800080]c[/colour][colour=#ff0000]a[/colour][colour=#800080]n[/colour][colour=#ff0000]'t [/colour][colour=#800080]control [/colour][colour=#ff0000]myself [/colour][colour=#800080]anymore! The Nightmares are going to kill you all under my command! Run! I can't hurt anymore! Just run from Equestria!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria broke down in a heavy maniacal laugh, and disappeared towards Canterlot.[/colour]

(An idea has occured to me!)

A purple Unicorn ran over the roofs of the buildings, she made her way through the buildings until she came onto a certain roof. She felt her horn light up and point downwards, she proceeded to follow it and went inside. She noticed some of the pictures, holding a grey pegasus, A purple pegasus, and a grey Unicorn. She looked onto an End table at the side of a red couch. There stood a gold Pocket Watch. She smiled and quickly slipped it into her pocket. She exited ad continued to Trot away.

Time looked to Angel. [colour=#696969]"There's... one way out without the pocket watch but you've seen what happened the last time I let him in." [/colour][colour=#000000]He looked to his hallucination of Deity and stared into his cold, dead, pure white, eyes. He focused on the shield, sending it forward to knock the shadowbolts down. This time though one managed to dodge and tackled him to the side. He lit his horn up to send the shadowbolt away, once again he put the shield up but it was cracked and looked faded. His options were limited.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Swift looked at Shimmer and gave a weak smile. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I actually know a bit about medicine, maybe I could take a look?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget looked around and swore he saw a purple unicorn jump from one roof to another.[/colour]

The Ruins of the house lay silently With the flames dying down. Eventually the flames disspated and Lay quietly. Among the debris there was Many things strewn about the rubble and the wrechage. Photos, pieces of Broken furnature and Applicances that once were. A little sound Crackled From deep inside the rubble, A comm That had come through, It was shining Armor Calling for a full retreat back to the castle, and A status check on Anypony in cloudsdale. The comms fell silent and the helmet lay there, the hud blinking. The hud let out a little Warning status of the pony whom once wore it. [colour=#A52A2A]"Status: 5 ribs Broken, Massive blood loss, Broken fore limb. Seek medical attention!!" [/colour]It read. It blinked over and over again with status updates and such. Then it Chimed again[colour=#A52A2A] "Health status........Serious Conditon.......Pulse BPM 23........." [/colour]It announced. After 3 minutes the mask chimed yet again. [colour=#A52A2A]"BPM 150..... Adrenaline Present........Status ........Serious Condition........*zap*............ Activating Medical attention Beacon......." [/colour]The mask Started to Flash quickly, It emmited a Alarm to Call anypony nearby. The comms Announced in a robotic tone, [colour=#A52A2A]"Teammate in distress......Teammate in distress, Id tag 4628.....SERS Operative.........Immediate responce...... Required...." [/colour]It announced to any members nearby.

( Its a medical Distress beacon That goes off when their is no responce from the Hurt team mate. Hope after all?)

(Ok review)

(Thunder swift the Shadowbolt that was under the custody of the Squad had Corrupted Flashbomb to cover his escape,

Cloud dasher And Phyad had Gone to find a Escape route for the Squad and during this time Flashbomb attacked Shimmer thus alerting the horde of Shadowbolts and Changelings to attack.

Flashbomb was knocked away by shimmer and she starts to drag team mates from the building to help them escape.

Lyria attempted to corrupt angel snapp and Time and the squad leader of the raptors came to his rescue thus making Lyria frustrated and She flew back to Cloudsdale to corrupt others in the squad. She quarreled with velocity during this time.

Flashbomb struggled for control and realized that the size of the horde was to much for the Squad to escape so he knoked your changeling Character and Torgue out of the buidingHe makes a 'sacrafice' To give them the ability to escape by detonating a chargepack and A Implosion battery,This knocked Lyria away and Knocked some sense into her. She is flying back to Canterlot while Fighting with herself. thus destroying the horde that had Amased there. Cloud dasher is helping Shimmer at the moment.

Back in canterlot princess Twilight and Shining armor are evalluating the situation all within the safety of Shining armor's shield. Dawn, Luna's daughter and Lyria's sister reports that Luna is falling ill due to the nightmares. All units are being called back to Canterlot for a final defence. Your character is safe, but Flashbomb seems to have died.)

Shimmer groaned slightly as she was laid back down and Cloud Dasher began removing her armor. Swift offered her medical services as well. Shimmer nodded, [colour=#696969]"Reginae.. She's the Medical officer... of Flight... 01... If you can get her.... awake, she might know... what to do. If not... She might have something... that will help. I think one of my lungs is out. Would explain... my shortness of breath."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She smiled slightly, if it was slightly a grimace, as Cloud Dasher injected her with the pain killer, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Thanks."[/colour]

~*~

[colour=#000000]Velocity limped back towards the group, both eyes back to normal. For how long, he had no idea. He could only hope he was able to hold the Corruption back should it return. He saw the white coated Anomaly trot over towards the comm system lying in the crater, picking it up and investigating it, before activating his own comm system,[/colour][colour=#000000]latching onto its frequency and broadcasting on multiple networks,[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#808080]"This is Comm Officer Anomaly, Raptor Squadron Ensis. We are located in the Southern Cloudsdale ruins. We have multiple wounded, requesting immediate assistance..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He waited a few seconds before repeating the message.[/colour]

~*~

[colour=#000000]Psyad kept herself in the air, watching as Cloud Dasher tended to Shimmer. She scanned the area, noticing a body lying next to a trashed building. She hovered over and landed. It was Torque, still unconscious. Surprisingly, he hadn't sustained much more damage than what was inflicted on him by Flash before the explosion. How he had gotten out, was a mystery to her. Psyad landed next to the massive Pegusus, looking at the unique visor of his helmet, and then at his face. [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"Got yourself in a bit of a situation, didn't you buddy?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She knelt down in front of him, [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"Wonder what would happen if you woke up... Would you still try to kill us? Or would you be cured?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She snorted, [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"That'd be way to lucky for it to happen. I hope you're OK after all this blows over. Won't be the same without my Big Brother around to protect me, huh?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000](OOC: Clarifying: They are not really related of course. Like I mentioned earlier, they have a very Big Daddy/Little Sister kind of relationship, if it is slightly joking. She just calls him her big brother.)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]/)*(\[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus curses in frustration, as nothing hopeful was being found at the Academy ruins. And now they were being called back to Canterlot. He looked over at Sagebrush from where she was perched on a cloud, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"Find anything?!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She shook her head solemnly, [/colour][colour=#006400]"No sir... Unfortunately I haven't seen anything."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shrike glided over to them, Alkaline in tow, [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"We should pull back."[/colour][colour=#000000] He looked at the conflict of agreement and disagreement flashing behind Carmus' eyes, [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Look Captain, there isn't much you we can do. For all we know Rainbow Dash, Spitfire and the others here are probably gone. There's nothing we can do against dead."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus nodded, letting out a slightly growling sigh. He glanced around the ruins once more before beginning to walk to the edge.[/colour]

CloudDasher nodded, She was about to trot over and try to wake the medical officer but she was interrupted by a something over the comm's "[colour=#a52a2a]Teammate in distress......Teammate in distress, Id tag 4628.....SERS Operative.........Immediate response...... Required....[/colour]" CloudDasher stopped. That was FlashBomb's ID. CloudDasher ran over to the uncourteous mare. "[colour=#00ffff]You heard the Distress call! First aid kit NOW! Shes unconscious and need epinephrine![/colour]" She yelled. Blitz passed CloudDasher the first aid kit and she pulled out a Syringe. She planted it into the pony's arm. "[colour=#00ffff]Come on.. Come on![/colour]" She said apprehensively. She retrieved the syringe and waited to see if the pony would wake up. (Epinephrine is used in the Military to revive unconscious solders during combat. Basicly to my understanding, It increases heart rate by thinning the blood to increase adrenaline which forces the downed soldier to wake up.)

(OOC: Very good.)

Reginae coughs as she wakes up, taking in a couple deep breaths of air. She shakes her head, looking at Blitz and Cloud with a. Slightly confused expression, "What do you need?"

She looks behind her, seeing Shimmer's state and a look of realization passes over her face. She stands up slowly, and makes her way over to the injured mare, taking various things from her armor's medical box. She sets a temporary IV into Shimmer's foreleg, speaking without looking up, "I can keep her alive for now... But she definately needs a proper hospital. If she's suffering internal hemorrhaging she'll need surgery, something I don't have time and resources to do safely out here."