The College, Frotrox school of Magic Chapter 1

Dabom444

Krosis's vison came back to him and he felt his hooves on solid ground. He shook his head and sighed, it wasnt everyday he went through a waygate. He looked around and saw that they were in The main grand hallway. He looked back to see dozens of students coming in from everywhere. He Smiled as he saw someponies he knew like the Pony whom guarded the gate back in ponyville. He Stood there next to Lavender, he didnt want to get seperated from her because she was the only pony he knew besides first appearences. He remembered that he didnt purchase anything he needed for classes. He turned around [colour=#B22222]"Oh no! i forgot to buy......" [/colour]He said but the gate collapsed and closed. [colour=#B22222]"Supplies......"[/colour]He sighed and put his hoof down. He turned back around and looked at the grand staircase infront of him. The ceiling had been so peaked and so high that it made him woozy. He looked back down and watched the students mingle. He guessed the Faculty were getting ready to say hello to them all. He looked over to Lavender[colour=#B22222]"This place is pretty cool....seems kind of Ancient..." [/colour]He said to her referencing to the ancient archetecture. (cant spell)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, after much waiting Grey Matter was awakened by the announcement made schoolwide over the intercom.

"ORIENTATION WILL BEGIN IN LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES. ALL NEW STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE LECTURE HALL OF PROFESSOR GREY MATTER FOR A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO HIS CLASS, A BRIEF HISTORY OF FROTROX, AND WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY, BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THE PRESENTATION, TO MEET THEIR FELLOW STUDENTS. AGAIN, ALL FIRST YEAR STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE LECTURE HALL OF PROFESSOR GREY MATTER FOR ORIENTATION."

A rather rude awakening, he felt. He also did not understand why it must have been yelled through the intercom, but he immediately prepared his room for the flood of students that would soon being to pour in. Although his drowsiness hid it well, he was quite eager to meet his first class of students, and wondered what they would think to see that he was not even a unicorn himself...

He would dare not begin the orientation until those thirty minutes had passed, however, knowing that students would want to spend as much time as possible mingling and making their way into his room.

Arc swore he heard something. He turned around to see the same stallion ask him a question. "[colour=#daa520]Um..no...no problem at all." [/colour]He gave him a nervous chuckle and then trotted on. That was weird...he figured he came off angry but that was his job just then. Besides he was just a student as well.

Arc trotted on and eventually he found the mare and the stallion that were together and hoofed his way over to them. "[colour=#daa520]Hey there!"[/colour] He gave both of them friendly waves. [colour=#daa520]"Are you both as excited as I am to be here?!" [/colour]He had a wide eyed expression with a big smile.

[colour=#282828]"ORIENTATION WILL BEGIN IN LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES. ALL NEW STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE LECTURE HALL OF PROFESSOR GREY MATTER FOR A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO HIS CLASS, A BRIEF HISTORY OF FROTROX, AND WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY, BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THE PRESENTATION, TO MEET THEIR FELLOW STUDENTS. AGAIN, ALL FIRST YEAR STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE LECTURE HALL OF PROFESSOR GREY MATTER FOR ORIENTATION."[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Arc put a hoof to his chin. "[/colour][colour=#daa520]Huh..I figured Celestia or Luna would do that. Oh well. I'm ready to get this school year started! How about you two?" [/colour][colour=#282828]He looked back at Lavender and Krosis.[/colour]

"Oooh, well this is fancy!" Denim says as she steps through, taking the interior in with a single panoramic sweep, "Very rustic."

She glanced around at the groups of socializing unicorns, noticing the stallion who'd been taking the invitation letters stepping over to the two who'd come in before her. Denim shrugged, floating the ferret around to face her, "Well, Nico, we've got a half an hour before everything really starts up, what do you say we meet our classmates?"

Nico simply stared blankly back at her for a few seconds before yawning widely, revealing rows of sharp teeth, before just looking at her again. Denim made a small squeeing noise, nuzzling the tube shaped creature, "You are just so cute! I knew getting a ferret was a good idea!"

She glanced around again, before making her way over to the others, but not quite standing with them, or joining in the conversation. She was the type of pony who was friendly, but really unless you approached her and initiated conversation, chances of her talking to you were slim.

(OOC: Denim's ferret, Nico, is actually based off my own ferret of the same name, so the behaviors will be partially based off her to. Expect many things to go missing.)

Jumper looked at the guard with a weary expression then continued onward. "Hey midnight lets go make some friends eh?" The raven cawed in agreement. Jumper walked up to a mare who had a ferret floating in front of her. "Hey there you new here too?" He asked her.

Denim squeaked slightly in surprise at the sound of a stallion's voice, wheeling around to face the source. She smiled somewhat uncomfortably, blushing somewhat in embarrassment, "Sorry about that," she clears her throat and gets her face under control, and gave him an actual smile, "Yes, I'm brand new here. My name's Denim! And this," she gestures to the ferret floating beside her, "Is is Nico."

She sets Nico back on her neck, which the ferret wraps herself halfway around and looks about the room. Denim tilts her head slightly, "I'm assuming you're new to? What's your name?"

"I didn't mean to startle you. I'm Planes Jumper and this," he motioned to the raven on his back, "Is Midnight." he told Denim "It's nice to meet you Denim and you too Nico." He looked at her Cutie mark to attempt and guess what magic she was talented at. Elements maybe? "So what type of magic are you good at? I can rip holes in the Multiverse and travel through them to a different universe."

"It's alright," she smiles, "Pleasure meeting you two."

She raises an eyebrow when she sees him looking beyond her head, then realizes he's looking at her cutie mark, and asks what kind of magic she is good at. Denim perks up slightly, "Oh! Primarily Elemental based magic, that's what the circle of elements represents. The root system thingy I think means I can branch out into other schools of magic, but I'm not entirely sure..."

Her eyes widen in astonishment, "Tearing holes into the fabric of reality and stepping into another universe? I just might need a demonstration of that sometime! I've never heard of anypony being able to do that before!"

Jumper grinned. "Yeah its cool but I am physically unable to perform any other spell. no levitation, no teleporting, ect ect. But I think its worth it. I think we should get to orientation before we're late." he told her

Denim makes a slightly pained face, "Oooh, that's a pretty hefty price to pay. But yeah, who else can say they've stepped into another universe?"

She laughs slightly, before nodding after he suggests getting to orientation, "Yeah, I wouldn't want to miss it, but we still have some time left, right?"

Lavender landed on a hard ground and stared at hall she was in, it ceiling so high the room soo big and bustling with other unicorns.she heard Krosis say he forgot his supplies luckily she bought double the amount needed incase she lost some."hey Krosis I have 1 spare of everything and this place is amazing a very old place all done up to house us all,"Lavender said as Krosis still stood by her side not wanting to leave.

Suddenly the guard of the WayGate came hoofing over waving and saying "hey there,are u both excited to be here as I am?" Lavender had waved backed and awaited until he had reached them to answer "Hey yeah it's going to be amazing I wonder who my dorm unicorn will be I just can't wait!"lavender had said answering him and then turning to Krosis "Hey what shall we do before we need to get into class to meat our new history or I don't know teacher,"lavender asked wondering what to do"maybe we could chat to those ponies over there," She said as she pointed to a unicorn with a ferret round her neck and one with a raven.

Jumper looked at the mare. "I can take you one day if you'd like." He told her flatly. He noticed two ponies looking over at them one with a Crystal wolf cub and the other with a cat. "Looks like we might have some company." he told Denim

Krosis looked over to the two whom Lavender picked out. He smiled to her and nodded, [colour=#B22222]"Whatever you want to do Lavender i will follow, i kinda dont wanna get lost in here with all of these unicorns at all." [/colour]He said with a nod. He started to make his way over to them. He Noticed Calie stir on his back. She had stood and mewed at him, he chuckled when she awoke, [colour=#B22222]"Good morning sunshine!" [/colour]He giggled as She climbed up on his head. He continued to walk twoards the mare with A ferret.

"That'd be awesome!"

She looks over as he pointed out other ponies looking at them, and smiled and waved to them, but didn't speak.

Nico looked over as Krosis and Lavender approached, staring at them, but mainly the cat and wolf cub.

"Hey then let's go we can all be friends,"Lavender said as Crystal her wolf cub awoke and poked her head out of her basket looking at the new surroundings with curiosity."hey I'm Lavender and this is Krosis, we don't need anything but we thought we might come and make some new friends in this packed place,"Lavender had said to the unicorn who had named himself as Planes Jumper, when she reached to where they where standing."And you are?" Lavender said to the other unicorn with a ferret round her neck as Crystal came out and leant on her neck and part of her back."Crystal is very light when she is a baby but when she reaches a teenager I can't carry her anymore but she can still walk beside me," Lavender thought as she realised she was soo light at the moment.

Jumper looked at Krosis and Lavender. "So what type of magic do you two excel at?" he asked curiously. "We all must excel at one form or another right? Otherwise we we wouldn't be here."

Krosis had stood silently listening to everypony make introductions. He nodded to Nico and smiled at him, he liked ferrets but would never have the patience to tend to one. He as well took an intrest in The raven that jumper had along with him. His cat purred quietly as she sat upon His brow. He decided to levitate her onto his back. She meowed in slight frustration but proceeded to clean herself. He looked back to jumper and Denim. [colour=#B22222]"I specialize in restoration and protection. I can make a pretty reliable shield when the time arrises." [/colour]He chuckled. He noticed that Arc had Zoned out and was kind of just hanging out by himself. He shouted out for him to come join them.

"Protection and restoration that's pretty useful." Jumper replied to Krosis "I can rip holes in the mutiverse and travel to alternate realities." he turned to Lavender. "What about you?"

Lavender listened as the unicorn with the ferret round her neck said she was Denim and Nico was the animal."Cool oh yeah and this is Crystal my wolf cub,"Lavender said as Crystal stood on her back and began to wave with her paw "hey there that's right I'm Crystal Lavenders very only helper,"Crystal said in a sweet voice.lavender listened to Jumper as he asked what type of magic we both excel at she awaited for Krosis to say his part then Lavender said "I don't really excel at any part of magic I am very good at all of them I started to learn more complicated spells at first but as I grew up I realised that there are easier ones but if I have to say probably teleportation and the same as Krosis a really strong shield," Lavender said as she watched Krosis call Arc over.

Arc snapped back into reality only to hear the end of the conversation. So he didn't worry about it because it looked like nopony was talking to him. Or at least he hoped so. He wasn't a mean pony, he never ignored anypony...on purpose. Somewhat.

Anyways Arc shook his head and came back to the world of living. He glanced over at all of the ponies he was around. He glanced around at the ancient building and the excitement flew through his body once more. He saw so many unicorns and he just felt a home here.

As a few ponies began to trikle into his room, Grey Matter announced to them, "Hello, everypony! I will wait until everypony gets in here to begin the presentation, but if you would, please sign in and let me know as you get in; the sooner we get everypony in, the sooner we get started, the sooner we finish, and finally, the sooner you will all be free to mix and mingle! Sound like a good deal everypony? Also, as an icebreaker, I want each of you to prepare a card with the basic information about you, that is, your name, talent, and why you are here. Sound good?" Grey knew that, sooner or later, they would notice something...off about him, but the longer he could keep them distracted, the better. He already had it built into his presentation anyway, so better he tell them than they notice themselves. So, at this point, he began wandering around the class, trying to appear as though he was keeping a watchful eye on everypony, although he neither had that much of a care for whether they followed the rules exactly (They were just college kids, and good ones at that; he trusted them), nor was he able to pay much mind to their behavior at the moment, his mind finishing up with its own daily routine.

"Hey guys lets get going to our first lesson, I wonder what our teacher would look like," Lavender said as she looked out into the hallway where few unicorns began to walk towards it."Wonder if we get down more information about this cool place," she said as she turned her head back to the group including the 5 unicorns.

"Yeah lets go." Jumper agreed "We don't want to be late to orientation." He started to trot next to Denim "I take you some where after orientation. ok?" he whispered to her