Hi. I'm new here.

pollo20x6

[colour=#282828]Hello, my name is Carlos, but everyone calls me Pollo. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]I recently made a video making fun of my little pony. It was going to spoof the ending of Evil Dead 2. After watching a couple clips, I made an opinion and started filming. However, shortly after filming the last scene, I told my friend that the overall video was going to make fun of how MLP fans say if you watch one episode you get hooked and that was the joke. But then he told me that it was unfair of me to make assumptions and told me to watch at least the first episode. I thought he had a point and considering that he had never even heard of the show, I decided to go ahead and watch. The original video was scrapped and this video is the real result. I feel it says alot more about me than I could possibly type here in this introduction post. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]

[/colour]

To be honest, I'm not enthusiastic about being enthusiastic about ponies. haha

That video shows how I really felt on the inside. I hate the show for liking it so much.

But oh well. Might as well go with it.

But the liking it part is true. It's like dang, where did this show come from? Blew my mind to bits.

Edited by pollo20x6

Hi there, welcome to Canterlot! :) Yeah, MLP:FIM does have a tendency to suck people in from the start.

One thing I really appreciate about the show is that it challenges the expectations people have of "a little girl's show." I admire Lauren Faust for making what she made because she proved that for girls ≠ weak and poorly made. I find it terribly sexist to equate anything female or made for females with being poorly made or sub-par. Why can't we just enjoy a TV show for what it is, rather than place all this emphasis on who it was made for? My hope is that, as a result of the success of this show, people in the future will be less-inclined to dismiss things just because they were made for girls, as you seemed so quick to do in the beginning. It's already going a long way towards breaking down the conceptions we have of what is or isn't gender appropriate.

The way females are portrayed is something that I really liked about the show.As I mentioned in the video, Parks and Rec is one of my favorite shows, but the thing I regret not mentioning is how I love that the lead character is a strong and independent female character and how this is seen also in MLP. It's why applejack and rainbow dash stand out in my mind because of their toughness. I love that about them.

Dang it...Now I'm praising the show again... x_X

1. Welcome~

2. Lol, how in Equestria were you going to parody Ash Williams chainsawing his hand off? :D

3. Tails Miles is better. ;3

4. As a male, I watch MLP for the storyline, not the slapstick.

5. Lost World.

6. Glad you outgrew your manhood to become something greater.

• Like 1

@Kodokuna

It was just going to be the ending, where instead of yelling "hail!" over and over again, it was going to be "the herd!" over and over again with the scene looking just like the one from evil dead 2. The beginning of the video would have just been the character denying his enjoyment for the show.

Me personally, I also enjoy the story. It's one of the best things about the show (along with pretty much everything else. It annoys me that I have troubles finding things I don't like). Most of the characters seem to remember what happened in previous episodes, unlike other shows, so it really feels like a really grand epic with a great beginning, middle, and end.

But I have to ask. What did you mean by "lost world"?

@Kodokuna

It was just going to be the ending, where instead of yelling "hail!" over and over again, it was going to be "the herd!" over and over again with the scene looking just like the one from evil dead 2. The beginning of the video would have just been the character denying his enjoyment for the show.

Me personally, I also enjoy the story. It's one of the best things about the show (along with pretty much everything else. It annoys me that I have troubles finding things I don't like). Most of the characters seem to remember what happened in previous episodes, unlike other shows, so it really feels like a really grand epic with a great beginning, middle, and end.

But I have to ask. What did you mean by "lost world"?

-Lol, boomstick is magic. :D

-The Season 2 Finale, 'A Canterlot Wedding', was hands down one of the best storylines of any cartoon I've watched. Sure, it was anticlimactic, but the rest of the build up was fantastic. The Season 3 Finale was... a bit of a let down personally. ^^;

-Lost World = Sonic Galaxy. ;D

Oh Yeah. That new sonic game. My first thought was Jurassic park.

I liked the last episode for season 3. I felt like it was a good way to end it all. But when I found out there was a season 4 coming, it seemed like it was out of place. To me, at least.

Oh, I totally forgot about Jurassic Park.

To me, I felt it was rushed. I loved the songs, but I felt that there was more of that than actual story. Plus, the idea of an egghead becoming a princess doesn't feel right. And like you said, it would have been a great way to end it all, had it actually been the last episode.

Sorry if it seems like I'm arguing with you. ^^; I just wanted to hear your thoughts~

Oh, I totally forgot about Jurassic Park.

To me, I felt it was rushed. I loved the songs, but I felt that there was more of that than actual story. Plus, the idea of an egghead becoming a princess doesn't feel right. And like you said, it would have been a great way to end it all, had it actually been the last episode.

Sorry if it seems like I'm arguing with you. ^^; I just wanted to hear your thoughts~

I will address your feelings about the finale being rushed because it was my belief on this is that it was rushed because the company that makes the toy cast for Hasbro finished the princess twilight cast way ahead of schedule and that they didn't want to wait till the original time that they were expecting them to be done. As for you misgivings I have a few reasons why I personally believe that Lauren Faust actually planned this from the start but I have rambled on for quite a bit already if you want to hear about my thought on how it was planed from the beginning let me know.

I will address your feelings about the finale being rushed because it was my belief on this is that it was rushed because the company that makes the toy cast for Hasbro finished the princess twilight cast way ahead of schedule and that they didn't want to wait till the original time that they were expecting them to be done. As for you misgivings I have a few reasons why I personally believe that Lauren Faust actually planned this from the start but I have rambled on for quite a bit already if you want to hear about my thought on how it was planed from the beginning let me know.

I think everyone in this post would love to know. :3

I am making this post encase the above post about my twilicorn theory gets removed by the mods that if you want to know send me a message asking about my twilicorn theory and ill send you the full thing in a message. :):smirk:;):D

Lol, I honestly don't think theories will be removed by the moderators. ^^; It's not like it's some top-secret conspiracy to assassinate Princess Celestia. XD

I have read your theory and though I have already realized some of your points, I found others to be new and fascinating. I'll get back to you on my opinion, but first, I have to actually read 'Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart' first. I didn't even know it already came out. ^^;

I have a question for guys. When you got into the show, were any of you in denial for a while before accepting it or did you just like it from the moment you first saw it.

Back in 2010, I saw a Newgrounds Flash depicting men beating up little girls for MLP toys. I laughed at the idea.

Back in the summer of 2012, four of my friends invited me to a sleepover and revealed that they were bronies. They each took a pony as their own, and designated me to Rarity. I was on the 'eh' side. I was a furry after all, and ponies are furries. Without showing me the actual show, they introduced me to the Pony.mov series. Bad way to start off. ^^; I then read two inappropriate fanfics.

Back in September 2012, my friend showed me the actual show. I was 'eh' for the first few episodes. When I got back home, I decided to watch the rest, and finished the 52 episodes on Netflix within two days. Never looked back and regretted. ;D