Of all the Gems (Open!)

Derpyy

Ruby awoke and stirred herself out of her bed. She had had a wonderful nights sleep and realized she needed to get ready for the day. So, Ruby started to get herself ready and she did her daily morning routine. As she finished getting ready she brushed her mane and then stopped and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked at herself and couldn't help but feel...that something was...off. She looked over her face from many different angels..but she just couldn't seem to pinpoint what was wrong. "[colour=#800000]Aha!"[/colour] Then it hit her. She wasn't wearing her bow! How could she forget her bow! So, Ruby found the pink bow of her's and put it in her mane.

So with her morning preparations done, Ruby decided it was time to head down to her shop and open it up and start her day. Ruby then trotted out of her room and made her way past her sister's room.

"Emmy! I'm going to the shop!"

She then waited to see if she would hear a response...but she didn't She almost went in and checked on her but she decided not to. She figured her sister was still sleeping.

Ruby took off and hit the streets of the Crystal Empire. Oh how she loved it here. The brightness and the colours. Everything was amazing. As she made her way down the road she gave a few friendly waves to passing ponies and kept on moving. Ruby then reached her shop. Her own little corner of paradise. She hadn't been working a long time so she was, and is, still getting used to the fact that she has her own store. A store that is devoted to what she loves none the less. Fashion! She gets to make and tailor clothes for anypony and everypony!

So Ruby looked around her shop and made sure everything was ready to go. She had a few items on display and then went and propped open her door. She then moved over to one of the windows and flipped over the sign which now read, "Open!" She sighed a happy and nervous sigh. She was sure today would be great. She wondered if anypony would come in..

Doodle Doo was absolutely dying from the sheer beauty of the Crystal Empire. The colours, the buildings, even the flora seemed to be bursting with colours. She couldn't wait to see what the sunset would look like, with the Western horizon shining with hues of red and orange and the moon peaking up from the Eastern horizon, bringing with it cooler shades of blue and deep purple. She could go on forever, but decided to focus on the shops around her. There were so many shops similar to those in Canterlot, but the ponies were definitely different. As she trotted along, one shop caught her eye. A boutique? She did need a new dress and maybe some other clothes... She couldn't recall the last time she renewed her wardrobe. She trotted inside, admiring all the accessories and dresses that had already been made.[colour=#006400] "Wow!"[/colour] She said, unable to contain her shock.[colour=#008000] "These are gorgeous!"[/colour] She said, admiring a pale blue dress that was almost white. She could already tell she was going to have trouble just picking one dress. It wouldn't hurt to have two or three, would it?

Ruby was a bit surprised that she had already had a pony trot in her shop! She had pretty much just opened up!

[colour=#008000] "These are gorgeous!"[/colour]

Ruby couldn't help but blush. She had gotten compliments before...but this was unexpected from her.[colour=#800000] "Why thank you!"[/colour] She gave the mare a big smile. [colour=#800000]"Now. Welcome to my boutique! Welcome to Ruby's...!...Um..."[/colour] Ruby then put a hoof up to her chin and thought for a bit. She had actually not come up with a name for her boutique yet...so she had a few names running through her head. She shook her head at the names she didn't like and then realized that she had a customer in front of her.

Ruby snapped back and giggled. "[colour=#800000]My apologies. I haven't thought of a name for my lovely little shop here. But anyways! Let me know if you need any help with anything!"[/colour] Ruby..had no idea if this mare wanted her to leave her alone or not. Her normal talkative nature got the best of her and all she really wanted to do was talk and talk and talk. [colour=#800000]"Soooo, I haven't seen you around here. Do you live here?"[/colour] She wanted to ask at least fifteen more questions..but decided to start with one.

Doodle nodded, smiling.[colour=#006400] "Oh, it's fine. I unfortunately don't live here. I'm visiting from Canterlot. I just arrived last night."[/colour] She said, continuing to look at dresses. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for today. Maybe she'd get a breezy dress, or maybe she'd need a more formal dress...[colour=#006400] "I'm an artist, and I came here because I've been itching to paint scenes around the Crystal Empire. The pictures and paintings I've seen haven't done this grand empire justice though! I don't know how I'll capture the majestic..."[/colour] She caught herself, blushing.[colour=#006400] "Sorry, I tend to go on and on about painting and art in general."[/colour] She looked at one dress that was a soft shade of violet. It was made of a soft material, and the sleeves were see through. It looked comfortable while still maintaining an air of elegance.[colour=#006400] "How much is this dress?"[/colour] Doodle asked, searching for a price tag.

[colour=#006400]"I'm an artist, and I came here because I've been itching to paint scenes around the Crystal Empire. The pictures and paintings I've seen haven't done this grand empire justice though! I don't know how I'll capture the majestic..."[/colour]

Ruby nodded at Doodle. [colour=#800000]"An artist? Ohh how wonderful!" [/colour]Ruby clapped her hooves together in approval for Doodle. Ruby began to wonder what being an artist was like. Apparently being an artist meant you get to travel! A pony from Canterlot..wound up in her store! She was overjoyed!

[colour=#006400]"Sorry, I tend to go on and on about painting and art in general."[/colour]

Ruby shook her head in disapproval. [colour=#800000]"Oh no no no. I could actually listen to you go on for a while about your profession! Being an artist sounds like fun!"[/colour] Ruby gave the mare a very energetic smile. And kept it on her face as she looked over at one of the dresses she had made. Ruby pondered for a bit at the look of the dress. Doodle wanted to know how much. [colour=#800000]"Oh! That one?[/colour]" Ruby glanced between the dress and Doodle.[colour=#800000] "Fifteen bits sound good? If you want to..you can try it on in the back. I have a changing room and all the privacy in the world." [/colour]

Doodle smiled, nodding. [colour=#006400]"That would be lovely, actually. Sometimes I end up buying clothes and they don't fit how I expected them to fit at all." [/colour]She laughed, gently taking the dress of the mannequin.[colour=#006400] "I'll be right back!"[/colour] She trotted into the changing room, After a few minutes, the pegasus exited the changing room. She looked in a mirror, turning her head in one way or another. [colour=#006400]"What do you think? It fits nicely, I guess. I think the style of my hair right now is just making it look a little funny." [/colour]

Ruby nodded to the mare. Oh how she had felt the same pain as she did! She could not count the times she had bought clothes that she though would fit and then goes home to wear them...and they don't fit! So she waited for the mare to finish putting on the dress.

Once she came out Ruby looked the mare over. Her eyes widened and she gave a little squeal.[colour=#800000] "How do I think it looks? I think it looks fantastic!" [/colour]She moved around her and got the look of it from a few different angles. She then looked up to her mane and back to the dress. [colour=#800000]"Nonsense! I think your style of mane is helping to accent the colours of the dress!"[/colour]:She pointed to her mane and then moved her hoof down to the dress. [colour=#800000]"I think it looks great!"[/colour] She gave her a warm smile followed by another nod.[colour=#800000] " Well what do you think? Would you like it? Or no? Or would you like to look around some more..or?"[/colour] She shrugged nervously at the mare.

Cinnabar Star darted through the streets of the Crystal Empire with her package strapped tightly to her back. She was doing a remarkable job not bowling over anypony this morning in her eagerness to deliver the mail. Her routes had not yet become routine to her yet, and there were occasions she got a little turned around, but her deliveries were never late, regardless. She passed by the tailor shop, did a sharp u-turn, and came to a screeching halt. Not even double-checking the package to make sure she had the right address, she barreled through the door. She beamed at the two ponies inside.

"SPECIAL DELIVERY!" She unstrapped the package on her back and placed it on the floor. "Miss Sapphire Shoes, I think. Or was it Miss Sapphire Styles?" The young crystal mare's face took on a puzzled look for a few seconds before she gave a shrug. "Anyway, ta-ta!" She started to rush outside but once again came to a screeching halt, as the MOST adorable dress caught her eye. Her amethyst-coloured eyes went wide in awe and admiration. She trotted over to the dress and gave a squeal. "Ooo, look at those ribbons! And the lace." The dress was far too small for a mare, however, and seemed to be more suited for a filly than anypony else. "I bet my little sissy-missy would look so cute in this."

Doodle looked at the dress for a little longer, holding her front hoof out to see how the sleeves would fall and opening her wings. Listening to the mare, she nodded. [colour=#006400]"I would, actually. Would it be okay for me to shop around a little longer though? I'm trying to put a change in my wardrobe. I can't remember the last time I went shopping and bought more than one dress."[/colour] She laughed at that, recalling her meager wardrobe of two or three dresses.

She was about to say something else when a mailpony darted in, delivering a package for a Miss Sapphire something, because she couldn't recall the name of the pony that the package was for. A very frilly and lacy dress had caught the mare's eye, and now she was fawning over it.[colour=#006400] "It is a pretty dress."[/colour] She said, looking at it.[colour=#006400] "it would look lovely on any filly. If I had a younger sister I would probably get it for her."[/colour] She laughed, nodding.

Ruby gave Doodle a solid nod. [colour=#800000]"But of course! Feel free to shop as much as you want!" [/colour]She gave yet another warm smile.

Ruby was taken by surprise to receive a package. Especially by such an energetic crystal pony she had never met before. Ruby looked over the package. She wasn't expecting anything...she thought. So she pushed the package a bit and looked it over. [colour=#800000]"I wasn't expecting anything..care to elaborate more on this? Do you know anything about it?" [/colour]Ruby's face beamed with excitement that this package could have come from Sapphire Shores! Was it her? Or somepony else? Oh well! Guess she would need to find out!

Ruby took her mind off of the package and trotted over to the two mares that were in her shop. One mare was admiring a dress she had made for a filly. She looked over the dress and then over at the mare. [colour=#800000]"I have to agree. It does look good on fillies."[/colour] Ruby gave a small giggle. [colour=#800000]"I actually used my little sister as the model for this one." [/colour]She couldn't help but giggle again before regaining her normal composure. [colour=#800000]"Now, feel free to look around and ask me any questions you have! I'm Ruby by the way."[/colour] She gave the mare a nod and then awaited her response.

Cinnabar Star was still admiring the dress when Ruby told her she wasn't expecting anything, and then introduced herself. She blinked, then looked at the other mare in the shop. That mare wasn't even a crystal pony! Uh-oh. She returned to the package and looked at the name. It was for a Miss Sapphire Shoes. "Oopsie. I think I went to the wrong place." She paused a second, then took her satchel off and dumped a pile of mail onto the floor. "I think I do have a letter for you, though." She sifted through the pile of mail before finding Ruby's name. "Aha! Here we are!" She offered the letter to Ruby, then set to work dumping the mail back into her satchel. "I'll be right back. I gotta make a quick run to get this package to Miss Sapphire Shoes!" She managed to get the package strapped back to her back and rushed out the door.

Five minutes later, she returned, sweat noticeably dripping down her brow. She was also panting. "Huff, huff... what a work-out. Huff... I was almost late." The satchels on her back looked less full, as well.

She sat down on the floor and held a hoof up. "I'm Cinnabar Star, by the way. Give me a moment. Huff...."

When she had recovered a little, she gestured over to the filly dress. "How much is it?"

Ruby's saddened a bit. Turns out that package wasn't for her..but some other pony. Oh well, at least she got a letter! Ruby took the letter and as the rather frantic mare ran out of her shop, she put the letter on a desk that was in her shop.

She trotted back towards Doodle, who wasn't speaking much. Though Ruby didn't want to bother her. And just like that then, the frantic mare came back. She ran into her shop and collapsed on the floor out of breath. Ruby stifled her laughter and gave her a nod. [colour=#800000]"Nice to meet you Cinnabar Star!"[/colour] As Cinnabar asked about the fillies dress. Ruby looked it over. It was rather new but she didn't see why not she couldn't sell it right now. [colour=#800000]"Hmmmm I'd say...fifteen bits." [/colour]She nodded at Cinnabar in her approval for the price. [colour=#800000]"Do you really think your..."sissy-missy" would like it?" [/colour]

Cinnabar Star frowned a little. Working part-time didn't exactly rake in the bits, and she was trying to save up, so she could move out of her parents' house. She gave the dress a longing look. "Is there anyway you could maybe put it on hold for me? I don't have the bits right now. But maybe in a few weeks, I can get it. I think this dress would look absolutely darling on her. And she's never complained about my gifts before." She made a thoughtful look at this, then looked at Ruby hopefully. "I'd really, really like to get it for her."