Dreamslayers- where nightmares come from

Monochrome

ooc: .......................................................................................................................................................................... you might want to edit that if Krad's coming back sometime. Unless he's a ghost now. Idk.

Ooc: :(

Elphaba was slightly startled at her new apperance and made her lip bleed slightly with her new sharpened teeth. "How did we all end up here in the first place?" She asked sitting down.

For the second time tonight, River found herself tumbling forward and landing smack on her rump. She winced at the impact but hurriedly pushed herself off the ground to the hole. Her heartbeat accelerated as she gingerly peered over the edge, sighing in relief when she found that he seemed to be relatively unscathed. Well, if you were crushed by falling pieces of ceiling, anything was better than death. River reached a hoof into the hole, her back legs searching for support on the floor, so she wouldn't be yanked it too.

Nao gathered all that remained of her strength and staggered over to the hole. She immediately noticed what the others apparently hadn't- Krad's breaths were short and kept getting shallower and shallower. Suddenly, three wispy figures like smoke blown in on a breeze were visible above Krad. Nao looked up at them with, surprisingly, no fear for these spirits in her soft yellow eyes. She started talking to them in a nearly inaudible voice. However, one sentence was just loud enough for the other ponies to catch- "Let him live, friends, and you will be repaid." The spirits looked at each other, then turned back to Nao and nodded, seeming to know her well. Then they disappeared, and Krad's breathing became deep and regular again. Nao bent down to the hole. "Krad, are you alright?" she called, straining to reach out a hoof just close enough for him to grab.

River strained to keep a hold on Krad's hooves, but she wasn't very strong in the first place, and Krad was much bigger than her. The pony felt her back hooves slipping slightly on the dirt dusted floor, and she dug them into the floorboards desperately for purchase. There was a soft murmuring from above her, most probably Nao's, and another pair of hooves reached in to help her pull him out.

Once that was done, the filly sat back on her haunches limply and stared at Krad, wishing for him to wake soon. He just saved her, and Nao's, life! How was she ever going to repay that? She shuddered when she imagined what the outcome would be if he hadn't pushed them out of the way in time- probably a pony pancake beneath an old house.

Krad couldn't move he was sure he was dead. After all he couldn't see anything. He could feel himself getting pulled upward. Was that his soul leaving him? He could feel pressure around his eyes. That's when he realized his eyes were closed.He opened his left eye slowly showing a blue eye. He saw everyone around him. That was when he realized he wasn't dead yet. He quickly sits up opening both eyes. "HELLO! thanks for pulling me up." He smiles.

Nao sighed and a smile crept onto her face. "Thank goodness." she murmured. "Those spirits can be tricksters sometimes... Sometimes they switch it with another pony's personality... I guess they do listen to me." she added in a lower voice to nopony in particular. A slight blush was on her cheeks. Charming stallion. He doesn't look bad in this form either.

• Like 1

River beamed broadly when Krad finally regained consciousness. For one scary moment, the filly had thought him to be dead. He had just been lying there, so deathly still save for the rise and fall of his chest and shoulders. She was sure she didn't want to witness anything like that again. River was sitting a little ways behind Nao, but could still see the smile that those two shared. It was then that she realized that she hardly felt any fear for Nao, maybe even Necro. In spite of the initial hostility and rather morbid occupation, they were really just like other ponies- doing what they had to to survive. They had personalities hidden underneath their manes of fire and sharp deadly teeth.

River often tried never to judge by the cover, but she hadn't realized how hard it was to do so until tonight.

Krad smiled and trotted around the hole. "Haha I won." He said sticking his head over it.... And nearly falling in. This caused him to scoot back and look at every pony. "It's hungry." He said with a grin, then he let out a big laugh.

Nao laughed with Krad, a noticeable blush covering her cheeks. Necro walked into the middle of the group. "Alright, now that that kind of thing is presumably over... I suggest we find a different place for Nao and I to tell you that story before we move on. We have enough time, I think... The eclipse isn't for a few more hours. Now, everypony follow us. Oh, and I almost forgot... You are going to be assumed to be half-breeds because you have cutie marks. You may get a few dirty looks, but disregard them. Nopony's going to do anything to you, especially so long as you're accompanying royalty. Now, let's get a move on, outsiders!" he said briskly and gruffly, pushing his way out of the crumbly building, followed by Nao and the others.

River perked up slightly as Necro mentioned something about their cutie marks. She turned her head around to gaze at her flank, beaming when she saw the familiar blue spirals adorning her coat. At least she still had one thing that was truly her own, her pipe having been lost in the forest in her wild and admittedly careless dash into the forest earlier. She felt a pang of pain as she thought about the instrument that she had made herself, River reassured herself by promising to search for it later when she got the chance to. And if she couldn't find it, she could make a new one. Perhaps one with bigger holes, since her hooves weren't as small as they were when she had made it. If she asked nicely, her sister might even spare some of that special waterproof varnish she used on her jewellery.

Lost in her thoughts and plans, she only noticed that they had started leaving when the sound of clopping drifted by her ears. She ran over behind them quickly, a new bounce in her step. Perhaps tonight was indeed a blessing in disguise, for not only did she meet new friends, she also gained an opportunity to improve her musoc.

Krad smiled and walked over to River. "Hey... If you need anything from me just as okay. I brought some stuff with me from our realm. I even picked up some cool items in the forest. " He smiled at her and bumped her slightly. "You'll be okay. I promise." He smiled and started trotting around again. Of course he was wondering what halfbreed meant. Did that mean other ponys had crossed through?

Nao fell in beside Krad as the group walked on, headed for a narrow side street rather than a building this time. Once they had all sat down, they began to talk again. "Alright, everypony, before we start the story of how our kind came to be, why not tell us a bit about yourselves? You know, what those cutie marks stand for, and things like that?" Nao said.

River grinned at Krad as he bumped her, and she attempted to shove him back equally as hard, but only rebounded. Disgruntled, she stuck her tongue out at him before trotting forward in an overly pompous fashion, nose high in the air and tail swishing in an exaggerated manner. After a few moments, her neck began to hurt, so she resumed her normal posture before keeping pace with the others. Once she was level with Krad once more, she raised her eyebrows quizzically, as if asking what sort of things did he pick up. There was a small flicker of hope that her reed pipe might just be in his possession.

They sat down in a small group, and River chose to sit beside Elphaba, leaning forward slightly.

[colour=#ff8c00]"If I make a name for myself, now would be the time, huh? Knew I'd have to start talking eventually. I'm Falcon Dusk, and I guess I'm nothing special. My cutie mark stands as a symbol for my spontaneity and light-heartedness under abrupt or startling situations, good or bad. So that's-uh... it. I'm not much for talking, or... you know."[/colour]

"Oh, nice." Nao said with a nod. "Sorry if you're uncomfortable, I just had to ask because cutie marks are so rare here. Only half-breeds get them." Nao looked over at Krad, who was sitting to her right. "And you?" Nao asked quietly.

Krad smiled and dug through his saddle bag tossing all kinds of stuff around. He pulled out a reed pipe and sat it on the ground. "This was the first thing I found. Oh I'm Krad Ventus. My cutie mark stands for loyalty and bravery." He said smiling he looked over at river who looked like she might die from excitement.