Canterlot.com Lore?

aFlatmajor

So, umm...How about a word from our sponsor?

Bellosh101: "WARNING: most of the lore listed on the forums is painfully outdated. DO NOT rely on anything unless it's been written in 2013."

Note: All but a few Crystal Empire related threads were written before 2013

Thank you Bellosh for starting us off!! :)

Now, I've decided to bring this matter to the surface as I was making an OC that specializes in low altitude acrobatics and I was all like, "Hey!! Why not put her in the ShadowBolts!? :D "

-unimportant details and fillers here-

Which, in turn, led me to posting this thread and wanting answers to the following questions:

1. How reliable are the World and Lore Archives? To my knowledge, the World of Equestria thread is the most relevant. Save for the C. Empire.

2. What from it is still considered board canon? Like the Unicorn Magical Aptitude Test (UMAT)?

3. Will it be updated? Last time something new was added to it was when Crystal Ponies became board canon.

5. Instead of relying on the old lore, should I just make OC's according to Mane RP's rules instead?

Thank you Canterlot Staff in advance for helping me.

And thank you everypony else for convincing the staff to (hopefully) let me have a ShadowBolt!! ;)

And, if anybody still cares about what happens to my OC, if worse comes to worse she'll be in some other group. *cough WonderBolts cough* :halo:

Your friendliest friend of friendliest friendships forever,

~SilverWisp

PSWL (Post Silver Writing Letter).

I never know if I'm posting my questions in the right place or not... I guess I'll continue here until told otherwise!! :P

Hi there, as a member of the lore builder team, allow me to do my best to help answer your questions. :)

1. Unfortunately not perfectly reliable. Much of the information is being reevaluated for the game. Everything before the Crystal Empire lore was written prior to the current lore team and procedures were introduced. A lot of it still may appear in some form, of course. We don't like to take things away from the world we have unless we deem it necessary. It should more often be about adding to the world. That said, surely not every idea ever presented for lore will be adopted. That World of Equestria thread is a good one to go off, as is brianblackberry's map. We might expand the world and the map in the future, but the existing world will undoubtedly serve as its base.
  2. UMAT is not likely to remain something we use. Some of the species there is lore for, like perytons and hippocamps, have already been declared no longer board canon; others might receive lore upgrades. Organizations and general lore topics are likely to be reevaluated, but might remain in some form. Most lore tied to specific locations, like the write ups for Stalliongrad and Garden Gait, should remain in use.
  3. Yes! We lore builders are definitely going to have a lot of exciting things to present, hopefully soon. Crystal Empire tied us up for a long time, but that's far from the end of our use. :D
  4. You can and may use lore to help you build your characters. By all means, that's what it's there for. Just be prepared to listen to the RP Helpers whatever they have to say. What they're telling you will always be more current than old lore you found.

Hope that helps. :)

Organizations and general lore topics are likely to be reevaluated, but might remain in some form.

That's all I needed to hear!! :smug:

Get ready for the first (to my knowledge) ShadowBolt approved for Mane RP!!

Yes! We lore builders are definitely going to have a lot of exciting things to present, hopefully soon.

So... :shifty:

Mind telling me now so I can start a new character app? :halo:

TurI870.png

Moving to RP related items.

You're lucky I caught this before someone else did! :)

<3 Thank you Rosie!! <3